Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UGH another work day passes without any news :(

Members don't see this ad.

UGH another work day passes without any news :(

You already have an acceptance and you're still anxious about hearing back from MSUCOM? I think my neuroticism is slowly increasing to or beyond this level now. I keep refreshing my e-mail every 20 minutes from when I wake up till 5 p.m. :laugh:

You already have an acceptance and you're still anxious about hearing back from MSUCOM? I think my neuroticism is slowly increasing to or beyond this level now. I keep refreshing my e-mail every 20 minutes from when I wake up till 5 p.m. :laugh:
It's my #1 choice! Of course I am obsessed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my #1 choice! Of course I am obsessed :)

If if makes you feel any better, I haven't heard back from the other 6 schools I submitted secondaries, with 4 of them already having extended IIs to people as listed on the 2016-17 interview thread. So there's still much hope!

I'm dying over here maybe tomorrow! Fingers crossed
I'm only reassured by the fact that no one on SDN from the first interview group seems to have heard back yet. Hopefully someone (all of us) gets some good news soon!

I am sitting here just hoping for a II here to begin with lol

Reactions: 3 users
It'll happen guys, I have faith!

Reactions: 1 user
Could today be the day?! (insert prayer emoticon here)

Reactions: 1 users
another day of glaring at my phone and neurotically checking my email at work every 4 minutes :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad :)
another day of glaring at my phone and neurotically checking my email at work every 4 minutes :heckyeah:
I'm right there with you. It would really make my weekend (and my life) to get called today!

Do II's come monthly, or is this just an unpredictable process?

II today, scheduled for Sept. 29**.

II as well! Canadian applicant. Complete on 08/18. Congrats to all receiving II's!

Geez, seriously every time I see a notification for this thread my stomach lurches haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Clearly the committee is meeting, so send us some decisions!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
SDN notification are gonna give me a heart attack
I spent time staring on my phone more than enjoying my vacation

I guess my II email got lost in the internet....

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday. Complete 7/22. Lizzy 71. IS

EDIT: October 18th AM Interview

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II today!
Was told in the e-mail that I could choose between 9/20 and 9/29 by logging in but 9/20 was already filled and I have another interview already on 9/29 -_-

II today, scheduled for Sept. 29**.

II!!!!!!! Complete 07/20

II as well! Canadian applicant. Complete on 08/18. Congrats to all receiving II's!

II yesterday. Complete 7/22. Lizzy 71. IS

EDIT: October 18th AM Interview

Sorry to quote all of you like this, but did any of you not receive the complete email (but were obviously complete in the portal)? This has been brought up several times, but I'm really starting to stress out about it.

Sorry to quote all of you like this, but did any of you not receive the complete email (but were obviously complete in the portal)? This has been brought up several times, but I'm really starting to stress out about it.

Yeah that happened to redwingsfan, so this should clear up all the worry!!

Yep. I never got a complete email.

After I notified them that I didn't receive a complete email (despite being complete on the portal), admissions sent a complete email over. So if you want one in your inbox, just email them.

After I notified them that I didn't receive a complete email (despite being complete on the portal), admissions sent a complete email over. So if you want one in your inbox, just email them.

I already did that twice but never got one. The first time they said I was complete and the second time they didn't respond. I'm no longer concerned about it though because others in the same position have received invites.

An II on my birthday would be nice, c'mon MSUCOM

Does anybody have tips regarding MMI...8 minutes of talking seems like a lot?

Does anybody have tips regarding MMI...8 minutes of talking seems like a lot?

be very concise. avoid rambling and make sure you answer the question being asked. Also, it helps to stay calm, speak confidently, and make eye contact with the interviewer

Completed on 7/13 and no II or completed email :( Hoping for some good news soon! Congrats to everyone with IIs and good luck to those who already interviewed!!