The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gotta go read those BBC posts

BYOB living up to the name

You're making my dreams reality

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I could never do more than 1 at a time. Would feel too sick to keep drinking. But for casual drinks they are tasty!

Never had rumchata. Never actually heard of it.
Rumchata and maple whiskey! French toast yumminess :hungry:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've never been drunk. I'm a light (enough) weight that when I drink one hard root beer my face gets red and hot so I stop drinking.

Trilt has reminded me we have ghiradelli hot chocolate and baileys here. I am sure I can knock out the last 2.5 pages of the 5 page research paper with some baileys in me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I found a great recipe for hot chocolate. Which means I really need to get my peppermint vodka from the store while it's still available

Members don't see this ad :)
drunk me doesn't do stupid things, luckily. I just tell everyone how amazing they are, play with dogs, and lie down a lot

I want to hang out with drunk cdo. But not in public because then I'd probably have to pick you off some park bench

Reactions: 2 users
ImageUploadedBySDN1480832262.307372.jpg
this is a very sad day. Just finished off the last of my happy tequila bottle. :(

:(
Tequila is glorious. I don't let myself drink it anymore.
Sorry about your tequila :( Clearly you need to go buy more!
I live in Oklahoma BBC haha that means I can't go after like 9 pm on any given days (stupid OK liquor laws). Don't worry, I'll stock up between now and next semester.

Also, yes. Tequila is glorious. It's like a warm hug from your best friend mixed with cuddling your dog.

I live in Oklahoma BBC haha that means I can't go after like 9 pm on any given days (stupid OK liquor laws). Don't worry, I'll stock up between now and next semester.
Jeez your liquor laws are even stricter than ours.
I always forget it changes state by state. All the states I have been to have sold liquor in the convenience stores.
They just started to relax the liquor laws in BC, so technically you can buy beer/wine in grocery stores now (but not one in my area does it)

Just finished off the last of my happy tequila bottle. :(

Some choose to look at the bottle as empty. You should choose to look at the fact you'll be getting a new one

Also, yes. Tequila is glorious. It's like a warm hug from your best friend mixed with cuddling your dog.

The better solution: always keep your house fully stocked with alcohol. It's sad, my house is always stocked enough to throw a 50 person house party and never have the house run dry on alcohol. But I never drink anymore because of PhD, BI gets drunk in like 1 glass of wine, my other two roommates lost their tolerance as well. So the alcohol just ends up mostly sitting there.

Reactions: 2 users
The better solution: always keep your house fully stocked with alcohol. It's sad, my house is always stocked enough to throw a 50 person house party and never have the house run dry on alcohol. But I never drink anymore because of PhD, BI gets drunk in like 1 glass of wine, my other two roommates lost their tolerance as well. So the alcohol just ends up mostly sitting there.

I used to do that but my mom would always drink all my booze, since I don't drink hard bar all that often. Last thing I bought was a bottle of Ciroq (~$50) and between my mom and the old bf I had about 1 sip from it

Donate to your nearest college, let your spirits roam free

Sounds like you're inviting me to come to your house and drink!

Reactions: 6 users
Jeez your liquor laws are even stricter than ours.
I always forget it changes state by state. All the states I have been to have sold liquor in the convenience stores.
They just started to relax the liquor laws in BC, so technically you can buy beer/wine in grocery stores now (but not one in my area does it)
In the November elections we voted to 'loosen' the liquor laws to allow higher than 3.2% beer sold, allow non- liquor stores (gas stations and Walmart etc) to sell wine and liquor. But these won't go in effect until December of 2018. :( dang you oklahoma.

Some choose to look at the bottle as empty. You should choose to look at the fact you'll be getting a new one
What an excellent way of thinking BYOB!

Ahh see the problem is that we had a large party a couple weeks ago and depleted the stash. I just haven't had a chance to go get more.

Sounds like you're inviting me to come to your house and drink!
Other than January when BI's little sister will be staying here, SDNers and interviewees are always welcome at my place. It's definitely big enough lol. And you get the benefits of being right on the lake. And please get some of the alcohol out of here lol

Reactions: 3 users
Alcohol is so expensive :arghh:

I love O'Mara's (is that what it's called? The Irish stuff) in coffee. Yum yum yum.

One of the things I just bought was hard root beer. Probably one of the best things I have ever tasted. Crazy Uncle brand. It tastes like a float even though there is no cream in it.

Try mixing irish whiskey, Bailey's, butterscotch schnapps, some milk or cream, and then top off the rest with regular root beer. Surprisingly good.

My house is the same, I'm pretty sure I have enough booze here to kill everyone at a 50 person house party and never run dry. I haven't been drinking as much lately because of grad school so this is the first time I've touched any of it in a while.

DAMMIT it's Sunday. No alcohol sales on Sunday. Damn you Indiana

Of course. Especially if we go camping like I suggested. As long as you promise to not let me go for a swim in the ocean.

Oh my gosh yes. And you need to make sure I don't fall asleep on the ground and wake up covered with bug bites, because I can see that happening and being very unfortunate.