GGoats!! - An aMAAAAAHzing WW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
plain cheese
WTF is plain cheese? Cheddar, American, and Mozzarella are in my POE.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
So none of you remember when we thought the world was going to end in y2k because computers couldn't handle the date?
I remember because it was my first real NYE party. All of my high school buddies and I partied in somebody's dad's office waiting for the apocalypse to strike. It was, somewhat sadly, anticlimactic.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is American cheese.
K-Y0AOESJJOmMm-KQ1JrJMtO1E4PteUp_oTAZjE_VfE6s2uRmx7YD0i_Kg0WF0v2gU1meE4x-Qq9D73nhlD_adJM96ABIzpo-r73Ec6tr0beBMFZzdKCY4roSrOD-yz5JBLh-cdpMco5ayk

• Hmm
Kraft American Singles??
when I was HELLA poor in my first apartment a regular lunch was an american cheese slice in between a tortilla, folded and half and put in the toaster with a few pieces of the pregrilled chicken strips for salads :rofl: :rofl:

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Is this even considered cheese?

Okay. While I might agree with you both, and even the package itself is fully honest that it’s only a “cheese product”, when having a casual discussion about it, it’s safe to assume someone might say “plain cheese” and be talking about American cheese. As such, I couldn’t immediately eliminate it from my POE.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
This is American cheese.
K-Y0AOESJJOmMm-KQ1JrJMtO1E4PteUp_oTAZjE_VfE6s2uRmx7YD0i_Kg0WF0v2gU1meE4x-Qq9D73nhlD_adJM96ABIzpo-r73Ec6tr0beBMFZzdKCY4roSrOD-yz5JBLh-cdpMco5ayk
I’m going to need more context here.

Like the holes in Swiss cheese develop in the aging process. Aged Swiss has the largest and most prominent holes. Regular Swiss has regular holes. Baby Swiss has the smallest holes. I see some puckering on some of the slices, especially the 2nd slice from the right, so I’m inclined to call this Fetus Swiss.

• Haha
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Are all American cheeses not the same? Because I’ve been assuming that it’s all the same “not really cheese” and Kraft was just the most widely known brand name. Is that not the case?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user

Like the holes in Swiss cheese develop in the aging process. Aged Swiss has the largest and most prominent holes. Regular Swiss has regular holes. Baby Swiss has the smallest holes. I see some puckering on some of the slices, especially the 2nd slice from the right, so I’m inclined to call this Fetus Swiss.
Hm. I never considered myself a fan of swiss, but this is the same cheese they put on subway sandwiches.

Are all American cheeses not the same? Because I’ve been assuming that it’s all the same “not really cheese” and Kraft was just the most widely known brand name. Is that not the case?
I'm been anti kraft slices since '08, so I try to dispel myths about them being similar.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Deli "American" cheese comes in both white and yellow and both more closely resemble cheese than the cheze that kraft makes

Ok but what are everyone’s thoughts on GOAT cheese? I am for it. Team goat all the way.

although if I’m being honest, I’ve never met a cheese I didn’t like. Team cheese forever.

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 10 users
The cinnamon bun Oreos were good but they don't exist anymore as far as I can tell, at least not in stores by us :(
The mint ones are probably my favorite besides the originals

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Ok but what are everyone’s thoughts on GOAT cheese? I am for it. Team goat all the way.

although if I’m being honest, I’ve never met a cheese I didn’t like. Team cheese forever.
I'll have to send you the recipe but I made this DELICIOUS (vegetarian for zenge and Tim!) goat cheese caramelized onion bake that was basically sophisticated mac and cheese!

• Love
Newman’s Own used to make sandwich cookies like Oreos, but they were ginger cookies and the cream tasted better. I like those a lot. Maybe they still exist, haven’t looked for them in a while...

Depends on if you beat FTF...
What??? I have had basically zero interactions with FTF and assumed they were like a 50 year old WW troll
so I also pictured FTF being like 50 and when my eyes skimmed your post I read "WW II" like he was a war vet lmaoooo
No. No. No. that’s where you’re wrong. Regular Oreos are sadly lacking frosting. Double stuffed is the correct ratio.

Actually, tinfoil hat time. I’m 85% sure that Original used to be what we call double stuffed now, and they cut down on the frosting to save money, and then when people started to catch on, they re-released the original as the new “double stuffed”.
Double stuffed is the correct ratio, BUT Halloween orange is the best flavor and I can never find double stuff halloween at least that I can remember
Nope I ate plain cheese and then frozen ravioli with butter
Pippy did you at least heat them up first?!?!
This is American cheese.
okay but like these old lady plates aren't helping me reconcile the new info that you're young

• Haha
the rant and rave threads :bag::sorry:
Were you lurking there or do I just not remember? It's been a while since I've been there. I forgot to post in the rave thread about how one of my favorite hospital clients bought me some ginormous fluffy socks last week :love:

Yeeeeeeah. The med side of thing gets a little intense. I was panicking with the rest of them.
they told me to apply family med back up because psych was too competitive. I didn’t listen, matched my top choice lol.
SDN med wamc are a dumpster fire. Glad you proved them wrong and nailed it :cat::shy:

• Care

But for real, I think you would get along with Ace IRL. You guys both over-analyze stuff a lot. The other night he crawled into bed at 4am after working on his research proposal and tried to talk to me about global warming and how he's happy that he thinks he'll die before humanity is wiped out. It started with a "hey look, it's snowing!" remark and ended with a minor existential crisis

• Haha
  • Wow
But for real, I think you would get along with Ace IRL. You guys both over-analyze stuff a lot. The other night he crawled into bed at 4am after working on his research proposal and tried to talk to me about global warming and how he's happy that he thinks he'll die before humanity is wiped out. It started with a "hey look, it's snowing!" remark and ended with a minor existential crisis
I’m not sure the world could handle the two of them together IRL.

• Haha
okay but like these old lady plates aren't helping me reconcile the new info that you're young
SAME THOUGH
Another thing I was thinking but was not going to say lmao

• Haha
I mean, so am I IRL but I understand feeling like you want to stab someone too.
Nah he definitely doesn't feel that way. If anything, I'm definitely the one who isn't as nice in person. It's very easy for me to type out nice things here but not as easy for my introvert self to say nice things out loud even if I'm thinking them

• Love
  • Wow
Nah he definitely doesn't feel that way. If anything, I'm definitely the one who isn't as nice in person. It's very easy for me to type out nice things here but not as easy for my introvert self to say nice things out loud even if I'm thinking them
meanwhile I'm the extrovert making random strangers I don't know uncomfortable with the nice things I do say to them

• Care
  • Dislike
your probably the won't engage with me type that ruins my day 😥
If I don't engage with someone it's because I thought they were talking to someone else, and then I usually realize it hours later and feel terrible

• Care
I was filling up my tank at a gas station today when there was a crash in the adjacent intersection and a 10ish year old kid stepped out of one car and looked at both cars then looked at his dad and was like

• Wow
  • Haha