Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Did others those who interviewed but did not hear on dec15 get placed on a alternate list as well?

There was an email sent out that said you were waitlisted. If you received that email on 1/4 and already interviewed that means you were waitlisted.

I was placed on a “alternate list”. Is that what you were talking about? Did everyone who interviewed get that if they weren’t accepted or only select people?

Members don't see this ad :)
will the bulk of calls happen on the 15th or the 16th?
Sorry but I'm just so stressed* out- This is my third attempt.

Last edited:
I was placed on the waitlist (alternate list) on Jan 4th. Literally started working a lot of hours at a dental office just to keep my mind off this. I paid my deposit to TUFTS but this school was my first option. My question is, can dental schools see on AADSAS that you have been accepted at other universities? Born and raised in Chicago so not getting accepted here just stings lol.

I was placed on the waitlist (alternate list) on Jan 4th. Literally started working a lot of hours at a dental office just to keep my mind off this. I paid my deposit to TUFTS but this school was my first option. My question is, can dental schools see on AADSAS that you have been accepted at other universities? Born and raised in Chicago so not getting accepted here just stings lol.
no, not until march...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today? Im starting to worry if the waitlist wont move
lol
it's been less than 3 days since deposits were due
and weather across the midwest has been bad
and MW-IL is one of the most expensive schools in the country, therefore their WL moves a ton
trust the process...

Hi everyone. My interview is on Monday coming 01/22/2024. Can I ask any tips on how to answer the interview questions?There is a lot of ethical questions during the interview. thank you

Hi everyone. My interview is on Monday coming 01/22/2024. Can I ask any tips on how to answer the interview questions?There is a lot of ethical questions during the interview. thank you
relax and be yourself...

I honestly didn’t get many ethical questions. If I did get any they were very easy to answer and, although i prepared thoroughly for my interviews, I feel like this one did not require much preparation. As long as you’ve really reflected on your dental journey and what you bring to the table, you’ll be fine.

Were you contacted by phone or email for the interview?
I went into my portal last week and there was a message for me to verify my contact info. Apparently, my phone # in the record was wrong so I corrected it.

Be prepared to talk about your application freely at the beginning of your interview

Is anyone planning to follow-up? I sent a letter of intent a month ago and still have not heard anything back.
I sent a letter of intent but all i received was something along the lines of thanks for your email we’ll put it with your application..

Is anyone planning to follow-up? I sent a letter of intent a month ago and still have not heard anything back.
I sent an update after my letter of intent with some community service I’ve done and they said it was added to my app but haven’t heard anything else

Reactions: 1 users
if anyone wants to join me in retaking the DATs, im looking to share a bootcamp account!!

Some advice for those who are going to reapply. Don’t lose hope you can still get in. People have heard up until a week before classes start! But if you want to ensure the best chance do a masters in the next year with something to do with science. I did a masters in physiology and biophysics and it helped me get in with my second time applying to MW!

Some advice for those who are going to reapply. Don’t lose hope you can still get in. People have heard up until a week before classes start! But if you want to ensure the best chance do a masters in the next year with something to do with science. I did a masters in physiology and biophysics and it helped me get in with my second time applying to MW!
Thanks for the encouragement but how do you plan for masters when the schools may accept you very late, near when classes begin? Do I apply for masters and cancel it if I get accepted to a dental school?

Finished my masters and still got waitlisted

when will be the next sort've "wave", or rather when do current acceptances expire? Feb 15th?

has anyone gotten an acceptance with a post dec interview... besides the person that got in the day of lol

i know someone that got an interview invite today
she will be turning it down...

I sent them an email last week, and they haven’t replied. Anyone in the same boat?