-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
endodontic residency 2021 application
Started by endoapplicant1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody know the reasoning behind UAB's "handwritten personal statement... in your own handwriting in ink and uploaded into the ADEA PASS application."??
Personality assessment by evaluating hand writing.
Anybody know the reasoning behind UAB's "handwritten personal statement... in your own handwriting in ink and uploaded into the ADEA PASS application."??
Before Dr. Eleazer retired the entire application was hand written. They didn’t even participate in PASS. It was like 8-10 pages of hand written information. I assumed it was to filter out applicants who weren’t seriously considering the program. And also to see who took the time create a clean, well put together application. I mean, it was extremely time consuming. However, even with well recognized Dr. Eleazer running the program, they still only had 22 applicants in ‘17, 18 applicants in ‘18, and then once he retired in ‘19 they dropped to only 12 applicants. So it’s pretty obvious why they switched over to PASS this year. I assume they will eventually stop the hand written part as well. But maybe not.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before Dr. Eleazer retired the entire application was hand written. They didn’t even participate in PASS. It was like 8-10 pages of hand written information. I assumed it was to filter out applicants who weren’t seriously considering the program. And also to see who took the time create a clean, well put together application. I mean, it was extremely time consuming. However, even with well recognized Dr. Eleazer running the program, they still only had 22 applicants in ‘17, 18 applicants in ‘18, and then once he retired in ‘19 they dropped to only 12 applicants. So it’s pretty obvious why they switched over to PASS this year. I assume they will eventually stop the hand written part as well. But maybe not.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How has the program been since he left?
How has the program been since he left?
No clue, I’m not there. I’m sure it’s ok though. Not too much can change that quickly. The new director will probably make changes as time goes assuming he’s no longer interim. They basically keep things status quo curriculum wise while they get a grasp on CODA requirements and all their responsibilities.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
However, even with well recognized Dr. Eleazer running the program, they still only had 22 applicants in ‘17, 18 applicants in ‘18, and then once he retired in ‘19 they dropped to only 12 applicants. So it’s pretty obvious why they switched over to PASS this year. I assume they will eventually stop the hand written part as well. But maybe not.
Wow, 12 applicants for 4 spots. No wonder I got an interview! Definitely a kick to the ego knowing the stats. I can't wrap my head around those numbers especially with a $15k tuition. All this time I thought that perfect penmanship is what pushed me over. How are you able to see the #'s of applicants/ school btw?
I don't think you can. This is why most programs will say "please email me a 2x2 photo" or require it to be sent in the mail. That said, what I did for programs who wanted a 2x2 but the program did not specifically say to email or mail it I scanned a 2x2 photo and saved it as a word document and added it as an "extra page" to my personal statement. You can individually select personal statements to be sent to specific schools so I just uploaded the PS with the photo attached to those schools asking for one but not asking for it to be mailed/ emailed.anyone know where to upload the 2 x 2 photo on the PASS app?
Hope that helps.
Anybody know the reasoning behind UAB's "handwritten personal statement... in your own handwriting in ink and uploaded into the ADEA PASS application."??
Are they hoping your handwriting will be good or spectacularly bad? Do they have a FBI handwriting analyst on staff?
That is so odd.....
also wondering this, as I took it this year! I just emailed Yolanda Jones, the ADEA PASS representative. I'd assume if you sent the scores to each school, then no need to send official scores to PASS (but might be easier and worth the $45) just my take!
Curious about this too, trying to figure out how to get the ADAT scores sent to PASS.
I may be blind, but I don't see a place to upload my personal statement..help?
Thank you!Add your schools first. Then click on them on by one and add the PS
endohopeful28
Full Member
Thank you very much, that's incredibly helpful! I truly appreciate it!Wow, 12 applicants for 4 spots. No wonder I got an interview! Definitely a kick to the ego knowing the stats. I can't wrap my head around those numbers especially with a $15k tuition. All this time I thought that perfect penmanship is what pushed me over. How are you able to see the #'s of applicants/ school btw?
I don't think you can. This is why most programs will say "please email me a 2x2 photo" or require it to be sent in the mail. That said, what I did for programs who wanted a 2x2 but the program did not specifically say to email or mail it I scanned a 2x2 photo and saved it as a word document and added it as an "extra page" to my personal statement. You can individually select personal statements to be sent to specific schools so I just uploaded the PS with the photo attached to those schools asking for one but not asking for it to be mailed/ emailed.
Hope that helps.
apparently if you send the scores to at least one program, it’s automatically sent to PASS... or at least that’s what it says in the ADAT manual!Curious about this too, trying to figure out how to get the ADAT scores sent to PASS.
Last edited:
I am having the same issue. "error 4" comes out when I try to submit the supplemental application. Anyway find a solution?anyone know where to upload the 2 x 2 photo on the PASS app?
I’m also having trouble submitting the penn supplemental, I keep getting an error message?
endohopeful28
Full Member
Yes, same with me! I emailed them and tried to call, no luck. I'll let you know if I hear anything!I am having the same issue. "error 4" comes out when I try to submit the supplemental application. Anyway find a solution?
Columbia has waived ADAT. I don’t know about UOP. Does anyone know if UOP waived the ADAT?Will UOP waive ADAT this year or require it?
Columbia?
Since personal statements are uploaded files and no longer copied into a text box, do you still follow the same formatting guidelines? No indentations, 5200 characters max (w/ spaces). And Word doc or PDF?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Word doc or pdf is fine. Just one page for a personal statement usually.Since personal statements are uploaded files and no longer copied into a text box, do you still follow the same formatting guidelines? No indentations, 5200 characters max (w/ spaces). And Word doc or PDF?
Does anyone know how to submit the NBDE PART 1 and 2 scores to ADEA PASS?
Does anyone know how to submit the NBDE PART 1 and 2 scores to ADEA PASS?
Here you go. And yes, supposedly ADAT automatically uploads scores to PASS. Can anyone confirm if you can actually see that anywhere on your PASS application?
Official NBDE Scores
Send your official NBDE scores to ADEA PASS or troubleshoot missing test scores.
Here you go. And yes, supposedly ADAT automatically uploads scores to PASS. Can anyone confirm if you can actually see that anywhere on your PASS application?
![]()
Official NBDE Scores
Send your official NBDE scores to ADEA PASS or troubleshoot missing test scores.help.liaisonedu.com
THANK YOU!
Is it required for us to send our official score report?
THANK YOU!
Is it required for us to send our official score report?
I would. The IEF no longer includes it (gee I wonder why $$$) so you have to send it yourself.
I heard they “prefer it” but it is not required to apply source: current UOP resident corrected someone on a thread talking about ADAT and Endo applications.Columbia has waived ADAT. I don’t know about UOP. Does anyone know if UOP waived the ADAT?
ere you go. And yes, supposedly ADAT automatically uploads scores to PASS. Can anyone confirm if you can actually see that anywhere on your PASS application?
Last year mine just magically appeared one day. I do think I had to call the same people who handle your DAT/part1/part2 scores and they uploaded it for me? Can’t remember it was a year ago and this application stuff is a nightmare. A lot of programs prefer you to email your “unofficial” score directly to a program director. UMKC rings a bell. Most schools just want to see you putting your best foot forward. Reach out and ask the programs you are interested in how they would prefer to receive it. But my advice is to NOT harass the individual programs.
Guys.. you are going to have to borderline harass the ADEA PASS people. I think I ended up sending in my application BEFORE official nbde scores got uploaded because they had such a problem with uploading the official scores last year. I pray this has been resolved. Schools can and will review an “incomplete application” so long as that incomplete portion is a “passing score” from the nbde. I mean how much do you think that will negatively affect your application? Not all schools will allow this however! I do remember calling Indiana to see if they had my application. They said “yes, but we have not reviewed it due to no nbde. I sent the nbde directly to Indiana for $40 or whatever and the next day it was complete.
Good luck!
Hey guys,
does anybody know whats the tuition for Columbia?
does anybody know whats the tuition for Columbia?
Hey guys,
does anybody know whats the tuition for Columbia?
All that information is easily found on the internet. And guys, as said above, if you have questions about a program, PASS info, or ADA info (DAT, Boards, etc) then call them. I know it’s stressful and a lot of info being passed around, but they are there to help.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone know the email to send NBDE scores to for Uconn?
"Please mail your completed application along with supplemental information (letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) to University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine Program of interest. You will find addresses and names of each Program on our website"Anyone know the email to send NBDE scores to for Uconn?
Erica Zaffetti
Administrative Program Coordinator
Division of Endodontology
263 Farmington Avenue, MC 1715
Farmington, CT 06030
Phone: 860-679-2719
Fax: 860-679-2208
Email: [email protected]
That's the program administrator who will organize all your supplemental information. If you want to double check or have questions you call them. That took me 1 minute, btw. Again, every website has the all the information you guys need including administrative contacts to call.
Yeah he's right, just call the PASS number at 617-612-2065. They're helpful and polite.
That said, they did seem unaware of the problems self-reporting ADAT and will look into it. But your official ADAT scores should populate under "Standardized Tests" under your Check Status tab. Mine did today.
That said, they did seem unaware of the problems self-reporting ADAT and will look into it. But your official ADAT scores should populate under "Standardized Tests" under your Check Status tab. Mine did today.
Is anybody else missing the "Standardized Tests" tab in Check Status? I just have Transcripts/Evaluations/Institutional Evaluations.
That section won't show until PASS uploads your scores.
endohopeful28
Full Member
if you send official undergrad transcripts to PASS, is there a need to upload the unofficial copy as well? thanks guys!
Has Columbia really waived ADAT though? They are saying if the exam is available before the application deadline, they will require you to take it. I can't tell if the exam is available for July (no dates open in my area), definitely not for June per the pearson vue website. But if it is available in July, you will have to take it before the admissions committee makes its decision.Columbia has waived ADAT. I don’t know about UOP. Does anyone know if UOP waived the ADAT?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since personal statements are uploaded files and no longer copied into a text box, do you still follow the same formatting guidelines? No indentations, 5200 characters max (w/ spaces). And Word doc or PDF?
I think under 2 page is acceptable. Mine is longer than 5200 characters w/ spaces by a hair and it was submitted no problem. I personally prefer PDF so the formatting stays the same.
On another note, did you guys see that Einstein wants everything in by June 1st?
To be considered, please submit your completed online application by June 1, 2020
Last edited:
this was the million dollar question for me last year. however last year is not this year. I hope they have streamlined the process this year but I waited at least 5-7 business days with everything else completed and no NBDE uploaded. I made the decision to send my application to schools w/o them officially uploaded. not sure if you can still do this. pick up the phone and ask ADEA PASS. BTW- I was taught in dental school to consult 2 or 3 sources (textbooks) before taking any one at face value. What i'm getting at is don't take what 1 ADEA PASS representative tells you as law. I found many of the employees contradicted each other. ask to speak to higher ups.How long does it typically take for NBDE score to be posted on PASS check status?
I had an ex-program director read my personal statement for advice. this person is now retired, however, one thing this individual felt strongly about is: "You never want them to have to turn a page"I think under 2 page is acceptable.
that was a program directors advice. not sure I 100% agree but do what you want with it.
On another note, did you guys see that Einstein wants everything in by June 1st?![]()
not unique in my opinion. there is a reason I submitted my application before I had official NBDE scores uploaded.
good luck all.
How long does it typically take for NBDE score to be posted on PASS check status?
I sent my NBDE request on Thursday, and they posted today. ADAT posted yesterday.
Mine are posted as well.I sent my NBDE request on Thursday, and they posted today.
I called to ask about the timeline for electronic transcripts from dental school. They said that their technology to accept electronic transcripts will be up and running on Monday 18th, and those who submitted on Thursday should have theirs posted around that time.
Last edited:
Anyone having a hard time with the experience section? It wont let me save and cont.
endohopeful28
Full Member
i believe the website said 5 business days....praying no longer than that ahhahaHow long does it typically take for NBDE score to be posted on PASS check status?
endohopeful28
Full Member
it shows up after they are processed and uploaded apparently!Where in the PASS app can you check the status of NBDE? I can't seem to find it...
endohopeful28
Full Member
i read 5 business days!How long does it typically take for NBDE score to be posted on PASS check status?
tuition and fees are about 200k for 2 years, they might increase a little due to Covid, room and board is about 50k for 2 yearsHey guys,
does anybody know whats the tuition for Columbia?
Click on "Check Status" and its under "Standardized Test"where can we check the status of NBDE scores uploading to PASS?
Hi! How does ADEA Pass report your official NBDE scores? Will it say the exact dates you took the exam and whether or not you Pass or will it just confirm your self reported scores? Thank you!
For the applicants, it just shows the date it was taken and when PASS received the score. But I'm sure the results of the exam can be seen by the schools.Hi! How does ADEA Pass report your official NBDE scores? Will it say the exact dates you took the exam and whether or not you Pass or will it just confirm your self reported scores? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else getting an error when trying to submit the Penn supplemental application?
When you request NBDE score to be released, it is sent out as one. But it is uploaded to PASS as 2 separate sections: 1 for NBDE part 1 and 1 for NBDE part 2. That's really odd that only part 1 is shown. Try to contact them.I requested a NBDE score report (I didn't seen option to send NBDE 1 vs 2 separately) to be sent to PASS. My NBDE 1 shows up as received under standardized scores but NBDE 2 doesn't. Was I supposed to send both separately somehow or does PASS only show one?
Seems like it is a problem encountered by many. I reached out via email and phone but no response yet.Is anyone else getting an error when trying to submit the Penn supplemental application?
endohopeful28
Full Member
Reached out via email and phone, but no luck. Will let you know if I hear anything!Is anyone else getting an error when trying to submit the Penn supplemental application?
Is it smart to submit your application before all the official scores are loaded, LOR, deans letter,ect. Pretty much pushing apply even though you are waiting on somethings to come in?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 847
- Views
- 267K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 205
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 399K