LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys random question, I'm interviewing on February 6, super bowl is the day before, can any current students point me in a direction of a good place to watch the game the night before? Die hard football fan and don't want to be sitting alone in my hotel room all night watching haha.

I think Oasis (Harrogate) and Old Town Grill (Tazewell) typically show games. I'm not a big sports fan, but some classmates are.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In case anyone was curious, I talked to Ms Wheeler in admissions and she said they interview 600 people! That's so many!

Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone was curious, I talked to Ms Wheeler in admissions and she said they interview 600 people! That's so many!
Insanity how do they ever pick

Typically about 400 applicants are interviewed. There were about 1800 applicants this year. From those interviewed about 100 will be accepted.

Typically about 400 applicants are interviewed. There were about 1800 applicants this year. From those interviewed about 100 will be accepted.

I wonder why they decided to interview 200 more people than they normally do for this cycle. Seems like so much extra work lol.

I wonder why they decided to interview 200 more people than they normally do for this cycle. Seems like so much extra work lol.

I wonder if it has something to do with them having more applicants this year than any previous year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are they done sending out interview invites?

Not sure. I think they interview through February but I don't know how far into February. They tend to send put interview invites ~2 weeks before the interview date so there might still be a chance!

I was just reading the accepted student e-mail and decided to try logging into myLMU to look at the matriculation payment and I can't log in. I don't recall ever getting or creating a myLMU account, where can I find that do you think? I already tried the "find my username" but it keeps saying the page is unavailable.

I was just reading the accepted student e-mail and decided to try logging into myLMU to look at the matriculation payment and I can't log in. I don't recall ever getting or creating a myLMU account, where can I find that do you think? I already tried the "find my username" but it keeps saying the page is unavailable.
on the back of one of the acceptance letters they sent in the mail there are instructions on how to log in and what username/password to use.

on the back of one of the acceptance letters they sent in the mail there are instructions on how to log in and what username/password to use.

Ya know there are days where I question my intelligence and how I got into vet school, thank you haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone who has had an interview be willing to share some insight to the type of questions asked during the interview? I know some people have already shared some info but I was wondering if anyone has anything to add. Thanks in advance.

I have cancelled my interview. If LMU has a waiting list, good luck to whoever receives my spot!

Would anyone who has had an interview be willing to share some insight to the type of questions asked during the interview? I know some people have already shared some info but I was wondering if anyone has anything to add. Thanks in advance.

They ask you not to discuss the specific questions, so I know this is vague but it is a lot of situation based questions. Like "tell me a time when...." type stuff.

Also, they said the questions change with each interview session.

Does anyone know if LMU does skype interviews?

Has anyone heard anything from the November 21st interview? I know they were calling a small group of each people from each interview but I haven't heard anything

Has anyone heard anything from the November 21st interview? I know they were calling a small group of each people from each interview but I haven't heard anything

No, unfortunately not. It seemed like they were calling a couple 2 to 3 weeks after their interview. I am going out of my mind here lol

Would anyone that has already been accepted (congrats btw!) be willing to share their stats?

Would anyone that has already been accepted (congrats btw!) be willing to share their stats?

I'm happy to share! Considering my stats aren't that great and I got in, I hope it helps people haha.

GPA Overall: 3.37
Science: 3.2
GRE: 157 Verbal, 152 Quant
Shadowed 2 doctors for about 1,000 combined
2 semesters of undergrad research in an amphibian lab
Volunteered at a horse rescue, Spay and Neuter Clinic, and various other animal related organizations about 700 hours
Did a VIDA volunteer trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua (not sure how many actual clinic hours probably like 40? Maybe less)
Pre-Vet club volunteer coordinator for 2015-2016, and Vice Pres 2016-2017
Undergrad TA for Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and an Anatomy Tutor for a vet tech student for a while.
Showed I was "cultured" because I mentioned my VIDA trip and I also went to Israel on a Birthright trip.
Got rec letters from 2 doctors, 1 professor who oversaw the research, and the horse rescue I've donated a lot of time too.

I'm also volunteering in a clinic now just to get more comfortable with the office work side of an animal practice. I don't understand cornerstone to this day.
Anything I missed?

Second time applicant. Interviewed in 2015.
BS & working on MS in Biosystems Engineering. Undergrad minor of biology.
GPA overall is probably around a 3.3. Last 45 is probably a 3.7. I try to forget my GPAs as soon as I calculate them. ;)
GRE 158 158 4.5.

Vet hours, only about 150, all large animal.
Animal experience is a strength as I grew up on a farm. Strong research background, too.

As for extracurriculars, I was president of dairy club & collegiate 4-H at my school, regional ADSA president, as well as a few other officer & committee positions. Gave a couple presentations at national meetings. Dairy & livestock judging teams in college. Really active in 4-H and FFA growing up (was a state FFA officer my first year of college).

One of my eLORs was from a vet I'd shadowed who's known me since I was 10. Another was from my dairy club advisor, and another was from my research mentor/advisor (both of them have had me in class, too).

Hey Guys,
For the people who already interviewed, did you send a Thank-You note via snail mail?
Jen

Is anyone that got accepted to LMU going to another college? Because based on the posts there have been around 15 acceptance.

Is anyone that got accepted to LMU going to another college? Because based on the posts there have been around 15 acceptance.

I've been accepted but haven't fully committed yet by paying or anything. I feel like a lot of other people are doing the same?

I've been accepted but haven't fully committed yet by paying or anything. I feel like a lot of other people are doing the same?

Same. Waiting to receive decisions from the others schools I applied to before making a decision on LMU.

Anyone else from the Nov. 22nd interview day not hear anything yet?

What kinds of questions can we expect to have on our interview? Anything specific? Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys,

I have noticed a few of you have been accepted already, so Congratulations! For those of you still waiting to hear back just hang in there!

This post is mainly for those of you who have been accepted and are looking for a place to live. One of my roommates is moving out in Spring so my other roommate and myself are looking for a third person who would like to live with us. We are both 2nd years from Pennsylvania who will be 3rd years next fall (which means more help for you ;)). We already have a 3 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath house that we rent that is located in Ewing about 4 minutes away from the farm where first years spend the majority of their time. The house and the room that we have open is fully furnished, the only thing that you may want to pick up is a desk. In addition to this we also have pretty much any kitchen appliance you could want! Plus my roommate and I love to cook!

Pets are allowed in the house! I have a chinchilla and my roommate will have her older male boxer with her too! There is a pet deposit that is 600 if you have a cat or a dog you would split the deposit with my other roommate, but if it is just something small you do not need to worry about paying it! This deposit is refundable too!

Rent is $1000 (333 split between 3 people), internet is separate from this and is $50 a month per person (we have the fiber optic internet which is the best you can get down here. It has no data cap and works extremely well!), Electric varies depending on the time of year ( 100 to 200 a month) and this is divided by 3, Water is anywhere from 90 to 125 (also divided by 3)
So altogether you are looking at a rough estimate of about $470 dollars a month (this will vary by month). This is way cheaper than the pet dorms that the school has which comes out to be about $700 dollars a month.

If any one has any questions or is interested feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk some more!

- Haley

Questions for those currently attending, where do students generally live? How are the surrounding areas Middlesboro to live?

Questions for those currently attending, where do students generally live? How are the surrounding areas Middlesboro to live?

Our class lives anywhere from middlesboro Ky, ewing Va, harrogate Tn or even tazewell Tn. Your first year is mainly spent at the farm/ ewing campus due to the fact that you have a lot of Anatomy labs. I wouldn't recommend Tazewell though altogether it's a bit of a drive from the farm.

I received an offer to interview Mon Feb 6! Anyone else going to be there?

Does anyone know a good approach to searching for housing and when most listings go up? I've found the dcom housing page but most of the listings are from last year or prior.

Does anyone know a good approach to searching for housing and when most listings go up? I've found the dcom housing page but most of the listings are from last year or prior.

Ivthink somebody said earlier they tend to post housing starting toward the end of march. DCOM starts in May for some students, so they should have a lot more up in April!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email that I was denied an interview yesterday morning. Pretty devastated considering I loved the school and I interviewed in 2015. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear

I received an email that I was denied an interview yesterday morning. Pretty devastated considering I loved the school and I interviewed in 2015. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear

I'm sorry to hear that :( I know that when I asked admissions about application counseling, she said they would be happy to help anyone who wasn't accepted to better their applications for next year (if you plan on applying again).

Has anyone who interviewed gotten a rejection letter?

Ugh ... new email stating decisions pushed back to March again.. so ready to hear something!

Just received an email saying they finished up the last interview yesterday and will be going through files to hopefully have a decision out for everyone sometime in March..I NEED TO KNOW! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed yesterday! They said they're trying to have decisions out in early March but could definitely not be until the middle of the month too since they interviewed so many people.

After being waitlisted at one school already, I'm hoping to hear some good news from LMU. I really liked the school! Not too much longer of a wait guys!

Hey guys! I got accepted back in December. In regards to housing, once you're accepted they'll send you a link to the housing website. There are PLENTY of affordable places. Still waiting to hear from the other schools, but I really love this one!

Think there's any hope we will hear before March? I got rejections from 2 schools now (I didn't interview with them though) and now the wait for LMU is just killing me :( It doesn't help that it is my top choice.

Think there's any hope we will hear before March? I got rejections from 2 schools now (I didn't interview with them though) and now the wait for LMU is just killing me :( It doesn't help that it is my top choice.
I feel ya 100%

I interviewed on November 2nd but still have not received an acceptance, only an email stating that status changes will be coming out in March. Is there anyone else who interviewed around that time who has not received a seat? Also should I be greatly concerned about a decline at this point?

I interviewed on November 2nd but still have not received an acceptance, only an email stating that status changes will be coming out in March. Is there anyone else who interviewed around that time who has not received a seat? Also should I be greatly concerned about a decline at this point?

I interviewed the same day and still have not heard anything. I believe they only accept a small portion from each group and then everyone else is just kind of set aside until all of the interviews are done and they can review what's left to decide who gets the remaining seats. In other words, I wouldn't be worrying about your status quite yet. If you didn't hear within a week after your interview, you're not going to hear anything until March. Same for everyone.

Okay, thank you. I really love LMU so hearing that makes me feel a little more at ease. Not too much longer now sending prayers everyone's way!

Reactions: 2 users