-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2021
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to everyone who got invites! I still have not received an email from them with either an invitation or rejection. Still hoping for good news!
I just got an interview as well!!!
They made a little error in my email with it opening saying "Hello First Name" lol
I tried to click on the interview link and it is sending me to an alumni page... anyone else have this problem??
I had this problem too, I cut and paste the link instead of just clicking on it and that worked for some reason.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they letting you pick your day now?????
I'm in the same boat as you, you're not alone!Congrats to everyone who got invites! I still have not received an email from them with either an invitation or rejection. Still hoping for good news!
ditto!Congrats to everyone who got invites! I still have not received an email from them with either an invitation or rejection. Still hoping for good news!
Just checked and received an interview invite!
Congrats to everyone who got invites! I still have not received an email from them with either an invitation or rejection. Still hoping for good news!
Me too, crossing my fingers that we both hear from them soon!
I just got an invite too! Are there any people on here that go to LMU? I was wondering which airport to fly into since the interview is at the Ewing, VA campus. Also, any suggestions on hotels?
I just got an invite too! Are there any people on here that go to LMU? I was wondering which airport to fly into since the interview is at the Ewing, VA campus. Also, any suggestions on hotels?
Most people fly into TYS (Knoxville) and stay in Middlesboro at the Holiday Inn or Days Inn. The Cumberland Gap Inn in Cumberland Gap is pretty nice too, if the others are booked.
Does anybody know if anyone that interviewed after the 11/2 interview date have heard about acceptances? I know some of the 10/26 and 11/2 people have heard but I was curious about dates after that. Goodluck on your interviews guys! My advice to you guys is to relax! The interview is completely laid back. Expect questions such as "If you caught someone cheating what would you do.." etc etc! They are very nice people. You all are going to absolutely love the campus. It's beautiful.
I just got an acceptance call today! I interviewed on 11/9 [emoji847]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got my interview invite this afternoon!! 😀
I got an acceptance call about 20 minutes ago!
Congratulations!! Which day did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview invite!!! Was starting to lose hope with all the other rejections!
Congrats!!! And good luck! Still haven't heard anything here yet....Got an interview invite!!! Was starting to lose hope with all the other rejections!
Congrats to those today with interview invites! Still nothing here... starting to lose hope.
I interviewed on 11/9!Congratulations!! Which day did you interview?
Congrats to those getting interviewed and to those that got accepted today!
They had been sending out rejections with each wave of interview invites they send out right? So perhaps not hearing anything yet is not necessarily a bad thing....
They had been sending out rejections with each wave of interview invites they send out right? So perhaps not hearing anything yet is not necessarily a bad thing....
I hadn't heard they were sending out rejections yet?
Got an email with an interview invite this morning! So relieved that it's not another rejection (at least so far!).
I was rejected by Mississippi today. Rejection is very disheartening but do not get your hopes up. Congrats on LMU invite!
Most people fly into TYS (Knoxville) and stay in Middlesboro at the Holiday Inn or Days Inn. The Cumberland Gap Inn in Cumberland Gap is pretty nice too, if the others are booked.
Great, thank you! Do you know if there rental cars at that airport that I can pick up from?
Great, thank you! Do you know if there rental cars at that airport that I can pick up from?
Absolutely-I'm pretty sure Enterprise and Hertz are there, and probably a couple of others.
Can I ask, what is the interview like? What kinds of questions do they ask? Do they do the regular style of interviewing?
Great, thank you!Absolutely-I'm pretty sure Enterprise and Hertz are there, and probably a couple of others.
I hadn't heard they were sending out rejections yet?
Earlier in this thread someone said they had received a rejection email from LMU.
For those still waiting to hear, I went ahead and emailed one of the admission committee members that I've been in contact with for awhile. He said that more invites are still being sent out, so don't lose hope. Also, I'm pretty sure they have been sending out rejection emails as well with each round.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an acceptance call yesterday. I am stoked!
Congratulations!! Which day did you interview?Got an acceptance call yesterday. I am stoked!
Got an interview invite! Finally! I'm SO excited! Will be interviewing Jan 16th. Now trying to decide whether to fly or drive there. Driving would mean a 16 hour long car ride but the flights are so expensive. Luckily the rental car shouldn't be a big deal for me though if I do fly since I'm 25. Decisions decisions. lol
Got an interview invite! Finally! I'm SO excited! Will be interviewing Jan 16th. Now trying to decide whether to fly or drive there. Driving would mean a 16 hour long car ride but the flights are so expensive. Luckily the rental car shouldn't be a big deal for me though if I do fly since I'm 25. Decisions decisions. lol
Congrats! We both got interviews for the same schools... maybe we will be classmates at one 🙂
I got an acceptance call yesterday, and interviewed on 11/9 as well! 🙂 Congrats!!I just got an acceptance call today! I interviewed on 11/9 [emoji847]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm interviewing on January 30th! Got waitlisted at Western and Midwestern, rejected by UTK [emoji22] and accepted at SGU but I'm pretty sure this is my last chance to get accepted into an American school
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Interview invite received as well on Tuesday!!
I would suggest looking on their website about the interview process. They also share good information about it on their interview invite email.Can anyone shed some light on the actual interview? How does it go? What questions will they be asking, if anyone knows? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks..
I would suggest looking on their website about the interview process. They also share good information about it on their interview invite email.
Ok, I will look at their website. I'll look at my emails again too. Thanks!
I got an invite to interview!!!!!!!!! 

(Been waiting forever to use this dancing banana! lol)
I selected Jan 30th. Who else is going that day?


(Been waiting forever to use this dancing banana! lol)I selected Jan 30th. Who else is going that day?
I got an invite to interview!!!!!!!!!(Been waiting forever to use this dancing banana! lol)
I selected Jan 30th. Who else is going that day?
Yay congratulations!!
I too got waitlisted for Midwestern and am interviewing at LMU on the 30th! See you there! 🙂I'm interviewing on January 30th! Got waitlisted at Western and Midwestern, rejected by UTK [emoji22] and accepted at SGU but I'm pretty sure this is my last chance to get accepted into an American school
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I'm interviewing on January 30th! Got waitlisted at Western and Midwestern, rejected by UTK [emoji22] and accepted at SGU but I'm pretty sure this is my last chance to get accepted into an American school
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sorry about UTK, but can I ask when you heard from them? I know they are closed starting tomorrow until Jan. 2nd or 3rd but I also applied there and have not heard anything since the email about their closing dates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry about UTK, but can I ask when you heard from them? I know they are closed starting tomorrow until Jan. 2nd or 3rd but I also applied there and have not heard anything since the email about their closing dates.
Also, did they notify you via mail or email?
I guess I will send an email if I don't hear back from them a couple days after they are back in office. Thanks.
I would suggest looking on their website about the interview process. They also share good information about it on their interview invite email.
I see where it says on their website and the interview invite email that the questions will be behavioral, so to anyone on here that has already interviewed, can you expand on that? Are the interview questions related to veterinary medicine or just general questions? I've been reading threads from other schools and some places ask questions revolving around ethical situations in veterinary medicine but others are random. My friend interviewed at VA Tech a few years ago and one of her questions was "If you had to pick one sport to cancel for the Olympics what would it be and why?"
I see where it says on their website and the interview invite email that the questions will be behavioral, so to anyone on here that has already interviewed, can you expand on that? Are the interview questions related to veterinary medicine or just general questions? I've been reading threads from other schools and some places ask questions revolving around ethical situations in veterinary medicine but others are random. My friend interviewed at VA Tech a few years ago and one of her questions was "If you had to pick one sport to cancel for the Olympics what would it be and why?"
For me, they had each interviewer ask a different "theme" of questions. Like I had one room that was asking about animal welfare vs animal rights and ask if I knew what the one health concept was. Then another room asked about the downer side of Veterinary medicine, like what if you don't get into vet school and if you've delt with euthanasia. The other two rooms asked about leadership and times of adversity and things like that. It's not very strict answer and then question though. They use the questions to start a conflversation that they continue to elaborate on.