Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! Brand new to SDN but officially accepted my spot at Midwestern! Just wanted to introduce myself and see who else will be joining me this August?
Me! I accepted my spot too I ended up on the instate waitlist for Kansas

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Is anyone else planning on taking out loans for Midwestern and kinda freaking out about being able to pay them back?? If someone could talk me through to ease my mind thatd be great

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone. Question from my wife who has been accepted to MWU (she doesn't have her own SDN account). I was wondering what kind of International, OneHealth, or Public Health opportunities are available at MWU? Also, she has been considering applying to the US Public Health Services Corp. either during or after veterinarian school; is anyone familiar with this? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also waitlisted for an interview back on September 21st. Wish we got updates; I thought for sure it was a rejection by now.

Just called admissions and the committee isn't meeting until next week (or at least that's just for the 2/12 interviews)

Just called admissions and the committee isn't meeting until next week (or at least that's just for the 2/12 interviews)
So I wonder if the committee is meeting this week for my interview set. It was two weeks ago this Monday. This wait is a killer. I was accepted at another school but Midwestern is my number 1 pick

So I wonder if the committee is meeting this week for my interview set. It was two weeks ago this Monday. This wait is a killer. I was accepted at another school but Midwestern is my number 1 pick
I got a letter today. I'm on the waitlist.

Hey everyone. Question from my wife who has been accepted to MWU (she doesn't have her own SDN account). I was wondering what kind of International, OneHealth, or Public Health opportunities are available at MWU? Also, she has been considering applying to the US Public Health Services Corp. either during or after veterinarian school; is anyone familiar with this? Thank you.
Hey there, I am also going to start at MWU. They have One Health courses, electives and a club (Course Descriptions). I know they also have opportunities to work with the other professionals on campus as well (not just vet students). Since I am just starting as well, I don't know more detailed info but she should call admissions and talk to them. They can sell her better on their One Health programs than I can. Good Luck to her!

Hi all! Interviewed at Midwestern on 10/26 and was accepted on 11/13! I interviewed at Ohio State and am still waiting for a decision, and was waitlisted at Iowa State. I fell in love with Midwestern and am so excited that it's an option for me. Happy to meet all of you accepting your spot already!!!

I got a letter today. I'm on the waitlist.
Aww man I am sorry to hear that! I don't know if they mentioned it on your tour but on mine they said they will accept off the wait list up until class starts. I know that's not super unusual and in fact at first it seems cruel. They said they know finding out last minute sucks and they used to have a cut off date in July so people wouldn't be left wondering. Now their policy is, if a seat opens up who are we to deny you the chance. So if you really would like to be here, I say hold on to the alternate spot. You at least have a back up plan!

Hey guys! Is anyone else planning on taking out loans for Midwestern and kinda freaking out about being able to pay them back?? If someone could talk me through to ease my mind thatd be great
I feel bad no one responded so I will even though I don't have great advice! I am taking the loans out for Midwestern. For all of it. I once had a small savings and it went towards an eye surgery. So I really have nothing to give towards this (or not much I should say). I am not worried about it. That's why I didn't respond! I want this and I decided I won't let the debt stand in my way. But I would say call financial aid and talk to them. They are there to talk you through it! There will be plenty of ways to help pay down the debt once you analyze your veterinary goals and get on the path. For instance, I like rural living and there are sometimes opportunities to get debt reduction or loan forgiveness to work in an under-served (rural) community for awhile. Since my goal is to move out of a big city that could be an opportunity for me to help pay off some debt. That's what I mean by path. Once you know your veterinary path you can look at how you can pay down the debt. But talking to financial aid early and often will help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to my IS today, so I will be declining my seat at Midwestern. I hope it helps someone! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed 2/7 and put on the alternate list just now. I wish they sent emails instead of snail mail. Midwestern is my only option so waiting until April is going to be tough. Anyone have any idea how the class is shaking out/how many will get pulled off the alternate list?

Also, does anyone know how loans work for alternate list people? Do we just do FAFSA in hopes we get the call?

Interviewed 2/7 and put on the alternate list just now. I wish they sent emails instead of snail mail. Midwestern is my only option so waiting until April is going to be tough. Anyone have any idea how the class is shaking out/how many will get pulled off the alternate list?

Also, does anyone know how loans work for alternate list people? Do we just do FAFSA in hopes we get the call?
File the FAFSA now just in case

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Anyone know if the committee is meeting today?

Also you probably said but where did you get in?
I got into Ross and LMU but I've decided that Ross provides more opportunities for research then LMU. I'm excited and I'm really am grateful that I got in because this is my second application cycle, but its hard when your number 1 school places you on the waitlist. This whole process is stressful and expensive and I have a lot of respect for anyone going through the cycle!

Last edited:
I feel bad no one responded so I will even though I don't have great advice! I am taking the loans out for Midwestern. For all of it. I once had a small savings and it went towards an eye surgery. So I really have nothing to give towards this (or not much I should say). I am not worried about it. That's why I didn't respond! I want this and I decided I won't let the debt stand in my way. But I would say call financial aid and talk to them. They are there to talk you through it! There will be plenty of ways to help pay down the debt once you analyze your veterinary goals and get on the path. For instance, I like rural living and there are sometimes opportunities to get debt reduction or loan forgiveness to work in an under-served (rural) community for awhile. Since my goal is to move out of a big city that could be an opportunity for me to help pay off some debt. That's what I mean by path. Once you know your veterinary path you can look at how you can pay down the debt. But talking to financial aid early and often will help you.
That's my plan too! There are so many rural areas that need vets. Are you an AVMA advocate by any chance?

Good Evening everyone!! Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to Midwestern! We look forward to welcoming you here during orientation! My name is Emily and I am the Student Government President, feel free to reach out to me with any questions! In the meantime, Here is the class of 2022 Facebook page!

Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted back in October but I’ll be giving up my spot since I got into my IS. Weird question: how do I reject my offer? There isn’t an option on the portal.. do I just email admissions?

Hello! I'm a first year student and would be happy to answer any questions! During first year we have two quarters of One Health taught by Dr. Donald Noah who has extensive experience and is a great mentor to anyone interested in the field. I believe he also teaches the elective One Health course that's option during third year. We also have Interprofessional Healthcare each quarter as a pass/fail class where we meet with a group of students from the other health schools to practice working through a case that involves different areas of medicine coming together. Besides classes there are also lots of opportunities through clubs, research, and faculty mentorship. I'm sure she could get experience in the area she's interested in!

I was accepted back in October but I’ll be giving up my spot since I got into my IS. Weird question: how do I reject my offer? There isn’t an option on the portal.. do I just email admissions?
Nevermind figured it out! Declined my seat today. Good luck everyone!

I'm from the East coast and I'm heading back to Arizona to check out the area/school again before I make my final decision. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for fun while I'm out there to get a feel for the area?

I'm from the East coast and I'm heading back to Arizona to check out the area/school again before I make my final decision. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do for fun while I'm out there to get a feel for the area?
I've lived in the area almost my whole life, and I can tell you that hiking is the best thing to do this time of year :) South Mountain, White Tanks, Thunderbird, Camelback, and Popago Park are all nice depending on which are of the Valley you want to visit. But remember that temperatures can reach well into the triple digits for a good chunk of the year, so hiking isn't an activity you can do year round in you do end up living here (unless you go super early in the morning). I've also been to a place called Butterfly Wonderland a couple times and think it's a fairly unique and fun thing to do while you're here, but going one time is enough. If anyone else has questions about the Phoenix area just let me know!

Just got a letter in the mail that I'm on the waitlist (my 3rd school waitlist :(). Anyone know when they start pulling people from the waitlist? And if they go through a lot of the waitlist?
I've heard in the past they've taken a good number from the waitlist but I'm not completely sure. I was accepted at two other schools but MWU is my top choice and I'm on the waitlist. This is my 2nd time applying and the first year I was waitlisted at 2 schools so I understand how you feel. This process is rough.

Just got a letter in the mail that I'm on the waitlist (my 3rd school waitlist :(). Anyone know when they start pulling people from the waitlist? And if they go through a lot of the waitlist?
I've heard in the past they've taken a good number from the waitlist but I'm not completely sure. I was accepted at two other schools but MWU is my top choice and I'm on the waitlist. This is my 2nd time applying and the first year I was waitlisted at 2 schools so I understand how you feel. This process is rough.

I've lived in the area almost my whole life, and I can tell you that hiking is the best thing to do this time of year :) South Mountain, White Tanks, Thunderbird, Camelback, and Popago Park are all nice depending on which are of the Valley you want to visit. But remember that temperatures can reach well into the triple digits for a good chunk of the year, so hiking isn't an activity you can do year round in you do end up living here (unless you go super early in the morning). I've also been to a place called Butterfly Wonderland a couple times and think it's a fairly unique and fun thing to do while you're here, but going one time is enough. If anyone else has questions about the Phoenix area just let me know!

Thank you so much!!! That all sounds like fun, I can't wait!

Thank you so much!!! That all sounds like fun, I can't wait!

Odysea aquarium in the Scottsdale area is fairly new, it's a beautiful facility with some amazing habitats/sea life. They have a turtle with bubble butt, and another missing fins, both of which they rescued.
I second butterfly wonderland, and all the other places (if you go to papago park, make sure you go to the hole in the rock!).
I would also recommend looking into the Phoenix zoo, Pangaea Land of the Dinosaurs, desert botanical garden, Arizona science center, as places to go.
If you plan on going before April 1st, you can also attend the Arizona renaissance festival!
March 9-11th we have the ostrich festival in Chandler, you also have gold field ghost town down by apache junction. We seem to always have something to do, just depends how far you're willing to travel .

Has there been any movement from those on the waitlist for an interview? Realistically, what are the chances of getting an interview on the waitlist for an interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Has there been any movement from those on the waitlist for an interview? Realistically, what are the chances of getting an interview on the waitlist for an interview?
feeling like its 0 now lol, I've been on it since august.

I got into Ross and LMU but I've decided that Ross provides more opportunities for research then LMU. I'm excited and I'm really am grateful that I got in because this is my second application cycle, but its hard when your number 1 school places you on the waitlist. This whole process is stressful and expensive and I have a lot of respect for anyone going through the cycle!
Same boat and my number one school wouldn’t even interview me but I wasn’t shocked! 2nd round applying and sooooo grateful to be in. And yeah it’s soooo expensive!

Finally decided to start this one too!
Anyone applying/ reapplying here?
I’m currently on the alternate list! I’m nervous tho because I haven’t heard anything yet but admissions said they do interviews through March.

I’m currently on the alternate list! I’m nervous tho because I haven’t heard anything yet but admissions said they do interviews through March.

I think it’s a page or two back but if you are on the interview waitlist, somone called admission and the last official interview was 2-21 and then after that they see where they are with acceptances and offer more interviews if needed. I did ask them if it was possible to get an interview after the deadline but never got a real answer but looking at last years thread, after the 15th they only call post interview waitlisters.

I think it’s a page or two back but if you are on the interview waitlist, somone called admission and the last official interview was 2-21 and then after that they see where they are with acceptances and offer more interviews if needed. I did ask them if it was possible to get an interview after the deadline but never got a real answer but looking at last years thread, after the 15th they only call post interview waitlisters.
Thank you so much for letting me know!

I was also waitlisted for an interview back on September 21st. Wish we got updates; I thought for sure it was a rejection by now.
I’ve been wait listed for an interview since October! Still haven’t heard anything either :(

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students day or another open house before school starts in August? Thanks in advance!

Hey y’all! I’m a current first year at MWU and would love to help anyone in their decision making or any questions they may have about MWU CVM! Congrats to the ones who have gotten in already, I can’t wait to meet everyone!

Hey y’all! I’m a current first year at MWU and would love to help anyone in their decision making or any questions they may have about MWU CVM! Congrats to the ones who have gotten in already, I can’t wait to meet everyone!
How do you like the school? Do you get a lot of hands-on experience?

Very realistic! I know a lot of people in my class that were waitlisted for an interview and for a spot in the class and ended up getting in. I also know someone who was waitlisted and didn’t get a call about being accepted until June so there’s still plenty of hope!

How do you like the school? Do you get a lot of hands-on experience?
I love the school! There are hints that could be fixed and tweaked but it’s a new school so that’s to be expected. Overall, I love the school. As far as hands on experience, yes! There’s plenty of it and they are working to put more in. From mobile clinics, TNRs, and labs, there is plenty of opportunity to get experience as a first year. I’ve done 3 cat neuters and that’s pretty much unheard on at other school as a first year!

I love the school! There are hints that could be fixed and tweaked but it’s a new school so that’s to be expected. Overall, I love the school. As far as hands on experience, yes! There’s plenty of it and they are working to put more in. From mobile clinics, TNRs, and labs, there is plenty of opportunity to get experience as a first year. I’ve done 3 cat neuters and that’s pretty much unheard on at other school as a first year!
That sounds awesome! Thank you for the info, I'm super excited!

Very realistic! I know a lot of people in my class that were waitlisted for an interview and for a spot in the class and ended up getting in. I also know someone who was waitlisted and didn’t get a call about being accepted until June so there’s still plenty of hope!
Thanks for giving us hope! I’m also waitlisted for an interview and had kind of lost hope so that’s good to hear!

Reactions: 2 users
That sounds amazing! I’m currently waitlisted for an interview I hope I get accepted at some point!

Hey! Quick question about accreditation. Will the school be fully accredited after the 4th years graduate? Or are there further steps in the process that the school needs to go through?

I’m so much more hopeful after reading this! Thank you for sharing :)

Hey! Quick question about accreditation. Will the school be fully accredited after the 4th years graduate? Or are there further steps in the process that the school needs to go through?
They will be fully credited! They needed an 80% NAVLE passing rate and the 4th Years got 91% (not incuding the ones that get to take it again in April and that will count towards the overall passing percentage). So as soon as the 4th years walk across the stage, MWU will officially be accredited!

Also, one more thing to add MWU have the highest internship matching rate in the entire country!

Reactions: 3 users
They will be fully credited! They needed an 80% NAVLE passing rate and the 4th Years got 91% (not incuding the ones that get to take it again in April and that will count towards the overall passing percentage). So as soon as the 4th years walk across the stage, MWU will officially be accredited!

Also, one more thing to add MWU have the highest internship matching rate in the entire country!
By internships do you mean summer internships?