You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just submitted. Didn't know much about this school until about a week ago. Seems like a really good option. Hopefully my early app will give me a chance.
Just got an email from admission said primary was received
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email from admission said primary was received
+1 hopefully we get this secondary in 1-2 weeks
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I believe they also stated in their email within 1-2 weeks they will send out secondary.
You go on their site to fill out the secondary. It's available to everyone.
Wait, for real?
Last year applications were screened, not everyone got a secondary. it took several weeks for me to get mine last year.
@getfat my bad! When I wrote that last comment I thought it was for LMU-DCOM! For MU-COM I have only received a confirmation e-mail thus far and I don't think the secondary is available to everyone. Sorry for the mishap.
match lists here? and rotation spots? can anybody comment on either of these
It's almost 2 weeks since the email received...nothing from MUCOM
Just got my secondary! I'm at work now so I'll have to fill it out later and update the prompts.
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You go on their site to fill out the secondary. It's available to everyone.
The supplemental is NOT available to everyone. We pre-screen based on minimum MCAT and GPA.
Admissions
Important Dates for 2017 Applicants
As you consider MU-COM, here are important application dates and deadlines for you to remember.
July 1, 2016
Processing starts.
July 11, 2016
Letters of recommendation will start to be reviewed.
July 15, 2016
AACOMAS applications must be received by MU-COM for Early Decision and Pre-Medical Fast Track Programs.
August 15, 2016
All application materials must be received by MU-COM for Early Decision and Pre-Medical Fast Track Programs.
September 9, 2016
Interviews start.
September 15, 2016
Admissions Committee starts.
September 30, 2016
Admission decisions sent for Early Decision Program.
December 14, 2016
First seat deposit deadline (per AACOMAS traffic guidelines).
March 1, 2017
Supplemental application deadline at 5 PM EDT.
March 3, 2017
Application processing ends. Materials received after 5 PM EDT will not be processed.
April 1, 2017
Interviews end.
May 1, 2017
Tuition deposit deadline.
MU-COM reserves the right to change these dates.
As you consider MU-COM, here are important application dates and deadlines for you to remember.
July 1, 2016
Processing starts.
July 11, 2016
Letters of recommendation will start to be reviewed.
July 15, 2016
AACOMAS applications must be received by MU-COM for Early Decision and Pre-Medical Fast Track Programs.
August 15, 2016
All application materials must be received by MU-COM for Early Decision and Pre-Medical Fast Track Programs.
September 9, 2016
Interviews start.
September 15, 2016
Admissions Committee starts.
September 30, 2016
Admission decisions sent for Early Decision Program.
December 14, 2016
First seat deposit deadline (per AACOMAS traffic guidelines).
March 1, 2017
Supplemental application deadline at 5 PM EDT.
March 3, 2017
Application processing ends. Materials received after 5 PM EDT will not be processed.
April 1, 2017
Interviews end.
May 1, 2017
Tuition deposit deadline.
MU-COM reserves the right to change these dates.
Just got my secondary! I'm at work now so I'll have to fill it out later and update the prompts.
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The supplemental is NOT available to everyone. We pre-screen based on minimum MCAT and GPA.
Admissions
I love having a representative on here to clear up any rumors.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Secondary just now!
From the secondary: Please explain any gaps in education or employment longer than holidays and semester breaks.
I worked different jobs on and off throughout school, sometimes longer than semester breaks sometimes not. How do I answer this?
Prompts, 1250 characters each except last question is 750:
Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana?
In which area of medicine are you most interested in practicing and why?
Describe your motivation for attending MU-COM. Please be specific.
Please share any other relevant information that you would like the MU-COM Admissions Committee to know about you.
I worked different jobs on and off throughout school, sometimes longer than semester breaks sometimes not. How do I answer this?
Prompts, 1250 characters each except last question is 750:
Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana?
In which area of medicine are you most interested in practicing and why?
Describe your motivation for attending MU-COM. Please be specific.
Please share any other relevant information that you would like the MU-COM Admissions Committee to know about you.
The supplemental is NOT available to everyone. We pre-screen based on minimum MCAT and GPA.
Admissions
Sorry, I mentioned in a later post that I confused this page with LMU-DCOM's when making that comment.
100, pretty steep
Got the secondary
@MU COM : Do you guys accept AACOMAS fee waiver?
@MU COM : Do you guys accept AACOMAS fee waiver?
Woo! Secondary submitted!
I think it says more about my social life than anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's pretty great that MU COM is posting on here 😀
Secondary submitted
Like, you took a full semester off of school? If so, I would say yes definitely explain that.If I only had a semester break do I need to answer the first question?
Yes a full semester off (4 month time period)......I think there is an "optional" section aswell right? So Im not sure where my explanation belongs...Like, you took a full semester off of school? If so, I would say yes definitely explain that.
Got the secondary
@MU COM : Do you guys accept AACOMAS fee waiver?
Yes, we do. There is a fee waiver question on the supplemental. A “yes” answer will give you an option to upload your AACOMAS waiver.
Admissions
If I only had a semester break do I need to answer the first question?
If the holiday break between semesters, no. If you took an entire semester off, yes.
Admissions
It's been more than a week since I received the email saying my primary is under review, and I haven't heard from the program since. I'm seriously worried...
It's been more than a week since I received the email saying my primary is under review, and I haven't heard from the program since. I'm seriously worried...
This is a crazy long process. Things often seem to take way longer than they should. Don't think anything of it until you hear official word.
Official word for not going to be giving me secondaries? I don't think they'll do that...
This is a crazy long process. Things often seem to take way longer than they should. Don't think anything of it until you hear official word.
There was 16 days between "primary received" and "secondary invite" for me.Official word for not going to be giving me secondaries? I don't think they'll do that...
Official word for not going to be giving me secondaries? I don't think they'll do that...
They'd most likely send a rejection instead.
It's been more than a week since I received the email saying my primary is under review, and I haven't heard from the program since. I'm seriously worried...
Do not worry. All applications receive a response.
Our ramp up this year is a little slower than usual. We appreciate your patience.
Admissions
Hey all!
So, I received the following email from Marian this morning, and I'm a little confused. This is my first application cycle, and I did not apply for entry to the 2016 class. I have not received any other emails from Marian. When I use the login info they sent me I am able to access the secondary app. Should I fill it out? Should I contact the office? Has anyone else received this email?
Also, when I log in, this is the message I see:
Thank you for your application to the DO program at Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) for the entering fall 2017 class.
The email:
I write in regard to the close of the 2016 application cycle for the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM).
The following are important updates:
I appreciate your interest in MU-COM.
Sincerely,
Bryan Moody
Director of Enrollment Management
P.S. To access our unique admissions portal, enter your login credentials at the website below.
So, I received the following email from Marian this morning, and I'm a little confused. This is my first application cycle, and I did not apply for entry to the 2016 class. I have not received any other emails from Marian. When I use the login info they sent me I am able to access the secondary app. Should I fill it out? Should I contact the office? Has anyone else received this email?
Also, when I log in, this is the message I see:
Thank you for your application to the DO program at Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) for the entering fall 2017 class.
The email:
I write in regard to the close of the 2016 application cycle for the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM).
The following are important updates:
- Seats still exist for the entering fall 2016 class.
- The supplemental application deadline is 5 PM EDT on March 1, 2016.
- Letters of recommendation and related application materials will be accepted until 5 PM EDT on March 4, 2016.
- Materials received after this date will not be processed. There will be no exceptions to this timeline.
- Processing of completed applications will continue after March 4, 2016, until a final decision is rendered.
I appreciate your interest in MU-COM.
Sincerely,
Bryan Moody
Director of Enrollment Management
P.S. To access our unique admissions portal, enter your login credentials at the website below.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all!
So, I received the following email from Marian this morning, and I'm a little confused. This is my first application cycle, and I did not apply for entry to the 2016 class. I have not received any other emails from Marian. When I use the login info they sent me I am able to access the secondary app. Should I fill it out? Should I contact the office? Has anyone else received this email?
The email:
I write in regard to the close of the 2016 application cycle for the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM).
The following are important updates:
- Seats still exist for the entering fall 2016 class.
- The supplemental application deadline is 5 PM EDT on March 1, 2016.
- Letters of recommendation and related application materials will be accepted until 5 PM EDT on March 4, 2016.
- Materials received after this date will not be processed. There will be no exceptions to this timeline.
Please resist the overwhelming urge to call our office immediately after submitting materials to us. Given the volume of applications received, processing can take 2—3 days (or longer). Phone calls delay processing for everyone. Remember, you can check the status of your application 24 hours a day in the portal. You will receive an email confirmation of your status once processing is complete. Accordingly, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
- Processing of completed applications will continue after March 4, 2016, until a final decision is rendered.
I appreciate your interest in MU-COM.
Sincerely,
Bryan Moody
Director of Enrollment Management
P.S. To access our unique admissions portal, enter your login credentials at the website below.
Seems like maybe it was just a mistake, especially because those due dates have already passed. I would just email them back and ask about it, but I'm guessing that's what they'll tell you.
Hey all!
So, I received the following email from Marian this morning, and I'm a little confused. This is my first application cycle, and I did not apply for entry to the 2016 class. I have not received any other emails from Marian. When I use the login info they sent me I am able to access the secondary app. Should I fill it out? Should I contact the office? Has anyone else received this email?
Also, when I log in, this is the message I see:
Thank you for your application to the DO program at Marian University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) for the entering fall 2017 class.
The email:
I write in regard to the close of the 2016 application cycle for the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM).
The following are important updates:
- Seats still exist for the entering fall 2016 class.
- The supplemental application deadline is 5 PM EDT on March 1, 2016.
- Letters of recommendation and related application materials will be accepted until 5 PM EDT on March 4, 2016.
- Materials received after this date will not be processed. There will be no exceptions to this timeline.
Please resist the overwhelming urge to call our office immediately after submitting materials to us. Given the volume of applications received, processing can take 2—3 days (or longer). Phone calls delay processing for everyone. Remember, you can check the status of your application 24 hours a day in the portal. You will receive an email confirmation of your status once processing is complete. Accordingly, if you have questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
- Processing of completed applications will continue after March 4, 2016, until a final decision is rendered.
I appreciate your interest in MU-COM.
Sincerely,
Bryan Moody
Director of Enrollment Management
P.S. To access our unique admissions portal, enter your login credentials at the website below.
Please ignore the message, which was sent in error. The correct message will be resent for 2017 applicants. We apologize.
Admissions
Please ignore the message, which was sent in error. The correct message will be resent for 2017 applicants. We apologize.
Admissions
Thank you for the quick reply.
Secondary received just now! So excited!![]()
+1
Similar threads
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 48K
D
- Replies
- 338
- Views
- 89K
- Replies
- 447
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 130K
