2023-2024 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email saying my application is complete. Submitted my secondaries in November 2023. Any chances for an interview still?
+1

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the same. Submitted a complete application in the beginning of September. I've already accepted an offer elsewhere so not worried about it, but thought that was an odd/extremely late email

Yeah I got the same email this morning, which is weird because I submitted my application in the winter and even when I checked my status page a few days after it at the time, it said everything was complete with all green checkmarks

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got the same email this morning, which is weird because I submitted my application in the winter and even when I checked my status page a few days after it at the time, it said everything was complete with all green checkmarks
Same here.

MU-COM's website does directly say their interviews end March 29. Tbh I had already assumed I was rejected here since I heard nothing back at all since submitting the secondary + being complete on their portal

Just got an email saying my application is complete. Submitted my secondaries in November 2023. Any chances for an interview still?
+1 and I submitted in January. I know on the MU admissions page it said the last interview date was 3/29 which is this Friday. So I’m just gonna have faith and let God do what he does. It ain’t over until I’m a doctor, or whatever.

And now a pre II rejection the next day. Glad I have other options

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same "Your app is completed" email a few days ago too and today I got an II. I'm unsure if I want to attend since I already have an A elsewhere and have 0 ties to Indiana.

Tips for this interview? Is it more traditional than MMI? Open or closed?

Tips for this interview? Is it more traditional than MMI? Open or closed?
Interview is closed! Just know your "Why" questions. They asked like 5 questions I think... I didn't personally have any ethical questions. The time went by really quickly so be concise. I really didn't have enough time to ask my questions.

I submitted late jan and just got an II tuesday, scheduled it for 4/5 which is their last one

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite this morning. I will be declining. Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted 4/3 🥺
Oos, MCAT xxx, GPA x.x
Basketball Coach @privateschool
Team Attendant @university & @nba
“Marian UCOM b/c -> psychiatrist/minister”
@richard.flores22
“I’m the kind of person that likes to do good and gives me pleasure to help other people”

During my interview they stated the alternate list is distinct from the waitlist. They said possibilities post interview include: 1. Acceptance 2. Alternate list 3. Waitlist 4. Rejection
This is also what I got from the interview

During my interview they stated the alternate list is distinct from the waitlist. They said possibilities post interview include: 1. Acceptance 2. Alternate list 3. Waitlist 4. Rejection
I think alternate list = waitlist. The second category between acceptance and waitlist, the one you might be talking about, is acceptance to next year's class if a spot does not become available in this cycle -> if you are in this category, you would've received a call and an acceptance email (that you have a secured spot in the following year)

For those who are accepted, do you know if the tuition deposit is binding? I know the seat deposit was not.

Im not too sure, I recieved an interview but I’ve been waitlisted for the interview so I dont think there are any more

Congrats to everyone who got Alternate/WL! So if we didn't hear back about WL this week, does that mean we most likely got an R?

Last edited:
I am assuming they’ll send more A after everyone narrows down acceptances May 1
That's what I thought as well, but am not sure anymore since it seems others have already gotten waitlist offers. Hopefully, we'll hear good news soon though!