Edward Via - Virginia (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rcd an II from the VA campus today. Pleasantly surprised as they have a military appreciation scholarship that gives me $100 gift card, a free night at a hotel, and instead of $1500 deposit, it is $100. Really looking forward to visiting the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I'll be interviewing at VCOM this Tuesday 9/7. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing/splitting the cost of a hotel room for Monday night? Please PM me!

Hey guys,
so when you guys get a phone call from VCOM for II, what number is it?
Does it show it's from virginia/NC on your cell?
What happens if you miss it? Do they leave a message?

Just wondering, not that I got the call.
I got in a habit of putting my phone on vibrate due to undergrad years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey iwilloneday,

it was a VA number for me, they left a message and I was able to call her back.

good luck

I interviewed this last Tuesday and received my acceptance this afternoon! What a load off of my shoulders. You receive a nice call from the admissions office.

I interviewed this last Tuesday and received my acceptance this afternoon! What a load off of my shoulders. You receive a nice call from the admissions office.
congrats!!

Is this school done with this application cycle?...
Just give me a chance...

No, they definitely are not done. There are more spots, for sure - let alone those that will be available after the 15th of December (the deadline that we have to put a deposit down). You will be fine, I am sure. Stay positive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone tell me how to send my secondary payment through paypal? I can't find the instructions. Thanks! :bow:

How long after the initial e-mail did it take for you guys to receive the e-mail containing the secondary?

How long after the initial e-mail did it take for you guys to receive the e-mail containing the secondary?
Its been almost a week for me and i haven't received a secondary yet...hopefully soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how many people receive secondaries? I sent my secondary early September but no response. I contacted the school and they said they had a lot of applications and still reviewing. I've heard the school screens, but have also heard information that if you hit the minimum requirements you'll probably get a secondary. If they offer 350 interview spots I wonder how many secondaries get sent. I just interviewed elsewhere and really liked that school (took some of the pressure off) but vcoms still my first choice as long as like the campus.

Why is this thread so "slow?"
Are people just not posting here or is there not much action at VCOM-VC?
CC is pretty active but this one and Auburn is pretty slow.
I want an II from here but I just can't get rid of the feeling that it's too late at this point...

I was also wondering the same thing. Has anyone heard anything the past few weeks? Or do you think no more II's till later in the cycle when seats free up?

I guess they don't like us...

Last edited:
I've been verified since 10/02 and got the initial e-mail but still haven't even gotten the secondary yet. Welp. I wonder what's the hold up.

How long did it take to get sent the secondary? Are the only criteria the GPA/MCAT?

Second year VCOM-VC here.

Lots of MCAT discussion. One thing to keep in mind is "I THINK" that VCOM uses whichever highest score per section as your cumulative. For instance, on my student profile page I had one point higher than my highest score, because they took a previously higher score for the BS section. So keep that in mind if you've taken it multiple times. This is not fact it is something that you may want to email admin about, again I'm not sure.

Also, at least from my personal experience, it seems to me that VCOM will take some lower scores, but these students typically have some kind of clinical experience. VCOM eats up things like previous nursing assistant jobs, EMT, MISSION TRIPS! etc, so if you have a lower score but have one of these things, VCOM may give you a really good look.

Interview call today and scheduled for mid-Nov. Complete mid-Oct. Edited to say Appalachian region. Unique ECs.

Last edited:
Hi, I applied to this school 3 months ago and have not receive a secondary. I emailed them twice and does not get a reply. What should I do?

I would call them, make sure that all your info is in though. Just be courteous- they are mad busy I'm sure

Hi, I applied to this school 3 months ago and have not receive a secondary. I emailed them twice and does not get a reply. What should I do?
let us know what they say. There email that says they received our primary said that it will take 2-3 weeks. I'm about at 2 weeks right now...

Hey anyone staying in comfort inn Blacksburg tonight? PM me.

do you have solid ec's?

ER volunteer for 2 years, I work full-time as a medical scribe now in a surgery clinic. Shadowed some DO's and MD's. TA'd in the anatomy lab for semester during undergrad. Those are the significant experiences I'd say. It seems other's in the thread who were verified around the same time are yet to receive as well. Not sure if it's just a busy time in the process or if there looking for something particular at this time.

You sure it's not in your junk email? They said they got my primary on 9/10 and I received a secondary on 9/16. I think that's where mine was located.

Just an FYI to everyone waiting on a secondary or an email response...all of the emails and/or correspondences I've received from VCOM have gone into my SPAM folder. Make sure it's not sitting in there, that's where I found my secondary. Hope that helps :)

I finally got a secondary today. They received my primaries 10/10. And yea it went straight to my spam.

I finally got a secondary today. They received my primaries 10/10. And yea it went straight to my spam.
Hm. We've both been waiting basically the same amount of time no luck for me getting mine yet, even checked the spam. Would anyone mind telling me the sender's e-mail address or the subject line so I could search more accurately?

Complete email 10/16. Hopefully a secondary any day now.

Accepted! Can't wait to meet everyone :) and good luck to everyone still in the process! Hang in there!

Haven't received secondary from them although they said 2-3 weeks. Nothing in my spam folder because the original email came through fine

It just breaks my heart to wait for the ii call everyday. It feels like an endless review process. VCOM is my top choice school!

Does anyone know/experience how they screen apps from primary to secondary and then ii? Does the whole committee or a sole staff/faculty look at one? What is the exact timeline? Although they promise to get back to you in 2-3 weeks for secondary Invitation, they never explicitly say anything about ii?!!!

Show me some love, VCOM! Please!

Im pretty sure seat count and more II's will come up post December 15th (when deposits are due).

Reactions: 2 users