The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone die today?

Also did we not have a seer or did I just miss it among the deaths...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure what happened to BBC (different time zone or something, right?). LIS and Cray aren't much for afternoon play given the hours they keep, I'm sure they'll be on closer to lynch...

I'm just over here ruminating and oscillating wildly between who I think lunch should go toward...

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Allie seemed like the seer, right? Or is what her ability was a different role?

Members don't see this ad :)
Double checked, no seer on our side. What do you think the chances are in a game this size that there would be 3 vanillagers?

1. LetItSnow - allegedly vanilla
2. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo - little princess
3. SnowshoeDog143 - could he converted
4. rabbott1971 - chaos
5. PrincessButterCup - shining knight
6. Kam325 - double votes
7. DVMDream - extra kill
8. SkiOtter -innocent child
9. Ceke2002 - gifs
10. Crayola227 - allegedly vanilla
11. finnickthedog - village converter
12. SummerTheLynx - resurrection
13. genny - jailer
14. WildZoo - night cancel
15. Cyndia - redirect
16. Jilary - vigilante
17. allieh8607 - seer
18. raf2769 - protector
19. Animal Midwife - post restrctions
20. tartesos - vanila
21. LadyOtheFarm - could take somebidy down with her
20. britzen - temporary pm groups
23. PippyPony - mod questions
24. mmmdreamerz - thief

I see trilt managed not to have more than one blocking role in this one ;) Hard to say, a game with no village seer and 3 vanillagers seems a little odd to me, but I'm no mod mind reader. Vanilla wolves are also a thing though, wouldn't be surprised to see one of those.

I think I might lynch LIS today. Weird to say, but I was having a similar thought to Cray's thought that he kept on the ceke train all game so there wouldn't be much for us to analyze after he went down. I don't recall him coming out strong against anyone else really, just agreeing with others' reads or jumping on more popular lynches most of the time.

I'm around but I'm at a course this weekend. Hence why I haven't been around since Friday night.

I'm feeling LIS still, though I admit I never got around to looking back through posts or analysis. If Dubz is a wolf she's done a good job and I will say she deserves the win (but I'll be mad I didn't follow up on D1 suspicions).

Ski was confirmed village, and is village unless there was a conversion we don't know about.

Still not really having wolfy feels on Cray.

Britz can't read but feel like a noob wolf would have imploded by now lol.

I sincerely hope that mods confirming on thread that I should be dead is enough for you Britz/Cray. Lol.

Lynch LIS

D9 Sittin Around Staring at Each Other Official Lynch Tally

LIS (2) - Crayola, BBC

2/5 Voting Lynch closed in 3.5 hours @2200 EST
giphy.gif

Somehow I still haven't died today

@SummerTheLynx is walking dejectedly along the sidewalk after being kicked out of the bar. He loses his balance and suddenly falls into the street. A truck rolls over him and smashes the bottle.

12. @SummerTheLynx - Angel's Envy Whiskey

Reactions: 6 users
@SummerTheLynx is walking dejectedly along the sidewalk after being kicked out of the bar. He loses his balance and suddenly falls into the street. A truck rolls over him and smashes the bottle.

12. @SummerTheLynx - Angel's Envy Whiskey
I thought the bottle was also nuked from orbit? Did he regenerate and regrow his bottle-form???
I demand a re-kill

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the bottle was also nuked from orbit? Did he regenerate and regrow his bottle-form???
I demand a re-kill
Its STL, I wouldn't put it past him to be able to pull together his atoms that were scattered across the cosmos.

Reactions: 3 users
I fibbed slightly about being vanillager. I have/had no role ability but on N2 (or thereabouts) I was given the chance to make one item. I went through a bunch of choices that got rejected.

Eventually I made a box of Franzia that functions as my double and prevents one night kill.

Been hoping the wolves would attack me.

Won't be happening now, I suppose.

***lynch britzen***

My next choice would be Crayola.

Somehow I still haven't died today
Yet
I fibbed slightly about being vanillager. I have/had no role ability but on N2 (or thereabouts) I was given the chance to make one item. I went through a bunch of choices that got rejected.

Eventually I made a box of Franzia that functions as my double and prevents one night kill.

Been hoping the wolves would attack me.

Won't be happening now, I suppose.

***lynch britzen***

My next choice would be Crayola.
Random chance to make an item? Where'd that come from?

I know you mentioned it earlier on but haven't seen it come up from anyone else.

Yet

Random chance to make an item? Where'd that come from?

I know you mentioned it earlier on but haven't seen it come up from anyone else.

Dunno where it came from.

I think my role hinted at it: LetItSnow - You are Franzia Boxed "Wine" - SLAPPA DA BAG! As the easy access, affordable, barely-call-it-a-wine wine, you are the go to for many a girls' night out! From college freshmen pre-gaming a frat party to mothers just trying to get through the day, you are a staple for wannabe winos everywhere. For now your only job is to be a crowd pleaser, but I'm sure you'll get your chance to shine soon.

Then later (it was the same night I had the quarters, whenever that was):

Cheezy: "WOOOO its party time! Franzia, this is your time to shine! These ladies cannot get enough of you so we're giving you the ability to create 1 item and its effects. You may choose to keep this item and use it the following day, or give it to someone else."

LIS: "1) Give the item to STL. I won't go so far as to say he's "smarter" than me .... but for this sort of thing he's smarter than me.

2) Quarters: Do you really mean between 1 and 4, or do you mean 1-4? My odds change pretty dramatically if the choices are 2 and 3. Or, I suppose, I could interpret as the choices only being 1 and 4 (i.e. pick between these two numbers). I assume you meant 1/2/3/4. ;-)

Gotta love English.

Um..... 2! Big money, no whammies! C'mon 2!"

Cheezy: "Listen, the RNG function is called =randbetween(min,max) and is inclusive so when I say between 1 and 4 I MEAN 1 2 3 OR 4

clear enough ;)

I can give the item to STL, but you have to create it first."

LIS: "Oops, I totally misread and thought I could give the ABILITY to create to someone. Pretty clear in your initial comment, though. Not sure where I got it from.

And hey, don't blame me. "Between 1-4" is imprecise language. Don't hate the person who wants legit clarification."

LIS: "I'll get back to you on the item when I finish catching up on thread."

LIS: "1) Create item: Hydrometer. This item can be used to check the specific gravity of all players within one group to determine how many villagers vs wolves vs other alignments are present within the group.

2) Use item on I Knew I Should Have Stayed Home if the number of players is 3+ (currently 3). If one of them dies overnight, I'll pick another group. I think this will be ok with you since the item is used during the "following day," but if not, just go with that group.

3) Quarters (if it's a quarter, shouldn't it be heads or tails?): 2

Night. :)"

Cheezy: "1/2 - I think trilt had a thing against this kind of item, but I'll check with her when she's up, you'll get feedback as soon as we deliberate.

3 - Its like the drinking game Quarters if you've ever played, you put shot glasses/ice tray on the table and bounce quarters and try to land in a glass/pocket, depending on where you land you either give out or take drinks.

Night! :wacky:"

Cheezy: "N3 Results (partially):
You try to sit by yourself and play Quarters but women from the Bachelorette party keep coming up and asking for a top up. You grumble because the constant harassment is messing with your aim, and you miss, sorry no protection for you tonight."

Trilt: "yeah I've hated these abilities/uses as ask-a-mod since it screwed over wolves in Favourite Things. Ix-nay on that.

Or, I'll allow it, but with a known 50% chance of inaccuracy (maybe someone forgot to clean the sensors).

Let me know if you'd like to revise or just push through with that. Hope work isn't crazy."

LIS: "I thought you'd be ok with it since the groups are more numerous with small numbers. Ah well.

Um. I'm right at morning rounds + calls + discharges, plus I have a few on the way in. So I really don't have time. Can I push back on it and do it later today when I get home/sleep/wake up? Or .... ? I just can't submit right now. :("

Trilt: "Don't worry you know we'll make it work. Just think on it and submit when life permits."

LIS: "Ok. How 'about:

-- Secret Stash: This secret box of Franzia was found stuck under the bar behind some bottles of Night Train. It can be held the rest of the game, and protects against one Night Kill for its owner (me).

If you won't go with that.... then this is my second choice:

-- Pile o' Vomit: This pile o' vomit shuts down the party like nothing else. Splashed onto the middle of the bar floor, it leads to mass exodus from the bar. All night actions are canceled for one night following the day this item is used. Pass the item on to STL."

LIS: "Hopefully one of those will work, cause I need to go crash now and won't be conscious for a while."

Cheezy: "Approving the first item
N3 Results:
You have discovered an extra box of Franzia way back in the storage area, you may hold on to this item and use it as a scapegoat to avoid 1 night kill."

Who is actually left in the game? I really don't have any particular leanings one way or another.

I know WZ, BBC, me, Crayola, Blitzen are left. Who am I missing?

I mean, frankly, I could vote for any of you. The whole Cynda/STL/WZ never got resolved, so that says "vote WZ" to me. Crayola has been riding me hard for a few days and a few times has misstated what I've said or done things like try and create a DVMD-LIS connection where literally none exist - that makes me want to vote there. Could vote for Blitzen just because I feel like she's coasting similar to DVMD. BBC for similar reasons.

*shrug*

Could be anyone. Dunno.

My villagey-ness. :p Mainly, we've never seen me wolf, odds are that I'm village, and no one buys for a second that I could be a wolf and actually hold it together.

The chances that both Ceke and I are trying to be regular sketch villagers and are wolf is pretty low, imo. If she flips village, I could see that increasing suspicion of me. Still, it gets WIFOM to wonder if I would have used a similar defense. "I'm playing too sketchy to be wolf."

Every game we've played, I've always been on the verge of being lynched, or at least heavy on the wolf-dar, and I've been village.

My normal play is so sketchy to people to begin with it seems (when I'm being 100% straight), that basically if I'm ever wolf and have to carry off deception, the wolf pack will be ****ed. I was Dead Chaos, and everyone actually had me pegged for Chaos even before I did, sincerely. I expect if I'm ever wolf the pack will just bus me hard for village cred.

I realized a while back, that the consistent village play I was cultivating, would leave me in a very bad place as a wolf. I had to decide if I wanted to be a DocE/STL style player (not nearly clever enough, I tried to pull a vanillager plot this time and it was a total fail), a silent mysterious player like AM, or.... well, me. I chose to do what comes naturally to me. it's easier to keep straight, and to do what I read WW online guides said about game theory and playing in the same group over and over. Consistent, honest village play, helps you as both village and wolf.

Only problem is, it's one thing when your village play almost gets you lynched every game when you're villager. That same play as a wolf.... Basically, unless I become a better player, which will involve a personality transplant and a shorter post word limit, which would then be a change in tone and a major red flag, I'm going to have to accept that while I might be able to fly by as sketch villager, as a wolf I'll be dead meat. That's OK, because statistically more games I'll be village. The trade off is losing the few times I'm wolf. I'm OK with that unless I improve over time.

Yes, it's all WIFOM. Maybe I'll get lynched over it. But as I said, I'm investing in my village rep as a regular player. That will mean getting lynched as a villager, and likely losing as a wolf. As I said, I'm OK with it. Evnetually I hope people will come to know and trust my village self.

This sort of crap is sketchier as hell. Telling someone why your behavior means you can't be a wolf when you openly point out you've never been a wolf so who the hell knows what your behavior would be like?

Yeah. Ugh. Part of me thinks it's just Crayola being crazy, but ... it is so sketchy.

Yep. That's what I've said the whole time. I've just gotten really tripped out about people who seem village, the paranoia has really gotten to me. She sounded like Ceke the whole way, I just wasn't entirely sure about the sincerity of a few moves she made.

ALSO sketchy as hell, because "That's what I've said the whole time" is a much more robust defense of Ceke than you were actually offering.

UGH.

If you're wolf, fair enough, nice job. But if you're villager, you really need to sharpen up your play so that you are more accurate.

Oh that was bachelorette party night, right? Makes sense it would affect the vanillas. I think Crayola mentioned she had a PM ability (that for some reason she couldn't use) the same night?

Anyway, looks like I'm going down. Assuming Crayola and Fern don't change their votes, Blitzen will obviously vote for me.

So. G'luck village.

And anyone who thinks I made up that entire mod PM exchange .... yer f'd in the head.

I mean, frankly, I could vote for any of you. The whole Cynda/STL/WZ never got resolved, so that says "vote WZ" to me.
It did, actually :lame: We all agreed it was mod flair and that our results didn't actually contradict. STL was just crazy. Cyndia and I worked together after she was moved back into our group.

It did, actually :lame: We all agreed it was mod flair and that our results didn't actually contradict. STL was just crazy. Cyndia and I worked together after she was moved back into our group.

Ok, fair' nuff. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm sitting on my blitzen vote, but I gotta peace out. I'm exhausted.

*realizes she should have spent time rereading this thread instead of reminiscing in the Watering Hole*

Well...I don't know. I don't really want to lynch LIS now.

I don't think I have anything solid for Cray or ritz
BBC - Unlikely for her role at the very least...I think. I need to actually think that through a little more because mods be evil sometimes. At any rate, wasn't she attacked the night PBC died? I don't think that whole mod mistake thing would have happened if she were a wolf but probably need to read over that again.
LIS - been reading village most of the game, don't really think he would make up those PMs

I'm a little tired of the Cyndia/WZ/STL debacle being brought up every single day as if one of us had to be a wolf. The ONLY person who thought there was an issue was STL, and even when he outted my ability no longer thought there was a discrepancy with Cyndia, but rather wanted to make sure that the ability I had was a night cancel, and not a lynch avoidance. That has been proven. I used my boost to cancel kills without canceling village actions which I did not have to do. No one else would have know that was even an option.

Thank you. This was the best explanation I've seen for what happened - I really just didn't get it, and felt like it was never explained so silly me could understand. I was hoping someone would, hence why I kept going on and on.

D9 Sittin Around Staring at Each Other Official Lynch Tally

LIS (2) - Crayola, BBC

Britzen (1) - LIS

3/5 Voting Lynch closed in 2.5 hours @2200 EST

giphy.gif

*realizes she should have spent time rereading this thread instead of reminiscing in the Watering Hole*

Well...I don't know. I don't really want to lynch LIS now.

I don't think I have anything solid for Cray or ritz
BBC - Unlikely for her role at the very least...I think. I need to actually think that through a little more because mods be evil sometimes. At any rate, wasn't she attacked the night PBC died? I don't think that whole mod mistake thing would have happened if she were a wolf but probably need to read over that again.
LIS - been reading village most of the game, don't really think he would make up those PMs

I'm definitely wigged out by the PMs. Especially since several read verbatim for mine from CheezyD.

I'm not really comfortable with the fibbing coming from LIS - I had a plot to "fib" as well, but that was only thought of and discussed with one other person, and even then I pointed out that I knew any sort of deceit the village outs tends to be looked on as sketchy.

Perhaps LIS is using my same logic that vanillagers don't have as much to lose for village if we get ourselves lynched over it. However, I still don't see any reason for why he fibbed.

LIS is saying I put things in his mouth, which I find a pretty strong claim. I said that I found a pattern of likes and agreement between LIS and DVMD - which I admitted could have all been coming from DVMD using him as a village template for cover. I'm thinking if I ever wolf, since I always produce so many likes and such, I'll have to pick a villager that people seem to trust and "mimic" them, I think.

I don't have to put words in LIS' mouth for that theory. So him saying that feels dishonest, too. I've admitted any "connection" I felt was a vibe, and it doesn't *have* to be wolfy.

The PMs though - sounds a bit hard to make up. Would a wolf have an ability allowing them to see some mod PMs going out to villagers? That could provide great cover.

I'm feeling like waffling off LIS, but I'm also wondering if I should stick to my guns. When I don't, it goes badly, usually.

Cunning doesn't have to be subtle. Neither does village play. Or wolf playing village.

Except that you said I was being subtle about Ceke.

Really? You call my voting for Ceke all game subtle?

Why does your characterization of my play keep changing? It's like you're desperately trying to make me a wolf, can't find a REAL reason, and so you just keep twisting things. It is sketchy as all hell. If you're a villager, it's bad play. If you're a wolf, well, ok, fine.

With regard to DVMD, you are overreaching. There are a few reasons for us to have "Liked" similar posts (if that's even accurate - a lot of people liked a lot of posts; I bet you didn't do a statistical breakdown to find out if the correlation between DVMD is actually as strong as you think it is - my bet is that you developed your bias and then saw places where she and I overlapped, and used that to reinforce your bias):

1) We have similar style of play and probably liked the same posts for the same reason - because we liked the play. I do that as wolf or village. 'Like' doesn't mean 'Agree';

2) Coincidence (this is my guess); or

3) She was trying to surf on my coattails.

I doubt the latter because frankly, that's too much work, and neither DVMD or I put that much work into WW any more. Either of the first two are possible.

Bottom line, Cray, is that you are trying wayyyyy too hard to find evidence that isn't there. If you're a villager, my advice to you is to take off your blinders and start re-thinking.

I'm thinking if I ever wolf, since I always produce so many likes and such, I'll have to pick a villager that people seem to trust and "mimic" them, I think.

You keep saying over and over and over things like "if I ever wolf" and "I've never wolfed".

I just can't help but think you're trying too hard to cover up being a wolf for your first time.

You're either a wolf or you're f'ing it up for the village. If you're village - pull your head out.

I'm definitely wigged out by the PMs. Especially since several read verbatim for mine from CheezyD.

See? Here's a great example. You have ACTUAL EVIDENCE that I'm telling the truth ...

... but yet you just don't want to let it impact your bias that DVMD and I are somehow magically connected at the hip.

My biggest issue is that I just can't tell if you're being clever and wolfing or if you're just being that dumb.

I mean, I don't consider it really fibbing for LIS to say he's vanilla. It appears that he is, he just had this one time thing that happened due to an in-game event. And he did mention making the item earlier on, just didn't say what it was. Good reason for that if he's telling the truth about it.

I am seriously considering switching to Cray though, now that I think about it. Would be really weird for only the villagers to benefit from the bachelorette party. Could be a vanilla wolf benefitted too.

huoxgm.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I mean, I don't consider it really fibbing for LIS to say he's vanilla. It appears that he is, he just had this one time thing that happened due to an in-game event. And he did mention making the item earlier on, just didn't say what it was. Good reason for that if he's telling the truth about it.

I am seriously considering switching to Cray though, now that I think about it. Would be really weird for only the villagers to benefit from the bachelorette party. Could be a vanilla wolf benefitted too.

I said fibbing because I thought the one-time object thing was some random piece of my role I hadn't been told. I didn't realize it was due to that in-game event.

If it was in-game event, then I truly am vanilla. *shrug*
'
I obviously didn't talk about the item because I was hoping the wolves would try and kill me.

@LetItSnow

fine, decent defense. Then tell me why I shouldn't vote WZ, my other top pick, and vote your candidate, Britzen. Before anyone says that is sketch, while I have moved them down in my mind, I did share Ceke's suspicion's initially.

So I'm wondering why a clever veteran has Brtiz as their top choice.

This sentence doesn't make sense. Why were you hoping wolves would kill you? Why would the item mean they wouldn't?
Dude. Read what he said about the item's function.

Then tell me why I shouldn't vote WZ, my other top pick
Because you don't actually have any good reason to. And I'm the villageriest villager that ever villaged.

Dude. Read what he said about the item's function.

Because you don't actually have any good reason to. And I'm the villageriest villager that ever villaged.

Sorry. Gotcha. Took me a bit to get what it did. I thought it was one night but it was rest of game.

unlynch LIS

lynch Britzen

I'm going to take it on faith that WZ and LIS are villagers, and go with their pick
if this is another game where veteran wolves manipulate me into lynching a noob at the end-game and we lose, I will scream

Then tell me why I shouldn't vote WZ, my other top pick, and vote your candidate, Britzen.

Again, somehow I'm not your top choice in terms of the facts of the game laid out, things that look sketch vs. the defense to those things, but for some reason you're going to let yourself be manipulated into voting for your 3rd choice for lynch? What is even happening?

Here's a great example. You have ACTUAL EVIDENCE that I'm telling the truth ...

Telling the truth in so far as you presented it. You obviously didn't make up that conversation on the fly, but you could have copied and pasted that conversation and then tweaked it to make you seem village... (Swap out STL for DVM for example.) The only thing that we have to go on here is your word that your Franzia box does what it says it does and you didn't manufacture, say, a lynch avoidance instead of a night kill avoidance. Sticking pretty close to the truth is a great tactic for seeming truthful while manipulating the situation to seem more or less sketchy than it really is.

The only people who benefited from the bachelorette party were you and Cray, and I agree with WZ that it seems lopsided that only the village would benefit from that.

I'm still stuck on Kam's observation that a good wold pack would have had at least one vote on genny. That's between you and WZ, and WZ's ability at least did what she claimed. For that reason I'm going to

lynch LIS

D9 Sittin Around Staring at Each Other Unofficial Lynch Tally

LIS (2) - BBC, britzen
Britzen (3) - LIS, WZ, Crayola

5/5 Voting Lynch closed in 1 hour @2200 EST

giphy.gif