I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not really going to speculate on the double kill since we've only got the one data point. For the moment will assume we have a single pack until evidence to the contrary.

First thought that popped in my head was those are unlikely early kills for cheezit, so he's bumped down my list for the moment.

AM I think was leaning village for most people, not too surprising of a kill. Unsure what to make of Paws, could have been random since it was N1. I don't think she got any votes yesterday.
 
Lynch koffee

To get things rolling. I'd like to see more of what she has to say about content in this game today.

Off the top of my head other potential wolf suspects are (in no particular order) SAR, dolphin, gwen.

Started with 24 players...that's a hard number, I think I'd probably run it at 4 originals and maybe a conditional convert.
 
###lynch dolphin###
The am kill isn't super surprising but the addition of paws is interesting makes me feel wolves perhaps didnt like the possibility of that inner trust circle leading me to less experienced players.
However what if they were unrelated and one was a nk and the other a battle kill[emoji848]
 
>:|
I am unimpressed that they decided to kill off the #sketchmasons the first chance they got.

alright @CoffeeQuestionMark @Stagg737 y'all didnt want to be lynched D1; we complied. Time to sing for your dinner. What are your reads based on these flips?
 
lynch Cray yeah yeah, always tl;dr but I get a sense of "trying too hard" in some of her reads.
Really? All of her posts last night felt very village cray to me. Hit all the high points.
1) musings on WW theory
2) breakdown of all the players in the game
3) rehashing discussions that had already ended
4) same read of me as always

Which reads did you think were trying too hard?

However what if they were unrelated and one was a nk and the other a battle kill
emoji848.png
They sounded a little brutal for a battle...I didn't think people were supposed to die in those anyway
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One trainer was found in a field, body so badly mutilated, he was almost unrecognizable. Police said he was killed early in the night- the kill swift.

Obviously the victim had been writing riddles when he was killed.
And neither of these sound to me like people who were in the middle of a battle. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
 
>:|
I am unimpressed that they decided to kill off the #sketchmasons the first chance they got.

alright @CoffeeQuestionMark @Stagg737 y'all didnt want to be lynched D1; we complied. Time to sing for your dinner. What are your reads based on these flips?

It doesn't change my thoughts on genny or Skimble.

In addition what I did not discuss on thread is that I believe @muttmanager is not up to par on her play yet, I seem to remember her having solid thoughts during her noob game. Maybe it is too early.

And despite that I voted grebes over SAR (remember it goes with my genny theory) I also wonder if SAR's saltiness came from being put on wolf team. She hasn't done anything to make me vote for her which is why I didn't but thinking out loud here.

Really? All of her posts last night felt very village cray to me. Hit all the high points.
1) musings on WW theory
2) breakdown of all the players in the game
3) rehashing discussions that had already ended
4) same read of me as always

Which reads did you think were trying too hard?


They sounded a little brutal for a battle...I didn't think people were supposed to die in those anyway
I have Cray as village too but these do look like people she would kill off so I guess wouldn't have her set in stone.
 
Sorry, I got busy with family stuff yesterday afternoon/night and forgot about the game 🙁. I'll be back at my own place this evening, so this shouldn't happen again.

Geeeeeez guys. I forgot how much reading this game requires.
Amen By Arceus!

Probs not a popular thought but I don’t find the AM self vote as an indicator of wolfiness. I just can’t wrap my brain to the point of it being wolfy. I am pretty sure several people were rightfully confused right away, I think koffee, snowy, shelter and made comments about it after. But shelter and skim actually committed a vote. But Mixy commented on it, besides initial confusion and didn’t put a vote there. And I’ve gotten weird vibes from other posts as well. But this is the best concrete thing I’ve got.

Although on the other hand skim staying on the vote still confused me, but not having the gut feels. So for now I’m leaning in the Mixy direction.

Lynch Mixy
This post made me uncomfortable. At the time, I thought AM was leaning villager for most people, so there's no need to qualify your views as an unpopular opinion. I admit I have the hindsight of knowing AM's affiliation now, but with that, it reads like an attempt to build village cred by making it clear you chose to not bus the "sketchy" villager. The rest of it read more as a summary of what had happened and less of an interpretation of it, which strikes me as wolfy.

I see that dolphin already has a vote, and this is something that I would like to pursue further. However, I have someone I'm more concerned about today.

I didn't even know the LIS rule was a thing until it was pointed out to me
Wait, then why did you vote for AM initially, and why did you keep on her? Your assumed knowledge of the LIS rule was why people were OK with you voting for AM in the first place. Also, it seemed like you responded really fast once tagged, which supports AM's lurker theory.

Shelter's continued AM vote bothers me a lot more than feelings from dolphin's post, especially since I have a lot more of dolphin's interactions that I need to search through.

lynch shelter
 
In addition what I did not discuss on thread is that I believe @muttmanager is not up to par on her play yet, I seem to remember her having solid thoughts during her noob game. Maybe it is too early.
I haven't played with her before so I had her in my "looks like a noob, consider later" pile. Is she usually a more insightful noob?
 
I haven't played with her before so I had her in my "looks like a noob, consider later" pile. Is she usually a more insightful noob?
I think this is her second game (unless she played one that I missed) granted, we were opposite affiliations the first game, but her responses were wordier and thought out. Not quote at same level as dandy's but they were good.
 
###lynch shelter###

So I voted AM yesterday based on her self-vote because my crazy theory was that she was chaos. Obviously that turned out to not be true but since I didn't have any good wolfy feels yet I figured I'd try to avoid that one game that Koffee was outed as chaos and never killed. Now I'm wondering if a wolf considered this theory too. Shelter and Skimble were the other two to vote AM for similar reasons as me, and Skimble feels less wolfy to me than Shelter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this is her second game (unless she played one that I missed) granted, we were opposite affiliations the first game, but her responses were wordier and thought out. Not quote at same level as dandy's but they were good.

They were actually really bad thoughts. First game was halloWWeen, I had grebes as wolfly originally but then began tunneling on Mel mostly bc of misunderstandings and we were both village.
I played in Reading & Dinner speed game. This is my 4th game. Still very much a confused noob

mutt - I have no idea. Who voted for mutt? I'd look there to see if there's any wolves going for straggler sheep.

Capri voted for me then switched off

lynch Cray yeah yeah, always tl;dr but I get a sense of "trying too hard" in some of her reads.

Trying too hard how?
 
They were actually really bad thoughts. First game was halloWWeen, I had grebes as wolfly originally but then began tunneling on Mel mostly bc of misunderstandings and we were both village.
I played in Reading & Dinner speed game. This is my 4th game. Still very much a confused noob



Capri voted for me then switched off



Trying too hard how?
It's not the quality but the quantity.
 
Night 1 Write-Up​

Nothing was still across Kanto and Johto last night. Tall grass rustled. Friendly exchanges were had. Winds shifted. Evil lurked in the dark. Very little sleep was had for anyone.

1200px-JohtoMap.png

As townspeople awoke in the morning, shock spread over the land. Murder. Murder in cold blood.

One trainer was found in a field, body so badly mutilated, he was almost unrecognizable. Police said he was killed early in the night- the kill swift. But someone - someONES? - had ravaged the body after death. One person? Two? Three? Or were they wild Pokemon? It was impossible to tell. Obviously more than one person had an issue with his attitude. He was only identifiable by his spiky brown hair, still gelled stiffly in place.

Dead is @Animal Midwife, Gary Oak (villager)

NiceGregariousArctichare-size_restricted.gif


But wait! On the tiny Cinnabar Islands, another death. Up on the cliffs, another body, found. This one, less torn apart. His sunglasses were placed next to him. Obviously the victim had been writing riddles when he was killed.

300px-Cinnabar_Island_HGSS.png


Dead is @StayingPositive2017, Blaine (villager)
3023be3035ff2120972afe96d14eba804cb97d29_hq.gif

Others across the countries, bruised after last night, but still alive. It was time to find those responsible for these untimely deaths.​

21 remain.

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
10. @MixedAnimals77
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143
14. @johnnaboo
15. @Gwenevre
16. @dolphin106258
17. @Stagg737
18. @sheltermed
19. @genny
20. @Melchizedek
21. @Karabiner13
22. @Crayola227
23. @allieh8607
24. @Glammyre

Lavender Town Cemetery:
4. grebes4lyfe
6. Animal Midwife
5. StayingPositive2017



Day Close at 9 PM CST.
Also just in case anyone cares besides me I remembered Blaine was in the anime and was the gym leader who wrote riddles for ash (really misty) to solve to battle him. So idk if it’s supposed to mean anything more than some flavor for the character. But my my thought was just cool to make the write up more theme-y. 😍

Clearly I just want to throw all my Pokémon knowledge at you! So slightly sorry.
 
They were actually really bad thoughts. First game was halloWWeen, I had grebes as wolfly originally but then began tunneling on Mel mostly bc of misunderstandings and we were both village.
I played in Reading & Dinner speed game. This is my 4th game. Still very much a confused noob



Capri voted for me then switched off



Trying too hard how?
Was Capri’s vote a grudge/past game vote? Not super important I just wanted to try to be accurate in my brain.
 
I’m gonna try today to not tunnel like I did on jboo in past games 🙁 and look at others instead of Mixy, even tho I’d keep my vote there bc my feels still exist. So the people that stayed on AM (which I shall do after lunccch/responsibilities).
So shelter, skim and Capri. Obvs I felt I could do skim, bc AM not answering doesn’t seem like a solid reason to stay on a lynch. But I don’t necessarily like shelter or capri’s reasons.
So for now

Lynch Capri
 
Also @CoffeeQuestionMark and anyone else that cares to share but I think I saw you mention it last. Is SAR feels from the salt vote they stayed on? Or did I miss other things?
 
I’m gonna try today to not tunnel like I did on jboo in past games 🙁 and look at others instead of Mixy, even tho I’d keep my vote there bc my feels still exist. So the people that stayed on AM (which I shall do after lunccch/responsibilities).
So shelter, skim and Capri. Obvs I felt I could do skim, bc AM not answering doesn’t seem like a solid reason to stay on a lynch. But I don’t necessarily like shelter or capri’s reasons.
So for now

Lynch Capri
Curious, shelter and skim had the same reason to vote AM
 
Curious, shelter and skim had the same reason to vote AM
No I they had completely different reasons. Capri was the chaos theory she posted about a little bit ago. And from what I’ve read of shelters posts, even tho I haven’t gone back to remember I think it was just the LIS rule. Then I think shelter wasn’t on the thread for awhile when other things transpired. And got on later? Honestly I don’t remember I have to go back and reread the sequence of everything.
 
I didn't vote SAR. Just stated that her saltiness peaked my interest. But she hasn't done anything to make me have wolf feels asode from that.
Oh okay, I thought people had mentioned SAR voting strictly with a salt vote and staying on it, wasn’t saying you voted SAR. Thanks for the clarification anyways.
 
Curious, shelter and skim had the same reason to vote AM
Wow I can’t read you said shelter and skim :smack: excuse my illiterate self. They both cited the same reason of the LIS rule, but I believe Skim said hey I don’t like that AM hasn’t answered my question about her reasoning so I’m keeping my vote there.
 
No I they had completely different reasons. Capri was the chaos theory she posted about a little bit ago. And from what I’ve read of shelters posts, even tho I haven’t gone back to remember I think it was just the LIS rule. Then I think shelter wasn’t on the thread for awhile when other things transpired. And got on later? Honestly I don’t remember I have to go back and reread the sequence of everything.
Shelter and skim both voted for the self-vote thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad