I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh no, at this point this is not based on how wolfy you are as of this very moment

it was saying that you've earned a D1 salt vote

I'm not sure how this became all about your meta, except that other people asked why you were getting D1 salt votes, that's where a pattern of behavior was discussed that prompted them

Yea, I was Morton this morning, so was probably just reading into stuff too much. Completely expected the votes from you and Dubz D1. Still confused about SAR's vote though, weird logic there creeps me out.

Guys. I've figured it out. We just put Stagg and Mel together.

STaggMeL

Everything makes sense now

I still don't understand...

lmao

how's that for remembering games that never happened....

boy am I glad we have AM, I used to think I had Alzheimer's until WZ posted the list of games. Now I realize I don't, it's that AM has a savant memory.

It's OK, I went through a phase where I thought I was a scum-hunting god after Mermaid until AM set me straight.

Yea, that was during the "new dad" phase and that month is essentially blacked out in my mind. I just remembered really wanting to play the wedding games and blacking out cycle, probably because I was bitter that I finally had time to actually play and got immediately lynched.

why do all the ones not to endgame have two phases listed?

First is the day/night I died, second is how long the game lasted.

so this clearly supports that he is currently a player that should not live to end game

:cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
lmao

how's that for remembering games that never happened....

boy am I glad we have AM, I used to think I had Alzheimer's until WZ posted the list of games. Now I realize I don't, it's that AM has a savant memory.

It's OK, I went through a phase where I thought I was a scum-hunting god after Mermaid until AM set me straight.

I really didn't say anything about Mermaid other than I thought the redirection was sick and 20Q is good.

I think it's a moot point for claiming that AM's mason is a wolf. Can we move on?
+1 village points for trying to move the discussion on... unless that's what a wolf would do

although it's always possible that a shared PM is shared because it's really wolf chat

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I'm still on the same skill level as everyone else and am not infallible.

I really didn't say anything about Mermaid other than I thought the redirection was sick and 20Q is good.
I claimed I personally killed 2 wolves, identified a 3rd on thread for lynch, and then told everyone the fourth one, but I think you said I had that wrong

I claimed I personally killed 2 wolves, identified a 3rd on thread for lynch, and then told everyone the fourth one, but I think you said I had that wrong

Only said there wasn't four wolves. The rest still happened.

He just wants another Melcentric fanfic.
TBH, Who doesn’t?

cl2rqaD.jpg

ieniawmivd021.jpg

bb6.jpeg

Too soon! And it was 5 places not three :p

Consider yourself blessed then to have never been idiot savant'd.
You make it sound like idiot savants are a bad thing!

Reactions: 3 users
I still don't understand. Does this mean STL was an idiot savant or that he would turn me into one or that I'm just an idiot?

STL was THE idiot savant. Sadly, after modding a game that lasted over a month, it drained his life forces to a point of never recovering. It's believed that his soul resides in a new corporeal body that is Mel and Mel gets stronger by the day as he learns to master the ancient power.

Reactions: 13 users
I think if you all want to continue discussing when exactly he has been a wolf that's all your parogative. Doesn't have to mean I like it or that you have to agree with me. However, he's not being quiet and only offering few bits of information like he did last game if we are discussing his wolf play. He's boldly defending. Indicative of wolf or not who knows. I don't, but what I have seen of his current play seems like super annoyed village. What imo would be a better use of time is analysis of his current play style over preivous times. My play style definately changes based on what's going on in my life atm so potato patato I find metas hard to follow and if a person tries hard enough can completely disrupt their meta play leaving everyone up the river without a paddle.
Here's the thing when someone doesn't like what's being discussed:

They can ALWAYS offer their own two cents on anything they like. No one is stopping anyone.

Also, I noted Stagg boldly defending/attacking in past wolf games. I'm not saying that means he's wolf. I'm saying I think it's null tell, because at least in my own mind, it just seems like a style point with him.

I thought the Stagg discussion was fine? (I mean i understand being annoyed on Stagg’s end). Why exactly do you view it as a problem @MixedAnimals77

I enjoy being able to look at people’s reasoning as Stagg posts. I also always view Stagg as salty even when not so I haven’t been bothered by his aggressiveness. Back to AM from yesterday I was super confused at first but I realized what she was doing. However I don’t know how beneficial vs not it is for AM to not let more votes build, vs the early bird thing she mentioned. But I definitely don’t have that as a wolfy thing to attempt.

Also yeah @genny can you maybe provide a reason for that vote? I thought maybe asking nicely will improve my chances :happy:

Also don’t know how to feel about koffee (coffee?) atm.
I like this post.

Members don't see this ad :)
For her in particular because she was the third person to do it, yes.
Oh, it would have been my vote out of the gate if I'd gotten there first.

I was fine going to the mat on a D1 salt vote unless something else popped up D1, as I've said it sometimes truly can. If you can't **** off on D1 and walk down AM's eerily on point memory lane, when can you?

Now I'm moving on. I'm reading Stagg as null right now. Stagg feels like Stagg, I don't have a feel on him either way, others are making my tummy feel funnier so that's where my attention is.

Placing a single d1 vote on a fellow wolf is considered bussing now? News to me. It was d1 with plenty of time to change her vote.
You're grasping at straws here. The risk as a wolf of "bandwagoning" a vote there on a fellow wolf, and why I don't like voting my fellow wolves in general when I do wolf, is you don't know at what point a train takes off and if you can't unring that bell merely by unlynching.

This is also why I don't like pressure votes, either. Vote for the person you actually want most to see dead, because that's exactly what your vote has the power to do.

okay fair enough. It was the game where I'd seered you and was trying to convince village to lynch you (without revealing), but Cray spent the entire day trying to undermine my argument and get you off the hook.
I believe there was a wolf conversion mechanism we even knew about (I could be wrong) and tried to dig all my packmates out anyway.

I just posted a super long treatise on wolfing, and more than once have said how much I hate wolf bussing. I've committed the sin of proper wolf bussing by like hopping on the train as the last vote (I think I did this with Coffee in her first wolf out, I know I tried to save her from LIS too) because I'm loathe and therefore slow to do it.

This also sets us up for some massive WIFOM on all of this, I just have no idea how anyone could *really* think this is Cray-Stagg thing is w vs w or w vs v on my end. Any of you that have wolfed with me know I find w/w interactions very challenging, mostly because I am afraid it will backfire and result in a dead wolf.

Returning to this post of genny

I think it is interesting because she is usually the kind to drop a vote without explaining. So I feel like actually defending a D1 vote seems odd. That's just me.

I also had G4 (trying a nickname) for a wolf pup briefly. She kept her cool during the game and ended up winning. Genny played that game too and so I think it's odd to jump to excited wolf pup here.
it is odd - village genny is the more helpful version, so I actually have her lean a bit village whenever she does do more than drop a vote and run

If I seriously die D1 here, again, I'm done. Havent survived past D2 since Afterparty. Everybody making crap up about how I'm wolf when literally I always play the same way and hello I cant actually do anything if you kill me right away.
I didn't really have you as all too wolfy until this.

FORGET IT
KILL ME

IDC

ME VOTING IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING.

If I voted where I wanted to the most I'd vote for Skimble. Her openers are so similar to Scientifically Silly game that for a friggin D1 vote is what I could pick up on. Genny is on mu list tok for as I referenced before. But, it's D1, these are weak arguments that I'm not able to push.
That last sentence reads wolfy. It's nitpicky that I find the language reads wolfy.

I'm not saying this to upset you or get you mislynched D2 if you are a villager. Just an FYI.

Pretty neutral rn. I didn't even know the LIS rule was a thing until it was pointed out to me. Personally AM is always sketchy to me because of the way she questions people but again it's just a personal feeling. I think AM and I misread each other's tones quite frequently and she often thinks I'm throwing shade when I'm not. Same vice versa.

I don't like talking about previous games to begin with so the harping on that stuff bothers me. I feel like it's a distraction to throw people off. So anyone stuck on previous game crap is on my list. I can only think of WZ and Stagg but I know there were others.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
really? those were the only 2 that stood out for that? or did I already call you out once, and as a wolf you're not interested in calling me out?

@SARdoghandler , you're now tied for the lead. Want to defend yourself/your vote?
I actually have you as village leaning at the moment, but it's when you pull stuff like this that I start to think otherwise. I can't put a finger on how to explain what it is here. Maybe it's the way you point your FOS.

K. Gonna go to sleep, yeah, it's 5 am PST. I should be up before deadline, which what, 7 or 8 pm PST? CST confuses me greatly.

Stagg - off his dick now. It was a D1 salt vote that got out of control, but hey, between AM's self vote and that, we got a nice active D1 out if it.
AM - very village lean.
WZ - hard to explain why I feel the evil from her. Keep in mind, when she's village there is no one I am more suspicious of, and I honestly can't recall when I'm played with wolfy WZ, but I'm sure it happened. Pretty sure wolfy WZ has a more diabolical sense of humour and feel on thread. It could also be I haven't played with her in a while, and a number of us are being sassy on thread. Very slight wolf lean, that could in fact really be a sign of her being village. Like, I'm torn.
Allie - her logic on her call about me and Stagg just defies logic to a point that has me reading wolf. I tend to lean village on Allie as a rule, because statistically that would make sense anyway, but I'm also used to her early village play. Her play today flummoxed me. Wolf lean here.
dolphin - made a lot of sense to me, I'm going to read that as village for now.
Trilt & Kara - good game contributions. That's sorta null tell for them, actually. I can't pretend to know how to read them at all, except that I think they're good players and they gave us some of that sugar today.
Ny - I can't read ny for shyte, but she felt oddly very helpful today.
Mel - doesn't feel like Mel, but I won't claim it's wolfy at all. As usual though, I found that he made good contributions.
Capri - feels like the speed game. I read null on her overall at this point. Need to see more content.
genny - I'd have to go back and look at her actual content. I think I disagreed with her thinking, and I'd have to re-evaluate if that affects where I put her, I will say that my reaction to the way she contributed was that it felt like town genny.
mutt - I have no idea. Who voted for mutt? I'd look there to see if there's any wolves going for straggler sheep.
StayPos - null per her meta
Skimble and MA's feels on AM have me suspicious of them. MA's reactions in a few places reads wolfy to me.
SAR - not seeing what others are seeingas wolfy, EXCEPT, I will say the timing of her return on thread this evening bothered me and was the first thing that felt wolfy to me on her.
JB - we need to see a lot more content.
Coffee - wolfy lean. I'd have to go back to see just exactly what set off my tingles. It's probably just fair to say where I replied to her, you can see. Anyone on a certain side of the AM thing has my attention, I didn't like where she was on that. I don't know that wolf Coffee is that sassy or not, someone tell me.
The play we got from Glam, Gwen & Snowy was disappointing. In the sense, let down. What they came on and did put on thread was fine, but where's more and the votes?

contingency lynch Shelter

The hem-haw-y post about being first, I get it, you could be wrong, but why that level of insecurity about it? That reads as subtly subconsciously wolfy to me.

Going after that opening on AM - yes, others didn't like AM's move either. What sets Shelter apart? Read above and my next point.

Changing likes? Maybe it's what she says it is. I get it that like analysis is not the end-all be-all. But in general wolves tend to be way higher strung about projected image, they absolutely have a duplicitous agenda, and that can play out as edited posts and taken-back likes.

For a contingency D2 vote before I pass out and wake up to a whole new set of data points, I feel comfortable with where my vote is and what it's based on.

Reactions: 1 users
As said, D1 you do have limited this-game-only data points, so "memory lane" is one way to pass the time.

We've got some points to work with moving forward.

STL was THE idiot savant. Sadly, after modding a game that lasted over a month, it drained his life forces to a point of never recovering. It's believed that his soul resides in a new corporeal body that is Mel and Mel gets stronger by the day as he learns to master the ancient power.
Sounds like the beginning of a good fanfic to me :corny:

Reactions: 5 users

Let’s just call coffee? “joe”
Personally hate the koffee trend
Unless you are secretly a kardashian........

.........in which case I hate it even more

Let’s just call coffee? “joe”
Personally hate the koffee trend
Unless you are secretly a kardashian........

.........in which case I hate it even more

It was because she was baby modding along with karabeans and kdubs but she was coffee so I made her koffee to fit the theme.

Reactions: 2 users
Shout out though to that time that @SportPonies was running the pack and @Karabiner13 outlined some 5 point plan for the wolves after she was converted and then I was converted. I can't say I learned from the so much since I just did whatever they told me to do and it worked out.

Yeah, I did poof for like... One school year ish? I feel like I played a lot from my noob game through the following summer, poofed, then came back this summer and got re-addicted. Still, I've played enough that I feel like I should be better than I am. But hell, I just toodle around and play by the seat of my pants hoping for the best (directly why if ww was school yard pick I'd totally be one of the last picked but hey, someone gotta fill that spot)
None of us really know what we're doing, ya silly goose

It was because she was baby modding along with karabeans and kdubs but she was coffee so I made her koffee to fit the theme.

Hahahaha ok that makes more sense.
I was like..... where did this come from?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm putting this in spoilers because it's long and mostly not game related. Fite me.
so this clearly supports that he is currently a player that should not live to end game
*snort*

@WildZoo was totally right about that re-hashing too :p
I know my cray cray ;)

Also, I'm still on the same skill level as everyone else and am not infallible.
Yeah but it's much more fun to pretend you are!

Much to my chagrin...

Sounds like the beginning of a good fanfic to me :corny:
I could probably make a lot of money writing that...

I, at the very least, disagree in the wolfing department.
How many games have you won as a wolf now? Hush.

Night 1 Write-Up

Nothing was still across Kanto and Johto last night. Tall grass rustled. Friendly exchanges were had. Winds shifted. Evil lurked in the dark. Very little sleep was had for anyone.

1200px-JohtoMap.png

As townspeople awoke in the morning, shock spread over the land. Murder. Murder in cold blood.

One trainer was found in a field, body so badly mutilated, he was almost unrecognizable. Police said he was killed early in the night- the kill swift. But someone - someONES? - had ravaged the body after death. One person? Two? Three? Or were they wild Pokemon? It was impossible to tell. Obviously more than one person had an issue with his attitude. He was only identifiable by his spiky brown hair, still gelled stiffly in place.

Dead is @Animal Midwife, Gary Oak (villager)

NiceGregariousArctichare-size_restricted.gif

But wait! On the tiny Cinnabar Islands, another death. Up on the cliffs, another body, found. This one, less torn apart. His sunglasses were placed next to him. Obviously the victim had been writing riddles when he was killed.

300px-Cinnabar_Island_HGSS.png

Dead is @StayingPositive2017, Blaine (villager)
3023be3035ff2120972afe96d14eba804cb97d29_hq.gif

Others across the countries, bruised after last night, but still alive. It was time to find those responsible for these untimely deaths.​

21 remain.

The Roster:
1. @muttmanager
2. @Skimble
3. @capri1722
7. @WildZoo
8. @Trilt
9. @nyanko
10. @MixedAnimals77
11. @CoffeeQuestionMark
12. @SARdoghandler
13. @SnowshoeDog143