The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh.... So much regret....

~Once a year I drink enough to remind me why I stay under 5 drinks at a time for the rest of the year. Last night was that night, and as I sit here with my old horses grain bucket I truly remember that alcohol is a poison.

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh.... So much regret....

~Once a year I drink enough to remind me why I stay under 5 drinks at a time for the rest of the year. Last night was that night, and as I sit here with my old horses grain bucket I truly remember that alcohol is a poison.
Glad you got home ok and are relatively alright now too.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did I miss :laugh:
At the gas station our staff Christmas parties are usually pretty wild; my site in particular is known for having a good time. This year we had $200 in free liquor (plus the company budget) because a bunch of regular customers donated to the party cause. (We have a really good relationship with the people in the neighbourhood). Only probably 15 or 16 people were there so there was lots to go around.

Anyway, I got hammered (I started only wanting to have a few drinks, honest!) and got on SDN because I needed internet access to submit a school assignment that I had finished earlier in the night. Proceeded to post status updates about the remainder of the night, and my adventures persuading my coworker to have her first shots. That resulted in her getting more drunk than I have ever seen her, so oops.

I work at 2 with this coworker, so I'm looking forward to seeing if she is in a worse state than me :laugh: On another happy note, I think I might finally be done vomiting after 5 hours haha.

Reactions: 4 users
Not drunk but I got a nice buzz going. Just felt like sharing, you may all carry on with your saturday nights now.

And while I'm at it, want to say that that noobie WW thread is like reading a foreign language

Reactions: 5 users
A few days ago our office manager covertly gave all the vets a couple mason jars of homemade moonshine.

Earlier this evening my boss called to say he'd take care of our hospitalized patient for me tomorrow morning.

I've made least a dozen homemade ornaments and had quite a few shots. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
A couple days ago our office manager covertly gave all the vets a couple mason jars of homemade moonshine.

Earlier this evening my boss called to say he'd take care of our hospitalized patient for me tomorrow morning.

I've made least a dozen homemade ornaments and had quite a few shots. :D
I'd be scared to drink homemade stuff, heard all the horror stories haha.
That sounds like an A+ evening

I had a co-worker whose family had a wine business. She brought a bottle to our Christmas party last year and it was the best stuff I've ever tasted. It was really fortunate that we were really close to my house. ;)

Not drunk but I got a nice buzz going. Just felt like sharing, you may all carry on with your saturday nights now.

And while I'm at it, want to say that that noobie WW thread is like reading a foreign language
Once you read a couple of WWs it starts to get easier haha. I'm on number 4 now and I'm starting to get the hang of it/ am ready to kill!

It's peachy and cinnamony and if it kills me I'll have a good excuse to not come in to work! :p
Hahaha,
If you like that kind of stuff, this one is really good. Definitely not the real thing (or so I've been told) but yummy. It was a favourite of mine until I drank too much of it haha.
OSM_apple_pie_4010.png

ETA: It is sickly sweet. You have to enjoy sugar unless you plan on diluting it.

Last edited:
Once you read a couple of WWs it starts to get easier haha. I'm on number 4 now and I'm starting to get the hang of it/ am ready to kill!

Only thing I'm ready to kill right now is another drink. Fill er up cdo

true true. Sadly I'm studying for finals and under the legal drinking age, so drink for me bottle of bear!

As if either of those have stopped any college kid before. But I'll suffer for you, good luck with them finals

Had some friends over tonight and enjoyed eggnog, cocoa with peppermint schnapps, boozy root beer floats, and a nice discussion. Good relaxing time before finals kill me.

Had some friends over tonight and enjoyed eggnog, cocoa with peppermint schnapps, boozy root beer floats, and a nice discussion. Good relaxing time before finals kill me.
One of the things I just bought was hard root beer. Probably one of the best things I have ever tasted. Crazy Uncle brand. It tastes like a float even though there is no cream in it.

Reactions: 2 users
In your honour I just walked down to the liquor store and grabbed a few tall cans haha

Have to grind out a school project tonight so might as well make it fun!

hahaha true! Alright you convinced me. (All I have is tequila though so if I don't respond until like Tuesday you know why.) :wacky:

I'm such a good influence

Reactions: 1 user
One of the things I just bought was hard root beer. Probably one of the best things I have ever tasted. Crazy Uncle brand. It tastes like a float even though there is no cream in it.
That stuff can be a little too sweet for me drinking straight, but I've made root beer floats that are fantastic with'em.

Also... hot chocolate with rumchata. Nom nom nom.

Reactions: 3 users
Are we going to get a repeat of last weekend's posts? :p
Absolutely not. I have no intentions of living that hangover again anytime soon. Besides, I actually have to submit a good quality piece of work.
However I got invited to a particularly rowdy sounding holiday party on the 23rd, so you might get some form of entertainment then.

That stuff can be a little too sweet for me drinking straight, but I've made root beer floats that are fantastic with'em.

Also... hot chocolate with rumchata. Nom nom nom.
I could never do more than 1 at a time. Would feel too sick to keep drinking. But for casual drinks they are tasty!

Never had rumchata. Never actually heard of it.

I've never been drunk before. I've been tipsy (my sister's wedding + champagne comes to mind) but never drunk.

Reactions: 1 user