I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is also something that I'd like to know. @nyanko , since you're the only one who's admitted to being able to start a battle, it would be helpful to get some info. Do you just pick someone to battle and then you battle? Do you pick which pokemon you send out? Do you get to pick which attacks to use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this feels like a potentially mechanics heavy game.

I'm a trainer. I'm not going to tell you my Pokemon/type at this time. I can't battle every night.
 
Why don't you think any wolves have been front and center?
idk just because I think thats what I'd be doing as a wolf right now.

that being said I am not a huge fan of how @Stagg737 just painted a giant target on Nyan's back so publicly. Don't know if it was a wolfy ploy to cover a kill or goad other people into battling Nyan tonight or if it was a villager mistake....
 
Do you just pick someone to battle and then you battle? Do you pick which pokemon you send out? Do you get to pick which attacks to use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this feels like a potentially mechanics heavy game.
So this makes me squicky. Like if wolves are roles like team rocket, how much of this should we be putting on the thread? But then again, if wolves are a pack of wild Pokémon, then Stagg asking these questions gives me an uneasy feeling. I don’t like feeling like this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that mutt has been quieter than usual - I know they are a newer player, but we played in the most recent game together (not the speed game, the one before that) and they had a lot more to say. perhaps they're busy with the holiday weekend, but maybe they're saying less to avoid coming off wolfy as a noob wolf.

so, coffee, SAR, and mutt are the ones I'm looking at the most at present. just to place a bit of pressure, I will

#####lynch muttmanager#####

next on my vote list would be SAR because I feel like I haven't heard as much from them as I have from coffee, but not really any solid reasons other than that for me.

I find it interesting **sketch** that you placed your pressure vote on me since I've already answered why I'm quieter this game and from past games you know its easy to get village mutts lynched. This comes off very wolfy.

Also, SAR hasnt contributed today except to say thanks for saving her and that she'd be away shopping?

I felt a strange huh last night. I dont think that meant I was battled but.

Don't eggs give a "huh?" when they're hatching? Might be a @dolphin106259 question

There are a lot of neutral people who I would like to hear more from - @Gwenevre, @muttmanager, @sheltermed in particular.

Any specific questions?
 
Guys, I’m stuck in an airport for like 2hrs. So bored.

*******************
1r3h5x.jpg

*******************
 
I think AM seems like a weird wolf kill after all the deliberation on her. I'd almost blame things on battles (as Stagg describes above) but with the explicit description of her dying swiftly then having her body ravaged that doesn't necessarily sound like being beat down bit by bit.

now that I've just typed that, it's worth noting there is a move literally called swift that always hits first... I need more info on battle mechanics before more conclusions, but yeah, just generally feels that the kill didn't feel wolfy.
IIRC, swift has nothing to do with hitting first, just that it will ALWAYS hit (unless the opposing pokemon is in the middle of Dig or Fly)

I'm a trainer. I'm not going to tell you my Pokemon/type at this time. I can't battle every night.
I can soft vouch that this information rings true

Fun fact, I literally forgot I was playing this game until I came home and had 10+ notifications. Sorry :slap:

I've just caught up on what I've missed, I don't have any hard feels on anyone yet. My comment way back in the beginning about metas was more a self-depreciating joke on how I haven't played so I've forgotten how other people play this game.

Also, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be quiet days as I have class until 8p EST so I come home and collapse.
 
If you couldn’t vote for SAR, who would you pick?
If I didnt vote SAR, it would be shelter or koffee, in that order.
Shelter for whats above and the AM day 1 interaction felt w/v & AM flipped village
Koffee mostly bc that day 1 outburst still isnt sitting right
 
So you were chaos hunting rather than wolf hunting? We don't even know there is chaos in this game
So options for me yesterday were to vote for someone I believed to be not-village, or essentially RNG vote for anyone else when I had no wolfy feels yet.
Also 😱 you got a vote out early??? When did you start doing that? Not that I'm complaining but last I played I had just gotten used to you voting late
Idk I felt like it.
I'm not following your logic here. You're voting for someone because they potentially agreed with your theory?
Well when you say it like that... 😛
This is my attempt at NK analysis, when normally in these games I just fly by the seat of my pants and see where it gets me. Why would wolves kill AM when she had a healthy amount of sketch? (Not saying it was enough sketch to get lynched, just saying you need to have enough sketch even as a wolf so that people don't start asking "hey why are they still alive anyway?")
I think there is eventual death, maybe immediate death if the player is strong enough.
Where are you getting this from?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@WildZoo what do you think of Skimble today? She has been back on and only has discussed the issue from yesterday surrounding AM but not other thoughts. Does that not strike you as odd?
Not particularly. When she's busy she tends to respond to people addressing her and give her other thoughts later when she has more time. I just kind of assumed that's what was going on today since she only posted 3 times.
 
Also, SAR hasnt contributed today except to say thanks for saving her and that she'd be away shopping?

Not shopping, Christmas tree hunting. Like good old fashioned drive out to the mountains and cut down a tree type hunting. That said, I am home but it's Gray Cup Sunday (very similar to your Superbowl, but Canadian style) so honestly I will be around tonight but not contributing and evaluating to the level I'd like. I do ask for patience (realizing how ridiculous that is to ask for in a ww game) until tomorrow for my usual type of play. I'm opposite to most people where my activity is low on weekends but higher on weekdays during class breaks

I can't battle every night.

Hmmm. Can you elaborate on this?

I can soft vouch that this information rings true

Does your soft vouch extend to the not being able to battle every night?
 
If anyone had/has any specific questions for me since I can see my lynch has gained some steam again as usual, please let me know again now that I'm around so that I can respond appropriately. With the game on, I don't know that I will specifically make it through all the posts that may be looking for info from me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have shelter as both wolfyish and neutral 😛
That feels about right, actually. :laugh:
The night kills don't affect your thoughts on cheezit at all?
I can't remember if you've played since the inception of the #sketchmasons
I have no idea what this means so apparently not.
IIRC, swift has nothing to do with hitting first, just that it will ALWAYS hit (unless the opposing pokemon is in the middle of Dig or Fly)
I was so convinced I was right about this that I indignantly went to bulbapedia to prove myself right... and discovered I was wrong. Womp. Childhood me would be ashamed.
 
Gotta catch up and about to put up our tree, so will be back with more in a bit. But some thoughts/clarifications



Cray was referring to me.



Dubz can confirm, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with her play in the last few games and being off. I remember thinking it was weird but not wolfy as a joke vote in context of the last few games. Part of why I didn't vote for her out of self-prez D1.



but.... what? Care to finish that thought?



Who do you think it would give info on?



This is also something that I'd like to know. @nyanko , since you're the only one who's admitted to being able to start a battle, it would be helpful to get some info. Do you just pick someone to battle and then you battle? Do you pick which pokemon you send out? Do you get to pick which attacks to use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but this feels like a potentially mechanics heavy game.
I'm just kind of trailing off there. Like but....I have nothing more to say because I don't know what it could be.
 
I was so convinced I was right about this that I indignantly went to bulbapedia to prove myself right... and discovered I was wrong. Womp. Childhood me would be ashamed.
The only reason I looked into it is because I'm playing Let's Go right now and my Eevee just got swift
 
D2 Literally Half the Roster Lynch tally:
shelter (3) - Cray, Glamm, capri
Coffee? (2) - WZ, Snowy
Cray (1) - nyan
Dolphin (1) - Mixy
WZ ()
Skimble (2) - Coffee?, genny
Capri (1) - dolph
SAR (2) - KB, mutts
Mel (1) - Trilt
Gwen (1) - Mel
mutts (1) - shelter
Mixy (1) - Gwen
ny (1) - SAR

17/21

Lynch closes in ~2 hours.
 
Last night I switched from SAR to grebes because Grebes felt more lurky and SAR more vocal. Looking at the actual posts now there's not much content from SAR that makes me think her village. I could lynch here still.
See, and I saw that last night and it caught my eye in a way I didn't like. SAR, as far as I could tell, hadn't done anything since you voted for her, you responded to a general question to the world by swapping your vote, and it moved right as momentum went to her lynch. Since I find her and you a lil sketchy it just makes me go hmmm about whether the change was for a reason.

if that makes sense.
 
See, and I saw that last night and it caught my eye in a way I didn't like. SAR, as far as I could tell, hadn't done anything since you voted for her, you responded to a general question to the world by swapping your vote, and it moved right as momentum went to her lynch. Since I find her and you a lil sketchy it just makes me go hmmm about whether the change was for a reason.

if that makes sense.
I get what you're saying:
I swung a lynch vote away from someone you find sketch and used little to no logic to do it, so I am sketch too.
I'm saying my logic is terrible this game because my brain is fuzzy and I might be flying by the seat of my pants.....not the best explanation haha
My thought process was/is that wolves were laying low yesterday and today and grebes was less vocal than SAR, so I voted there.
 
I get what you're saying:
I swung a lynch vote away from someone you find sketch and used little to no logic to do it, so I am sketch too.
I'm saying my logic is terrible this game because my brain is fuzzy and I might be flying by the seat of my pants.....not the best explanation haha
My thought process was/is that wolves were laying low yesterday and today and grebes was less vocal than SAR, so I voted there.
small correction that you're independently sketch on your own merits, tyvm. 😉

did you ever get your damn cheezits btw?
 
I think AM seems like a weird wolf kill after all the deliberation on her. I'd almost blame things on battles (as Stagg describes above) but with the explicit description of her dying swiftly then having her body ravaged that doesn't necessarily sound like being beat down bit by bit.

now that I've just typed that, it's worth noting there is a move literally called swift that always hits first... I need more info on battle mechanics before more conclusions, but yeah, just generally feels that the kill didn't feel wolfy.
I thought AM was leaning more village after last night. If this was a multi-village team-up, why did multiple people target her?

so, I voted for AM in the first place because I thought voting for oneself was weird. I didn't realize the LIS rule was a thing until WZ posted in response to my lynch vote saying that I used the rule, "effectiveness to be determined" - or something along those lines. I understand that my assumed knowledge of the rule was why people were OK with my vote at first, so why would I want to take away that credibility from myself? I wouldn't. I was being honest which I felt was the best route. I didn't move my vote because, similarly to all games I've ever played, it's hard for me to make reads on d1. I kept my vote where it was to see the direction in which things would go. I didn't change my vote because 1) I wasn't able to keep up enough yesterday to make any good reads and 2) it didn't seem to me that AM was going to be lynched anyway. I was going to change my vote if it had seemed AM was leading the vote, but she wasn't, so I wasn't overly concerned.
Still not liking this answer, since it sounds like you were lurking enough to know whether AM was in front.

I don’t know that I believe this.
...So you don't want people to out their mechanics and don't trust when people discuss them in vague terms?

I don't remember how it is for main series games but Pokemon GO gives an "Oh?"
IIRC, this is true in main games. Evolution does the same thing.

"You felt a weird sort of...huh" is what it sais
This makes me think of a Confusion status effect. Psyduck with a migraine, maybe?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad