KCOM residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kumar28

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any information on KCOM's previous match results. This might be a stupid question, but is it possible to do cardiology following DO school.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You sure can do cardiology after going to kcom. However, I don't know of any list that you can look at stating where a person matches to for cardio for the following reason.

Cardiology is a fellowship that is done after the Resident does 3 years of internal medicine. Therefore, any recent budding cardiologists will only show as having matched to internal medicine residecies. They then have to complete their residency and apply for cardio fellowships.

I know there are KCOM grads who are cardiologists because, one of my professors at KCOM is a cardiologist (taught us our cardiology section in IM). Secondly, I know a 3rd year resident who graduated from KCOM and who did his residency at KCOM who will be doing his cardio fellowship at the University of Missouri in Columbia.

Hope this answers your questions.

Sweaty Paul

There is not a specialty that I can think of that someone from KCOM has not matched to. As far as fellowships, that is a bit harder to keep track of.

Graduating from KCOM or any DO school will not prevent you from getting any residency. Good luck.

-Jason
www.jasondreyer.com