Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My letters of rec are still marked as awaiting do y'all think that's the end of my app for me?
When I called I was told that as long as everything is submitted before the 29th it will not impact your application. So if your LORs were sent before the 29th you are okay. The office is still sorting through emails and updating apps.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else interviewing on Wednesday? I haven't gotten the Zoom link yet and was wondering if anyone else has?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else interviewing on Wednesday? I haven't gotten the Zoom link yet and was wondering if anyone else has?
same! in the email from kareem it says "you will receive an email with your interview schedule and zoom link prior to the interview day." so we will probably receive it tomorrow!

same! in the email from kareem it says "you will receive an email with your interview schedule and zoom link prior to the interview day." so we will probably receive it tomorrow!
Cool!! Good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck in your interview! Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: 5 users
Time is moving by so slow o_O anyone heard back with anything this week other than the confirmation email?

Got an interview invite on last Wednesday. But withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!

Got an interview invite on last Wednesday. But withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!
thank you! May I ask the reason for deciding to not attend this program?

People who submitted on 4/27-4/29, has anyone heard anything 😂?
I know it’s probably too soon but my eggs are literally in this one basket 🧺😭

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard back and I'm also a recent submitter. I am assuming that we will hear back pretty soon though, since the summer portion begins in like 1.5 months

4/29 and just waiting for LORs to be marked as accepted.

I haven't heard back and I'm also a recent submitter. I am assuming that we will hear back pretty soon though, since the summer portion begins in like 1.5 months
Such a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲

Such a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲
The turnaround is super fast! Fortunately for the upcoming class, you guys will be provided housing during the summer. It helps tremendously if you are already in the city and can see apartments in person. Nonetheless, the time to look for housing/figure out roommates will come and DPMS provides many many resources to ease the process. Nonetheless, I completely get it - It was a very stressful process for everyone last year to move to Philly, but I promise you it all works out :)

Hi everyone <3 I'm going to leave some notes regarding some questions/concerns I've been frequently asked over the past couple of weeks :
  • DPMS Interviews are 1:1, just you and an interviewer who has already viewed & studied your file

• The interview day is relatively long because you are being introduced to the program (as well as the college of medicine) by the admin. everyone has to interview during their designated slots, and you have a student panel with current DPMS students/DPMS Alum

• They will NOT super score your MCAT scores.

• Interview lengths vary for everyone! (Mine was about 25 minutes last year, but some of my friends interviewed for close to an hour!)

• There is no pattern of when you will hear back with an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist. It's literally super random. (Annoying, I'm sorry).

• What kinds of questions are asked during the interview = questions that pertain to you, your story, your goals!

• You don't get a grade for your CASPer test - it is sent straight to the medical school. This portion of the application was just recently added, so my class was the first one to do this for DPMS. I personally don't think that test can make or break anyone's application. I think it's just another component that can give adcoms a chance to know who you are.

• You receive the interview day schedule the day before, and it will have your interviewer's name on there.

• It is perfectly okay to be nervous for this interview ~ this is a big deal and essentially a medical school interview! Like we've all said 100x on this thread - be yourself! :) they've already seen what you have to offer on your resume/PS/LORs etc., so just be human now!

• Although this is your interview, you are also interviewing them. The purpose of an interview is to make sure you are a fit for the program, but that the program is also a fit for you!

• For those who are waiting to hear back (interviews or decisions) - I know the waiting game is so rough but just trust the process & hang in there. Keep yourself busy.

• Lastly - make sure you are checking all folders of your emails!! My acceptance email was sitting pretty right on my spam folder :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
The turnaround is super fast! Fortunately for the upcoming class, you guys will be provided housing during the summer. It helps tremendously if you are already in the city and can see apartments in person. Nonetheless, the time to look for housing/figure out roommates will come and DPMS provides many many resources to ease the process. Nonetheless, I completely get it - It was a very stressful process for everyone last year to move to Philly, but I promise you it all works out :)
Do you know if pets are allowed in that housing? Would we have roommates?

I’m so sorry to hear that. Did they send you an email. Best of luck with your future endeavors
They sent me an email saying to check the portal for a decision. I appreciate the wishes. Best of luck to you too!

Thank you! You’re going to be successful in your journey ❤️

Did you apply to other programs within Drexel that could maybe help?
No I did not, and sadly, they didn't send me another email recommending me to their other programs either. But fortunately, I have been accepted to a few other SMP's with guaranteed interviews to their medical programs. What matters is that I'm well on my way to becoming a doctor soon. I'm happy and very proud to have gotten this far.

Thank you, good luck again and wishing the best for you too!!

• Love
No I did not, and sadly, they didn't send me another email recommending me to their other programs either. But fortunately, I have been accepted to a few other SMP's with guaranteed interviews to their medical programs. What matters is that I'm well on my way to becoming a doctor soon. I'm happy and very proud to have gotten this far.

your positive attitude is inspiring & is going to take you so far in life. congrats on your other acceptances!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users

Very very proud of you! I’m also a nontrad and to make it this far shows your commitment to medicine and that alone is an ingredient for success.

Thank you so much! ❤️

• Care
Submitted 4/29 and marked complete today. Haven’t gotten an email to say that, but it seems like the portal updates hours before you can email.

I’m gonna be honest, my stats are super low, but I’m hopeful. As I said, nontrad, but I explained my story to the best of my abilities in my essays. I have 8000+ clinical hours involving direct patient care and volunteered a lot in my undergrad years. Couldn’t afford to post grad, but I’m hoping for all you and myself. ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
We are all going to reach our goals no matter what. Even if it takes us another 10 years we will all reach the same end point. I’m really happy I found a group of strangers that are going through the exact same thing with me on here as I don’t have anyone in my immediate life that would understand. You have all been so gracious and patient during this very stressful time in your lives, and I hope we all get rewarded for it.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Also checked the portal for my second application and I got rejected from the biomedical studies program :/

• Care
Also checked the portal for my second application and I got rejected from the biomedical studies program :/
You’re still a candidate for DPMS! You got this!!

Idk any of you, but you’re all so kind and deserve this career path!

I’m thinking about applying to MBS, but my non-science LOR is specific to DPMS.

just received an interview invite today! surprised how quickly they got back to me because I was complete only 4/28

correction: I checked my email and I received the completion confirmation on the 28th not the 27th so it was surprisingly only a week later!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
just received an interview invite today! surprised how quickly they got back to me because I was complete only 4/27

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats ?

Oh man, sorry :( but I'm happy to hear you have other opportunities lined up! Could you share your complete date?
No worries, I appreciate that.

Sure, it's a mess honestly. I thought I was complete 03/25, since I got the confirmation email and everything was checked off in the portal. My app was under review from then on. But it turned out they didn't have my MCAT score according to another email I got days before the deadline. I immediately went on aamc to send it over and was essentially "complete" 04/28. Thankfully, I still made it. I hope nobody else ran into a similar problem.

If you're waiting to hear back, there's still a chance. Hang in there!

Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats ?
Thanks! I’m definitely a low MCAT/high GPA applicant, with a 3.73 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA, sub 500 MCAT x2, 1500+ clinical hours as a med scribe for MDs, a little research but 3 bio internships. URM and OOS but strong Philly ties, and live near the surrounding area

Last edited:
EEEEK!! I'm so excited!! I just received an interview invite and I submitted 4/29!!! I am over the moon!!!!

My stats for those who are curious:

cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500

Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity!

• Love
EEEEK!! I'm so excited!! I just received an interview invite and I submitted 4/29!!! I am over the moon!!!!

Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.

With those stats, I would buckle down on the MCAT and apply literally anywhere I wanted to go after breaking 510. Haha

With those stats, I would buckle down on the MCAT and apply literally anywhere I wanted to go after breaking 510. Haha
standardized tests and i do not mix unfortunately... the 500 was after my second earnest attempt at the MCAT after MONTHS of studying 😥. hopefully test taking is something i can improve upon in the future 😅

• Love
Can someone help with applying for the CASPER Test. Do I choose the 2022-2023 cycle? Because 2021-2022 does not have any options for available test dates for Drexel.

standardized tests and i do not mix unfortunately... the 500 was after my second earnest attempt at the MCAT after MONTHS of studying 😥. hopefully test taking is something i can improve upon in the future 😅
You got this for sure!! Test taking anxiety is the worst.