WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how am i in that triumvirate? What claim am I making that has anything to do with any of those 2? Why are you so biased against me? Odd.
Why is your ass awake?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well if LIS is the 3rd of those 3 death avoidance claims, I would say lynch avoidance is the most wolfy of the 3 (although certainly no guarantee), and he will be my lynch vote today (today I am off so can hold off on using a contingency and actually participate in ongoing discussion. Lucky you guys. :oops:)

Why is your ass awake?
kitten has instituted new military schedule here. 5:30 wake ups. Oddly Dog #2 has taken up the mantle for him and assists in the waking up. It is now a permanent addition to my life.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well if LIS is the 3rd of those 3 death avoidance claims, I would say lynch avoidance is the most wolfy of the 3 (although certainly no guarantee), and he will be my lynch vote today (today I am off so can hold off on using a contingency and actually participate in ongoing discussion. Lucky you guys. :oops:)
I don't think LIS has a lynch avoidance . He was the one silenced yesterday. When I was silenced I asked if I could vote via pm to the mods and I was told I could not because I wasn't in the ocean, so I believe we couldn't lynch LIS because he wasn't in the ocean.

Reactions: 1 users
kitten has instituted new military schedule here. 5:30 wake ups. Oddly Dog #2 has taken up the mantle for him and assists in the waking up. It is now a permanent addition to my life.
My bengal tried that. She quickly learned that sleepy Trilt is very good at (gently) throwing annoying cats across the room, and then a magical food dispensing machine appeared that deposits noms at ~4:30.

Much better sleep since. Probably one of my best investments.

Reactions: 6 users
I think it was probably because he was silenced

Reactions: 1 user
My cat does this. Despite throwing him......he comes back with a vengeance. My sympathies, sir.

Another night, another death. Pieces of @Jilary - Electric Ray and villager who could protect her self on even nights were found floating on the ocean floor.

Electric rays possess electrogenic organs that are composed of striated muscle plaques modified from gill musculature all enervated on the same side, so electricity generated via muscle contraction is summed to produce an external shock. SHOCKING! Voltage potentials vary from 8 volts up to 220 volts (EEP!) In some forms, the shock is directed upward (to deter would-be predators) and in others, downward (to incapacitate prey).
electric-ray_terry-strait.jpg

Lynch Deadline is 9pm EST.

Note:
Dark shadows continue to flit across the surface accompanied by bass rumbles and a thick oily stench. Denizens of the ocean, swim at your own risk!

8/26 Players remain.

CURRENT ROSTER:
Epipelagic

2. @WhtsThFrequency
4. @allyphoe

Mesopelagic
7. @LetItSnow
9. @BeautifulBritishColumbia

Bathypelagic
14. @StartingoverVet
15. @dyachei

Hadalpelagic
25. @WildZoo
26. @Frozenshades

Abyssalpelagic
[empty]

Sushi (Dead):

11. SummerTheLynx - Candiru (vanillager)
12. genny - Leafy Sea Dragon (vanillager)

5. LadyOtheFarm - Chimaera (scalloped hammerhead)
24. PrincessButterCup - Flower hat jelly (village protector)
17. DVMDream - Blobfish (Bargibanti pygmy seahorse)
21. hazelmoo - Pyjama shark (village seer)
20. Saki Nishibi - Saltwater crocodile (vanillager)
6. Zensing - Blowfish (Villager Assassin)
23. Mad Jack – Cone Snail (village item maker)
16. finnickthedog- Goblin shark (vanillager)

8. Flim Flam Man - Sea cucumber
3. Ceke2002 - Amphioxus (vanillager)
1. Animal Midwife - Mola mola (vanillager)
18. heyyimhayley - Flabellina (vanillager)
22. Filly Bay - Anglerfish (village tracker)
19. Nyanko - Sea Spider (vanillager)
13. Rogert - Octopus (village blocker)
10. Jilary - Electric Ray (village self protector)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. Was silenced yesterday. Why is it nobody will lynch someone who can't defend themself until it's me? Y'all are lame.

Anyway. My Out of Ocean Adventure started with being scooped up in a net - got a couple pics of a fishing boat. Was told it is a good thing nautili don't experience barotrauma or I'd be in real trouble. Got sold by the fishermen to an aquarium who didn't have room for me and let me go.

I saw the following pics, in this order: Great Cthulhu, Hawaiian Monk Seal (attacked by the wolves of the sea and the dogs of the bay. Saved by the MRC!), Lionfish (The one that got away...after I tried to spear him three times!), Manatee (Moo! Successfully treated for propeller lacerations), Nautilus (Trawler Traveler), Nudibranch, Octopus, Pacific Electric Ray, Sea Turtle, "Squid, Giant" (First live capture at our aquarium!).

There was verbiage for the Nudibranch, Octo, etc, I just got tired of typing.

That electric ray looks really cool!

Reactions: 2 users
***MOD ANNOUNCEMENT***
Due to the devastation caused by overfishing in this area, Obama has decided to make a new MPA as a follow-up to the creation of Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument. Don't worry, you are now in a no-take zone, so you have nothing to be frightened of anymore. Those black shadows and low grumblings have all disappeared.
graphic3__logo_web.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
***MOD ANNOUNCEMENT***
Due to the devastation caused by overfishing in this area, Obama has decided to make a new MPA as a follow-up to the creation of Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument. Don't worry, you are now in a no-take zone, so you have nothing to be frightened of anymore. Those black shadows and low grumblings have all disappeared.
graphic3__logo_web.jpg
Thanks Obama

Reactions: 6 users
At least two of the claimed avoidances are different. But no, those are not the three claiming it. FS and Dy have both been outed on thread, the third has not.
So assuming by Jil's death, we have:
Jil with an avoidance on certain nights.
Dy claiming night kill avoidance. Or is it a potential protection from any nighttime activities?
FS also claiming night kill avoidance

So assuming by Jil's death, we have:
Jil with an avoidance on certain nights.
Dy claiming night kill avoidance. Or is it a potential protection from any nighttime activities?
FS also claiming night kill avoidance
I don't die when they attack me.

Is Dy's assumed honesty the only reason we have her cleared with a night kill avoidance?
I know she stated that she is very honest, but this just seems like such an easy lie to make with no repercussions. I can't recall her wolf play in other games, @WildZoo @LetItSnow @StartingoverVet do you guys find she plays honestly as a wolf?

With Jil's analysis, I would be comfortable pegging FS as an original villager. So not our original wolf or wolves, but possibly a convert. Since Jil died villager and had that ability, I think either Dy is off or that this entire line of thinking regarding similar roles was a dead end.

Edited because FS totally could be a convert and I typed the wrong thing.

Is Dy's assumed honesty the only reason we have her cleared with a night kill avoidance?
I know she stated that she is very honest, but this just seems like such an easy lie to make with no repercussions. I can't recall her wolf play in other games, @WildZoo @LetItSnow @StartingoverVet do you guys find she plays honestly as a wolf?

With Jil's analysis, I would be comfortable pegging FS as an original villager. So not our original wolf or wolves, or a convert. Since Jil died villager and had that ability, I think either Dy is off or that this entire line of thinking regarding similar roles was a dead end.

Yes, because that is how most good wolves play. You only lie when you need to, because that is one way to get caught.

She could easily be a wolf. I dunno.

I still think jilary's analysis on FS was solid. What do we know about LIS, anything?

There isn't anything to know about me. I am a nautilus. Vanillager.

Btw, since WTF was asking if nautuli have tentacles while I was silenced ... It is worth pointing out that WTF has tentacles. Just sayin'. I didn't see her mention that....

Her claim that she was attacked didn't seem like a lie to me, though I do think it's interesting that the wolves waited so long to target her after it was outted so early that she had an ability.

There isn't anything to know about me. I am a nautilus. Vanillager.

Btw, since WTF was asking if nautuli have tentacles while I was silenced ... It is worth pointing out that WTF has tentacles. Just sayin'. I didn't see her mention that....
Are we looking for someone with tentacles?

lynch wz

just a random stab based on her posts. after re-reading last 2 days.
I have never really been good about Dyachei (although last game she was a wolf i was all over her and didn't pursue it).

the more bbc talks, the more I'm convinced she's not trying to convince herself, but trying to convince other players.
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I simply want to figure out what is going on, because at this point something has to not add up.

Since this morning I have established that either I think you are wolfy, or that the entire death avoidance ability search was a waste of time. Since LIS agreed that you usually play without unnecessary lies, I am leaning more towards the coincidence category. If I had not been sharing on here, I probably have would decided you were wolfy and voted to lynch you.

This is also just more than I have talked this entire game. I don't blame you for thinking that is suspicious lol

lynch ally
large post incoming
Still vanillager, not converted. I'm unlikely to fight much about being lynched, because I am too swamped at work to be able to brain for WW, so I'm a pretty sucky player at the moment. And that's not going to improve until 9/15. :/ And I feel bad about that.

Since I have a bit of free time...we're kind of getting down to the wire here so I'm going to try to quickly go through my feelings on everyone. Not as extensive as I would like but it is what it is.

CURRENT ROSTER:
Epipelagic

2. WhtsThFrequency - I think it is unlikely she is an original based on her ability. Not impossible for it to be wolf but it is villager far more often. Valuable as a convert though, due to possible info access.
4. allyphoe - Really haven't heard much about her since the whole vanilla villager thing at the beginning of the game. I just read over it again and it looks like she was the first person to confirm STL's claim that there were vanillagers in the game. I don't necessarily agree that this makes her 100% villager...she didn't say anything that looked like villager code, and it's easy for anyone to say "sure, my role is vanilla too!" Great groundwork for a wolf to lay for later claims of vanilla even if she didn't know there were so many in the game.

Mesopelagic
7. LetItSnow - nautilus, another vanilla claim. His voting record is not great (neither is mine though), just nothing to scream "villager" that I am seeing right now.
9. BeautifulBritishColumbia - Unsure. She's been pretty inconsistent in her activity (as have I, so not a critique either way) so hard to get a good read on her. She was the other person up for lynch in the tie that ended in lotf's death. No guarantee that was a wolf-villager lynch combo, and it doesn't help that FFM was the only wolf to vote in that lynch - and so early in the day that neither lynch had really formed yet when he voted, not does it look like he was around later on. Not helpful :rage:

I do wonder if either of these two (or maybe wtf) knew about jilary's ability, especially that it only worked on even nights.

Bathypelagic
14. StartingoverVet - I really don't know anything about him and I can't remember a time that I was ever able to read him. I did notice a weird flip flop during the hayley lynch. One minute he said the blocking info was hard to ignore, and then a little later he said he's not a fan of lynching the blocked person on a no kill night. Perhaps because he had unlynched her due to dyachei's night mix-up and didn't want to seem like he was just jumping back on the bandwagon.
15. dyachei - would make a good convert, but for the moment i do believe she was attacked so i don't think she's the original we're looking for

Hadalpelagic
25. WildZoo - me. people who have been silenced know my role, ability has been useless for a good long while due to another player's early death. I've barely been present in the game after my cthulhu obsession so I don't think I would make a good conversion target, but I don't really have hard evidence as far as that goes.
26. Frozenshades - I do agree with Jil's analysis (still, my feels don't quite like the 3 people with death avoidance). Would have to look at the timing of the posts she brought up to see if conversion is a possibility, but I don't think he's an original right now. Feels about his ability are still in flux, but solid analysis is winning over speculation about what the mods would include in the game right now.

Is anybody the lion fish because really, I still want to know (the obsession remains, just barely under the surface...).

I did know of Jilary's ability as I was PMing with her at the time. However, she declined to explain exactly how it worked (as I would have done the same, so I didn't mind) - she just told me it worked slightly differently than the others.