Midwestern C/O 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys my interview is tomorrow!!! Any pointers?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

Just be yourself and make friends!!! Talking with people really helps calm you down. At first I thought I would have to force conversation, but it came so naturally. I literally just introduced myself and asked people questions and made many friends by the end of the day! Everyone is so nice.
Have ~*thoughtful*~ questions to ask at the end of your interview time. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me! I’d be happy to help out!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user

The interview is super laid-back and very conversational. Just go in there, be yourself, and answer truthfully. Everyone who interviewed on my interview day was in agreement that the interviewers are extremely nice and easy-going. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I’m so so so so happy for you!!!!! I haven’t decided if I’m accepting it yet but if I do we’ll be future classmates!!!!!!

Yaaay!!!! Congrats!!! Looks like we’ll be classmates!!!!

Oops Correction this was meant for lilacbecky

Hi Everyone, I interviewed at Midwestern myself and wanted to say the group I interviewed with was amazing. Everyone was supportive and clapping as we came in and out of our interviews. The admissions department interacted with us and sat and talked with us. we laughed. I loved it. I wish you all success in your interviews and hope to be going to school with you all next year! Post as soon as any of you hear anything. I think the last interview in this cycle was Wednesday. We should be hearing something soon...

Hi Everyone, I interviewed at Midwestern myself and wanted to say the group I interviewed with was amazing. Everyone was supportive and clapping as we came in and out of our interviews. The admissions department interacted with us and sat and talked with us. we laughed. I loved it. I wish you all success in your interviews and hope to be going to school with you all next year! Post as soon as any of you hear anything. I think the last interview in this cycle was Wednesday. We should be hearing something soon...

I have an interview scheduled for January 16th!

Congratulations!!! It is super chill. They really want you to feel comfortable. I actually had an amazing experience.

Thanks I'm super excited! I mostly quoted your post b/c I was confused about the "last interview this cycle was on Wednesday" did you mean the last interview for this admissions cycle?

Thanks I'm super excited! I mostly quoted your post b/c I was confused about the "last interview this cycle was on Wednesday" did you mean the last interview for this admissions cycle?

That it’s the last interview for this cycle of applicants. But on my email they said they do interviews into March since they do rolling admissions! So don’t stress ;)

Hey! They do rolling admissions until March, but every 3 weeks or so is when the committee meets and decides on official acceptances vs. Placement on alternate list vs. Rejection for that batch of applicants!

Reactions: 4 users
I just randomly checked my portal before going to sleep and the Accepted Student Checklist is there and I'm literally shaking and crying!!! Midwestern is my #1 school choice and after two years of applying I'm accepted and I couldn't be happier!!! To everyone still waiting, either for an interview or to get off the waitlist, don't give up!! :D :D
I just want you to know I’ve been rooting for you since last year and I’m so excited you were admitted! Midwestern was honestly the best decision I’ve made in my academic career. Every teacher is invested in your success and there are so many opportunities for you to learn and grow. If you need anything at all let me know! Congratulations!!! :)

Accepted! ☺️☺️ Interviewed 12/12

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! I’m still shaking. Got the call mid driving. This is the best Christmas present ever

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/12.

Reactions: 5 users
How were you notified?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
I was at work so I had a missed phone call and email. Then I checked my portal which was updated to have the accepted checklist. From what others have said it seems that the portal updates before you receive a call or email.

I just got an alternate list letter. Interviewed 12/12

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

anyone gotten off the interview waitlist recently??

Hello! I am a current 2nd year at Midwestern. I wanted to clear some things up in regards to bringing parents to interviews. It is 100% acceptable and encouraged to bring parents and/or loved ones and you will absolutely NOT be looked down upon if you bring them to your interview. I know a lot of people in my class who brought their significant others or parents and they got in. It is unacceptable for a student ambassador to speak down on not only our school but also y'all, as potential students. Midwestern as a whole is a very accepting, accommodating, and welcoming to everyone; this includes students, professors, and the deans.

Reactions: 8 users
Just my opinion...
But honestly that kind of sucks if midwestern isn’t welcoming like described... I didnt get that vibe at the other school I interviewed at (haven’t at MWU yet). :pigeon: Plenty of parents and everyone was very welcoming. Idk though, I brought my mom to my interview that was local... it made me happy to make her feel apart of my accomplishments, she’s done so much for me and I could tell she was excited to be there to support me. She just didn’t go in the building when I was interviewing... but she got to see the campus and listen to the panels... kinda got to see where I all my hard work will hopefully get me (and why I spend so many hours studying :p).

I know some schools are differentin terms of their environment... but I think if you want your parent/person there for whatever the reason then bring them! This is an amazing thing we’re all doing and if students want to judge that fine... they aren’t the ones admitting you anyway! Do what you want and I’m sure you’ll do fantastic :love: good luck!

Hi there! Midwestern CVM 2021 student here I brought my Dad with me to my interview day. He sat with me and others while waiting for my interview, went on the tour, asked questions and ate lunch with us. Absolutely if you want your family or friend there bring them! It is a totally ok thing to do. It sure made me more relaxed having him there. Good luck to everyone!

I still haven’t heard anything since the email that said my application was complete on August 30. I feel forgotten about. Anyone else in the same situation?

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven’t heard anything since the email that said my application was complete on August 30. I feel forgotten about. Anyone else in the same situation?
I’m in the same situation. I wonder if they’ve still even got interview slots open at this point.

I’m in the same situation. I wonder if they’ve still even got interview slots open at this point.

That’s what I’m worried about too. Have you tried calling or emailing? I emailed this morning so waiting to hear back.

That’s what I’m worried about too. Have you tried calling or emailing? I emailed this morning so waiting to hear back.
They said in the very beginning that they send interviews out in blocks until February so we still have a month to hear something back!

I interviewed today and wanted to touch on a couple things for everyone.

Anyone interviewing in January will hear back for decisions at the end of January (Dr. Gartrell said that we are the first interview group of this month and they release decisions in groups of 3 interview days or something like that).

As for the parents discussion - I wasn't originally going to bring my dad due to the post that the student ambassador seemed to be talking down on family members, etc, but I did bring my dad. He received a parent packet that essentially politely asked parents to leave for the majority of the day and explore the city but they are welcome to be there for the tour and to hang out before the student Q&A. My dad personally left because he didn't want to impose and came back around 2pm after the clinic tour and listened in on the financial aid presentation. There were three other dads though--one ate lunch with us and took the academic campus tour and all three joined in for the clinic tour. Dr. Gartrell was super welcoming to them during the clinic tour and I do wish my dad had come back for that part but it wasn't a huge deal.

I guess I take it as parents are welcome, but it isn't necessarily preferred that they be there.

So funny story. My mom came with me to my interview back in October. She received the parent packet but chose to not actually read it lol ended up being with me for the entire duration of the day. She ended up chatting with the dean and had a great time at the school. Also she stayed behind so that I could mingle with other students (@LilacBecky)

Not once did we feel that anyone looked down at us or feel stupid for having a parent there. Now we know if she receives something separate from me she will read it prior but my mom is my biggest supporter and I think it shows a good support system to the school. I got accepted in November and the person who called even remembered my mom.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi all! Does anyone know the deadline to which we have to submit Fall 2018 transcripts by? Thank you in advance :)

Hi all! Does anyone know the deadline to which we have to submit Fall 2018 transcripts by? Thank you in advance :)

I thought we didn’t need to submit until after spring classes? Do we need to submit Fall separately??

Do ya'll think we will hear about more interview invites on Monday? This waiting is killing me!!!

I thought we didn’t need to submit until after spring classes? Do we need to submit Fall separately??

I know some schools are different in that they require a fall semester transcript to be sent. I guess I can contact admissions to see what they say!

So I called admissions and they said to go ahead and send fall 2018 transcripts if you have any!

Anyone who interviewed today, (Jan-23) was there any word on when the committee may meet to discuss applicants? I know the faculty had said end of January, but I was unsure if there was any additional information relayed.

Thank you

Anyone who interviewed today, (Jan-23) was there any word on when the committee may meet to discuss applicants? I know the faculty had said end of January, but I was unsure if there was any additional information relayed.

Thank you

I interviewed on January 9th and I remember Dr. Gartrell telling us that they review applicants in series of 3 interview days. She said that they should start discussion right after the third interview group (your group). She didn't give us exact days though. I would assume they're going to be reviewing everything right now or soon.

I interviewed on January 9th and I remember Dr. Gartrell telling us that they review applicants in series of 3 interview days. She said that they should start discussion right after the third interview group (your group). She didn't give us exact days though. I would assume they're going to be reviewing everything right now or soon.

I'm dying to hear back, I interviewed Jan 16th. Personally I felt like my interview was pretty uptight, and I'm usually very comfortable in an interview setting. Hopefully I'm just in my own head! I loved everything else about midwestern