2023-2024 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Marian still sending out interviews? Has anyone gotten one recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I forgot I applied here and they finally sent me an R. I like the touch in the email where they said dear FIRSTNAME LASTNAME lol

Reactions: 4 users
I'm kind of unsure whether I should attend MU-COM or DMU-COM. I live in Michigan, so both would be OOS. I am leaning towards MU-COM, but I want to be 100% sure before I make the decision. Can anyone help me out?

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone share what kind of questions they ask in the interview? My interview is in 2 days and I am a little nervous. The interview feedback on SDN seems a little outdated. Thank you.

Can anyone share what kind of questions they ask in the interview? My interview is in 2 days and I am a little nervous. The interview feedback on SDN seems a little outdated. Thank you.

It was pretty relaxed, know your traditional “why” questions. Though outdated, the SDN interview page helped me prep.

Does it make any sense to complete a secondary app here at this time? i received it early in the cycle but was reluctant because i didnt have biochem. any advice is highly appreciated

Does it make any sense to complete a secondary app here at this time? i received it early in the cycle but was reluctant because i didnt have biochem. any advice is highly appreciated
I was in a similar boat, but i have all the prereqs. I submitted it earlier this week it can't hurt to shoot your shot.

OOS Pre-II R just now :(
Secondary submitted late August, complete email mid January
Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II!! Strong ties to Indiana. Submitted Early Sept. Complete Early Feb.

Yeah I got an email saying the admissions committee hasn’t made a decision about my app yet and to look out for next week. Interviewed in Feb
Did they also mention that you will be on the top of the list for next week or just watch out ?

Reactions: 1 user
Did they also mention that you will be on the top of the list for next week or just watch out ?
they told me I'd be "top of the list for next week" twice... so just don't get your hopes up in might take another additional week but you should know within 3 for sure

Hi all! For those who have already had there interview did you find it more conversational or more question and answer?

Hi all! For those who have already had there interview did you find it more conversational or more question and answer?
they always responded positively to what I said but then kinda just moved on to the next question. A couple follow up questions

They invite two well-known members of the community and give them 5 questions that they have to ask. Im not sure if it is the same for everyone, but my first question was to talk about my journey (basically why medicine), second question asked why MUCOM, third question asked talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you solved it, fourth question asked talk about your biggest accomplishment or something (sorry can't fully remember), fifth question asked to talk about a challenging situation and how you dealt with it.

They invite two well-known members of the community and give them 5 questions that they have to ask. Im not sure if it is the same for everyone, but my first question was to talk about my journey (basically why medicine), second question asked why MUCOM, third question asked talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you solved it, fourth question asked talk about your biggest accomplishment or something (sorry can't fully remember), fifth question asked to talk about a challenging situation and how you dealt with it.
Thank you, this is extremely helpful!

do they accept letter of intent ? and where would I send it to ?

So far no, but the email said they WL people they believe “have a high chance getting off the waitlist” so that made me feel better
me too. this is my top choice school but i got accepted elsewhere. its hard being in between like this

Alternate List today !! Interviewed 2/29
:cryi:

Last edited:
Just got an email saying my application is complete. Submitted my secondaries in November 2023. Any chances for an interview still?