This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lutzomyia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm having trouble deciding between the global epidemiology MPH programs at U Michigan (MPH global health epi), Emory (MSPH GLEPI), and JHU (MSPH GDEC) - I have some questions for current and former students from any of these programs/schools (or anyone else who can answer), any insight is appreciated!

I'd love to hear more about the pros and cons of each program, particularly regarding (global) research opportunities both during school and after graduation, atmosphere (between students and interaction with faculty) and work/life balance. I've attended some webinars and talked to students from both Emory and UMich, and both schools seem to have a very welcoming atmosphere, with accessible faculty and that it shouldn't be hard to find a research position during 1st year, but I haven't been able to find much information on Hopkins. If anyone has lived in Baltimore recently, I'd also love to hear your opinion - I've never lived in a big city before and feel uneasy about the safety... - what is the current situation like? Is it really as bad as it seems in the media?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.