Game Night WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t read what I missed since last posting, but I did read this last write up. Dunno if anyone else is familiar with Bang! but there’s definitely a serial killer/chaos role out there, based on this last write up

Okay. Now I’m off to the gym. When I get back, I’ll catch up

Seconding Dina’s sentiment. And do you then believe that the serial killer is the delayed kill or the non-delayed kill.

More important question: are you the serial killer? I am pretty okay with an outer serial killer working with village.

Members don't see this ad.

What makes you think this considering nobody died last night?
There are plenty of mechanistic possibilities for a no death. Previous write ups have given hints. The mods intentionally chose to mention the Renegade role in the write up, which works pretty much exactly like a serial killer does. I don’t think that’s a coincidence

Reactions: 1 user
Seconding Dina’s sentiment. And do you then believe that the serial killer is the delayed kill or the non-delayed kill.

More important question: are you the serial killer? I am pretty okay with an outer serial killer working with village.
I don’t have an answer to the first question

The answer to the second is (perhaps unfortunately?) no. I’ve never been a third party and this game is no different.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of mechanistic possibilities for a no death. Previous write ups have given hints. The mods intentionally chose to mention the Renegade role in the write up, which works pretty much exactly like a serial killer does. I don’t think that’s a coincidence

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where a NK and a serial killer death wouldn't have gone through last night

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where a NK and a serial killer death wouldn't have gone through last night

Do we know for a fact a delay kill didn’t go through last night? Genny was night 1, skimble was night 2.

Cubs
Dina
DVMD
finny

Sobsob
sporty

Nav
Barks

Pip/MsP
kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

Cubs - I probably have a tunneling problem. I'm going to ISO him to see if I can see anything that makes me want to move him. But the more I think about it the more the mayor vote bothers me.
DVMD - Didn't really like her dwelling on the finn issue today. Seemed more like posting just to post than actually wolf hunting since she didn't even end up voting.
Dina - I was bothered by some post today and can't remember at the moment what it was

Sobsob has moved up due to lack of content contributions. Barks has moved up to neutral to remind me to ISO her. She has seemed fine in our limited PM communications, but there's not much to go off of there.

Granator Dubz vig kills me, then votes to have me vig killed, then promises she'll leave me alone for a game, and then puts me at the top of her wolf list :rofl: :love:

If its the mayor vote youre really worried about, I've never voted for myself or been voted for in any of the games Ive played that had has this feature, simply because its not really appealing to me. This time I actually had a chance at it, and considered it will probably wont happen again for a long time, but the "penalty" part was holding me back. Ive recently been frozen in a forest for 1/3 of a game and vig killed immediately one time in 2 of out the last 3 games, so the last thing I wanted was to do was have to be posting in pictures of Mattel and Hasbro games to communicate. So I hadnt yet decided if I wanted to try it or not, and was also hesitant being something Ive never done before and not wanting to screw up the role somehow because I didnt know what it would entail. Honestly Mothers Day activities got in the way and I just not got around to voting in time. Turns out the penalties werent severe at all, and theres really not much influence I have over anything, Im just mentioned as the DM in the write ups.

I will say that if you are tiny (the person knows who I am referring to), it may be beneficial to somehow get your target for last night out there (wait to see if anyone claims to have had an attempted kill on them)

Also going to throw this out there so others who know Barkley better can weigh in.

Is Barkley an emotional player? And let me be clear, I don’t mean this in a bad way. Miz is an emotional player, and I like them as a player. Pippy can be an emotional player and I like them as a player.

The reason I ask is I was surprised how my vote for barkey was responded to earlier and I may have misjudged their play. Or they are generally an emotional player, which would have them at even more of a wolf lean at the moment. But I am a fallible person, and realize I too can maybe occasionally make errors (I am not that full of myself this is sarcasm). In all seriousness, with how pissed they were/likely still are at me, does their response seem... like how they would handle it if village?

You love your barkley tunnel dont you? She has been slightly less talkative this game, but she still giving village vibes to me. I think she's also afraid now that youve called her out to say something "wrong" that youre going to jump on her for and pin her down. Just my thought though based on how the last game went and how shes acting this game.

Granator Dubz vig kills me, then votes to have me vig killed, then promises she'll leave me alone for a game, and then puts me at the top of her wolf list :rofl: :love:

If its the mayor vote youre really worried about, I've never voted for myself or been voted for in any of the games Ive played that had has this feature, simply because its not really appealing to me. This time I actually had a chance at it, and considered it will probably wont happen again for a long time, but the "penalty" part was holding me back. Ive recently been frozen in a forest for 1/3 of a game and vig killed immediately one time in 2 of out the last 3 games, so the last thing I wanted was to do was have to be posting in pictures of Mattel and Hasbro games to communicate. So I hadnt yet decided if I wanted to try it or not, and was also hesitant being something Ive never done before and not wanting to screw up the role somehow because I didnt know what it would entail. Honestly Mothers Day activities got in the way and I just not got around to voting in time. Turns out the penalties werent severe at all, and theres really not much influence I have over anything, Im just mentioned as the DM in the write ups.

For me it’s a combo of who voted you in combination with the lack of enthusiasm there. Like even a post saying you wanted to be mayor. It just came off as a wolf who may not want it, as it makes them a larger target for the purposes of seering.

You also have sketch all over your posts always making you hard to read. You went for me on multiple nights, which lends itself to my ongoing fun theory f those that do that multiple times in a row when I am village have been wolf (that’s contributing only a couple of percent points, more just fun and interesting little things to note).

You love your barkley tunnel dont you? She has been slightly less talkative this game, but she still giving village vibes to me. I think she's also afraid now that youve called her out to say something "wrong" that youre going to jump on her for and pin her down. Just my thought though based on how the last game went and how shes acting this game.

I already acknowledged I may be in a tunnel. If you flip wolf, Barkley will be my next vote with this post.

For me it’s a combo of who voted you in combination with the lack of enthusiasm there. Like even a post saying you wanted to be mayor. It just came off as a wolf who may not want it, as it makes them a larger target for the purposes of seering.

You also have sketch all over your posts always making you hard to read. You went for me on multiple nights, which lends itself to my ongoing fun theory f those that do that multiple times in a row when I am village have been wolf (that’s contributing only a couple of percent points, more just fun and interesting little things to note).

I'll admit I do carry salt and may be tunneled on you a bit, but its because I didnt have another good wolf read yet. Now that its D3 I'll reevaluate and see if I find anyone who I want to vote for over you.

I'll admit I do carry salt and may be tunneled on you a bit, but its because I didnt have another good wolf read yet. Now that its D3 I'll reevaluate and see if I find anyone who I want to vote for over you.

I mean... you responded to about less than 5% of why I am voting for you. Feel free to vote me or not, it’s likely not changing where I end up today. Certain people weighing in on things may though, looking at how two-three people respond to things on the thread today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason people are jumping to serial killer and not just chaos in general?

Do we know for a fact a delay kill didn’t go through last night? Genny was night 1, skimble was night 2.

But wouldn't skimble have been considered a D2 kill?

Is there a reason people are jumping to serial killer and not just chaos in general?

I assume it's because of skimble dying or the premise of the renegade character in the game Bang! which was referenced in the write up.

I'm not sold on there being a serial killer.

Kinda wish she had gotten the chance to respond before everyone piled on last minute, I realize I started this but damn, not like my feels are seer info or something o_O

This post from WZ after the first lynch is what first made me get tingles to her possibly being a wolf.

That "oh noes, why did everyone follow me" innocent type post.... I've seen her do this as a wolf in the past. It isn't like she didn't notice this earlier... snowy was in the lead with 4 votes and hour before lynch closed and WZ posted at that time as well. So why not say "woah, woah why is everyone bandwagoning on my vote" back at that time. Between WZ's last post before close and lynch close there was only 1 additional vote made for snowy, so she could've said something if she really wasn't liking the bandwagon on her vote.

The "monday morning quaterbacking" posts are what always catch my attention as I see many wolves do just that.

For those of you who don’t know,,,I lost my dog Athena this past weekend, and I have not been in a happy place for the last few days....and those of you who know me well, know I would not use something like that to gain sympathy, just so you understand my mind has not been fully engaged. Today it is sunny, and I am trying to move forward and live life like she did:)

So enough of that mushy stuff.

1) I have been actively ignoring animal midwife, she got under my skin last game, and i know it is not personal, just out styles clash. Still, her tunneling on me seems kind of lame for her. A bit lazy TBH, so she is definitely in the watch list.
2) I think it is interesting in my reading I was actually thinking “WZ doesn’t seem wolfy to me” which is a bit unusual because WZ well knows I am always suspicious of her due to her ability to survive no matter how sketchy. Thus, I find DVMD’s take pretty interesting. I, too, look for those “don’t blame me” posts. Combined with my thinking she is a villager, more evidence of wolf adjacent.
3) I am village, and pretty sure I have a way to demonstrate that. Would like to keep it all vague for now, but please don’t Lynch me last minute when I am not around to defend myself.
4) usually i am on in mornings, but these days I am spending more time with my human/non human family, so I am on less predictably, sorry if that disturbs the SOV meta analysis.

Finally, there is always a lot of stuff going on here and no one seems to answer, these other games going on, my role has nothing like that. I am not sure if some of it is fluff with you guys and the writeups are just flare, or if there is as usual something occurring I just don’t get.

I plan on coming back later so would like to mull more before voting,

For those of you who don’t know,,,I lost my dog Athena this past weekend, and I have not been in a happy place for the last few days....and those of you who know me well, know I would not use something like that to gain sympathy, just so you understand my mind has not been fully engaged. Today it is sunny, and I am trying to move forward and live life like she did:)

I'm sorry for your loss, SOV.
Athena is a pretty name for a dog.

(Sorry for breaking rules, Kara -- I won't do it again after this).

Reactions: 1 users

So enough of that mushy stuff.

1) I have been actively ignoring animal midwife, she got under my skin last game, and i know it is not personal, just out styles clash. Still, her tunneling on me seems kind of lame for her. A bit lazy TBH, so she is definitely in the watch list.
2) I think it is interesting in my reading I was actually thinking “WZ doesn’t seem wolfy to me” which is a bit unusual because WZ well knows I am always suspicious of her due to her ability to survive no matter how sketchy. Thus, I find DVMD’s take pretty interesting. I, too, look for those “don’t blame me” posts. Combined with my thinking she is a villager, more evidence of wolf adjacent.
3) I am village, and pretty sure I have a way to demonstrate that. Would like to keep it all vague for now, but please don’t Lynch me last minute when I am not around to defend myself.
4) usually i am on in mornings, but these days I am spending more time with my human/non human family, so I am on less predictably, sorry if that disturbs the SOV meta analysis.

Finally, there is always a lot of stuff going on here and no one seems to answer, these other games going on, my role has nothing like that. I am not sure if some of it is fluff with you guys and the writeups are just flare, or if there is as usual something occurring I just don’t get.

I plan on coming back later so would like to mull more before voting,

This post puts you much more in village territory than I had previously, but by when will you be able to demonstrate your villagerness? More to eat Mark for later to remember whether you did the thing or not

D4 official Lynch tally
Sov (2)
- AM, nav
cubs (1) - dubs

voting: 3/15
SOV is in the lead
deadline: 7 hrs

Ah I am still on SoV.

******unlynch whoever, Lynch cubs*****

Phone is dying and I am in bumble**** doing neuters today, so won’t be back for a few hours unless my 1% battery holds out better than expected

Night 3

Looks like it's time to recreate a spaghetti western shoot-out. The outlaws hunt the Sheriff. The Sheriff hunts the Outlaws. The Renegade plots secretly, ready to take one side or the other. Bullets fly. Then Bang!

No one has died

It is now Day 4. Lynch will close at 10pm EST

Players:

1. @Dinashadow
2. @StartingoverVet
3. @mizchiefmanaged
4. @DVMDream
7. @WildZoo
9. @finnickthedog
10. @Animal Midwife
11. @Barkley13
12. @SportPonies
13. @cubsrule4e
14. @dolphin106258
15. @Navilly
16. @Ms Procrastinator (formerly pippy)
17. @katashark
19. @genny

Battleships Sunk
18. snowy, village neighbor
5. jboo, village ability absorber thief
8. allieh, vanillager
6. skim, village designated survivors
This actually made me think of a weird bomb/ninja/samurai thing but no one exploded so I guess that's not quite right. I am also confused about why serial killer and not just chaos though.

You didn't address the most important part of my feels for you. The mayor vote gave me a weird feeling but my main concern was that three days in you had 3 strategy posts and they were all directed at or related to nav. That kind of narrow focus doesn't lead me to believe you are wolf hunting.
This post from WZ after the first lynch is what first made me get tingles to her possibly being a wolf.

That "oh noes, why did everyone follow me" innocent type post.... I've seen her do this as a wolf in the past. It isn't like she didn't notice this earlier... snowy was in the lead with 4 votes and hour before lynch closed and WZ posted at that time as well. So why not say "woah, woah why is everyone bandwagoning on my vote" back at that time. Between WZ's last post before close and lynch close there was only 1 additional vote made for snowy, so she could've said something if she really wasn't liking the bandwagon on her vote.

The "monday morning quaterbacking" posts are what always catch my attention as I see many wolves do just that.
There were two votes for her in the last 5 minutes. Others she had plenty of time to respond to, but skimble and Allie (who it turns out were both villagers so whatever) both voted for her right before lynch closed, knowing she hadn't checked in. That's what I was referring to, not the overall lynch, which I had no problem with and did not ask not to be blamed for.
Pretty sure this also falls under the category of always thinking I'm sketchy ;) you said something very similar the last time we were both village

I’m going to be busy possibly until lynch closes so I’m going to get this out now before I’m gone to get my hair done for the rest of the day (I wish I was kidding). I’ll check in when I can.

As a preface, I am HORRIBLE at reading AM, DVMD, cubs, and barks, and that is likely part of the reason they’re higher up on my reads list. I tend to tunnel WZ. While I am a bit surprised that no one had killed Nav yet, I guess that’s neither here nor there at the moment. This runs from most wolfy to least.

Barks/cubs
DVMD
Dina
AM
Nav
WZ
Everyone else

Unfortunately, a lot of this is just based on gut feels. DVMD, I’ve not played with you yet but I’ve stalked old games with you in it. The cubs mayoral thing is interesting to me, and after reading back over it I could absolutely throw a lynch vote in that direction. I feel as if both cubs and barks have been a bit opportunistic with the Nav lynched, which is why I’ve got them near the top.

I feel like my MO for games thus far is to sort of flop around helplessly in the beginning and have a firmer grasp on things a bit more the middle.

I’m going to be busy possibly until lynch closes so I’m going to get this out now before I’m gone to get my hair done for the rest of the day (I wish I was kidding). I’ll check in when I can.

As a preface, I am HORRIBLE at reading AM, DVMD, cubs, and barks, and that is likely part of the reason they’re higher up on my reads list. I tend to tunnel WZ. While I am a bit surprised that no one had killed Nav yet, I guess that’s neither here nor there at the moment. This runs from most wolfy to least.

Barks/cubs
DVMD
Dina
AM
Nav
WZ
Everyone else

Unfortunately, a lot of this is just based on gut feels. DVMD, I’ve not played with you yet but I’ve stalked old games with you in it. The cubs mayoral thing is interesting to me, and after reading back over it I could absolutely throw a lynch vote in that direction. I feel as if both cubs and barks have been a bit opportunistic with the Nav lynched, which is why I’ve got them near the top.

I feel like my MO for games thus far is to sort of flop around helplessly in the beginning and have a firmer grasp on things a bit more the middle.

Meh, no hard feels. The pattern for me is that when I am village the vast majority of people think I am wolf. When I am wolf, everyone thinks I am neutral to village. So this is on par for normal village me to be a suspect wolf this early on.

I have ways to defend myself/lend to my villagerness should they be needed but going to hold off unless absolutely necessary.

lynch cubs

Not a lot to go off of here so I may change my mind if he talks more.

Other existing feels are sporty and AM (but in regards to AM... I feel she's wolfy about 90% of the time and I'm wrong about 80% of the time so I usually don't vote there unless other people are feeling it too)

So that's frustrating that SOV isn't going to reply to any of my questions.

I'm trying something new, guys!

@Barkley13 what's your reads list? I know you mentioned Nav several times, anyone else you getting ~*~*~vIbEs*~*~ from?
I’ve been feeling a little better about nav today and worse about cubs. Also have been finding kata, MsP, and you sketchy but want to find concrete reasons for why I feel that way

Based on earlier posts, sporty is more villagey to me. Maybe others can say why they find sporty sketchy?

I'm equally concerned about cubs and barks. I haven't played with bark before, so don't really know the style. I don't find sov sketchy, just quieter due to real life.

Since there is traction here, and I agree about the mayor vote, I will also lynch cubs. Hope we get a defense there, unlike nav. I will change if needed.

lynch cubs

Man I want to lynch kata now because her post and vote bothers me but I feel like miz will call me opportunistic again because AM did it first

Ah well

Lynch kata

Man I want to lynch kata now because her post and vote bothers me but I feel like miz will call me opportunistic again because AM did it first

Ah well

Lynch kata

I'm concerned about her comment about feeling better about miz last night even though Miz had posted once that day. Then she never really explained it after I asked and clarified it.

I'm concerned about her comment about feeling better about miz last night even though Miz had posted once that day. Then she never really explained it after I asked and clarified it.
Yeah I also asked her what about miz's posts made her feel better and the answer didn't make me feel better about either of them

You didn't address the most important part of my feels for you. The mayor vote gave me a weird feeling but my main concern was that three days in you had 3 strategy posts and they were all directed at or related to nav. That kind of narrow focus doesn't lead me to believe you are wolf hunting.

I admitted there is some tunneling going on so trying to relax my sodium chloride levels.

I admitted there is some tunneling going on so trying to relax my sodium chloride levels.

Are you relaxing your other salt levels though?

I will say that the lynch that is formed on cubs does not have the same feel as the one yesterday that I called out. However, there are people on the lynch that feel off with how they voted, so I need to look back on that when I am back at a computer. Likely won’t get another post off at 1% so see you all in 2ish hours

lynch cubs

Not a lot to go off of here so I may change my mind if he talks more.

Other existing feels are sporty and AM (but in regards to AM... I feel she's wolfy about 90% of the time and I'm wrong about 80% of the time so I usually don't vote there unless other people are feeling it too)
Either this or kata's vote is a bus if cubs flips wolf. Leaning here based on my reads but I have a creeping suspicion about kata that I might need to look into
So that's frustrating that SOV isn't going to reply to any of my questions.
Unlynch SOV
Lynch kata
Why unlynch sov when he didn't answer you at all?
Well I look forward to your other reads
However, there are people on the lynch that feel off with how they voted, so I need to look back on that when I am back at a computer.
I smell bussing! :heckyeah:

Either this or kata's vote is a bus if cubs flips wolf. Leaning here based on my reads but I have a creeping suspicion about kata that I might need to look into

Bite me. But don't worry, if he does flip wolf I'll make this easier on you by dying today.

(I mean, I'll die today either way but I'm not sure it'll help you if he flips village)

Bite me. But don't worry, if he does flip wolf I'll make this easier on you by dying today.

(I mean, I'll die today either way but I'm not sure it'll help you if he flips village)

I am confused by this post, what exactly were you responding to here?

I am confused by this post, what exactly were you responding to here?

She said if cubs flipped wolf then my vote or kata's vote was a bus.

If cubs does flip wolf... well, I'll be dying and flipping and village which means my vote can't be a bus. Which would only leave kata if Dubz really strongly feels one the two of us was a bus. (But of course, dubz could be wrong entirely )

But if he flips village then it's entirely irrelevant because then clearly neither of us was a bus.

And the "bite me" was just that she still seems to be leaning toward me being wolf and I'm not sure why I did to make people think that so much this game.

Wasn't really an important post and now I regret it since I had to go to the trouble of explaining it.

And the "bite me" was just that she still seems to be leaning toward me being wolf and I'm not sure why I did to make people think that so much this game.

I find it interesting because yesterday she was saying she didn't think you would make up the poison thing if you were a wolf (was on me about "talking about it too much") but has you leaning wolf still..... I dunno, to me, WZ is a bit all over the place and it just isn't helping my feels on her.

D4 official Lynch tally
Sov ()
-
cubs (4) - dubs, Nav, finn, kata
kata (3) - AM, barks, dina

voting: 7/15
cubs is in the lead
deadline: 4 hrs

I find it interesting because yesterday she was saying she didn't think you would make up the poison thing if you were a wolf (was on me about "talking about it too much") but has you leaning wolf still..... I dunno, to me, WZ is a bit all over the place and it just isn't helping my feels on her.

Is wildzoo your top wolf pick currently?

Is wildzoo your top wolf pick currently?

AM is my other.

Kata is up there too, but don't know what to think now with AM voting that way.

You are in there, but lower do... neutral-wolf territory. I don't know much about your typical play, actually I don't know much about the typical play of a lot of players playing currently, which may be why I am focused on those I do know the play of. Which is why I haven't placed a vote yet, because I can't decide if I am tunneling or if there actually is something there.

SOV hasn't posted enough for me to get a read on him at this time.