Magical WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dy is having a ****tastic day at work. All the usual caveats apply (I don't know if she's villager or wolf, busy people can be busy wolves as much as busy villagers, I'm not vouching for her, blah blah blah blah).

But I suspect that if she is still in the game, that's why we haven't heard from her.

what lis said.

I still don't like trilt's tunnel yesterday. aggressive is one thing. clinging to really small things like that is what wolves do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For posterity:

PBC is a villager hobgoblin, she can help one player every night, and she's greedy so she has an affinity for items. There ya go.
Is this your exact description or a paraphrase?

Reactions: 1 users
lynch jilary because her posting and voting has just seemed sketchy to me.
I've actually just been for real busy. This week is turning out busier than I expected. I've never been one to jump on d1 bandwagons, so that is normal for me. My only post today was about whether or not Finns death was wolf or villager. I wrote 1/2 the post then had to do some actual work and didn't write the rest of post until a bunch of other people had already posted too.

Last edited:
From reading wiki, it looks like hobgoblins can be helpful but also mischievous. It also said they can be frightening and dangerous too... Still, doesn't seem like a guaranteed wolf role.

No, I don't think that was the reasoning. PBC admittedly prefers being a wolf or chaos to being a villager, but I don't think villager PBC (other than the time she self-converted) would purposely hurt the village.

My reasoning for voting for her is that I don't buy her ability as being legit and I don't buy it being something she's excited about.
PBC has also declined to out info she had about chaos because she likes the role, that is dangerous to the village and I hope it's something she doesn't repeat.

Also, has anyone else noticed that LIS is listed as muppetLIS in the votes? What's up with that?

Howya all. I dun have much time to dodder today due to shenanagans occurring all day. I will in me ring say that I have strong feels anywhere. However, I feel that I have been jammy as of late, and I will stick with ********lynch PBC******. I didn' get anything that really lessened me feels.

From reading wiki, it looks like hobgoblins can be helpful but also mischievous. It also said they can be frightening and dangerous too... Still, doesn't seem like a guaranteed wolf role.
While I agree that hobgoblins are often dangerous I get the feeling in this game that creatures traditionally thought of as dangerous may come back villager. Many mythological creatures have lore about them both ways (as in good and bad).

I mean, Finn was a troll and was village and I'm not sure I've ever heard "good" lore about trolls. It may be that watching play style is significantly more important this game than focusing on the actual role names themselves.

While I agree that hobgoblins are often dangerous I get the feeling in this game that creatures traditionally thought of as dangerous may come back villager. Many mythological creatures have lore about them both ways (as in good and bad).

I mean, Finn was a troll and was village and I'm not sure I've ever heard "good" lore about trolls. It may be that watching play style is significantly more important this game than focusing on the actual role names themselves.
However, I also find the ability description of being able to "help someone out" very vague. What does that mean? Ability boosting? Enabling abilities to work through blocking? Etc. I'm going to lynch PBC for now until I hear a little more clarification for those vague abilities. May waffle later if others make my ears perk up more.

Lynch Crayola. I know she had a different sleeping schedule but she's been more verbose in the last two games. So just seems off that she isn't posting as much. I'll try to check in later but no guarantees with work.
I agree that she usually seems more verbose - and also usually warns everybody if she's going to be gone for long stretches of time. It's been giving me minor feels since yesterday, but I want to watch her play style for a little longer to see if this was maybe just a one off thing that happened at the start of the game.

Crayola very nearly got herself mod killed in the first half of the last game because she wasn't talking. I think she is just very sporadic with it, and with her we probably shouldn't use that as a wolf/village read.

Members don't see this ad :)
Troll =

Crayola very nearly got herself mod killed in the first half of the last game because she wasn't talking. I think she is just very sporadic with it, and with her we probably shouldn't use that as a wolf/village read.
I've never technically played a game with her and have just watched the last one she played on prevet, so I don't have too many data points on her typical play style. This is definitely something I'll keep in mind though.

Meh, not feeling the pbc lynch. Nobgoblin seems in line with other rolls.

### lynch bbc ###

can someone explain the reasoning for the bbc votes? I've seen a few yesterday and today and I don't remember the reasoning. I'm trying to finish up my shift at work and catch up at the same time, I can't read through everything right now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If BBC could PM you'd think she would have messaged someone by now, and it looks like she can't post on the thread, so seemingly an entirely silent role.

I know there's been a role like that that was a wolf before (DocE or Chillbo, I want to say?) but it could as easily be an important villager, so I'd rather someone looked into her before we lynch her, especially since she doesn't seem to be able to defend herself.

Has she even been online at all since the game started?

Hmm, last post was Monday, but it says she was online a bit ago. We'll see if she responds to any pm's? If not, it seems like she does have some sort of silencing posting restriction.

Or could she be the one who is stone and needs to be fixed some how by someone before she can participate?

Hmm, last post was Monday, but it says she was online a bit ago. We'll see if she responds to any pm's? If not, it seems like she does have some sort of silencing posting restriction.

Or could she be the one who is stone and needs to be fixed some how by someone before she can participate?
She has been liking things and that has been brought up on the thread a couple times. Think people already started PMs with her, not sure if she has been able to respond (due to roll... she has definitely been around since then).

She has been liking things and that has been brought up on the thread a couple times. Think people already started PMs with her, not sure if she has been able to respond (d/t roll... she has definitely been around since then).
I think she had also liked some posts from someone that specifically asked her if being silenced was part of her role. That or it was a post asking her if she had a posting restriction? Either way, her silence is probably role related.

Missed the liking posts, thanks for pointing that out! Wonder if she is the one who is stone then.

Google gave me disease... Uhh alcohol withdrawal. And the other thing I thought of was inappropriate and didn't make sense :p

So does being silenced not always count for liking stuff? I haven't been silenced but interpret silence as completely... No liking? I guess that's not it though. But don't feel like stones can hit the like button.

Is she the only one who still hasn't posted?

There are some fairytale creatures that turn to stone in daylight. Maybe she's only active at night.

If that's the case, hopefully she can respond to the pm's tonight. I think whoever said they'd opened one with her (PBC?) did it this morning, so she may not be able to respond yet.

I think she had also liked some posts from someone that specifically asked her if being silenced was part of her role. That or it was a post asking her if she had a posting restriction? Either way, her silence is probably role related.
She liked Ally's post questioning where her vote appeared from yesterday, which we interpreted as a post restriction. Would be weird for it to be the result of stoning (heh) because it started before we had a night cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
So does being silenced not always count for liking stuff? I haven't been silenced but interpret silence as completely... No liking? I guess that's not it though. But don't feel like stones can hit the like button.

Is she the only one who still hasn't posted?
Depends on the game. I think it's humane to let people still like things. :)

Oh like er a gargoyle?

Trolls are one as well. We've already had a villager troll though...

But I feel like they wouldn't give that harsh of a posting restriction to a wolf? Maybe?

BBC, is if a condition you need to meet yourself?

Or is it needing someone or some item to "fix" you first in some way before you can post?

Trolls are one as well. We've already had a villager troll though...

Huh I didn't know trolls turned to stone during the day

Well I would think she'd have been able to talk after day closed yesterday if this was the case? Also it looked like a new stone figure so I'm wondering if we will have a second person unable to speak. I wonder if the stoned person will be able to vote? I think BBC voted yesterday right?

Idk if she could even like one of those if that's the case, but it's worth a try :p

okayy finally home! after reading and observing bbc's likes, I definitely think we have some sort of silencing condition that needs to meet a requirement before she is unsilenced. I was going to point out that post that trilt quoted out above. I don't feel good about lynching someone who can't contribute yet, I'm inclined to let that play out and see what happens. That being said, I'm still lost for where I'm going to place a vote tonight..

UNOFFICIAL nearly 50% participation tally:
MQ (1)
- Kam
ally (1) - Trilt
Jilary (2)- MuppetLIS, genny
PBC (4)-hayley, crayola, STL, VMH
Crayola (1)-DVMD
Ceke (1) - nyanko
BBC (1)- FFM

11/24

Deadline 8pm CT (in ~1.25 hours)

To be fair, I was mostly quiet at the start for confusion and also IRL stuff. I think I picked up towards the end when there were less people and less thread traffic to keep up on and I wasn't spending all day dealing with my car and cats.

I've never technically played a game with her and have just watched the last one she played on prevet, so I don't have too many data points on her typical play style. This is definitely something I'll keep in

I've only played the last JDH game and this last pre-vet WW which was Dali/Minecraft.

Already today I've had two long verbose posts anyway, but this was on the last page of this thread not this page.
So when I'm awake I'll try to be sure to get a big post on each page of the thread lol, since I don't know how someone missed my last verbose post.

I've already said in every game I've played to date (sooooo many this is my 3rd) that I read on the wiki page for mafia that game theory supports when you play with the same people over and over the best strategy is to play honest and develop a reputation for honesty as a villager. Of course, that doesn't apply when you're a wolf but whatevs, that would usually be a rare thing for an individual and here again the honesty rep can only help.

Another few points on "my style":
  • I like to theorize in thread based on the write ups and what people say.
  • I'm new so I hate the inevitable innocent villager lynches, that I know can't be avoided.
  • I hate "lynch on feels." So if I don't have intel, data, insight into mechanics, you won't hear much from me, and I'll hesitate to vote.
  • I don't like role reveals and kick up a fit about them. The reason is because the very thing that can get the mob to back off "hey I'm super useful villager with confirmed awesome powers" is like avoiding a day lynch only to paint a wolf night kill target on their backs.
  • For the above reason, I don't like to reveal too much said to me in PM. I don't want to get userful villagers nightkilled by trying to save them on days. Also, if you develop a rep for blabbing about PMs and getting people killed, you can probably expect your PM intel to dry up.
  • Since everyone obsesses over quiet vs. not quiet to tell if someone is a wolf, I can tell you right now as long as I play WW I will see to it that this is never an issue with me. I think it's dumb wolf behavior to play quiet on purpose. Although, I have seen other wolves do it, so I'm realizing that despite me not thinking it's a good indication of wolfiness, it can very well be. Just saying though, I'm smarter than that. To post or not to post, and length with me, is dictated by crazy sleep and how much I have to say, which is based on how confused I am or how much intel I have.
  • Last game in my logic defense of not being a wolf (I wasn't last game), I essentially wrote a mega-post that I realize in hindsight, makes for a good "how to" on playing a wolf.
  • At the end of the day, I think if I were a wolf, I would do my absolute best to straight up forget the fact, and do my best not to change a damn thing I did, not to change whether or not I post, and to play as close to my regular village self as I could. Or maybe I'm saying that to cover future wolf behavior.
In any case, I'm a villager. I know wolves say this.

Also, it doesn't help that everyone in the JDH game said that talking too much, verbose posts, will get people to "annoyance lynch" you.

A lot of the random off-topic posts that they didn't tolerate there as much as here, I can see why they don't. They told me wolves love distraction. I find it harder to keep up with posts that offer useful intel amongst the chatter.

That said, do your things peeps. I don't mind the chatter but it makes me harder as far as I am concerned.

Also, it doesn't help that everyone in the JDH game said that talking too much, verbose posts, will get people to "annoyance lynch" you.

A lot of the random off-topic posts that they didn't tolerate there as much as here, I can see why they don't. They told me wolves love distraction. I find it harder to keep up with posts that offer useful intel amongst the chatter.

That said, do your things peeps. I don't mind the chatter but it makes me harder as far as I am concerned.
Prevet games tend to be more of social events that hard-core WW games.