You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hang in there, I'm on the same boat! There will be one more wave of decisions that will come out. No clue when that will be thoAnyone still getting As today? Anyone get any rejection letters? Wondering if it was a one day thing or if they’ll keep sending them out? I don’t know how much longer I can wait - this is driving me crazy!
naj123
New Member
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got their A.
Those who interviewed in April and haven't heard back, don't count yourself out just yet, if the ADCOMS follow suit then a-lot of people who interviewed early got their decisions back in the "second wave".
I just had a few questions, I interviewed May 9th, so l am pretty sure I need to wait a bit before I hear back.
Those who got accepted can you please tell us:
-when you were interviewed
-your stats (GPA, MCAT CASPer) only if you feel comfortable
Finally can you also tell us who sent the acceptance email, like the address or the person's name so we can search for that in our email?
Once again congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to all of us waiting!!!
Those who interviewed in April and haven't heard back, don't count yourself out just yet, if the ADCOMS follow suit then a-lot of people who interviewed early got their decisions back in the "second wave".
I just had a few questions, I interviewed May 9th, so l am pretty sure I need to wait a bit before I hear back.
Those who got accepted can you please tell us:
-when you were interviewed
-your stats (GPA, MCAT CASPer) only if you feel comfortable
Finally can you also tell us who sent the acceptance email, like the address or the person's name so we can search for that in our email?
Once again congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to all of us waiting!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyones portal look the same since you applied even if you got an interview? My portal has looked the same since i was marked complete. Nothing about my interview or anything was added on there
mine looks the same but my interview info was added the day after I chose the date and the info hasn’t been removed yet
Jacob Brown
Full Member
Important question for any current DPMS students. If accepted, how soon does the program start for the 6-week summer course? I heard it was end of June/beginning of July. Also I am assuming the entire summer portion is online because there’s no way we can be expected to move to Philadelphia in a 2-3 week period. Can you confirm if you moved to Philly before the start of the 6-week program (if werent already Philly resident) or if you moved during the summer portion/ before fall classes start. Thank you!!!
6-week summer starts June 27th. This year, the Summer portion is also in-person in Philly. So yes, you would be expected (or needed) to be in Philly by that time. Summer housing is provided 😊Important question for any current DPMS students. If accepted, how soon does the program start for the 6-week summer course? I heard it was end of June/beginning of July. Also I am assuming the entire summer portion is online because there’s no way we can be expected to move to Philadelphia in a 2-3 week period. Can you confirm if you moved to Philly before the start of the 6-week program (if werent already Philly resident) or if you moved during the summer portion/ before fall classes start. Thank you!!!
To add to the question, how big/small of a gap is there between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester? How long do you have to secure housing after the summer session? Thanks!6-week summer starts June 27th. This year, the Summer portion is also in-person in Philly. So yes, you would be expected (or needed) to be in Philly by that time. Summer housing is provided 😊
If im not mistaken, i think the gap between summer and fall is a week. So your 6wk summer is plenty of time to search and secure housing in personTo add to the question, how big/small of a gap is there between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester? How long do you have to secure housing after the summer session? Thanks!
That is something i dont know. They would be communicating that to you guys first before us, id assume. That could be a question to ask Thelicia 😊How soon were you able to move into the graduate housing? For example lets say the rest of us find out this week would you be able to move in asap or do you have to wait till a certain date to move in?
Hi! You will be expected to be settled in Philly to start the 6-week summer session regardless of when you are accepted. For perspective, the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country). Nonetheless, housing will be provided during this time which should make it easier to find an apt for the rest of the year.Important question for any current DPMS students. If accepted, how soon does the program start for the 6-week summer course? I heard it was end of June/beginning of July. Also I am assuming the entire summer portion is online because there’s no way we can be expected to move to Philadelphia in a 2-3 week period. Can you confirm if you moved to Philly before the start of the 6-week program (if werent already Philly resident) or if you moved during the summer portion/ before fall classes start. Thank you!!!
If I remember correctly, it was about 4 days (like the weekend + a day or so). But, most people were able to find housing during the summer session and were already moved in by the time the Fall semester started. A lot of resources will be provided in order to alleviate the burden of finding housing on your own, in addition to various places where most DPMSers lived/live.To add to the question, how big/small of a gap is there between the end of the summer session and the beginning of the fall semester? How long do you have to secure housing after the summer session? Thanks!
Hmmm that's a very tiny timeframe to pack up and move... now I'm thinking that the second wave may favor close-to-Philly applicants for that reason alone 🤔...the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country)...
True. It was a long weekend 🥴If I remember correctly, it was about 4 days (like the weekend + a day or so). But, most people were able to find housing during the summer session and were already moved in by the time the Fall semester started. A lot of resources will be provided in order to alleviate the burden of finding housing on your own, in addition to various places where most DPMSers lived/live.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MojoMD
Full Member
long shot, but.. any chance this second wave of decisions could come out this week? I thought the first wave would be on the 31st from what I was told (it's of course great they are ahead of schedule!!), hence why I ask now for this second wave. 🙂 hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend!
Jacob Brown
Full Member
6-week summer starts June 27th. This year, the Summer portion is also in-person in Philly. So yes, you would be expected (or needed) to be in Philly by that time. Summer housing is provided 😊
Thank you both. How close is the graduate housing to where classes are. Is it within walking distance /reasonable public transportation distance (example meaning like less than 30 min trip via bus or train). I’m assuming where we live and have to go for our classes would be relatively close.Hi! You will be expected to be settled in Philly to start the 6-week summer session regardless of when you are accepted. For perspective, the second wave of acceptances came out on June 13th last year, and the first day of the summer session was on June 28th. Unfortunately, the timeline is very tight and it is not so convenient for some people (especially if you live across the country). Nonetheless, housing will be provided during this time which should make it easier to find an apt for the rest of the year.
Just a couple mins walk!Thank you both. How close is the graduate housing to where classes are. Is it within walking distance /reasonable public transportation distance (example meaning like less than 30 min trip via bus or train). I’m assuming where we live and have to go for our classes would be relatively close.
NCB the rest of this yr. Then university city in 2023. Whenever the new medical school officially opens. Concrete dates are still up in the air.do any of the current students know where the 22-23 dpms classes will be? I am a bit confused on all of these campus names haha.
MojoMD
Full Member
thank you!!! NCB= New College Building?NCB the rest of this yr. Then university city in 2023. Whenever the new medical school officially opens. Concrete dates are still up in the air.
Yesss. NCB is in Center-City. The rest of the year will be in University-City (where the undergrad campus is).thank you!!! NCB= New College Building?
ForPetesSake
Full Member
Does anyone know if the graduate housing allows your fiancé to live with you? How about pets?
Anytime I see a notif on this thread, I have a mini heart attack lol.... but iirc from the interview info session, grad housing for summer is ONLY for DPMS students. No pets, no SO's.Does anyone know if the graduate housing allows your fiancé to live with you? How about pets?
@ForPetesSake agree with this answer. We were told in our interview that it is the student only (no others, even pets, in the room 😁)Anytime I see a notif on this thread, I have a mini heart attack lol.... but iirc from the interview info session, grad housing for summer is ONLY for DPMS students. No pets, no SO's.
ForPetesSake
Full Member
I guess today wasn't the day, friends
![]()
MojoMD
Full Member
Attachments
Lol not at all! so don't add more stress to your life hahaHmmm that's a very tiny timeframe to pack up and move... now I'm thinking that the second wave may favor close-to-Philly applicants for that reason alone 🤔
premedanxious
Full Member
another day of anxiousnesss :///
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MojoMD
Full Member
ur username be on point, my friendanother day of anxiousnesss :///
premedanxious
Full Member
LMAOO it decribes all of us in this chat whos waiting for the second wave of acceptances
everyday
i also interviewed may 4th!! I understand your struggle 🫡LMAOO it decribes all of us in this chat whos waiting for the second wave of acceptances
premedanxious
Full Member
I interviewed May 4th too! omg we might have been in the same zoom thingyeveryday
i also interviewed may 4th!! I understand your struggle 🫡i
I have a question about the housing after staying in graduate dorms for six weeks for the summer session. Are the apartments going to be furnished or would we need to factor in buying furniture when choosing an apartment?
with Philly apts in general, there are both options available depending on what realty company/landlord you choose
ForPetesSake
Full Member
Any current students/Philly locals have any recommendations on good apartment management companies (or bad ones to stay away from!)?
Omg heyyyy!! Probably!I interviewed May 4th too! omg we might have been in the same zoom thingy
D
deleted1108596
That squirrel is just living life. Stress free. Must be nice 🙂
MagicpreMD
Full Member
Does anyone know whether students would be taking classes in Center City or University City? Also, have any accepted students started connecting?
Does anyone know whether students would be taking classes in Center City or University City? Also, have any accepted students started connecting?
I believe center city at first then ucity
The summer portion of the program will be in Center City. The rest of the year, fall & spring semesters, will be in University City.Does anyone know whether students would be taking classes in Center City or University City? Also, have any accepted students started connecting?
Hi everyone!
For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jordan Barnhill and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and give a couple quick announcements.
I'm currently a rising M2 at DUCOM and I am a graduate of DPMS Class of 2021 and was a teaching assistant for this class of 2022. This year, for the incoming class, I will be one of your co-lead teaching assistants that will pretty much always be with you throughout the school year, especially through the summer, to help you get through the program. There will be 10 teaching assistants total, lots of faculty and lots of resources. You will have a lot of opportunity to interact with us all very soon!
As acceptance letters are beginning to roll out and you start to become acquainted with your new classmates, I just want to let you all know to please hold off on creating class groupchats and Facebook groups -- we already have them made! Administration prefers to let those be TA ran (we're all very cool, I promiseeee), at least until you're settled into the program, to try and prevent any miscommunications and keep everyone as "together" as we possibly can. Once we have the official list of accepted students, you will all be added to the groups as they're very integral to the summer program!
I know this time is very stressful and anxiety-inducing, but please keep optimistic and don't let yourself lose sleep!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on SDN! Good luck!
For those of you that don't know me, my name is Jordan Barnhill and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and give a couple quick announcements.
I'm currently a rising M2 at DUCOM and I am a graduate of DPMS Class of 2021 and was a teaching assistant for this class of 2022. This year, for the incoming class, I will be one of your co-lead teaching assistants that will pretty much always be with you throughout the school year, especially through the summer, to help you get through the program. There will be 10 teaching assistants total, lots of faculty and lots of resources. You will have a lot of opportunity to interact with us all very soon!
As acceptance letters are beginning to roll out and you start to become acquainted with your new classmates, I just want to let you all know to please hold off on creating class groupchats and Facebook groups -- we already have them made! Administration prefers to let those be TA ran (we're all very cool, I promiseeee), at least until you're settled into the program, to try and prevent any miscommunications and keep everyone as "together" as we possibly can. Once we have the official list of accepted students, you will all be added to the groups as they're very integral to the summer program!
I know this time is very stressful and anxiety-inducing, but please keep optimistic and don't let yourself lose sleep!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on SDN! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, late night thought- are you comfortable sharing the day you interviewed? I want to gauge how many people they interviewed this year and what our chances are, since there are 55 seats as per the FAQ. My interview was on 5/18 and there were 18 people in my group iirc.
We anticipate the incoming class to have 70 seats this year 🙂Hey guys, late night thought- are you comfortable sharing the day you interviewed? I want to gauge how many people they interviewed this year and what our chances are, since there are 55 seats as per the FAQ. My interview was on 5/18 and there were 18 people in my group iirc.
We anticipate the incoming class to have 70 seats this year [emoji846]
would you happen to have any insight about when the next wave would be?
ForPetesSake
Full Member
Do you happen to know how many interviews there were? Thank you so much for being a connection for us!We anticipate the incoming class to have 70 seats this year 🙂
D
deleted1108596
Second this. It would be wonderful to know how many interviewed and I'm so excited that there are that many seats!Do you happen to know how many interviews there were? Thank you so much for being a connection for us!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 102K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K