You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you submit ?Got an interview invite on last Wednesday. But withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!
03/18When did you submit ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard back and I'm also a recent submitter. I am assuming that we will hear back pretty soon though, since the summer portion begins in like 1.5 monthsPeople who submitted on 4/27-4/29, has anyone heard anything 😂?
I know it’s probably too soon but my eggs are literally in this one basket 🧺😭
applicant202X
Full Member
4/29 and just waiting for LORs to be marked as accepted.People who submitted on 4/27-4/29, has anyone heard anything 😂?
I know it’s probably too soon but my eggs are literally in this one basket 🧺😭
Such a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲I haven't heard back and I'm also a recent submitter. I am assuming that we will hear back pretty soon though, since the summer portion begins in like 1.5 months
I have a trusty car and a trusty bucket 😏Such a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲
ICEverythingHide
Full Member
I interviewed about a week ago and they said the first six weeks are rent-free. This gives time for you to find a placeSuch a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲
The turnaround is super fast! Fortunately for the upcoming class, you guys will be provided housing during the summer. It helps tremendously if you are already in the city and can see apartments in person. Nonetheless, the time to look for housing/figure out roommates will come and DPMS provides many many resources to ease the process. Nonetheless, I completely get it - It was a very stressful process for everyone last year to move to Philly, but I promise you it all works out 🙂Such a short turn around time. How do people find apartments 🥲
Hi everyone <3 I'm going to leave some notes regarding some questions/concerns I've been frequently asked over the past couple of weeks :
- DPMS Interviews are 1:1, just you and an interviewer who has already viewed & studied your file
- The interview day is relatively long because you are being introduced to the program (as well as the college of medicine) by the admin. everyone has to interview during their designated slots, and you have a student panel with current DPMS students/DPMS Alum
- They will NOT super score your MCAT scores.
- Interview lengths vary for everyone! (Mine was about 25 minutes last year, but some of my friends interviewed for close to an hour!)
- There is no pattern of when you will hear back with an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist. It's literally super random. (Annoying, I'm sorry).
- What kinds of questions are asked during the interview = questions that pertain to you, your story, your goals!
- You don't get a grade for your CASPer test - it is sent straight to the medical school. This portion of the application was just recently added, so my class was the first one to do this for DPMS. I personally don't think that test can make or break anyone's application. I think it's just another component that can give adcoms a chance to know who you are.
- You receive the interview day schedule the day before, and it will have your interviewer's name on there.
- It is perfectly okay to be nervous for this interview ~ this is a big deal and essentially a medical school interview! Like we've all said 100x on this thread - be yourself! 🙂 they've already seen what you have to offer on your resume/PS/LORs etc., so just be human now!
- Although this is your interview, you are also interviewing them. The purpose of an interview is to make sure you are a fit for the program, but that the program is also a fit for you!
- For those who are waiting to hear back (interviews or decisions) - I know the waiting game is so rough but just trust the process & hang in there. Keep yourself busy.
- Lastly - make sure you are checking all folders of your emails!! My acceptance email was sitting pretty right on my spam folder
Last edited:
starlighttt
New Member
Do you know if pets are allowed in that housing? Would we have roommates?The turnaround is super fast! Fortunately for the upcoming class, you guys will be provided housing during the summer. It helps tremendously if you are already in the city and can see apartments in person. Nonetheless, the time to look for housing/figure out roommates will come and DPMS provides many many resources to ease the process. Nonetheless, I completely get it - It was a very stressful process for everyone last year to move to Philly, but I promise you it all works out 🙂
Destiny Gordon
Full Member
I’m so sorry to hear that. Did they send you an email. Best of luck with your future endeavorsGot the R. Good luck everyone!
applicant202X
Full Member
Thank you! You’re going to be successful in your journey ❤️Got the R. Good luck everyone!
Did you apply to other programs within Drexel that could maybe help?
ICEverythingHide
Full Member
Did you interview?Got the R. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent me an email saying to check the portal for a decision. I appreciate the wishes. Best of luck to you too!I’m so sorry to hear that. Did they send you an email. Best of luck with your future endeavors
No I did not, and sadly, they didn't send me another email recommending me to their other programs either. But fortunately, I have been accepted to a few other SMP's with guaranteed interviews to their medical programs. What matters is that I'm well on my way to becoming a doctor soon. I'm happy and very proud to have gotten this far.Thank you! You’re going to be successful in your journey ❤️
Did you apply to other programs within Drexel that could maybe help?
Thank you, good luck again and wishing the best for you too!!
No interview :\Did you interview?
insouciant12
Full Member
your positive attitude is inspiring & is going to take you so far in life. congrats on your other acceptances!!No I did not, and sadly, they didn't send me another email recommending me to their other programs either. But fortunately, I have been accepted to a few other SMP's with guaranteed interviews to their medical programs. What matters is that I'm well on my way to becoming a doctor soon. I'm happy and very proud to have gotten this far.
Thank you, good luck again and wishing the best for you too!!
Oh man, sorry 🙁 but I'm happy to hear you have other opportunities lined up! Could you share your complete date?Got the R. Good luck everyone!
applicant202X
Full Member
Very very proud of you! I’m also a nontrad and to make it this far shows your commitment to medicine and that alone is an ingredient for success.No I did not, and sadly, they didn't send me another email recommending me to their other programs either. But fortunately, I have been accepted to a few other SMP's with guaranteed interviews to their medical programs. What matters is that I'm well on my way to becoming a doctor soon. I'm happy and very proud to have gotten this far.
Thank you, good luck again and wishing the best for you too!!
Thank you so much! ❤️
applicant202X
Full Member
Submitted 4/29 and marked complete today. Haven’t gotten an email to say that, but it seems like the portal updates hours before you can email.
I’m gonna be honest, my stats are super low, but I’m hopeful. As I said, nontrad, but I explained my story to the best of my abilities in my essays. I have 8000+ clinical hours involving direct patient care and volunteered a lot in my undergrad years. Couldn’t afford to post grad, but I’m hoping for all you and myself. ❤️
I’m gonna be honest, my stats are super low, but I’m hopeful. As I said, nontrad, but I explained my story to the best of my abilities in my essays. I have 8000+ clinical hours involving direct patient care and volunteered a lot in my undergrad years. Couldn’t afford to post grad, but I’m hoping for all you and myself. ❤️
applicant202X
Full Member
You’re still a candidate for DPMS! You got this!!Also checked the portal for my second application and I got rejected from the biomedical studies program :/
Idk any of you, but you’re all so kind and deserve this career path!
applicant202X
Full Member
I’m thinking about applying to MBS, but my non-science LOR is specific to DPMS.
lilcheese_
Full Member
just received an interview invite today! surprised how quickly they got back to me because I was complete only 4/28
correction: I checked my email and I received the completion confirmation on the 28th not the 27th so it was surprisingly only a week later!
correction: I checked my email and I received the completion confirmation on the 28th not the 27th so it was surprisingly only a week later!
Last edited:
ajaya00101
New Member
just received an interview invite today! surprised how quickly they got back to me because I was complete only 4/27
Congratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats ?
No worries, I appreciate that.Oh man, sorry 🙁 but I'm happy to hear you have other opportunities lined up! Could you share your complete date?
Sure, it's a mess honestly. I thought I was complete 03/25, since I got the confirmation email and everything was checked off in the portal. My app was under review from then on. But it turned out they didn't have my MCAT score according to another email I got days before the deadline. I immediately went on aamc to send it over and was essentially "complete" 04/28. Thankfully, I still made it. I hope nobody else ran into a similar problem.
If you're waiting to hear back, there's still a chance. Hang in there!
lilcheese_
Full Member
Thanks! I’m definitely a low MCAT/high GPA applicant, with a 3.73 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA, sub 500 MCAT x2, 1500+ clinical hours as a med scribe for MDs, a little research but 3 bio internships. URM and OOS but strong Philly ties, and live near the surrounding areaCongratulations!! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats ?
Last edited:
premeddie253
Full Member
Sorry to hear that! More doors will open very soon for you!Got the R. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! When are you interviewing?just received an interview invite today! surprised how quickly they got back to me because I was complete only 4/27
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EEEEK!! I'm so excited!! I just received an interview invite and I submitted 4/29!!! I am over the moon!!!!
My stats for those who are curious:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.
I'm so grateful for this opportunity!
My stats for those who are curious:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.
I'm so grateful for this opportunity!
EEEEK!! I'm so excited!! I just received an interview invite and I submitted 4/29!!! I am over the moon!!!!
My stats for those who are curious:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.
I'm so grateful for this opportunity!
applicant202X
Full Member
With those stats, I would buckle down on the MCAT and apply literally anywhere I wanted to go after breaking 510. HahaEEEEK!! I'm so excited!! I just received an interview invite and I submitted 4/29!!! I am over the moon!!!!
My stats for those who are curious:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
Little to no research, LOTS of volunteer hours in the community, lots of shadowing/clinical experience, URM and OOS with no ties to Philadelphia at all.
I'm so grateful for this opportunity!
thankyousomuch!!!CONGRATULATIONS 🎊🎈🍾
standardized tests and i do not mix unfortunately... the 500 was after my second earnest attempt at the MCAT after MONTHS of studying 😥. hopefully test taking is something i can improve upon in the future 😅With those stats, I would buckle down on the MCAT and apply literally anywhere I wanted to go after breaking 510. Haha
applicant202X
Full Member
You got this for sure!! Test taking anxiety is the worst.standardized tests and i do not mix unfortunately... the 500 was after my second earnest attempt at the MCAT after MONTHS of studying 😥. hopefully test taking is something i can improve upon in the future 😅
starlighttt
New Member
That's what I would do. It takes a few weeks to get results. So I'd pick a decently available date.Can someone help with applying for the CASPER Test. Do I choose the 2022-2023 cycle? Because 2021-2022 does not have any options for available test dates for Drexel.
"CASPer test - Only DPMS applicants who are invited for an interview should provide Drexel College of Medicine with a CASPer test score. Applicants who have previously taken the test during this application cycle may have their scores sent to the College of Medicine by CASPer. Please contact CASPer directly to have the scores sent. Applicants who need to take a CASPer exam should go to www.takeCASPer.com to sign up for the Medicine test (CSP-10111 - U.S. Medicine) (please note that Drexel only takes the Medicine test)."
naj123
New Member
Hey you beautiful people, I was blessed to get an invite on Apr 5, but somehow I missed it completely.
I am interviewing soon, I wanted to ask people who have interviewed in the past, what were some questions asked?
How did you prepare?
I am truly in love with this program and I would love to put my best foot forth.
I am interviewing soon, I wanted to ask people who have interviewed in the past, what were some questions asked?
How did you prepare?
I am truly in love with this program and I would love to put my best foot forth.
Hi Hello 🙂 I Interviewed part of the first batch last month! Lmk if you have any questionsHey you beautiful people, I was blessed to get an invite on Apr 5, but somehow I missed it completely.
I am interviewing soon, I wanted to ask people who have interviewed in the past, what were some questions asked?
How did you prepare?
I am truly in love with this program and I would love to put my best foot forth.
Hi, was anyone complete back in February and hasn’t heard anything yet?
I applied 4/16(my application was considered complete), received interview 4/27. I also did interview last year but received a straight rejection. I did not prepare whatsoever, was dealing with a lot at the time so this upcoming interview will definitely go better! Good luck to everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You got this!!! Good luck this year!!I applied 4/16(my application was considered complete), received interview 4/27. I also did interview last year but received a straight rejection. I did not prepare whatsoever, was dealing with a lot at the time so this upcoming interview will definitely go better! Good luck to everyone
When are you interviewing?
thank you! this Monday 😱You got this!!! Good luck this year!!
When are you interviewing?
Mine too!thank you! this Monday 😱
We got this!!!
lilcheese_
Full Member
I picked next week!! so soon but I’m preparing this weekend 🙂 hoping it goes well!Congrats!! When are you interviewing?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K