GGoats!! - An aMAAAAAHzing WW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This reads kinda like worried wolf, but not sure why a wolf wouldn't keep open 3P hunting to pack chat.
It does for me echo a bit of the way april approached laineys death in emoji - 4 people died in one night, only one of them wasn't us (the wolves), she knew the lainey kill wasn't us and on thread started questioning if someone else has killed her. But different context here but I could see it. I think Zenge is fine otherwise but I don't think a new wolf would necessarily be as conscious of TMI as you think.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish this person had jailed and protected Shorty over me. Had a feeling the wolves would be more worried about the village watcher than the unconvertible mason. Guess they wanted to see if blocking me prevented a kill. Which if I really were a wolf I would not have been my pick to do the kill last night that's for sure.
Hmmmm. Interesting choice.

I could see getting into a WIFOM battle about whether the wolves would assume shorty would be protected and go for you instead. Being in a protector role is hard sometimes.

Of course, could still be a wolf
 
It does for me echo a bit of the way april approached laineys death in emoji - 4 people died in one night, only one of them was us (the wolves), she knew the lainey kill wasn't us and on thread started questioning if someone else has killed her. But different context here but I could see it. I think Zenge is fine otherwise but I don't think a new wolf would necessarily be as conscious of TMI as you think.
I was really just super surprised that after two basics(ish) games where there where multiple NKs N1, and the one NK was someone who I didn’t expect, and I was trying to come up with ideas.

I really liked your theory though, that Enigma seemed like they had a PR they were afraid of losing to a Pippy Bomb if it turned out to be real.
 
I was really just super surprised that after two basics(ish) games where there where multiple NKs N1, and the one NK was someone who I didn’t expect, and I was trying to come up with ideas.

I really liked your theory though, that Enigma seemed like they had a PR they were afraid of losing to a Pippy Bomb if it turned out to be real.
Flattery will get you everywhere
 
To summarize because I think I kind of scattered these thoughts across multiple posts..

I think mayo wanted to look like he was trying to save alissa, because he knew she was going to flip village. Except his actions don't match his words. He did not attempt to convince anyone to join him on his new wagons by presenting a case. To me it looks like he was actually fine with alissa dying. Even better for him because then he could call it a bad vote (despite leaning her wolf himself not that long before) and talk about how much he tried to save her.

The second side of it is that he did not care who he might have been starting the alternative wagons on. A villager might be concerned that, given they hadn't actually had a conversation with the person they were voting for, they might be starting a last minute wagon on a seer or protector or hell, just another villager. He did not care to engage with doggo to prevent this or even to give her time to defend. Earlier, moved onto my wagon when I had just said I was going to be away from the thread. Just as he didn't actually care if alissa died, he didn't care if doggo or I died either, no matter what our roles might be.
 
Oh I meant to say too that, had I been on thread, the vote for me makes more sense, but doggo was a weak read at best. I am fine with people voting off wagon, I do it all the time, but don't wait until less than 10 minutes before the end of the day to figure your **** out and frame it as you being a hero.
 
*******************
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUBZ!!
3u4M.gif
*******************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your play has been very sus. I called that out last night.
Mayo’s talking to Dubz here. I haven’t really found Dubz’s play to be suspicious so I went back to find what Mayo was talking about, what specifically he called her out for and I found this:
WZ is quiet, which is NAI for me at this point.
Followed by this:
@WildZoo - with two nearly tied wagons, why are you parked on sunshinefl?

Were you convinced that neither Pippy or April was worth voting or ?
And then this:
Fair enough, I must have missed it.

Did you think Pippy was 3P or a wolf? I know you didn't think she was village?

How is making the selfish choice not anti-village?

Isn't the village better off getting a wolf (or even a serial killer) and possibly losing a villager in the process?

Same question to AM
And that seems to essentially be the progression of Mayo’s suspicions, entirety of Mayo’s case against Dubz. He thinks Dubz D1 vote seemed sketchy because Dubz didn’t want to get on either of the two wagons. It’s pretty thin overall.

To go from that to this:
I spent quite a bit of effort on moving attention off of Alissa onto what I deemed better reads (April, WZ, Doggo).

I also called out Alissa for 2 days to post something in her own defense. Even when I said I was sus of her I pointed out that there wasn't enough to yeet her today.

The whole vote was based on activity rather than content which is frustrating in a forum like this. You've used the same defense.
Where he’s putting Dubz in a list with his other “big read” Doggo, who he’s presented essentially no case on at all, it seems like Mayo is pushing to yeet at least two players here who he’s not really presented a sold case for.

The Dubz and Doggo cases presented by Mayo have been flimsy and flimsiest.

The entirety of Mayo’s case against Doggo is this by the way:
Did an Iso on Doggo and Barkley today to tell them apart

Barks came out very village

Doggos was mixed, so I'm willing to explore that direction.
Essentially: “Barks is better than Doggo, so I’m willing to yeet Doggo”

Trying to push these two players to get yeeted on this kind of lackluster case building is criminal.

Cray and Dubz I’m reading both as village, and they have their votes on Mayo right now. Given everything I’ve presented above, and their own cases they’ve made, I’m comfortable putting my vote on Mayo.
 
Work was rough guys....

Wolfy reads

Mayo- either Mayo had a stroke or has lost his mind. Can’t figure out the lightbulb talk. I found it sus that thye said “just seeing if anyone is willing to bite in another other than Alissa wagon, I hope I’m wrong...” (paraphrased)
Samac- seems to dodge answering questions, flipped sunshine to wolf (completely opposite spectrums with little evidence). Then they said they usually vote the quiet ones and pull them out but they’re having a hard time believing Alissa would have just stayed quiet all day as votes add up. Minimum content IMO
Zenge is really making me sus with the last minute unyeet Alissa, yeet doggo (no explanation) then unyeet doggos yeet Alissa again with no explanation. This really caused me concern


Village lean
Cray-seems active and is questioning people and pushing for answers and reads and such.
Shorty- seems pretty normal. Nothing pings me as suspicious. I get their concern about Alissa lurking and thought that was a fair and appropriate yeet with reason opposed to others who don’t give reasons.
Sunshine- they’re battle and hostility I’m reading as just very frustrated villager who came back to a **** storm and was trying to crawl back from that
Mkg- again nothing concerning.
AM- seems like their usual self. Was frustrated with her move at the end of d1 where she jumped off the pip wagon but I think she just wanted to live. Not concerning me as they have in previous games.

???
April. At first I really thought they were village but one statement really hit me weird and I may just be reading too much into it. She discusses “I know you can play better than that sun..... starting to think you’re a really frustrated villager. But it doesn’t look good and WE need to take a step back.” I did not like “we” in that sentence it just struck me as odd
Dubz, doggo, barks, Dina still just confused on them and can’t make up my mind


Now I go to sleep because I’ve been up wayyyy too long
Just want to say I appreciate the readslists you've been doing this game. Makes it easier to follow your thoughts.
 
Essentially: “Barks is better than Doggo, so I’m willing to yeet Doggo”

Trying to push these two players to get yeeted on this kind of lackluster case building is criminal.

The fact that up until he said that, he had barks/doggo just lumped together as a single person, makes it worse for me. It obviously wasn't a well fleshed out read.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. The rest of the village can just start playing more villagey than me so I don't have to die every time. The goal is to improve the village, not play in a way that makes wolves comfortable. If I'm going to keep getting N1'd/N2'd, maybe there's a lesson in there was for what's optimal village play.
So we should take a lesson from you on what optimal play is, or we shouldn't? You can't see to make up your mind.
 
Wait, @Aprilthearab, why did you move your vote with mayo yesterday if you've been sus of him most of the game?

This was at 8pm last night
I wasn't interpreting Mayo's posts as jokey, which pinged me because usually it's pretty obvious he's joking when he is. So my impression of that is either he wasn't joking but then got called out and decided to say he was joking to cover his butt, or he was really joking but wasn't doing it well. The village!Mayo I'm familiar with is quite obviously jokey, and the wolfy!Mayo I experienced in the noob game was not.
 
I have a lot of IRL stuff I have to do this afternoon, so I don't really have time to analyze the thread until I'm back later around 4-5, but probably going to be looking at the people who switched to doggo, specifically mayo/april. I also haven't forgotten about sunny and I'm looking forward to seeing what she posts today.
I didn’t mention this in my write up, but it did feel like Mayo started going after me yesterday when I was going after Sunshine. Could be nothing, or could be defense by offense. I made a mental note of it.
 
I just lost a ton of respect for your play if this is a serious statement.
This is a more emotionally manipulative statement than I expected from AM.

In fact, even at her worst bully moments with Kras I didn't feel AM was being as emotionally manipulative of village as she's trying to be right now. And that is the only real wolf tell I have on AM. I'm going to keep reading and exploring my theory of a wolfWife, in case I'm wrong I don't want to give wolves and pissy villagers the opening on her.
 
April mentions of mayo
All the interactions with Mayo placing a strange joke vote and following it up with shaky explanations and saying he's saving an actual salt vote for D2 is reminding me of how I almost got yeeted D1 (for very good reason) of the last game.

Unyeet Barks
Yeet Mayo

Serious!Mayo (trying to disguise as joking!Mayo) is giving me wolf!Mayo noob game vibes

How do you feel about me voting Mayo?

Pippy is reminding me a lot of defensive nonsensical D1 wolf!genny.

Mayo, for aforementioned reasons. Barks yeeting me seems opportunistic, primarily because I know the wolves are going to capitalize on all the salt directed my way from wolfing the past two games combined with people always thinking I'm sus D1 regardless of my affiliation. Also because the reasoning she gave for yeeting me just now was weak. Ever so slight wolf lean on barks.

Because yeeting me is very opportunistic - keeping an eye on the people who are either staying on my vote because salt (like sun) and those who are calling me sus but not voting me because of it so they can egg on my yeet without being on a villager wagon (I don't have any names off the top of my head, need to go back and read).

I don't think I have any good reasons to move anyone else out of neutral at the moment.

Also I wasn't voting for Pippy either I was on Mayo just for the record
I wasn't interpreting Mayo's posts as jokey, which pinged me because usually it's pretty obvious he's joking when he is. So my impression of that is either he wasn't joking but then got called out and decided to say he was joking to cover his butt, or he was really joking but wasn't doing it well. The village!Mayo I'm familiar with is quite obviously jokey, and the wolfy!Mayo I experienced in the noob game was not.
Making a note to myself about Mayo. I wolfread him D1 and although I have found myself agreeing with a lot of what he says, I still feel uneasy about him. Last night, he made this comment:

Which seemed completely out of the blue and not really a strong reason to village read me out of all the things I'd said up to that point, let alone it being a single tipping point that makes him unyeet me. Kind of felt like a wolfy "There there, don't fret, here's a nice warm pocket." The rest of his comments about me made after that one didn't line up at all, especially since he had no real reasons presented:

Yeet Mayo

Putting this here for aforementioned reasons while I'm at work
 
I didn’t mention this in my write up, but it did feel like Mayo started going after me yesterday when I was going after Sunshine. Could be nothing, or could be defense by offense. I made a mental note of it.

Yeah I'm wondering if the sunny wagon was a wolf counter wagon to alissa and once people started bringing up the alissa wagon making them feel gross, wolves tried to divert to someone else so it wouldn't go back to sunny.

I don't know, I have to go back and look at what happened at what time - who was the first to question the alissa wagon, who followed suit, and are those different people
 
Mayo mentions of april

The rally of April, Dina, and Laney seems opportunistic. Especially with Laney and April jumping on similar stuff with Doddos/Barks.

Unyeet shorty
Yeet April

I'm still sus of April.

If Pippy flips wolf, April is also a wolf. Same logic as last game.

I am voting April.

I'm deciding whether or not I believe Pippy. I also want to see how some of the late voters go.

I may jump over to Pippy in the next 10 minutes or so.

Do you strongly think she is wolf over 3P?

@WildZoo - with two nearly tied wagons, why are you parked on sunshinefl?

Were you convinced that neither Pippy or April was worth voting or ?

I would like to hear directly from Alissa why AM and April are her top wolf reads.

I'm less wolfy on April based on how things went down today.

I'm not seeing how these two statements can coexist. How could I switch off of April to save her as my packmate if she is also a villager?

I think this is a bit disingenuous. April and Alyssa have been called out for their votes too. Samac seems to be getting a pass for being on call and missing what went down.

A few updates:

Samac - Seems to be playing like her village self as she is catching up. I didn't have a problem with the initial salt vote. and am kindof sus of people still pretending not to get it. The TE vote looks bad in retrospect, but I doubt she would have wolf killed TE after being the only person voting for her. Overall leaning village based on content today.

Sunshine - Still having a hard time reading her. I get why she is frustrated, but it makes it hard to get a read. The early wagon seems more based on her activity than her content.

Shorty/Cray - Had both as village. Hasn't changed

AM/WZ - I've moved them both back to neutral. Maybe leaning wolf on WZ.

Dina - Had as a wolf read yesterday, but feels more village/wolf hunting today

Laney - Her reads don't make the most sense to me, but I'm not ready to yeet over it.

mkg323, Alissa - want to hear more

Barks/Doggo - I need to iso both because I have a hard time remembering who is who
^ Actually not an april mention, just noting she was left off this list
Presumably those on April had her as a stronger wolf read.

I'm still on April for now.

In a meeting.

Yeet April

Wolf reads are April and WZ currently.

I'm willing to buy this.

No one seems to want to jump back on the April wagon with me. I'll switch to one of my other wolf reads.

Unyeet April
Yeet WZ

I spent quite a bit of effort on moving attention off of Alissa onto what I deemed better reads (April, WZ, Doggo).

I also called out Alissa for 2 days to post something in her own defense. Even when I said I was sus of her I pointed out that there wasn't enough to yeet her today.

The whole vote was based on activity rather than content which is frustrating in a forum like this. You've used the same defense.

Nothing cleared April from yesterday, weird everyone shifted off of her. It's weird, which is why I asked about it. Says more about the people on April than April probably.
 
Yeah I'm wondering if the sunny wagon was a wolf counter wagon to alissa and once people started bringing up the alissa wagon making them feel gross, wolves tried to divert to someone else so it wouldn't go back to sunny.

I don't know, I have to go back and look at what happened at what time - who was the first to question the alissa wagon, who followed suit, and are those different people
Dina was starting to sound hedgy to me, but this sounds village.

It's a new experiment of mine to start considering out loud if ppl might be villagers sometimes
 
I didn't say exclusively Cray, I said chatting it up with Cray. In the 15 minutes leading up to yeet close, you were only talking to Alissa about a previous game and how you don't like her play style in general, and to Cray about your ego. Despite multiple attempts from Shorty and myself asking you to please rejoin the conversation about THIS game, you continued to ignore us.
alissa wouldn't talk about this game, outside of me, despite my attempts to get her to do so for 48 hours. I'd like quote evidence that I wasn't talking with everyone else though. This is a blatant lie.
Uh, so fear you're a bomb is supposed to stay the killing hands of wolves every game that you boast villagers cannot win without you? Uh, OK.
Can you please reword this?
You have definitely given me a hard time when I've waited too long to role reveal when I'm up for mislynch or have sat on night results. It could get pulled up from a game.
No, Cray. You're misremembering things again.
Wolfy tingles. Reads maybe like wolf disappointed their kill was redirected and fishing a little on thread.
I did see that, but I'm really liking her other posts outside that so kinda thinking it's a Vis moment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad