2023-2024 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just withdrew my application after getting II. Hopefully it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview today. It was very chill like others have said on here. Probably my most relaxed interview so far. Felt like it went by pretty quickly because you get to log off before your turn to interview. They had mostly traditional interview questions but threw in a couple situational based. They were not too difficult though. Hope I get this one, student Q&A was really good. She answered a TON of questions.

Reactions: 4 users
Does this school accept letter of intent post interview and who or how would I send one ?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what the waitlist movement is like?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my "Complete" email the other day. Secondary submitted end of august. Did it take anyone else that long?

is it worth submitting a secondary now? i thought this application went through but I guess not...

Just received my "Complete" email the other day. Secondary submitted end of august. Did it take anyone else that long?
I submitted mine September 2nd and I received the complete email January 21st. So similar timeline as you :)

Reactions: 1 user
also just curious if anyone accepted has an MCAT below 500

A today!!! just interviewed last Friday so i was not expecting it already

will they take a pre II letter of interest? Damn I'd love to go here

Was wondering if anyone knows how filled there class may be? 1/3 to 1/2 + ?

does this school accept post interview letter of intent. if so who do I send it to ?

Was wondering if anyone knows how filled there class may be? 1/3 to 1/2 + ?
According to mooman back on Dec. 9, he said they already filled 2/3 of their class, but take that with a grain of salt because lots might not attend.

I saw on the portal that there will not be a white coat??? But I found a video of the class of 2027 getting one? Are they getting rid of it this year?Any current students on here know?

You will get a white coat during orientation, but the white coat ceremony is during the 2nd and 3rd year where students transition into clinicals, which you will be given a different (and probably longer) white coat and it will be a whole ceremony where family and guests can come. (Not a current student tho)
i knew that part was on the portal but the class of 2027 are only in their first year and had a white coat at the start of the school year so i was just curious if the no white coat was new

i knew that part was on the portal but the class of 2027 are only in their first year and had a white coat at the start of the school year so i was just curious if the no white coat was new
Current class of 2027 student here! So we have a private white coat ceremony during orientation week. It’s just the students and faculty. The big one with family and friends is between 2nd and 3rd before rotations.

Current 1st year MU-COM student here! If anyone has any questions I’m happy to answer them. Best of luck to everyone this application cycle!

what is the waitlist movement like?
honestly I couldn’t tell you for sure, it’s different every year. I know of a few people in my class who didn’t get off the waitlist until maybe a month before school started. In general, there is quite a bit of movement for all schools during the summer months when people who have multiple acceptances start pulling their extras and decide on one school. I wasn’t on the waitlist for Marian so I personally don’t have experience with our waitlist. However I was on one waitlist for another school after I had committed to Marian and I got my acceptance there 3 weeks before their semester started. So it’s just honestly a waiting game which sucks

OOS II received but will be declining & withdrawing app

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II just now.
Secondary submitted 7/18, “complete” email received 11/9.

That’s amazing. When were you’re secondaries completed?

OOS II today with LM 63, completed app back in September

Any current students that can say how the testing schedule is like?

Any current students that can say how the testing schedule is like?
It changes per semester! First semester of first year you have 3 exams each for anatomy and also our science foundations class, and then our other two smaller classes have two exams and two practicals each. This semester is a little different, between three classes we exam about every other week or so

Has anyone else experienced the school changing their seat deposit timeline continually? At the interview they messed up and told us we'd have a month to pay, found out I got accepted on 2/7 and they told me it would be 15 days instead. I got an email last night reminding me to pay and saying the deadline was 2/20, which would be 13 days and not 15.

Does anyone know when they send out interview links? My interview is in two days, and I still haven’t received a link. Also, any last minute tips would be appreciated.

You’ll probably get it today. I got mine 2 days before. Just relax, it’s conversational know the standard interview questions.
Does anyone know when they send out interview links? My interview is in two days, and I still haven’t received a link. Also, any last minute tips would be appreciated.