Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone help with applying for the CASPER Test. Do I choose the 2022-2023 cycle? Because 2021-2022 does not have any options for available test dates for Drexel.
That's what I would do. It takes a few weeks to get results. So I'd pick a decently available date.

"CASPer test - Only DPMS applicants who are invited for an interview should provide Drexel College of Medicine with a CASPer test score. Applicants who have previously taken the test during this application cycle may have their scores sent to the College of Medicine by CASPer. Please contact CASPer directly to have the scores sent. Applicants who need to take a CASPer exam should go to www.takeCASPer.com to sign up for the Medicine test (CSP-10111 - U.S. Medicine) (please note that Drexel only takes the Medicine test)."

Members don't see this ad.

Hey you beautiful people, I was blessed to get an invite on Apr 5, but somehow I missed it completely.
I am interviewing soon, I wanted to ask people who have interviewed in the past, what were some questions asked?
How did you prepare?
I am truly in love with this program and I would love to put my best foot forth.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey you beautiful people, I was blessed to get an invite on Apr 5, but somehow I missed it completely.
I am interviewing soon, I wanted to ask people who have interviewed in the past, what were some questions asked?
How did you prepare?
I am truly in love with this program and I would love to put my best foot forth.
Hi Hello :) I Interviewed part of the first batch last month! Lmk if you have any questions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took Casper last year and did terribly coz I was falling asleep and winging it, would like to give it another shot, should I do it now or wait till I get an interview ?

I applied 4/16(my application was considered complete), received interview 4/27. I also did interview last year but received a straight rejection. I did not prepare whatsoever, was dealing with a lot at the time so this upcoming interview will definitely go better! Good luck to everyone

Got the rejection in the portal, no email :/

• Sad
Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats to everyone getting their IIs.... meanwhile DPMS hasn't even responded to my emails or follow up emails from like almost 2 weeks ago 🥲

I applied 4/16(my application was considered complete), received interview 4/27. I also did interview last year but received a straight rejection. I did not prepare whatsoever, was dealing with a lot at the time so this upcoming interview will definitely go better! Good luck to everyone
You got this!!! Good luck this year!!
When are you interviewing?

i was complete as of 4/29 and have not heard back yet (yet i know it hasn't been too long so I'm just patiently waiting). good luck to everyone here, sending hugs and support! this is almost over! <3

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied 4/29. Marked completed in portal 5/4 and just received completion email.

Y’all, I want this. Bad. 😅

Hey, y’all! I really feel like all my eggs are in one basket, trying to get into this program Does anyone have or is willing to share their plan b if things don’t go as planned? I am trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worse.
If I don't get in I'm sitting on an acceptance to touro Nevada MHS as my plan B.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, y’all! I really feel like all my eggs are in one basket, trying to get into this program Does anyone have or is willing to share their plan b if things don’t go as planned? I am trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worse.
If I don’t get in, I have an acceptance to an ACE nursing program. Become a nurse in a year then try to get into a MS & DNP program after a year or 2 of experience.

I have no plan B, either, I am riding on lucky, God and hoping for the best 🥺

Anybody who interviewed during the first round hear anything back yet?
Nope nothing yet. I’m confused because we were told people should start hearing back May 9th. I was looking at last year’s trend and the time they updated portals or sent out emails was 1030am. So I’m hoping maybe 5pm today otherwise maybe they meant a different day this week or next week.

Hey everyone! I received an invitation to interview this morning!!! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview and CASPER as well? I greatly appreciate it!!

Hey everyone! I received an invitation to interview this morning!!! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview and CASPER as well? I greatly appreciate it!!
Hi!
For CASPer I would say do the practice test, it was really helpful. But other than that there’s not really much you can do to prepare because the questions are scenario based and they ask a lot of “what would you do” so there’s not a set way to prepare for it.

I got interview today and I would say this: 1) BE YOURSELF! They truly want to get to know you. 2) know your application aka CV, personal statement, and be ready to talk about your experiences.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Good luck! ☺️

lol anyone else obsessively refreshing their email, portal, and SDN hoping for an interview

When did you complete your app? And your stats if you don’t mind me asking

I applied 4/27 and my application was marked complete on 4/29.
sGPA- 3.32 ( including classes from DIY post-bac)
Overall GPA- 3.38
MCAT - 501 ( third retake)
Congratulations on the interview🎉🎉. You got this 💪🏾!

Nothing yet for me either. I also heard that about May 9th being the day. However, from the past few years, the offers have always come towards the end of May. This year may be different because they seem to be moving faster though but who knows
Nope nothing yet. I’m confused because we were told people should start hearing back May 9th. I was looking at last year’s trend and the time they updated portals or sent out emails was 1030am. So I’m hoping maybe 5pm today otherwise maybe they meant a different day this week or next week.

Nothing yet for me either. I also heard that about May 9th being the day. However, from the past few years, the offers have always come towards the end of May. This year may be different because they seem to be moving faster though but who knows
Should we email to ask what day the first wave of acceptances go out? I was banking on May 9th because my classes for nursing program starts almost at the end of May and I’m holding out on paying for the program. I don’t know who to email to ask. Does anyone know?

Hii everyone! Just wanted to come here and say congrats to those who have finished interviews, as well as everyone else who has been invited. 🎉🥳🎈I've received several msgs regarding when decisions come out - and nothing is is really guaranteed (based on my experience last year). Although they gave us a date when we should hear back, it wasn't even close. And it seems like that's the case this year as well, so just be patient. I know you may want to send emails left & right but if they havent sent anything out yet, it's because decisions haven't been made.

I will mention this again because this is really important - just because you interviewed early doesnt mean you will find out early!! It is all very random and there is no pattern of how things are done. (I'm sure there is some shape or form on their end but not anything that anyone outside of the committee would know). There were two rounds of decisions last year and some random acceptances towards the end that came from the waitlist.

Although SDN is a great place and you can find so much strength within this community, it can become a toxic place for yourself (trust me, i was there last yr). So please take care of yourself during this time and dont assume you've been rejected if you see everyone else is hearing back and you're not. Lastly, check all folders of your email!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Should we email to ask what day the first wave of acceptances go out? I was banking on May 9th because my classes for nursing program starts almost at the end of May and I’m holding out on paying for the program. I don’t know who to email to ask. Does anyone know?
I interviewed 5/4 and they said that the first wave of decisions could come out next week (this week), but more likely the week after. They told our interview group we were in a weird spot where we might get our decisions by this wave, but I'm assuming y'all will find out by next week probably.

Firstly I want to thank everyone for there support and also being able to cheer on as well as support everyone in this thread brings me so much joy. After reflecting on what @cmcxo stated above, I realized that I have been truly obsessing and not taking care of myself as I should. With that being said, I’m officially logging off. I’m going to go enjoy my birthday month y’all. I wish the best for everyone on this journey. I truly believe we will all be great doctors in the future.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hii everyone! Just wanted to come here and say congrats to those who have finished interviews, as well as everyone else who has been invited. 🎉🥳🎈I've received several msgs regarding when decisions come out - and nothing is is really guaranteed (based on my experience last year). Although they gave us a date when we should hear back, it wasn't even close. And it seems like that's the case this year as well, so just be patient. I know you may want to send emails left & right but if they havent sent anything out yet, it's because decisions haven't been made.

I will mention this again because this is really important - just because you interviewed early doesnt mean you will find out early!! It is all very random and there is no pattern of how things are done. (I'm sure there is some shape or form on their end but not anything that anyone outside of the committee would know). There were two rounds of decisions last year and some random acceptances towards the end that came from the waitlist.

Although SDN is a great place and you can find so much strength within this community, it can become a toxic place for yourself (trust me, i was there last yr). So please take care of yourself during this time and dont assume you've been rejected if you see everyone else is hearing back and you're not. Lastly, check all folders of your email!!!!!
Thanks for sharing! Do you know how many people they actually interview? Like what are the odds of getting an acceptance for those who got an II?

Thanks for sharing! Do you know how many people they actually interview? Like what are the odds of getting an acceptance for those who got an II?
If i'm not mistaken, a little over 100 people were interviewed last year and I would say about half got in. A lot happens towards the end of the cycle as people drop acceptances and commit to other programs because they dont want to wait for DPMS or get into med school. So movement from waitlists for several people is a realistic thing.

Yes this process is very stressful! Now is the time for us to learn how to manage stress before we enter medical school. We should all know by the end of May! I doubt they would still be reviewing applications during the month of June. So give it another 2 weeks.

Well just FYI, there were some students last year that didn’t hear until June. The program starts the last week of June so some applicants may not know until a little before then because of WL and students withdrawing and whatnot. From what I understood from my interview day, they’re still reviewing applications and still interviewing so it’ll probably be a few weeks for most people to get a decision. So we all just have to wait it out and stay optimistic despite the stress!

Well just FYI, there were some students last year that didn’t hear until June. The program starts the last week of June so some applicants may not know until a little before then because of WL and students withdrawing and whatnot. From what I understood from my interview day, they’re still reviewing applications and still interviewing so it’ll probably be a few weeks for most people to get a decision. So we all just have to wait it out and stay optimistic despite the stress!
Ahh June!! 😫 Yes stay optimistic!

I can say that interviews are going on at least through the 18th (the earliest), as I am interviewing on the 16th yet was given an option for the 18th. No matter what, everyone on here is incredible and it's not a matter if this will all work out.. it's a matter of WHEN. Remember your why, and stand by it. I believe in you all and our unique paths! Let's get this!!!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
For those who have actually went through with the program I was wondering, how did you guys afford it, especially if you are out of state? isn't it like 30k if I am not mistaken?

For those who have actually went through with the program I was wondering, how did you guys afford it, especially if you are out of state? isn't it like 30k if I am not mistaken?
LOANNNSSSSS lol It's a private institution, so tuition is the same regardless of state residency.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted on 4/29 and was marked complete on 5/4. Being patient but I really wish I would hear something back ASAP 😢 anybody else complete on 5/4 and heard back?