You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ICEverythingHide
Full Member
If I don't get in I'm sitting on an acceptance to touro Nevada MHS as my plan B.Hey, y’all! I really feel like all my eggs are in one basket, trying to get into this program [emoji28] Does anyone have or is willing to share their plan b if things don’t go as planned? I am trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worse.
If I don’t get in, I have an acceptance to an ACE nursing program. Become a nurse in a year then try to get into a MS & DNP program after a year or 2 of experience.Hey, y’all! I really feel like all my eggs are in one basket, trying to get into this program [emoji28] Does anyone have or is willing to share their plan b if things don’t go as planned? I am trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no plan B, either, I am riding on lucky, God and hoping for the best 🥺Hey, y’all! I really feel like all my eggs are in one basket, trying to get into this program [emoji28] Does anyone have or is willing to share their plan b if things don’t go as planned? I am trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worse.
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
Anybody who interviewed during the first round hear anything back yet?
Nope nothing yet. I’m confused because we were told people should start hearing back May 9th. I was looking at last year’s trend and the time they updated portals or sent out emails was 1030am. So I’m hoping maybe 5pm today otherwise maybe they meant a different day this week or next week.Anybody who interviewed during the first round hear anything back yet?
ajaya00101
New Member
Hey everyone! I received an invitation to interview this morning!!! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview and CASPER as well? I greatly appreciate it!!
still no acceptances yetAnybody who interviewed during the first round hear anything back yet?
Hi!Hey everyone! I received an invitation to interview this morning!!! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview and CASPER as well? I greatly appreciate it!!
For CASPer I would say do the practice test, it was really helpful. But other than that there’s not really much you can do to prepare because the questions are scenario based and they ask a lot of “what would you do” so there’s not a set way to prepare for it.
I got interview today and I would say this: 1) BE YOURSELF! They truly want to get to know you. 2) know your application aka CV, personal statement, and be ready to talk about your experiences.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Good luck! ☺️
lol anyone else obsessively refreshing their email, portal, and SDN hoping for an interview [emoji23]
When did you complete your app? And your stats if you don’t mind me askingHey everyone! I received an invitation to interview this morning!!! Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for the interview and CASPER as well? I greatly appreciate it!!
Me 😅lol anyone else obsessively refreshing their email, portal, and SDN hoping for an interview [emoji23]
Congratulations on the interview🎉🎉. You got this 💪🏾!I applied 4/27 and my application was marked complete on 4/29.
sGPA- 3.32 ( including classes from DIY post-bac)
Overall GPA- 3.38
MCAT - 501 ( third retake)
D
deleted1108596
II!!!
II!!!
Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite as well!
PowerhouseOfTheCell1
New Member
Nothing yet for me either. I also heard that about May 9th being the day. However, from the past few years, the offers have always come towards the end of May. This year may be different because they seem to be moving faster though but who knows
Nope nothing yet. I’m confused because we were told people should start hearing back May 9th. I was looking at last year’s trend and the time they updated portals or sent out emails was 1030am. So I’m hoping maybe 5pm today otherwise maybe they meant a different day this week or next week.
Should we email to ask what day the first wave of acceptances go out? I was banking on May 9th because my classes for nursing program starts almost at the end of May and I’m holding out on paying for the program. I don’t know who to email to ask. Does anyone know?Nothing yet for me either. I also heard that about May 9th being the day. However, from the past few years, the offers have always come towards the end of May. This year may be different because they seem to be moving faster though but who knows
Hii everyone! Just wanted to come here and say congrats to those who have finished interviews, as well as everyone else who has been invited. 🎉🥳🎈I've received several msgs regarding when decisions come out - and nothing is is really guaranteed (based on my experience last year). Although they gave us a date when we should hear back, it wasn't even close. And it seems like that's the case this year as well, so just be patient. I know you may want to send emails left & right but if they havent sent anything out yet, it's because decisions haven't been made.
I will mention this again because this is really important - just because you interviewed early doesnt mean you will find out early!! It is all very random and there is no pattern of how things are done. (I'm sure there is some shape or form on their end but not anything that anyone outside of the committee would know). There were two rounds of decisions last year and some random acceptances towards the end that came from the waitlist.
Although SDN is a great place and you can find so much strength within this community, it can become a toxic place for yourself (trust me, i was there last yr). So please take care of yourself during this time and dont assume you've been rejected if you see everyone else is hearing back and you're not. Lastly, check all folders of your email!!!!!
I will mention this again because this is really important - just because you interviewed early doesnt mean you will find out early!! It is all very random and there is no pattern of how things are done. (I'm sure there is some shape or form on their end but not anything that anyone outside of the committee would know). There were two rounds of decisions last year and some random acceptances towards the end that came from the waitlist.
Although SDN is a great place and you can find so much strength within this community, it can become a toxic place for yourself (trust me, i was there last yr). So please take care of yourself during this time and dont assume you've been rejected if you see everyone else is hearing back and you're not. Lastly, check all folders of your email!!!!!
I interviewed 5/4 and they said that the first wave of decisions could come out next week (this week), but more likely the week after. They told our interview group we were in a weird spot where we might get our decisions by this wave, but I'm assuming y'all will find out by next week probably.Should we email to ask what day the first wave of acceptances go out? I was banking on May 9th because my classes for nursing program starts almost at the end of May and I’m holding out on paying for the program. I don’t know who to email to ask. Does anyone know?
Firstly I want to thank everyone for there support and also being able to cheer on as well as support everyone in this thread brings me so much joy. After reflecting on what @cmcxo stated above, I realized that I have been truly obsessing and not taking care of myself as I should. With that being said, I’m officially logging off. I’m going to go enjoy my birthday month y’all. I wish the best for everyone on this journey. I truly believe we will all be great doctors in the future.
applicant202X
Full Member
Anyone marked complete last week still waiting to hear back on an interview?
Thanks for sharing! Do you know how many people they actually interview? Like what are the odds of getting an acceptance for those who got an II?Hii everyone! Just wanted to come here and say congrats to those who have finished interviews, as well as everyone else who has been invited. 🎉🥳🎈I've received several msgs regarding when decisions come out - and nothing is is really guaranteed (based on my experience last year). Although they gave us a date when we should hear back, it wasn't even close. And it seems like that's the case this year as well, so just be patient. I know you may want to send emails left & right but if they havent sent anything out yet, it's because decisions haven't been made.
I will mention this again because this is really important - just because you interviewed early doesnt mean you will find out early!! It is all very random and there is no pattern of how things are done. (I'm sure there is some shape or form on their end but not anything that anyone outside of the committee would know). There were two rounds of decisions last year and some random acceptances towards the end that came from the waitlist.
Although SDN is a great place and you can find so much strength within this community, it can become a toxic place for yourself (trust me, i was there last yr). So please take care of yourself during this time and dont assume you've been rejected if you see everyone else is hearing back and you're not. Lastly, check all folders of your email!!!!!
If i'm not mistaken, a little over 100 people were interviewed last year and I would say about half got in. A lot happens towards the end of the cycle as people drop acceptances and commit to other programs because they dont want to wait for DPMS or get into med school. So movement from waitlists for several people is a realistic thing.Thanks for sharing! Do you know how many people they actually interview? Like what are the odds of getting an acceptance for those who got an II?
premeddie253
Full Member
Yes this process is very stressful! Now is the time for us to learn how to manage stress before we enter medical school. We should all know by the end of May! I doubt they would still be reviewing applications during the month of June. So give it another 2 weeks.
lilcheese_
Full Member
Well just FYI, there were some students last year that didn’t hear until June. The program starts the last week of June so some applicants may not know until a little before then because of WL and students withdrawing and whatnot. From what I understood from my interview day, they’re still reviewing applications and still interviewing so it’ll probably be a few weeks for most people to get a decision. So we all just have to wait it out and stay optimistic despite the stress!
premeddie253
Full Member
Ahh June!! 😫 Yes stay optimistic!Well just FYI, there were some students last year that didn’t hear until June. The program starts the last week of June so some applicants may not know until a little before then because of WL and students withdrawing and whatnot. From what I understood from my interview day, they’re still reviewing applications and still interviewing so it’ll probably be a few weeks for most people to get a decision. So we all just have to wait it out and stay optimistic despite the stress!
MojoMD
Full Member
I can say that interviews are going on at least through the 18th (the earliest), as I am interviewing on the 16th yet was given an option for the 18th. No matter what, everyone on here is incredible and it's not a matter if this will all work out.. it's a matter of WHEN. Remember your why, and stand by it. I believe in you all and our unique paths! Let's get this!!!!!!!!! 🙂
StoicPersona
New Member
For those who have actually went through with the program I was wondering, how did you guys afford it, especially if you are out of state? isn't it like 30k if I am not mistaken?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOANNNSSSSS lol It's a private institution, so tuition is the same regardless of state residency.For those who have actually went through with the program I was wondering, how did you guys afford it, especially if you are out of state? isn't it like 30k if I am not mistaken?
I believe in my interview they said June 27!So hypothetically we would start on June 25th?
premeddie253
Full Member
For those that live out of state how would housing work since June 27th is coming around so soon?I believe in my interview they said June 27!
dianapremed
New Member
they give 6 weeks of free housing!For those that live out of state how would housing work since June 27th is coming around so soon?
premeddie253
Full Member
Okay that's a relief!they give 6 weeks of free housing!
Interview invite received today. OOS.
cGPA: 3.36
Masters GPA: 3.76
MCAT: 506
Nontrad, parent, allied health professional
cGPA: 3.36
Masters GPA: 3.76
MCAT: 506
Nontrad, parent, allied health professional
Interview invite received today. OOS.
cGPA: 3.36
Masters GPA: 3.76
MCAT: 506
Nontrad, parent, allied health professional
Congrats!! When are you interviewing?
The latest date on the email was Monday, May 23. I scheduled that date so I can arrange PTO from work 😁Congrats!! When are you interviewing?
I think we had at least one person who worked part-time. Although I don't know the number of hrs worked per week/or if they worked the entire program. But I would STRONGLY discourage working unless it is absolutely necessary and it is one of those library, sit at a desk, free to study, type of jobs. Otherwise, just not practical and could jeopardize your success in the program.does anyone here (current or past dpms students) have working experience while in the program? is it doable? (even if just part time ~10/15 hrs a week) 🙂
Last edited:
ForPetesSake
Full Member
I agree. So thankful to have this wonderful group of people so we can at least commiserate with and hold each other up!The silence is deafening
D
deleted1130920
No news yet on when we will hear back? We are only a few weeks away from the program start date 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premeddie253
Full Member
No news yet for many of us. Since the start date is so soon I encourage everyone (whether you have an interview or not) to start writing down what your next steps would be if you were to receive an acceptance. Especially for those that live out of state! Last minute plane ticket cost estimations, etc... LOL YIKESNo news yet on when we will hear back? We are only a few weeks away from the program start date 😅
D
deleted1108596
That interview was surprisingly relaxed
lilcheese_
Full Member
Well from my interview day I can say they repeatedly emphasized how rigorous and challenging the program is even starting in the summer. They stressed how it’s “not a back door to med school,” and because of that, it demands students to be focused, with the main, and preferably only priority, being DPMS right when the program begins. Some of the students did say that fall was the most challenging out of the three terms, so hopefully summer isn’t too crazy. It does give hope that last year 86% of students matriculated to DUCOM’s MD program, so it’s definitely doable but they made it known from the door it’s likely going to be a lot.Does anyone know the academic rigor of the summer portion? Though it’s been crickets, I’d like to know how much workload I am signing up for given the short turnaround.
I haven’t always been the best student so I’d hate to flunk out
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 107K