LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were so many people in my group even though I was in the second to last round. I hope I stood out enough because I desperately want to go here. Hopefully we find out more towards the beginning of March then later. The decision deadline is coming up pretty soon after all.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There were so many people in my group even though I was in the second to last round. I hope I stood out enough because I desperately want to go here. Hopefully we find out more towards the beginning of March then later. The decision deadline is coming up pretty soon after all.

The decision deadline for students is April 17th right? Is there a deadline for schools to release decisions?

The decision deadline for students is April 17th right? Is there a deadline for schools to release decisions?
The deadline is the 17th, I think the schools have to let us know by then. I don't think there is a specific date they have to let us know by. It would nice if they told us before the 17th!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they interviewed about 600 people. Does anyone know how many applications they received this year?

I think they interviewed about 600 people. Does anyone know how many applications they received this year?

At my 2/6 interview I was told 1800 applicants

They had a total of 1800 apps and interviewed 600 for 115 seats

That is still a lot of interviews!

I missed a call from Cumberland Gap, TN while I was at work today...no voicemail was left though. I stalked the number and it turned out to be the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the CVM. Anyone else get a call today and able to answer?

Last edited:
I missed a call from Cumberland Gap, TN while I was at work today...no voicemail was left though. I stalked the number and it turned out to be the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the CVM. Anyone else get a call today and able to answer?

Best keep your phone near this weekend. You will likely be receiving another call tomorrow.

It is insane that they interviewed almost 6x the amount of people they can accept! I can't imagine why they would decide to do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is insane that they interviewed almost 6x the amount of people they can accept! I can't imagine why they would decide to do that.

Most likely because they know people will instead accept their IS, or a school that has a teaching hospital, or because they are not technically fully accredited yet. This way they have many more options for their student class.

Reactions: 2 users

From what I understand, people who apply and are "qualified applicants" receive an interview. They like to take the time to "get to know" applicants before they make decisions.

From what I understand, people who apply and are "qualified applicants" receive an interview. They like to take the time to "get to know" applicants before they make decisions.

This is not true, they don't interview everyone who meets the minimum qualifications.

I think I was in your group. Feb. 3rd? There were so many people and I gad a fever and the flu during my interview but I didn't tell them so I am not sure how I did. This is my top school for sure! I hope we hear this week!

I think there was about 60 people in the final group when I interviewed. I'm grateful I at least went first for interviews. I'd hate to have been last and try to have to stand out after going through so many already

I received my acceptance letter in the mail today!! However, I have already accepted my seat at my in-state school, VMCVM. So I'll be reaching out to LMU this week to decline their offer. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I received my acceptance letter in the mail today!! However, I have already accepted my seat at my in-state school, VMCVM. So I'll be reaching out to LMU this week to decline their offer. Good luck everyone!
Did they also call you or just send you a letter?

Congratulations! Can you tell us when you interviewed and share your stats if you don't mind?

Did they also call you or just send you a letter?
Congratulations! Can you tell us when you interviewed and share your stats if you don't mind?
I missed a call from them Friday afternoon because I was working and didn't have my phone on me. It was under Cumberland Gap, TN...later that night I looked through the CVM directory and found that it was the dean's number. I received the letter in the mail today, however, it was dated December 5, 2016 (idk why they withheld it for so long?) and I interviewed November 22, 2016.

B.S. Biological Sciences at Virginia Tech - finished in 3 years
GRE: Q - 158, A- 155, W - 3.5
Overall GPA: 3.24
Last 45 GPA: 3.18
Science GPA: ~3.1
I worked at a spay-neuter clinic during undergrad, and a regular small animal practice during summers and breaks. so my veterinary hours were like ~2,500 hours
~100-150 hours food animal experience mostly from different animal science lab classes
~50 equine hours from volunteer opportunity
~300 undergraduate research hours in an Avian Immunology Lab
Extracurricular activities: Fraternity, Pre-vet club, choral ensemble, intramural sports, other random stuff

I honestly feel that I was a pretty average applicant. However, what I think set me apart was the year-long NIH-funded post-bacc program I did at Virginia Tech; in which I worked in a molecular virology lab, at the VMCVM, studying the molecular mechanisms of infection of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus.

Lastly, I feel that I had a pretty powerful personal statement in which I talked about how my experience visiting my parents native country in Latin America allowed me to see the interconnectedness of animal and human health, which subsequently sparked my interest in public health and improving vet med and animal health in developing countries. I was also able to relate my research experience by discussing the importance of biomedical research and the impact it has on global health.

Reactions: 1 users
I recieved an early acceptance back in December. I would love to share my stats with you guys because truthfully, I don't think they are outstanding. I definitely worked hard to get to where I am, but I did not expect to be accepted by any of my schools! Accepted to two out of five schools, and waitlisted at one. You all have a great chance!! Just believe in yourselves. The wait is almost over :soexcited:

Here are my stats:

4th year Biomedical Sciences major, 22 years old, female

Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0

GRE: V - 156 (72%) Q - 159 (73%) W - 4.5 (82%)

~500 hours Veterinary Experience (mostly small animal; job shadowing, conferences, volunteering at a clinic, and guest lecturers)

~320 hours Animal Experience (intern at a wildlife zoo, TA for a comparative anatomy lab, dog adoption events, zoo and aquarium management class) **I did not include my pet ownership in my hours for animal experience.

~520 hours of Research (intern/employee conducting sea turtle research)

Employment: College bookstore (summer 2014)

Extracurriculars: Secretary of pre-vet society, Member of pre-vet society, Member of holistic healing club, Area Council member, Honors Congress member, Environmental club (HS) Vice President

Is it March yet.......:dead:

I have a feeling we will hear late this week, last year they started calls on Feb 25

Just got the acceptance call today :) I am sure more will be going out this week!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the acceptance call last night!!! YAHOO!!!! :soexcited:

I got an acceptance call on Sunday. I also got into my IS school:love:, so I will be declining LMU, but my spot will go to one of you deserving people who interviewed!
Here's my stats:
GPA 3.79
LAST 45 hour GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: around 3.7 ( don't remember exact number)
Vet hours: ~500 (small, large, equine and zoo)
Animal Care hours: Fostering, random volunteering, zoo internship
GRE: 157V 155Q 4.0

Well I'm starting to feel sick..

Chin up guys! lots of people are declining seats for other schools. I'm holding out some hope! Best of luck to everyone, we have all worked so incredibly hard to be here and we all deserve a shot, you're all awesome for getting to this point!

Does anyone know how many students are waitlisted and about how much the waitlist moves? Any current students on here know?

Are the seats full already? I haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know how many students are waitlisted and about how much the waitlist moves? Any current students on here know?
Last year I heard they moved about 50-60 people off the waitlist, so there's still a lot of hope even if you're waitlisted. I know they started moving people off the waitlist late March-early April.

Just received an acceptance phone call!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Guy!!

For those of you who are getting accepted my roommate and I are still looking for another roommate!

This post is mainly for those of you who have been accepted and are looking for a place to live. One of my roommates is moving out in Spring so my other roommate and myself are looking for a third person who would like to live with us. We are both 2nd years from Pennsylvania who will be 3rd years next fall (which means more help for you ;)). We already have a 3 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath house that we rent that is located in Ewing about 4 minutes away from the farm where first years spend the majority of their time. The house and the room that we have open is fully furnished, the only thing that you may want to pick up is a desk. In addition to this we also have pretty much any kitchen appliance you could want! Plus my roommate and I love to cook!

Pets are allowed in the house! I have a chinchilla and my roommate will have her older male boxer with her too! There is a pet deposit that is 600 if you have a cat or a dog you would split the deposit with my other roommate, but if it is just something small you do not need to worry about paying it! This deposit is refundable too!

Rent is $1000 (333 split between 3 people), internet is separate from this and is $50 a month per person (we have the fiber optic internet which is the best you can get down here. It has no data cap and works extremely well!), Electric varies depending on the time of year ( 100 to 200 a month) and this is divided by 3, Water is anywhere from 90 to 125 (also divided by 3)
So altogether you are looking at a rough estimate of about $470 dollars a month (this will vary by month). This is way cheaper than the pet dorms that the school has which comes out to be about $700 dollars a month.

If any one has any questions or is interested feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk some more!

- Haley

When did you guys interview? Also did anyone get calls in the evening?

I wish we could all get our decisions at once. These trickling results are torture! It's really nice that they are calling everyone individually though.

I wish we could all get our decisions at once. These trickling results are torture! It's really nice that they are calling everyone individually though.

I really like that the dean takes the time to call everyone. But yes the wait is antagonizing haha