Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes my portal updated this afternoon! But congrats for getting onto the alternate list :) i wish you the best of luck :)
Congratulations on being accepted!! That's really exciting!! Are you committed to Midwestern?? Thank you very much, I'm holding out hope that things will work out in the end! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
omg..i think i got accepted,but not sure. I didn't get an email but my MWU portal changed and I have 'accepted student checklist" and an option to accept or decline the acceptance... anyone on the same page as me?
Congratulations on being accepted!! :D

thank you! but I do not know when the school will be accredited so I have no idea if it's my top choice or not.. Still waiting to hear back from Purdue

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for letting me know! I'm super relived to hear it doesn't hinder my chances! That's awesome to hear you got in when you had a couple classes pending- thank you for sharing that! Also, thank you for the tip to update my file with my unofficial transcript- I hadn't thought of doing that before so thanks for that advice :) It's really nice that the administrative staff is so helpful. When were you pulled off of the waitlist and accepted into the program?
You're welcome! They didn't start calling off of the waitlist last year until May 2. In previous years they started calling the day of/day after you were required to commit (usually around April 16-18 depending on the year). I really thought I had no chance when a week passed...and then 2 weeks passed before they started calling. It was quite stressful lol. They pulled several of my classmates off of the waitlist on May 2nd though and some on May 3rd. :)

thank you! but I do not know when the school will be accredited so I have no idea if it's my top choice or not.. Still waiting to hear back from Purdue
MWU already has provisional accreditation. The 4th year students took their NAVLE recently and we are just waiting for MWU to receive the scores. 80% of the Class of 2018 are required pass the NAVLE. When this happens and their class graduates this year, MWU will have full accreditation. :D

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on being accepted!! That's really exciting!! Are you committed to Midwestern?? Thank you very much, I'm holding out hope that things will work out in the end! :)
Thank you :) I am not 100% committed just yet, only because I am waiting to see if my IS school accepts me :) but I loved it there and I could absolutely see myself being there! :)

You're welcome! They didn't start calling off of the waitlist last year until May 2. In previous years they started calling the day of/day after you were required to commit (usually around April 16-18 depending on the year). I really thought I had no chance when a week passed...and then 2 weeks passed before they started calling. It was quite stressful lol. They pulled several of my classmates off of the waitlist on May 2nd though and some on May 3rd. :)

MWU already has provisional accreditation. The 4th year students took their NAVLE recently and we are just waiting for MWU to receive the scores. 80% of the Class of 2018 are required pass the NAVLE. When this happens and their class graduates this year, MWU will have full accreditation. :D

Gahhh that's such a long time to live on the edge waiting to be called off the waitlist. Do you know if they happen to pull the odd singular person off the list here and there up until May? I hope it isn't too long of a wait. I'm not sure how to balance out the fact I might need a backup plan but I don't want to commit to anything when my future at Midwestern hangs in the balance. Hearing that you were on the waitlist and ended up getting accepted in the beginning of May makes me feel a lot better! God, I want to get in more than anything haha. That's so nice to hear that several people made it off the waitlist last year :) *please come faster, May!*

Thank you :) I am not 100% committed just yet, only because I am waiting to see if my IS school accepts me :) but I loved it there and I could absolutely see myself being there! :)
You're welcome :) That totally makes sense you are waiting to hear from other schools before you make your final decision! I hope you get to go to the school you want to go to, wherever that is :) I totally agree, Midwestern was beautiful and their facilities were just mind-blowing!

The interview was very casual, all the professors interviewing were welcoming and great! There will be a lot of waiting around in the morning so feel free to talk with other intervieweers or any students or faculty! Your split into groups so one group will do a campus tour and the second group will start their interviews. In the afternoon everyone went on a tour of the animal clinic after lunch. I interviewed on the 10th of this month. Good luck you will do great!
I interviewed on the 10th as well!

I'm not sure when scores will become public, but we were informed today that our NAVLE pass rate was 92%! We only needed an 80% to become fully accredited. Next step is us graduating May 30th and Midwestern University will be fully accredited!

Reactions: 17 users
I'm not sure when scores will become public, but we were informed today that our NAVLE pass rate was 92%! We only needed an 80% to become fully accredited. Next step is us graduating May 30th and Midwestern University will be fully accredited!

That is awesome news!

That is awesome!!

This thread got really quiet. Any one else get an interview?

I got into my in state so I’ll be giving up my spot. I hope it helps someone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got into my in state so I’ll be giving up my spot. I hope it helps someone!
Congrats!!

I've just been focusing on this semester and work. Trying to not let the wait kill me in the mean time :laugh:

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't have an app on my phone that's counting down the time until May

I was wondering about that first question too. They had asked us how we heard about them in a previous page so I was assuming probably as essay but I have no idea what I could possibly write about how I heard about them in 500 words. Did you decide how you were going to respond to that prompt?
Not really. :/ I’m just going to word it as eloquently as possible.

For anyone that’s still in the interview waitlist they said they are interviewing until April in the email i sent them. But there was a girl on the APVMA Facebook page and when she called and they said the 21st is the last interview day. So I’m kinda confused on the interviews at this point.

But does anyone know if they would still give an interview after April 15th or is it just post-interview waitlist that will recieve an offer? They didn’t really answer that part of my email and I’m just curious.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone that’s still in the interview waitlist they said they are interviewing until April in the email i sent them. But there was a girl on the APVMA Facebook page and when she called and they said the 21st is the last interview day. So I’m kinda confused on the interviews at this point.

But does anyone know if they would still give an interview after April 15th or is it just post-interview waitlist that will recieve an offer? They didn’t really answer that part of my email and I’m just curious.
I remember reading somewhere that they interview until April but I also saw that february 21st date...I'd say go with what the email told you. Also helps keep my head up lol

Hey everyone! I just wanted to update everyone who is anxiously waiting for an interview invite. I received an invite this morning to interview on 02/19/18!!

I was waitlisted back in August!! So have been waiting for a long time haha

I also wanted to add that when I spoke with my admissions councillor back in January she said the last scheduled interview date is February 21st. After that they will evaluate what their class looks like and decide if any more dates will be added. At that time she also said there was ~300 people on the wait list. Last year when I applied late through the MWU page (not VMCAS) I was told that after the deadline of April 15th they hold no more interviews, so I’m guessing it might be similar this year.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to update everyone who is anxiously waiting for an interview invite. I received an invite this morning to interview on 02/19/18!!

I also wanted to add that when I spoke with my admissions councillor back in January she said the last scheduled interview date is February 21st. After that they will evaluate what their class looks like and decide if any more dates will be added. At that time she also said there was ~300 people on the wait list. Last year when I applied late through the MWU page (not VMCAS) I was told that after the deadline of April 15th they hold no more interviews, so I’m guessing it might be similar this year.

Thanks for the clarification! And good luck on your interview.

I wish they would give this information or keep waitlisted people in the loop better. This waitlist to interview is confusing when they give different answers

Any idea if the committee met again or if they aren’t meeting until these final rounds interview? I could call but just wondering if anyone else already knew. I interviewed 1/24 just after they had met.

Any idea if the committee met again or if they aren’t meeting until these final rounds interview? I could call but just wondering if anyone else already knew. I interviewed 1/24 just after they had met.

We just had interviews on 2/12 and the associate dean said the committee would meet by the end of that day.

officially accepted to VMRCVM, so giving up my seat to Midwestern C/O 2022. Good luck everyone!

officially accepted to VMRCVM, so giving up my seat to Midwestern C/O 2022. Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!

Do you know, by chance, if she meant there were 300 people on the alternate list or on the interview waitlist??
Kind of curious as to what the alternate list looks like if that's the interview one.

Hm. I already interviewed but now it says my application is incomplete...The MWU website says I am missing classes that I definitely took. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hm. I already interviewed but now it says my application is incomplete...The MWU website says I am missing classes that I definitely took. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it happened to me when my acceptance list went up. I emailed them and they fixed it for me.

Do you know, by chance, if she meant there were 300 people on the alternate list or on the interview waitlist??
Kind of curious as to what the alternate list looks like if that's the interview one.

I believe it was the interview waitlist. I had asked how many interview spots were left and how many people were on the waitlist to be interviewed.

After I was accepted, it showed I hadn’t taken biochemistry which I definitely did. Called them up and they fixed it immediately.

Congratulations on your interview!
Did you receive an email or just have to check your portal for your interview invite?

I'm on the alternate list and it said completed classes of mine are incomplete. Just have to call them and let them know!!

I just got the call and email! I’m in!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations! So what did the caller ID say?
Thanks. I’m an AZ native so it was just a local AZ number for me. I didn’t answer it because I get a lot of spam calls but I listened to the voicemail and my email came within the next few min and the checklist was available as well. So unfortunately I didn’t get to take the call! But it was exciting never the less.

Anyone who interviewed on Feb 7th hear anything?!? I know its only one week, but i am dying here waiting!!!!

If you're placed on the waitlist, does your status change on the portal or do you just get a letter?

If you're placed on the waitlist, does your status change on the portal or do you just get a letter?

It would look like this:
View attachment 224105
You would actually be able to view what is in the applicant checklist and what is pending to complete the checklist. If you are accepted you will be able to view the same thing...BUT...it will say ACCEPTED checklist. If it still says "no items pending" that means your app is still being processed. :) Sorry if I confused you guys!

That's what your portal would look like, I also was notified via snail mail.

Officially accepted to Oklahoma State, I’ll be giving up my seat at Midwestern c/o 2022. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt for that elusive spot ! Go Pokes !

Anyone still left in the dark about an interview? I've contacted admissions and still have yet to hear back from them. I'm sure at this point it's a rejection, but still trying to stay slightly optimistic.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still left in the dark about an interview? I've contacted admissions and still have yet to hear back from them. I'm sure at this point it's a rejection, but still trying to stay slightly optimistic.
Yup I'm in the same boat! I'm an alternate for Kansas State and Iowa State. Midwestern is the only school I am still waiting on but I'm assuming it's a rejection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Yup I'm in the same boat! I'm an alternate for Kansas State and Iowa State. Midwestern is the only school I am still waiting on but I'm assuming it's a rejection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
You and I are in the exact same boat. I'm also OOS alternate at both Kansas and Iowa lol

@MAD MIKE O7 @Tru108 when I emailed them last week asking some questions all they said was “ if you are given an interview we will email you.” But on Facebook a girl did say the last interview was the 21st and then they evaluate what they have and will open more interviews if needed.

This is the last school I haven’t heard anything from but I’m also waitlisted at Iowa State too so fingers crossed for y’all

Hey everyone! Brand new to SDN but officially accepted my spot at Midwestern! Just wanted to introduce myself and see who else will be joining me this August?

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! Brand new to SDN but officially accepted my spot at Midwestern! Just wanted to introduce myself and see who else will be joining me this August?
Most likely I will! I have a waitlist at another school but am planning on MWU!

Reactions: 2 users