2023-2024 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Prompt:
Describe the experience (name & location of hospital/clinic, name & specialty physician, and amount of time spent shadowing).

Please share any other relevant information that you would like the MU-COM Admissions Committee to know about you. (300 words)

Indicate any changes or additions that have occurred since submitting your AACOMAS application. (Including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, research, military service, academic warnings, conduct violations, and/or convictions.)

Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana? If yes, please describe your interest and reasons why. If no, please explain why not. (300 words)

Describe your motivation for attending MU-COM and osteopathic medicine. Please be specific.

Please explain any gaps in education or employment longer than holidays and semester breaks.

In which area of medicine are you most interested in practicing and why (choose up to 3).

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
received secondary today, OOS, submitted primary 5/26.

Describe the experience (name & location of hospital/clinic, name & specialty physician, and amount of time spent shadowing).

Please share any other relevant information that you would like the MU-COM Admissions Committee to know about you. (300 words)

Indicate any changes or additions that have occurred since submitting your AACOMAS application. (Including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, research, military service, academic warnings, conduct violations, and/or convictions.)

Are you interested in practicing medicine in Indiana? If yes, please describe your interest and reasons why. If no, please explain why not. (300 words)

Describe your motivation for attending MU-COM and osteopathic medicine. Please be specific.

Please explain any gaps in education or employment longer than holidays and semester breaks.

In which area of medicine are you most interested in practicing and why (choose up to 3).

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, got an email saying I may or may not get a secondary in 2-3 weeks…

"Do you have experience shadowing or working with a physician (DO or MD)? If so, describe the experience (name & location of hospital/clinic, name & specialty physician, and amount of time spent shadowing)."

I find questions like these that ask for repeat questions from our primary confusing. Kirkville asks us to copy and paste all the information from the primary to the secondary. Does Marian want us to do the same thing?

"Do you have experience shadowing or working with a physician (DO or MD)? If so, describe the experience (name & location of hospital/clinic, name & specialty physician, and amount of time spent shadowing)."

I find questions like these that ask for repeat questions from our primary confusing. Kirkville asks us to copy and paste all the information from the primary to the secondary. Does Marian want us to do the same thing?
I was wondering this too, but decided to sort of copy& paste but also expand a bit on what I took away from my shadowing and clinical experiences in a sort of general way. Not sure if that's necessary but it felt weird to just copy&paste my primary info where I just listed names, specialties, hrs, etc.

Reactions: 1 user

I noticed a mistake where I included the physicians I shadowed and the clinic/hospital name but forgot to include the address. Is this a big deal and if so should I contact the admissions?

I noticed a mistake where I included the physicians I shadowed and the clinic/hospital name but forgot to include the address. Is this a big deal and if so should I contact the admissions?
obviously can't speak for them but doubt its enough of a big deal to contact them. the location is sort of implied in the hospital name if they really wanted to check

"Do you have any connections to the state of Indiana? If yes, please describe any connections"

How are yall answering this? Is this talking government officials, school connections, or just in general. I am IS, so obviously I have connections but it wants me to describe my connections? Just curious how the IS folks are approaching this.

"Do you have any connections to the state of Indiana? If yes, please describe any connections"

How are yall answering this? Is this talking government officials, school connections, or just in general. I am IS, so obviously I have connections but it wants me to describe my connections? Just curious how the IS folks are approaching this.
This seems to be a question more for OOS applicants, but if appears for you too you can briefly say that you are a lifelong resident and would love to serve your community as a physician

Is there an MCAT screen before secondaries are sent out? If so, what is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email saying they wont review my app until my retake scores comes in.

Did anyone who completed a secondary receive an email that stated : “
Greetings from MU-COM!

I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission into the entering fall 2023 class is now complete. I appreciate your compiling all of the materials for us.”

Just wondering if the fall 2023 was a typo on their end for all students.

+1
Greetings from MU-COM!

I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission into the entering fall 2023 class is now complete. I appreciate your compiling all of the materials for us.”

Greetings from MU-COM!

My email didn’t say anything about an entrance year.

what are yall OOS people saying for "please describe your interest and reasons why. If not, please explain why not: (practicing medicine in Indiana)"
I was looking at threads saying that people who said No still got II's and A's but not sure how to answer cause I could be persuaded to practice in Indiana I've just never been there so I might sound like im bsing

what are yall OOS people saying for "please describe your interest and reasons why. If not, please explain why not: (practicing medicine in Indiana)"
I was looking at threads saying that people who said No still got II's and A's but not sure how to answer cause I could be persuaded to practice in Indiana I've just never been there so I might sound like im bsing
I wrote exactly that. I’m not currently interested, but given that Indianapolis is a large city and fairly diverse compared to smaller towns, I could be persuaded to practice there

Any IIs? Based on previous cycles IIs we’re getting sent out by this time.

Got a confirmation of my application on 8/19...even though I submitted my secondary on 6/12. Told me that if I get invited for an interview it will take around 4 weeks.

Just got an email saying my app is under review

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone not get any communication (email) about their app being marked complete? I randomly checked today and my app was finally marked complete yet a few days ago it wasn't. I submitted first week of Sept.

Did anyone not get any communication (email) about their app being marked complete? I randomly checked today and my app was finally marked complete yet a few days ago it wasn't. I submitted first week of Sept.

Yeah I was complete in like late June/early July and didn’t get a confirmation of being complete til 8/31. However in that complete email they told me I was going to be reviewed so maybe they wait til you’re being sent to the adcom

Same, everything is checked in their portal, but I haven't gotten a complete email. I submitted 8/24.

Just got an email that my application is complete and being sent to the admissions committee for review for an II. Secondary submitted 6/26

Reactions: 1 users
+1 OOS II
But I'm having trouble getting my selection of interview date/time to confirm. It just keeps clearing it and won't save so I gotta figure that out

+1 OOS II
But I'm having trouble getting my selection of interview date/time to confirm. It just keeps clearing it and won't save so I gotta figure that out
You got an interview invite? I just got a complete email today

+1 OOS II

Me too, I tried calling and had no answer, so I sent an email. Glad it’s not just me. I tried two different browsers too. Sounds like it is on their end.