This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those of you who have had their interviews already, how were they? Mine is next week!

Members don't see this ad.

And now the 4 months of agonizing wait begin!

Members don't see this ad :)
should we start to lose hope if we haven't heard back yet?

Does it still say "application complete" (not "at screening"or "screening complete") on the home page for anyone else? Does this status mean anything?

Anyone other than ttamiir have their interview? If so, how did it go?

Wow I've been swamped with schoolwork so I completely forgot about this. Still haven't heard a peep but my app says "application complete".... is this rolling admission?

Called on Friday and they said they're still reviewing apps

Received a rejection letter just now - a little disappointed, but I didn't feel that my flex was quite as strong as what I've seen from past applicants. Either way, it's good to know for sure that I'm preparing for a traditional application cycle in the future :D

Rejected. Disappointed but not surprised. It was a long shot from the get go.

did rejection letters only start being sent out recently?? so everyone who got notified earlier was for interviews??

I got my reject letter last week :( i thought i had a good chance of getting an interview

Members don't see this ad :)

First year sinai students dropped a mix tape last night!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get a reminder to send in winter semester transcripts recently?

Flexmed is seeking a specific type of applicant, so being rejected does not imply there is something in need of fixing. In my case the rejection forced me to prioritize studying for the MCAT and consolidating my EC's.

Just curious, does anyone know if the Flexmed program chooses alternates for a waitlist? Also, they said that we will not get our decisions until the start of July right?

I wanted to share my experience. Two years ago I was sorely disappointed that I was not accepted in Flexmed after interviewing for the program. The sense of community at Mount Sinai made me fall in love with the school, gave me a sense of what collaborative learning feels like, and strengthened my resolve to pursue medicine. Sure, it would have been great to devote time to more exciting endeavors than studying for the MCAT while gaining acceptance to a great school in a supportive learning environment, but things don't always turn out the way you hope. Fast forward two years I can say that putting together my application for Flexmed undoubtedly helped me prepare for the general application process in terms of obtaining letters, thinking about packaging my extracurriculars, and most importantly putting thought into my personal statement. Flash forward two years, the application cycle went extremely well for me. In addition to an acceptance to Mount Sinai where my demonstrated interest in their program surely helped, I was blessed to ultimately choose between a large merit scholarship at a historically top 5 program as well as full cost of attendance merit scholarships at both UCLA and NYU. For those of you who will be getting good news from Flexmed this year, I wish to extend my congratulations, and maybe we'll cross paths in Manhattan! To the others, don't be discouraged. This whole process is incredibly random. I was rejected from a lower ranked private medical school in my home state and not even offered an interview from other lower ranked schools. Nonetheless, things worked out well for me and in some ways my Flexmed rejection was the best thing that could have happened.

Wow, full ride to NYU and UCLA is incredible. Glad it worked out for you!

I was thinking about it and realized they've probably made decisions by now already... I mean at interviews they told us decisions will be out by Jul 1, and I think last year they were out around Jun 29? Considering we're like 5 days out, they have to be done. It's weirdly soothing knowing that at this point there isn't a miraculous update email I could send that would swing things in my favor.

Only a couple days left! So anxious for the result! I was the only non ivy/mit/stanford in my interview round. Hope it goes well.

How do you think your guys' interviews went?

Only a couple days left! So anxious for the result! I was the only non ivy/mit/stanford in my interview round. Hope it goes well.

How do you think your guys' interviews went?

There were actually three (including me) non-ivy/MIT/Stanford people my day, so don't worry! I feel like I had one really good interview and one average one, definitely getting anxious though! How did everyone else's interview go?

I go to a top 10 school, but it's not an ivy/mit/stanford - I was definitely intimidated by all the ivy kids at my interview lol. My interviews felt amazing though, I really connected with both interviewers and I was pretty confident/specific with my flex plan.
I feel like most people there seemed charming and confident though, so I have no idea how I did comparatively.

Reactions: 2 users
I've always wondered how schools use interviews, it seems like the majority feel pretty good after them... oh well!

TBH I go to an ivy and I don't think it helps too much. It's what you've done that really makes the difference!!

Do you guys think it will come by Friday or the weekend, July 1st? Last Year it came out a little earlier

didnt apply but have a question to all that did—Why did you apply? Do you want to know you got in somewhere? Dont want to take the MCAT? What is it about the program that is so appealing? I dont get why you would apply as a sophomore, since, assuming you keep doing well, you can get in to the same level of school as a senior applicant and have more options?

Mount Sinai is a good school, but nothing spectacular, right? So why limit yourself to only there if you can keep the scores and apply to top tier schools in a few years, like HMS?

Do you guys think it will come by Friday or the weekend, July 1st? Last Year it came out a little earlier

I think it came out a couple of days early in prior years. Therefore hoping it is the same this year too !

didnt apply but have a question to all that did—Why did you apply? Do you want to know you got in somewhere? Dont want to take the MCAT? What is it about the program that is so appealing? I dont get why you would apply as a sophomore, since, assuming you keep doing well, you can get in to the same level of school as a senior applicant and have more options?

Mount Sinai is a good school, but nothing spectacular, right? So why limit yourself to only there if you can keep the scores and apply to top tier schools in a few years, like HMS?

I applied because I live in NYC and want to stay here for medical school, and Sinai would therefore be a perfect school for me in that regard

I think it came out a couple of days early in prior years. Therefore hoping it is the same this year too !

I think it only came out early last year, no? the years before that were dead on July 1 if I remember correctly

I think it only came out early last year, no? the years before that were dead on July 1 if I remember correctly
The first is a Saturday (as I'm sure everyone is aware of at this point) so I would think they would let us know on Friday at the latest? Seems odd that they would send it out on a weekend, but that could also just be wishful thinking because I will be on a 5 hour plane ride for most of July 1st!

Friend who applied last year said they were out June 29- I'm hoping they choose to do it before the Jul 1 weekend, as opposed to after lol.
Best of luck to you all though; I think that at this point everyone (even those who don't get in) probably deserved it

Have you guys looked at the McKinsey option/track that icahn offers? That seems really attractive to me. Business + medicine = win!

For my interview, I think I crushed one and the other was pretty good. Somehow, I discovered in one of my interviews that the interviewer and I always go to the same cookie shop!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We all had our own specific reasons. And for the record, being a top 20 med school which is rising through the ranks at a crazy rate does qualify it as a spectacular med school.

just got an unrelated email from sinai and almost had a heart attack before i realized it wasn't the admissions decision haha

that email hit me out of nowhere :( I was so confident too man this sucks

ouch same, rejected
whatever, on to other things
congrats to whoever made it in!

What were your guys stats who were accepted? I was rejected with a 3.98...