Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite received today. OOS.
cGPA: 3.36
Masters GPA: 3.76
MCAT: 506
Nontrad, parent, allied health professional

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone here (current or past dpms students) have working experience while in the program? is it doable? (even if just part time ~10/15 hrs a week) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone here (current or past dpms students) have working experience while in the program? is it doable? (even if just part time ~10/15 hrs a week) :)
I think we had at least one person who worked part-time. Although I don't know the number of hrs worked per week/or if they worked the entire program. But I would STRONGLY discourage working unless it is absolutely necessary and it is one of those library, sit at a desk, free to study, type of jobs. Otherwise, just not practical and could jeopardize your success in the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Reminder that any of you have gotten into other programs and are committing, PLEASE please please withdraw your app from Drexel!!!😅stressin out here as I know lots of people are hearing back from waitlists and such! And congrats if you have :)!

Reactions: 4 users
No news yet on when we will hear back? We are only a few weeks away from the program start date 😅

Reactions: 1 user
No news yet on when we will hear back? We are only a few weeks away from the program start date 😅
No news yet for many of us. Since the start date is so soon I encourage everyone (whether you have an interview or not) to start writing down what your next steps would be if you were to receive an acceptance. Especially for those that live out of state! Last minute plane ticket cost estimations, etc... LOL YIKES

Does anyone know the academic rigor of the summer portion? Though it’s been crickets, I’d like to know how much workload I am signing up for given the short turnaround.
I haven’t always been the best student so I’d hate to flunk out

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the academic rigor of the summer portion? Though it’s been crickets, I’d like to know how much workload I am signing up for given the short turnaround.
Well from my interview day I can say they repeatedly emphasized how rigorous and challenging the program is even starting in the summer. They stressed how it’s “not a back door to med school,” and because of that, it demands students to be focused, with the main, and preferably only priority, being DPMS right when the program begins. Some of the students did say that fall was the most challenging out of the three terms, so hopefully summer isn’t too crazy. It does give hope that last year 86% of students matriculated to DUCOM’s MD program, so it’s definitely doable but they made it known from the door it’s likely going to be a lot.

Hi! The summer portion of the program is mostly difficult because it is all very NEW. You are honestly super busy every single day and there is little to no downtime for anything. To add, most people will likely spend their free time looking for apts and getting ready to make the move to Philly. Once you start DPMS, it genuinely becomes your entire life. The summer portion is not the time where your position as a student should be at risk - it was designed to make the transition into the fall semester much smoother (and trust me it is). During that time, you are figuring out what study strategies work for you, creating study groups, friendships, building support systems, and most importantly, becoming an expert on yourself. Although it is not as "high-risk", it should be taken very serious as it will be the foundation for the rest of the year.

In general, DPMS is absolutely an extremely challenging program but 100% doable. You are given so much support from start to finish and it is up to students to really utilize all their resources.

I will respond to this in the most sincere way - absolutely not ✨

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! The summer portion of the program is mostly difficult because it is all very NEW. You are honestly super busy every single day and there is little to no downtime for anything. To add, most people will likely spend their free time looking for apts and getting ready to make the move to Philly. Once you start DPMS, it genuinely becomes your entire life. The summer portion is not the time where your position as a student should be at risk - it was designed to make the transition into the fall semester much smoother (and trust me it is). During that time, you are figuring out what study strategies work for you, creating study groups, friendships, building support systems, and most importantly, becoming an expert on yourself. Although it is not as "high-risk", it should be taken very serious as it will be the foundation for the rest of the year.

In general, DPMS is absolutely an extremely challenging program but 100% doable. You are given so much support from start to finish and it is up to students to really utilize all their resources.
Hi!
Thank you for your response, I guess I gotta cancel my vacation if I get in😭😂
Do you know what kind of classes we take ? is it actually scientific material or seminars ?

Hi!
Do you know what kind of classes we take ? is it actually scientific material or seminars ?
There’s a list of the curriculum on the program’s website page! Lots of science.

Hi!
Over the summer, you are taking previews of the Fall semester courses (along with Biostats + Medical Terminology, which are fully online). There will also be seminars & such that are not necessarily academics. It took me 2 weeks to understand the entire structure of DPMS hahaha, but everything is laid out perfectly with a pretty strict schedule.

In terms of your vacation, mhm my immediate response is definitely no vacation. I actually planned a trip specifically before the DPMS start date just in case, so I suggest you do the same if you have the flexibility (I was manifesting bc I didnt even have my acceptance yet). Our summer session last year was virtual so a lot of my experience will be very different from what this year's will be ☺️

Hi!
Now would be a great time to go on that vacation ;-) And yes, very heavy in sciences, Master's level.

anyone else feel like their interview didn’t go too well and was rushed/cold lol

anyone else feel like their interview didn’t go too well and was rushed/cold lol
Yes... 🥲
Added: also, for anyone still waiting on interviews, they told us today that we were the "second to last" interview, so my guess is that they'll be wrapping up sending II's soon. Also, they will try to get the "first batch" of decisions out within the next week or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Yes... 🥲
Added: also, for anyone still waiting on interviews, they told us today that we were the "second to last" interview, so my guess is that they'll be wrapping up sending II's soon. Also, they will try to get the "first batch" of decisions out within the next week or so.
I am waiting on an interview, feels like I have been waiting forever. I submitted on 4/27.
Low stats
3.1 and 498

• Care
For all those who interviewed, how long were your interviews?

I also see some people saying that the interview felt cold, can you elaborate?

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed on 5/9. My interview went a little over time (~35/40 minutes).

I speculate that it was probably because that was the personality of the interviewer lol. He didn’t show much emotion to answers, asked questions really quick, and I felt cut off at some points.

Do any of the current students or TAs have any idea on when we might hear back? I know being patient is key but just wondering if anyone had any inside info :)

Do any of the current students or TAs have any idea on when we might hear back? I know being patient is key but just wondering if anyone had any inside info :)
I was told that around the 31st will be a wave of acceptances, followed by around June 10th. This is pretty tentative but was said!

Last yr, the first wave of acceptances was in early June (maybe the very end of May). I was in the second wave, so I found out exactly 2 weeks before the program's start date. It could be even later if you are among those taken off the waitlist and accepted.

Last edited:
I just removed myself from the application pool and I will be attending another program. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
For those of us waiting on II, should we give up since it’s so close to the program start date ?

For those of us waiting on II, should we give up since it’s so close to the program start date ?

I don’t think there’s any more interviews going out unfortunately :( maybe call them and see?

Unfortunately according to what they said during interviews, I believe the last interview is next week. I’m assuming they would have probably sent the invite out for that date already :(

But then again, I don’t know for sure. You never know for sure because things seem to change a lot - especially with people beginning to remove themselves out of the applicant pool.

Fingers crossed for you!

For those that interviewed: are the Q&A sessions an interview also or is it just the session with the named physician?

For those that interviewed: are the Q&A sessions an interview also or is it just the session with the named physician?
There are Q&A sessions with the head of the program, and with current (+former) DPMS students. Those are just sessions where you ask all the questions you want, not an interview. There’s only one open file interview.

• Care
People who are waiting for an interview, did your portal change from under review to "Thank you for submitting your application. Please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application."

People who are waiting for an interview, did your portal change from under review to "Thank you for submitting your application. Please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application."
Mine still says the “under review”

good luck to those interviewing today :) you got this!!!!

fingers crossed for this week's decisions

Had my interview and totally understand what you mean by this. Definitely think it was a personality thing vs. a quality thing 😅. My interviewer gave me excellent information though… answered my questions thoroughly, but I didn’t feel like we were hitting it off of that makes sense.

Last edited:
Had my interview last week and totally understand what you mean by this. Definitely think it was a personality thing vs. a quality thing . My interviewer gave me excellent information though… answered my questions thoroughly, but I didn’t feel like we were hitting it off of that makes sense.

yeah that is how I felt! i was really hoping for the less formal, more conversational interview experience others had lol

• Care