Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You know what, allow me to get an early jump on that and answer your concerns. Anyone who has watched the movie should find this pretty clear....My potential ability was never unlocked. It died along with coquette.​
Thanks for ninja answering me haha

Members don't see this ad.

But then that also means that what i quoted from karas post is related to someone else "growing" -___-

Unofficial D6 Kill Those Boards, MJ! Lynch Tally

weim ()
Bjeh (2) - pippy, fs
Am (5) - dubz, hmoo, Caia, ny, bj
Shelter (1) - am

8/14

Lynch Ends 10pm EDT (~8 hours)

Y52ofbN.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm gonna

lynch rojo

he just feels like a big question mark to me and im lacking compelling reasons to lynch elsewhere (or to NOT lynch there). also is everyone still buying the lis/dds/nohika vouching situation (not being facetious, truly asking). i know nohika is a lurker but id still like to hear more from her

I'm going to ask again. Was anyone blocked today?

I don't know if this is really blocking per se, but this was the message I got for night results "Someone has a sly tongue. It seems you were under someone's persuasive influence last night. They tried to make you change targets but you weren’t doing much of anything anyways"

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if this is really blocking per se, but this was the message I got for night results "Someone has a sly tongue. It seems you were under someone's persuasive influence last night. They tried to make you change targets but you weren’t doing much of anything anyways"

That sounds more like a redirector.

Reactions: 1 users
I think I'm gonna

lynch rojo

he just feels like a big question mark to me and im lacking compelling reasons to lynch elsewhere (or to NOT lynch there). also is everyone still buying the lis/dds/nohika vouching situation (not being facetious, truly asking). i know nohika is a lurker but id still like to hear more from her
LIS said who they were. I don't see a reason not to believe it. They don't appear to be killing anyone.

Thanks so much for the support everyone! It's over. I think. I have no idea wtf that was. Bone Wizardry has the worst exams. I'm going to go have a few drinks, I need to chill out after that mess.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got that 2 nights ago

D6 Boards Destroyed! Lynch Tally

weim ()
Bjeh (3) - pippy, fs, ny
Am (4) - dubz, hmoo, caia, bjeh
Shelter (1) - am
rojo (1) - weim

9/14

Lynch Ends 10pm EDT (~4.5 hours)

Y52ofbN.gif

This is kinda off topic, but oh well.

I personally am still rather neutral on AM, but I think that voting for someone because their predecessor asked for a sub is kinda lazy reasoning, and I don't like that that's getting used as the excuse here. I feel like that's going to encourage people to peace out and NOT ask for subs. Finn modded pretty recently; anyone consider that maybe she wanted to find a sub because she was like, remembering what it is like to be a mod and was trying not to bum out them out?

@Animal Midwife I know you are about as big of a role reveal fan as I am, so just want to say that I think there are probably situations when it's worth being a little flexible on that front. Not necessarily meaning now, but... just sayin.

I kinda get the feeling that she may be part of her own faction.
The phrasing of the result she said she got struck me as something I've seen from unseerable roles that get notified when a seering attempt is made

This is kinda off topic, but oh well.

I personally am still rather neutral on AM, but I think that voting for someone because their predecessor asked for a sub is kinda lazy reasoning, and I don't like that that's getting used as the excuse here. I feel like that's going to encourage people to peace out and NOT ask for subs. Finn modded pretty recently; anyone consider that maybe she wanted to find a sub because she was like, remembering what it is like to be a mod and was trying not to bum out them out?
I definitely am not at all voting for her because finn asked for a sub. Pretty meh on that reasoning.
I was already thinking early yesterday that she was feeling off from the villager AM I've gotten used to, and I think lupes was onto something last night.

Ok still looking through AM stuff but I thought this was interesting. This was when WZ and hmoo were going back and forth. Also this is only really important if moo is non-wolf which I think she is.
She then unlynches hmoo right after that comment. Ok so what bothers me about this is that AM talks as though either WZ or moo are wolf. To me their exchange didn't prove one of them was a wolf at all, they actually just seemed like two villagers going at each other. AM says "I just can't connect the dots for WZ to be the wolf" and then lynches hmoo. Why does WZ innocence make moo guilty? Then moo pushes back a bit (not even a lot) and AM unlynches her. Just seemed like it is possible she was trying to lynch a villager, didn't have solid reasoning for it, and then backed off when challenged.

tl;dr - I think AM voting for moo during her argument with WZ couldn't be sketchy because she didn't have solid reasoning.

Ok so am I still the only one suspicious of FS? Just looked through their posts, not a lot to go off of. Caia you still think I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Oh yeah this post:

Thanks for reminding me, I read that post today and for some reason didn't give it much thought. Actually this moves them a little more village to me since we know that this was true with LotF and she was village. Why does this make you suspicious of FS? Kara's post doesn't say they turned evil or anything just that they're more confident.

Lynch AM

Because of process of elimination and reasons listed above.

I feel like you are grasping today, and I don't know for sure if it's because you're villager nervous or wolf nervous. But I'm detecting a note of mild panic.

I feel like you are grasping today, and I don't know for sure if it's because you're villager nervous or wolf nervous. But I'm detecting a note of mild panic.
Meh I'm just trying to work out the different options. I think part of it is also because I felt bad I was almost completely absent yesterday so I'm trying to be useful today (which I seem to be failing at).

AM would you mind saying what your affiliation is?

#lynch weim#

Not pure retaliation, more of curious they want to Lynch me knowing what I know they know (mod confirmed) that either they don't believe it or are a wolf trying to redirect to someone they know is suspected....

Reading back over yesterday since my vote today was mostly based on a little feels and a lot of lupes
AM was real quick to jump on that lupin lynch, like within a few minutes of Zen posting that she had seered lupes as supervillain, no questions asked. This despite the fact that she had just mentioned LIS's vouch for nohika and dds. Now, just as in Zen's case, if she was so concerned about factions, and the running theory was that the reason for LIS's vouch was that dds and nohika were in his faction, why did she question ny for voting for nohika, but jump on lupin so quickly? And again, why vote for a faction member who wasn't killing anyone?

It was clear the wolves intended to sway the vote over to lupin yesterday and keep Zen alive in the process. So AM's vote for shelter again makes no sense to me. Look at the timing of shelter calling Zen a liar. 6 minutes after she posted, hadn't even given enough time to test the waters to see whether Zen's post would work. It immediately made people start doubting Zen's story. I don't know how, looking at that interaction, you could read it as wolf-wolf.

why did she question ny for voting for nohika, but jump on lupin so quickly?

I questioned ny because she was absent for a while. Any one-off vote she did would have resulted in me asking. And I'm starting to feel like a record, but I didn't know blue was harmless at the time.

And again, why vote for a faction member who wasn't killing anyone?

See above.

So AM's vote for shelter again makes no sense to me. Look at the timing of shelter calling Zen a liar. 6 minutes after she posted, hadn't even given enough time to test the waters to see whether Zen's post would work. It immediately made people start doubting Zen's story. I don't know how, looking at that interaction, you could read it as wolf-wolf.

It's not the liar post, but rather her described result of being seered. And also not switching back to Zen despite not believing her right off the bat. Because if I remember correct, lots of players (besides dds) switched off and back onto Zen after deeming her story untrue.

Why would this be a lie? Zen was blocked.
This post. Still very weird. Even ignoring the initial slip of having it say lupin instead of Zen. AM claims not to be the blocker, so how would she know, 100%, that Zen was blocked? She later said this...
The blocker would stay on Zen's lynch because or speak up only if she's lying. It would be dumb to vouch and unnecessarily expose themselves.
But hell, everyone hadn't even checked in yet.

Bjeh I was leaning more towards but after yesterday, I like this more.

Bjeh is factionalized with me.

But, Bjeh was brought in and not original; so depending on game mechanics, I imagine it might be possible to recruit a wolf.

So while I can assert Deeds and Nohika not to be original wolves, I can't say the same about Bjeh.

I questioned ny because she was absent for a while. Any one-off vote she did would have resulted in me asking. And I'm starting to feel like a record, but I didn't know blue was harmless at the time.

See above.

It's not the liar post, but rather her described result of being seered. And also not switching back to Zen despite not believing her right off the bat. Because if I remember correct, lots of players (besides dds) switched off and back onto Zen after deeming her story untrue.
Did you not believe hazel then? Because, same question I posed to Zen, if you didn't believe hazel when she said supervillains weren't killing, why weren't you voting for her? And why didn't you seem to care about the fact that LIS/dds/nohika were all but claiming to be a separate faction as well? We knew even less about them than about the supervillains.

Also Rojo not voting for wolves doesn't surprise me. Look at the last game.

I get annoyed when people make a big deal out of not voting for wolves. It's one thing if someone seems to be AVOIDING voting for wolves, or moving votes to encourage villager lynches, etc.

But just plain not voting for them? Big f'in deal. We alllllll do that.

I've had games where I doubt I've voted for a single wolf the entire game. Even (or perhaps especially) as a villager.

I know, that's why I'm more wary considering she bothered to get a sub.

Ny completely disappearing with nothing at all, no subs, just not being here is different. In my opinion, anyway. (doesn't mean I'm not bothered by it in a respect for the game sort of way)

Has <anyone> clarified why Lupin made that "obviously Nyanko is not a wolf" comment to me (paraphrasing - she didn't phrase it quite that way, but it was a slap in the face type of rebuttal).

I'm still not seeing it or remembering it.

It means I dislike bandwagons and usually won't jump on them, even when it's clear they will go down.

It means I'm not on some of the wolf votes, but I'm OK with that, but more often than not a bandwagon is on a villager, and a wolf bandwagon with late jumpers usually is the type that gets analyzed and they say so and so came late, they must be a wolf trying to get credit.

I also don't have a style at this point. You read my games from 5 years ago will read and look much different than my games of 3 years ago and different from my 2 games this year. 5 years ago I was stilling in a lab doing data analysis and ww kept me (in)sane and I'd poor over little details and generally have pm's with anyone and everyone I could. I was a damn good wolf Hunter and probably a better wolf.

Contrast that to 3 years ago where I was a surgical resident and didn't play much and when I did I probably shouldn't have, couldn't read thru things as well, got fleeced by flim flam man, and essentially all but stopped.

Right now I'm on 'vacation' until August 1st having finished residency and awaiting fellowship, but I'm also now done studying for my boards and spending time with my wife. So I'm in an in between position from 5 year ago me and 3 year ago me. I'm more active, both a little strategy and a little fluff (look back to 5 year ago me, omg the fluff was strong... I was like madzoo before madzoo was a thing) and if I see something I'll say something, and I'll work whatever angles I can, but I'm not elbow deep in a spreadsheet.

Plus, after this game, it will probably be at least 2 years til I think about playing again...

If this makes me sketch or makes me not a useful villager (I disagree with sketch, not entirely disagree with the not as helpful villager bit) then you can vote to Lynch me, but my text won't be red.

I've noticed a theme where students don't account for life after school. They have this opinion - and I probably did too - that life in school is as busy as it can possibly get. They tend to go after those of us who are past school (basic training, anyway) because our play is erratic.....

.....and really, all of us who are out in practice (or in internship, or residency, or fellowship, or ....) have some pretty erratic play schedules and realize life is actually more chaotic after school than during. At least, for many of us.

That said, I get it. You have to make guesses on where to vote, and play style is a legitimate observation to make. I've just accepted that if it gets me lynched, it gets me lynched. *shrug*

This post. Still very weird. Even ignoring the initial slip of having it say lupin instead of Zen. AM claims not to be the blocker, so how would she know, 100%, that Zen was blocked? She later said this...

WZ, are you claiming to be unfamiliar with my "must be 100%" way of talking?

But hell, everyone hadn't even checked in yet.

And?