Midwestern C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my email yesterday! but no call. So I guess it differs for everyone how they are contacted haha
I think you are right because my portal updated Monday and yesterday I received my call. The admissions counselor that called sent me the email simultaneously, so I think it varies!

Members don't see this ad.

People who have interviewed - they said that the interview day goes until 3 but the only flight I could get is at 3:45
Do yall think I could leave early from the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have interviewed - they said that the interview day goes until 3 but the only flight I could get is at 3:45

Your actual interview will be in the morning. You'll either be in the 8am group or the ~9am group. During the actual interview period, half of the interviewees go on a tour of the academic side of their campus and the other half do their interviews and then they swap. After interviews and the tour of the classrooms, they feed you lunch and then around 12:15ish you go over to the clinic and do a short presentation and then go on the tour. Dr. Gartrell did give us the option of skipping the tour if we were not fit to walk a lot. At the end of that tour (it was around 2pm) they did a short presentation about financial aid.

From how mine went, I think they would understand and you could likely leave right after the little presentation that Dr. Gartrell does or leave after lunch possibly. I would call them and discuss it or ask someone when you get there.

Reactions: 1 user
When I went, there was one girl who left right after her interview and basically missed the majority of the day due to her flight. The admissions people were very accommodating. You can call and let them know and they will probably have no problem with letting you leave early.

I just got an email saying my application was still pending because it’s good enough that i might get an interview

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email saying my application was still pending because it’s good enough that i might get an interview

I just got an email, too. First information I’ve received. I’m now waitlisted for an interview

Hi everyone!!

Congratulations on your acceptance to MWU! We look forward to meeting you! Here is a Facebook page for the class of 2023! Get your questions answered and become familiar with some of your classmates! Click the link below!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they have met to review the January 16th interviews yet? I haven't heard anything yet and it's making me nervous since the January 9th people heard back last week.

If they haven't gotten to our group yet, hopefully we will be in the next round of interviews they review then. I'm assuming if we were rejected they would at least let us know, right? Best of luck!

I was told they'd be meeting today (Tuesday) (which they have also told me every week since interviews), and was also told that they send rejections via snail mail. Good luck to you too!

Has anyone received an email from Midwestern's pharmacy department about studying veterinary pharmacy?? I just got one this morning. It said something like "since you didn't get the desired results from applying to our veterinary program, we thought you'd be interested in veterinary pharmacy." But I am currently waitlisted and have not been denied yet, so idk why it said since you didn't get the desired results...kinda stressing me out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an email from Midwestern's pharmacy department about studying veterinary pharmacy?? I just got one this morning. It said something like "since you didn't get the desired results from applying to our veterinary program, we thought you'd be interested in veterinary pharmacy." But I am currently waitlisted and have not been denied yet, so idk why it said since you didn't get the desired results...kinda stressing me out.
Yes I got the same email, and was stressing out too since I’m also waitlisted.

Makes me worry! Supposedly rejections went out via snail mail, so if I did get rejected, I haven’t got the letter in the mail yet...

Makes me worry! Supposedly rejections went out via snail mail, so if I did get rejected, I haven’t got the letter in the mail yet...
During my interview I’m pretty sure I remember hearing there are interviews till March so there is definitely time

After i got the email my portal hasn’t changed in any way. Not interview waitlisted or anything ‍♀️ so I’m just waiting till March to see if i get an interview. Unless i hear from my top choice by then ‍♀️

Has anyone else been pulled off of the interview* waitlist? (I think I saw one person did a while back)

Everything has been really silent for me since September, I didn’t even get that email about pharmacy school lol :yuck:

Last edited:

I got one of those today too :/ last news I had before then was back in August my application was put in the waitlist for an interview.

Do yall think that the people who interviewed this week were reviewed on Tuesday by any chance?

I'm so impatient...

Do yall think that the people who interviewed this week were reviewed on Tuesday by any chance?

I'm so impatient...

I interviewed Jan 16th and still haven’t heard back from Them... could be bad or could be that they haven’t reviewed yet, but so far I’ve only seen that people who have interviewed the first January date have heard back

Does anyone happen to know the pass rate for the NAVLE for midwestern? Can’t seem to find it online

Has anyone who interviewed after Jan 9th heard back yet?

talked to admissions today, the woman I spoke to explained that even though the committee has met and has made decisions, the dean has to authorize those decisions, send it back to admissions, then they notify us. She said something like 92+ people were waiting on hearing back so we're not alone! Hopefully soon

Hi everyone! I just got the decision from my last school I was waiting on, and it looks like I'll be going to MWU in the fall! (I interviewed 10/23 and was accepted by email on 11/2, I was just waiting on all the other schools to get back to me to commit). I'm super excited and already joined the FB group! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back from schools :)

Hi everyone! I just got the decision from my last school I was waiting on, and it looks like I'll be going to MWU in the fall! (I interviewed 10/23 and was accepted by email on 11/2, I was just waiting on all the other schools to get back to me to commit). I'm super excited and already joined the FB group! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back from schools :)

What is the link to the FB page? I can’t seem to find it!! Thank you!! :)

I was put on the wait list in October and haven't been contacted since... sooooo who knows. If it's a no I just want to know already

I was put on the wait list in October and haven't been contacted since... sooooo who knows. If it's a no I just want to know already
Interviews go until March. So not too much longer.

To those who got the pharmacy school email, I replied explaining my confusion because I haven't received a rejection from the vet program yet. The reply I got said the vet program has concluded their interviews so I did not get in this cycle. The fact that I received my rejection from the pharmacy school (and my decision was shared with others outside of the program to which I applied) is beside the point, but I just wanted to share that info with you all in case others were confused too. I was interview waitlisted in Oct/Nov for those wondering. Sorry this is bad news for some of you, I know how you feel.

Still no word from those who interviewed January 16th and later??

To those who got the pharmacy school email, I replied explaining my confusion because I haven't received a rejection from the vet program yet. The reply I got said the vet program has concluded their interviews so I did not get in this cycle. The fact that I received my rejection from the pharmacy school (and my decision was shared with others outside of the program to which I applied) is beside the point, but I just wanted to share that info with you all in case others were confused too. I was interview waitlisted in Oct/Nov for those wondering. Sorry this is bad news for some of you, I know how you feel.

That’s weird... (not to mention unprofessional if that is the case), I thought they were doing interviews until March? At least that’s what my email from them says. I guess it doesn’t matter anymore seeing as it’s just about the end of February. I’ve been on the ‘interview waitlist’ since September and I haven’t received any other emails/communications from the school in general; nothing in my portal either. Which I also find odd. This last month I came to terms with the likelihood of being rejected from MWU in light of everything. This whole fiasco had been putting extra stress on many of us. thank you for sharing this info, and you’re definitely not alone!

That’s weird... (not to mention unprofessional if that is the case), I thought they were doing interviews until March? At least that’s what my email from them says. I guess it doesn’t matter anymore seeing as it’s just about the end of February. I’ve been on the ‘interview waitlist’ since September and I haven’t received any other emails/communications from the school in general; nothing in my portal either. Which I also find odd. This last month I came to terms with the likelihood of being rejected from MWU in light of everything. This whole fiasco had been putting extra stress on many of us. thank you for sharing this info, and you’re definitely not alone!

I'm in the same spot as you guys. Put on the interview waitlist back in October and then received the Pharmacy email not long ago. I also think it's super unprofessional that -that's- the way we get rejected? I'd much rather see a formal rejection either in the mail or via email? :bored:

I'm in the same spot as you guys. Put on the interview waitlist back in October and then received the Pharmacy email not long ago. I also think it's super unprofessional that -that's- the way we get rejected? I'd much rather see a formal rejection either in the mail or via email? :bored:

Yeah I got it too, twice actually lol (about a week apart, probably because I didn’t respond to the first one).

Yea that’s a little messed up. I wasn’t a huge fan either of the fact that there was zero correspondence between the notification of waitlist in the first week of October and, well, now. Instead, ghosted.

Sorry guys I’m lurking but now I’m curious about this pharmacy email? *sips tea*

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry guys I’m lurking but now I’m curious about this pharmacy email? *sips tea*
It was an email saying that since you didn’t get the desired results out of applying to the vet school, you could try applying to the veterinary pharmacy program. I never got it, probably because I withdrew my application just before those emails went out, but apparently that was their way of subtlely letting people know they got rejected. So a bunch of people (read: everyone on the interview waitlist) saw it and thought “wait, didn’t get the desired result? I thought I was still being considered.” The original email notifying us of being waitlisted for an interview said that interviews ran into March. Turns out they actually stopped much sooner but Midwestern never told anyone and there was no correspondence within the waitlisted students after the original email notifying them that they were waitlisted.

It was an email saying that since you didn’t get the desired results out of applying to the vet school, you could try applying to the veterinary pharmacy program. I never got it, probably because I withdrew my application just before those emails went out, but apparently that was their way of subtlely letting people know they got rejected. So a bunch of people (read: everyone on the interview waitlist) saw it and thought “wait, didn’t get the desired result? I thought I was still being considered.” The original email notifying us of being waitlisted for an interview said that interviews ran into March. Turns out they actually stopped much sooner but Midwestern never told anyone and there was no correspondence within the waitlisted students after the original email notifying them that they were waitlisted.

Well that’s pretty ****ing ****ty of them

Sorry guys. That majorly sucks. :(

Interviewed February my portal didnt change - hoping they just didnt get to my interview date yet

If it hasn’t changed, wait and see.
The pharmacy email is super weird, that didn’t go out last cycle from what I’m aware of. I would contact the school and ask for clarification, I didn’t even know that’s an available program.
Students have been getting bogus emails sent to our school email, but that wouldn’t make much sense since a lot of you are getting this.
Maybe also ask around on the APVMA Facebook page to see if other applicants are getting this email.
Congrats to those accepted thus far! I was an alternate last cycle, pulled off the list and offered a seat in May. So don’t give up hope yet!

I’ve also been on the interview waitlist since October ish but I have not received the pharmacy email. So not quite everyone :shrug: