-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2025
Started by RoseFutureDVM7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cassafrass
Full Member
congrats!ACCEPTED
Cassafrass
Full Member
I haven't heard anything further about it.whatever happened with their virtual tour? This is probably the school I know the least about
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Accepted!! [Got email] obv dont mean I accepted lol just I got accepted.
Cassafrass
Full Member
Congratulations!!Got the acceptance email 4:29 today!
Cassafrass
Full Member
Seeee!! I knew something was going to work out for you!! Congrats!!Accepted!! [Got email] obv dont mean I accepted lol just I got accepted.
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Yea but I still want to hear back from tufts 🤣 i dont want to move....Seeee!! I knew something was going to work out for you!! Congrats!!
Cassafrass
Full Member
fair enough, but an option is an option, all the same!!Yea but I still want to hear back from tufts 🤣 i dont want to move....
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Very true.fair enough, but an option is an option, all the same!!
phyllostachys
Full Member
OOS acceptance
Cassafrass
Full Member
congrats!OOS acceptance
atlanticaccra
Full Member
OOS Accepted!!! Hoping to hear back to see what this school looks like though! How exciting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nettarod00
Full Member
Still waiting To hear back from tufts and LIU whether it be denial waitlist or interview. Hanging in there
atlanticaccra
Full Member
Does anyone know what the latest to respond to is? I'm still waiting on my IS school
Cassafrass
Full Member
4/15 is the common commitment dateDoes anyone know what the latest to respond to is? I'm still waiting on my IS school
rosie_didonato
Full Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! does anyone know if we can make an account without having to make a final decision?
Cassafrass
Full Member
congratsOOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! does anyone know if we can make an account without having to make a final decision?
OOS acceptance! I’ll most likely be turning down this offer, but I’m going to wait until I’ve heard back from every school
Is anyone still waiting to hear? 🥺
Congrats to everyone accepted!
Congrats to everyone accepted!
nettarod00
Full Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! does anyone know if we can make an account without having to make a final decision?
Me !Is anyone still waiting to hear? 🥺
Congrats to everyone accepted!
Cassafrass
Full Member
congrats!OOS acceptance! I’ll most likely be turning down this offer, but I’m going to wait until I’ve heard back from every school
yes I haven't heard.Is anyone still waiting to hear? 🥺
Congrats to everyone accepted!
OOS Acceptance, but still waiting to hear from my IS, University of Florida. Interviewing there on the 30th.
I interviewed on the very last day (1/09) later in the afternoon. Wbu?congrats!
yes I haven't heard.
Cassafrass
Full Member
10:15am on the 9th 🙂I interviewed on the very last day (1/09) later in the afternoon. Wbu?
I interviewed on the 9th at 2pm and was accepted. Hope you hear back soon!!!10:15am on the 9th 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also havent heard anything yet and interviewed on the 9th... should i be nervous I can’t decide
Cassafrass
Full Member
congrats!I interviewed on the 9th at 2pm and was accepted. Hope you hear back soon!!!
Just keep swimming! 🐠
Cassafrass
Full Member
Just keep swimming! 🐠
atlanticaccra
Full Member
I’d like to know this too!OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!! does anyone know if we can make an account without having to make a final decision?
Hi everyone, I'm a current LIU vetmed student and wanted to say congrats to everyone accepted! Everyone who still hasn't heard, hang in there & stay positive, I got my acceptance via email a week and a half after my interview but some students had already been accepted a few days/weeks before I heard anything. I think our time frame for things was a bit later last year but just to give an idea I applied late January before the cycle closed, received an email for an interview in early March, interviewed the following week, and got accepted 10 days later. I'm not sure if there's a particular way the school reaches out but I believe they try to get back to everyone asap. They will make sure to reach out if you are waitlisted/denied as well so they don't leave anyone hanging, but I would say it might be over the next week or two before everyone hears back, so I know it's hard but stay patient they are balancing a lot between getting the new class ready, finishing up stuff for the first class, and of course dealing with pandemic related issues. Also there were a few students that came off the waitlist right before school started, so never give up hope no matter what happens🙂
So far the school has been great, especially given being a new school during a pandemic! Dr.Inzana and all the faculty are really nice, very helpful, and really care about us students. They try to keep us and our opinions in mind when looking for ways to better the program, and really work with us to make this journey as stress-less as possible. The campus is beautiful, the new anatomy lab is officially up and running but we are still waiting on our vet med building to be finished for our lectures. I think it worked out well anyway because they've been using a big lecture hall to accommodate social distancing which kept the entire class covid-free last semester. The campus did close for a short period due to a small outbreak with undergrads, but the vet school was able to stay open as we were separated for lectures/labs. The vet med program is definitely well prepared to keep our education and safety a top priority, if anyone was wondering what things might be like in the fall if covid numbers are still high. We've been able to get hands-on with animals right off the bat, and have the option to livestream/re-watch lectures from the safety of home/your dorm if more comfortable.
I don't want to make this too long I just remembered that a lot of us used student doctor network when we were applying/waiting to hear back but after getting acceptances we made a GroupMe for the entire class that we all use now instead. The GroupMe is very helpful while in school but was also helpful when figuring out who was looking to dorm/live off campus, needed roommates, etc. Anyway I thought it might be helpful to check back here if anyone in the incoming class had questions, I hope this helps! I’ll try to check back here soon but don’t worry the school is currently working on getting a group of students from the first class to be available for the incoming class and any questions you might have, so there will be that to look forward to soon too. Can't wait to meet you guys next year!
So far the school has been great, especially given being a new school during a pandemic! Dr.Inzana and all the faculty are really nice, very helpful, and really care about us students. They try to keep us and our opinions in mind when looking for ways to better the program, and really work with us to make this journey as stress-less as possible. The campus is beautiful, the new anatomy lab is officially up and running but we are still waiting on our vet med building to be finished for our lectures. I think it worked out well anyway because they've been using a big lecture hall to accommodate social distancing which kept the entire class covid-free last semester. The campus did close for a short period due to a small outbreak with undergrads, but the vet school was able to stay open as we were separated for lectures/labs. The vet med program is definitely well prepared to keep our education and safety a top priority, if anyone was wondering what things might be like in the fall if covid numbers are still high. We've been able to get hands-on with animals right off the bat, and have the option to livestream/re-watch lectures from the safety of home/your dorm if more comfortable.
I don't want to make this too long I just remembered that a lot of us used student doctor network when we were applying/waiting to hear back but after getting acceptances we made a GroupMe for the entire class that we all use now instead. The GroupMe is very helpful while in school but was also helpful when figuring out who was looking to dorm/live off campus, needed roommates, etc. Anyway I thought it might be helpful to check back here if anyone in the incoming class had questions, I hope this helps! I’ll try to check back here soon but don’t worry the school is currently working on getting a group of students from the first class to be available for the incoming class and any questions you might have, so there will be that to look forward to soon too. Can't wait to meet you guys next year!
nettarod00
Full Member
Hi everyone, I'm a current LIU vetmed student and wanted to say congrats to everyone accepted! Everyone who still hasn't heard, hang in there & stay positive, I got my acceptance via email a week and a half after my interview but some students had already been accepted a few days/weeks before I heard anything. I think our time frame for things was a bit later last year but just to give an idea I applied late January before the cycle closed, received an email for an interview in early March, interviewed the following week, and got accepted 10 days later. I'm not sure if there's a particular way the school reaches out but I believe they try to get back to everyone asap. They will make sure to reach out if you are waitlisted/denied as well so they don't leave anyone hanging, but I would say it might be over the next week or two before everyone hears back, so I know it's hard but stay patient they are balancing a lot between getting the new class ready, finishing up stuff for the first class, and of course dealing with pandemic related issues. Also there were a few students that came off the waitlist right before school started, so never give up hope no matter what happens🙂
So far the school has been great, especially given being a new school during a pandemic! Dr.Inzana and all the faculty are really nice, very helpful, and really care about us students. They try to keep us and our opinions in mind when looking for ways to better the program, and really work with us to make this journey as stress-less as possible. The campus is beautiful, the new anatomy lab is officially up and running but we are still waiting on our vet med building to be finished for our lectures. I think it worked out well anyway because they've been using a big lecture hall to accommodate social distancing which kept the entire class covid-free last semester. The campus did close for a short period due to a small outbreak with undergrads, but the vet school was able to stay open as we were separated for lectures/labs. The vet med program is definitely well prepared to keep our education and safety a top priority, if anyone was wondering what things might be like in the fall if covid numbers are still high. We've been able to get hands-on with animals right off the bat, and have the option to livestream/re-watch lectures from the safety of home/your dorm if more comfortable.
I don't want to make this too long I just remembered that a lot of us used student doctor network when we were applying/waiting to hear back but after getting acceptances we made a GroupMe for the entire class that we all use now instead. The GroupMe is very helpful while in school but was also helpful when figuring out who was looking to dorm/live off campus, needed roommates, etc. Anyway I thought it might be helpful to check back here if anyone in the incoming class had questions, I hope this helps! I’ll try to check back here soon but don’t worry the school is currently working on getting a group of students from the first class to be available for the incoming class and any questions you might have, so there will be that to look forward to soon too. Can't wait to meet you guys next year!
😍Hi everyone, I'm a current LIU vetmed student and wanted to say congrats to everyone accepted! Everyone who still hasn't heard, hang in there & stay positive, I got my acceptance via email a week and a half after my interview but some students had already been accepted a few days/weeks before I heard anything. I think our time frame for things was a bit later last year but just to give an idea I applied late January before the cycle closed, received an email for an interview in early March, interviewed the following week, and got accepted 10 days later. I'm not sure if there's a particular way the school reaches out but I believe they try to get back to everyone asap. They will make sure to reach out if you are waitlisted/denied as well so they don't leave anyone hanging, but I would say it might be over the next week or two before everyone hears back, so I know it's hard but stay patient they are balancing a lot between getting the new class ready, finishing up stuff for the first class, and of course dealing with pandemic related issues. Also there were a few students that came off the waitlist right before school started, so never give up hope no matter what happens🙂
So far the school has been great, especially given being a new school during a pandemic! Dr.Inzana and all the faculty are really nice, very helpful, and really care about us students. They try to keep us and our opinions in mind when looking for ways to better the program, and really work with us to make this journey as stress-less as possible. The campus is beautiful, the new anatomy lab is officially up and running but we are still waiting on our vet med building to be finished for our lectures. I think it worked out well anyway because they've been using a big lecture hall to accommodate social distancing which kept the entire class covid-free last semester. The campus did close for a short period due to a small outbreak with undergrads, but the vet school was able to stay open as we were separated for lectures/labs. The vet med program is definitely well prepared to keep our education and safety a top priority, if anyone was wondering what things might be like in the fall if covid numbers are still high. We've been able to get hands-on with animals right off the bat, and have the option to livestream/re-watch lectures from the safety of home/your dorm if more comfortable.
I don't want to make this too long I just remembered that a lot of us used student doctor network when we were applying/waiting to hear back but after getting acceptances we made a GroupMe for the entire class that we all use now instead. The GroupMe is very helpful while in school but was also helpful when figuring out who was looking to dorm/live off campus, needed roommates, etc. Anyway I thought it might be helpful to check back here if anyone in the incoming class had questions, I hope this helps! I’ll try to check back here soon but don’t worry the school is currently working on getting a group of students from the first class to be available for the incoming class and any questions you might have, so there will be that to look forward to soon too. Can't wait to meet you guys next year!
Did anyone else accepted make a username and password. I definitely am not making a deposit at the moment since I'm waiting to hear from other schools, but I still signed in because I wasn't sure if they would be putting any info there. It wasn't very specific on the email on what to do other than how to pay the deposit.
Dang, nothing in my emails. I thought I did well on my interviews. Guess not. Oh well
I was so giddy and happy after my interview because I thought I did so well but I have also received nothing. Happens *shrug*Dang, nothing in my emails. I thought I did well on my interviews. Guess not. Oh well
I also interviewed on the 9th and haven't heard anything yet.Is anyone still waiting to hear? 🥺
Congrats to everyone accepted!
Same. Full of energy feeling like it went so well. Fingers crossed something changes for all of us!I was so giddy and happy after my interview because I thought I did so well but I have also received nothing. Happens *shrug*
Hey! How would you suggest going about looking for housing?Hi everyone, I'm a current LIU vetmed student and wanted to say congrats to everyone accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cassafrass
Full Member
If it’s just yourself, they have on campus housing. If you want off campus Zillow and other sites have a for rent option. The school may have some resources in the community too.Hey! How would you suggest going about looking for housing?
Congrats to everyone who got accepted, will they be sending a second round of interview invites?
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Not sure. Ik in the past they had rolling admission. If you are into the school maybe email them to ask for updates. When I got my interview invite I had to choose a day and time for the interview and there was a week span. So its possible they will do more depending on how many people applied. Not sure of the statistics on that. Ik the class seat is 100 or so people. And from what I looked up about liy they accept 84 percent (im assuming of interviews ) and 12 percent actually accept ot go to the achool.. not sure if thats specific to the veterinary school or liu as a whole. Just something I read.Congrats to everyone who got accepted, will they be sending a second round of interview invites?
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Do you know anyone who lives in conneticut or surrounding areas? It would be great to be somewhere where the commute back home to Massachusetts wouldn't be as long. And also the cost of living would be cheaper. I believe there are ferrys from conneticut to long island but not sure how it is to get from the ferry point to the school lolHi everyone, I'm a current LIU vetmed student and wanted to say congrats to everyone accepted! Everyone who still hasn't heard, hang in there & stay positive, I got my acceptance via email a week and a half after my interview but some students had already been accepted a few days/weeks before I heard anything. I think our time frame for things was a bit later last year but just to give an idea I applied late January before the cycle closed, received an email for an interview in early March, interviewed the following week, and got accepted 10 days later. I'm not sure if there's a particular way the school reaches out but I believe they try to get back to everyone asap. They will make sure to reach out if you are waitlisted/denied as well so they don't leave anyone hanging, but I would say it might be over the next week or two before everyone hears back, so I know it's hard but stay patient they are balancing a lot between getting the new class ready, finishing up stuff for the first class, and of course dealing with pandemic related issues. Also there were a few students that came off the waitlist right before school started, so never give up hope no matter what happens🙂
So far the school has been great, especially given being a new school during a pandemic! Dr.Inzana and all the faculty are really nice, very helpful, and really care about us students. They try to keep us and our opinions in mind when looking for ways to better the program, and really work with us to make this journey as stress-less as possible. The campus is beautiful, the new anatomy lab is officially up and running but we are still waiting on our vet med building to be finished for our lectures. I think it worked out well anyway because they've been using a big lecture hall to accommodate social distancing which kept the entire class covid-free last semester. The campus did close for a short period due to a small outbreak with undergrads, but the vet school was able to stay open as we were separated for lectures/labs. The vet med program is definitely well prepared to keep our education and safety a top priority, if anyone was wondering what things might be like in the fall if covid numbers are still high. We've been able to get hands-on with animals right off the bat, and have the option to livestream/re-watch lectures from the safety of home/your dorm if more comfortable.
I don't want to make this too long I just remembered that a lot of us used student doctor network when we were applying/waiting to hear back but after getting acceptances we made a GroupMe for the entire class that we all use now instead. The GroupMe is very helpful while in school but was also helpful when figuring out who was looking to dorm/live off campus, needed roommates, etc. Anyway I thought it might be helpful to check back here if anyone in the incoming class had questions, I hope this helps! I’ll try to check back here soon but don’t worry the school is currently working on getting a group of students from the first class to be available for the incoming class and any questions you might have, so there will be that to look forward to soon too. Can't wait to meet you guys next year!
Cassafrass
Full Member
The ferry runs to Port Jefferson...which is about an hour from the school. It wouldn’t be an easy commute. The ferries run hourly but can be impacted by weather. It’s also like $20 to ride and the ride is about an hour and 20 min cross sound.Do you know anyone who lives in conneticut or surrounding areas? It would be great to be somewhere where the commute back home to Massachusetts wouldn't be as long. And also the cost of living would be cheaper. I believe there are ferrys from conneticut to long island but not sure how it is to get from the ferry point to the school lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K