MD co ‘20 Residency Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh ok thanks! Is it required to get this service? or do you think it’s super helpful?

You dont have to sign up for it. Like I said, you get a personalized link they send you through ERAS/email. If they send it to you, you need to schedule through it.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
You dont have to sign up for it. Like I said, you get a personalized link they send you through ERAS/email. If they send it to you, you need to schedule through it.

Oh awesome, thanks so much for the information. Much appreciated

Reactions: 1 user
That interview spreadsheet is toxic for my mental and physical health but I'm still going to check it 50 times a day.

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
60 times at least.

Hi, can anyone please post the interview spreadsheet link for me? I tried googling it but too many links came up and I wasn’t sure which one you are all looking at. Got a rejection last evening from VCU, family med. Thanks.

Hi, can anyone please post the interview spreadsheet link for me? I tried googling it but too many links came up and I wasn’t sure which one you are all looking at. Got a rejection last evening from VCU, family med. Thanks.

For everyone. Idk where on SDN there is a comprehensive list.

WHYY DO PROGRAMS SEND OUT MORE IV’S THAN ACTUAL SLOTS?!?

/rant

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
WHYY DO PROGRAMS SEND OUT MORE IV’S THAN ACTUAL SLOTS?!?

/rant
What??? Interview slots are already full? I haven’t gotten one single invite yet! My hope for matching this year is slowing but surely eroding...

Reactions: 2 users
What??? Interview slots are already full? I haven’t gotten one single invite yet! My hope for matching this year is slowing but surely eroding...
Remember they will want to fill interview slots for close dates first, and more dates may appear on their scheduling calendars after early dates are filled.

Will updating my ERAS personal info with my NRMP # change when programs think I submitted my app? I originally submitted the complete app before Sep 15th and I don’t want to screw myself. @aProgDirector

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember they will want to fill interview slots for close dates first, and more dates may appear on their scheduling calendars after early dates are filled.

No, this one program was completely full through January. But it’s a small community FM program.

Will updating my ERAS personal info with my NRMP # change when programs think I submitted my app? I originally submitted the complete app before Sep 15th and I don’t want to screw myself. @aProgDirector

It didnt change mine.

It didnt change mine.
I just did and now it says “application transferred on 9/18” while everything else is transferred on 9/15 on the applied programs tab. On the dashboard it says submitted before 9/15 and personal info updated today. Hopefully programs still see that I had everything in on time -_-

I just did and now it says “application transferred on 9/18” while everything else is transferred on 9/15 on the applied programs tab. On the dashboard it says submitted before 9/15 and personal info updated today. Hopefully programs still see that I had everything in on time -_-

Only thing on mine that changed at all was the personal info piece.

Everything else says submitted on 9/14

Only thing on mine that changed at all was the personal info piece.

Everything else says submitted on 9/14
Where do you see that? What does it say under each applied program when you go to “applied programs” then under each program “track assigned documents”

Where do you see that? What does it say under each applied program when you go to “applied programs” then under each program “track assigned documents”

It says i applied on 9/14.

Interviewing in October is not more advantageous than interviewing in, say, November? Right?

Another FM IV (west coast), came out of nowhere. Was literally just talking about how I'm not getting any invites. Keep your heads up guys, they're coming!

Received a FM interview earlier today from Florida for October. Hours later got a message from another program, also from Florida, saying they will not be interviewing me.

Got two invites today. For the first one, it was through ERAS, the second was an email I had to reply to.
Attention to all: the first invite via ERAS, which presented with 5 available dates, all completely went from available > waitlist > full in 2-3 hours. I hate to say this, but: stay on high alert!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Yikes. I havent had this experience at all. I've gotten 4 and was able to sign up after my ICU shift each time. Time to start taking my laptop with me.

Yikes. I havent had this experience at all. I've gotten 4 and was able to sign up after my ICU shift each time. Time to start taking my laptop with me.
Yeah, I'm at a sub-I right now, and I'm very much DGAF at this point. I'd rather blow an audition in this fashion than risk not getting interviews. Ofc still try to be tactful, but you're investing 1/4-1/2 mil into this, now is not the time to be "polite". I gave everyone I know a big heads up about the whole thing, so at least they won't think I just got a match on tinder instead. Two can play this game, PDs....

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
No, it won't. And even if it did, a small change like that won't matter. But it won't.
Interviewing in October is not more advantageous than interviewing in, say, November? Right?
No, it's not. Programs usually review applicants after their interview days, and start building a rough rank list or compile notes/reviews. Even if you interview the last day, you can be at the top of the list.

Incredible. I’ve had 3 that were completely full in 5 freaking minutes

How is that even possible? Shouldn't availability be all the way out to January? You are telling me these programs released enough invites to fill all of those dates in 5 min? Wow. In hindsight I should've said 3 since WashU uses their own process..but the other 3 were academic SE programs and looking now 2 days later, there are still open dates.

How is that even possible? Shouldn't availability be all the way out to January? You are telling me these programs released enough invites to fill all of those dates in 5 min? Wow. In hindsight I should've said 3 since WashU uses their own process..but the other 3 were academic SE programs and looking now 2 days later, there are still open dates.
I have no idea. 2 of these sent out more invites than spots as I was 5 minutes and 1 second “late” for both. And yup booked through Jan

• Wow
I have no idea. 2 of these sent out more invites than spots as I was 5 minutes and 1 second “late” for both. And yup booked through Jan
Wait, so what happens when they're full? You don't get an interview slot? LOL. Is this serious?

Too many unfunny jokes in this process.

Last edited:

You got an interview at Wash U?

You got an interview at Wash U?
Yeah, pretty sure they screen with 250 + AOA cause that's what most people have who got an invite. This is for IM btw. Also remember this process can be very random..so dont be afraid to have some reaches if you can afford it.

Last edited:
I'm like afraid to take naps now

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah, pretty sure they screen with 250 + AOA cause that's what most people have who got an invite. This is for IM btw. Also remember this process can be very random..so dont be afraid to have some reaches if you can afford it.

So can we interpret that all offers have been made from wash u based on the spreadsheet?

So can we interpret that all offers have been made from wash u based on the spreadsheet?
Would someone mind providing a link to the spreadsheet? I think I found one on reddit but for some reason it's view only

Wait, so what happens when they're full? You don't get an interview slot? LOL. Is this serious?

Too many unfunny jokes in this process.
yes I didn’t get an interview x2 as a result :(

I'm like afraid to take naps now
The day goes a lot better if you just resign yourself like I have that you'll get no more interviews and to just not worry about it anymore lololololol.
But in all seriousness my hopefulness is gone, I'm absolutely cynical and have unsubscribed to so many emails that have slipped through into my gmail alerts. "Screw you chase bank I don't care if I have cash back" "AMA morning rounds? Never again!"

Reactions: 3 users

For this week? Probably. But for the whole season? No. WashU interviews around 500 per season..so there are plenty more that will come. I think before Dean's letter, they screen with boards and AOA. After Dean's letter I'm sure plenty of more interviews will come.

For this week? Probably. But for the whole season? No. WashU interviews around 500 per season..so there are plenty more that will come. I think before Dean's letter, they screen with boards and AOA. After Dean's letter I'm sure plenty of more interviews will come.
It’s my impression the same goes for most larger programs in other specialties.

The day goes a lot better if you just resign yourself like I have that you'll get no more interviews and to just not worry about it anymore lololololol.
But in all seriousness my hopefulness is gone, I'm absolutely cynical and have unsubscribed to so many emails that have slipped through into my gmail alerts. "Screw you chase bank I don't care if I have cash back" "AMA morning rounds? Never again!"

Just create a new email specifically for eras and set that one to ring.

If you arent hearing anything and it is November..then I'd understand. But it's not even Oct.1...most programs dont bother until after then.

Just create a new email specifically for eras and set that one to ring.
Fair idea, but I don't want to change things now and then have an email I won't access after the season that is out in the world as a professional contact.
If you arent hearing anything and it is November..then I'd understand. But it's not even Oct.1...most programs dont bother until after then.
That was about 85% a joke. I just know a lot of people feel anxiety of the season.

Fair idea, but I don't want to change things now and then have an email I won't access after the season that is out in the world as a professional contact.

That was about 85% a joke. I just know a lot of people feel anxiety of the season.
If we can’t panic in this thread then what’s the point?! Lol

Reactions: 7 users
Got an interview for a program i did not think i was competitive for...

Reactions: 15 users
Are we serious? What if the interview invites come in when I am driving? I will need at least a few mins to safely get off of the road to respond. Is this for real? Can someone who have gone through this process before or any PD or PC can shed some light whether it is that insane ?