Midwestern University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! Question, I know that if you are accepted your portal changes, is it the same if you are denied? Does it change to different than the interview portal? I don’t know if anyone knows this but I’m just obsessively checking 😂

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Is anyone else having issues accessing their portal? I tried logging in yesterday on both my phone and computer and was unable to log into it!

Hey everyone! Is anyone else having issues accessing their portal? I tried logging in yesterday on both my phone and computer and was unable to log into it!

MWU did a big update this past weekend to their computer system so the portal was down. It should be back up now but I know we’ve been having some connectivity issues still. If anything, it should be up and running properly soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MWU did a big update this past weekend to their computer system so the portal was down. It should be back up now but I know we’ve been having some connectivity issues still. If anything, it should be up and running properly soon.
Thank you! I was able to access it this morning.

I saw that they did the update as well! Have you received your decision if you have already interviewed?
I just checked again, I still haven't heard anything. I interviewed on December 1st. Hopefully we will hear soon, the suspense is killing me!

I just checked again, I still haven't heard anything. I interviewed on December 1st. Hopefully we will hear soon, the suspense is killing me!
I interviewed yesterday. I wonder if they are going to look at both interview groups for December and let us know. They implied we may know before they go on winter break (the 18th) 🤞

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed Dec 1st too! Girl this is torture!! My name is Jennifer in case you remember seeing me!

I interviewed yesterday. I wonder if they are going to look at both interview groups for December and let us know. They implied we may know before they go on winter break (the 18th) 🤞
I bet they will! Waiting is so hard lol.

I interviewed Dec 1st too! Girl this is torture!! My name is Jennifer in case you remember seeing me!
Oh yes I do remember seeing you! Best of luck, hoping we do hear before the holidays, that would be such a relief.

I remember the year i got in (2019). I interviewed on December 8th and i heard back the Friday before their break (So around the 18th i believe) Was the best Christmas ever! Im Hoping that happens for you guys!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just checked my portal and looks like I got accepted! No email yet but from what others have posted it seems like that comes a day or so after portal changes. I interview last Tuesday (the 8th)

Reactions: 13 users
I also checked my portal and it was updated with the Accepted Checklist! WooHoo!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Midwestern typically send out acceptances to specific interview days all at once? Interviewed on the 8th and still haven't heard anything.... (getting nervous)

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far!
Does Midwestern typically send out acceptances to specific interview days all at once? Interviewed on the 8th and still haven't heard anything.... (getting nervous)

Nope, it depends on how many people they go through in the one session, then they may have a delay. Also, not sure how this'll impact interview/acceptances but we are on break (starting today!)

Hello! would anyone happen to know the deadline to complete the required courses for admissions are ? I was accepted on October 20th and have my full undergrad but my stats course wasn't counted as math credits which leaves me 3 math credits short on my required items checklist.

so I need to find out if I need to take those math credits this winter semester or if I can take them in the spring when I am less busy.

Thank you to anyone who knows or who I could possibly email to find out

Just email their admissions office to check. I think you can do them in spring though.

QUOTE="Ramsay#3287, post: 22376780, member: 1081943"]
Hello! would anyone happen to know the deadline to complete the required courses for admissions are ? I was accepted on October 20th and have my full undergrad but my stats course wasn't counted as math credits which leaves me 3 math credits short on my required items checklist.

so I need to find out if I need to take those math credits this winter semester or if I can take them in the spring when I am less busy.

[/QUOTE]

Just email their admissions office to check. I think you can do them in spring though.

QUOTE="Ramsay#3287, post: 22376780, member: 1081943"]

[/QUOTE]

As long as you have everything prior to matriculation then you’re golden! I took classes in the spring before I started.

I'm curious if midwestern out-right rejects anyone (given that they have the necessary pre-req's, etc.) or if they just tell everyone that they're on the interview waitlist?

Last edited:
I'm curious if midwestern out rejects anyone (given that they have the necessary pre-req's, etc. or if they just tell everyone that they're on the interview waitlist?

They do offer rejections prior to the interview stage, I know a few people IRL that received them unfortunately.

Anyone work on FAFSA yet?
So I noticed that if you are independent you aren't required to put the information based on your parents' income/taxes. However, it says if you are a professional student, it says you should. Any one know why this is the case? And how many of y'all older students supply this info?

I’m not sure why it says to, but I never do
Sorry totes not creepin on random threads and replying super late to things. Supplying parental info makes you eligible for the student health professions loan which is a special loan that is 0% interest (outside of covid wierdness) so usually a great deal. Only a small percentage of students get it in a school and it's only a small percentage of your tuition. Every little bit helps and I can confirm that your parents income doesnt affect your ability to get it. Not really sure how they decide who gets how much.
Ps does also not mean you're guaranteed to get it

Last edited:
Sorry totes not creepin on random threads and replying super late to things. Supplying parental info makes you eligible for the student health professions loan which is a special loan that is 0% interest (outside of covid wierdness) so usually a great deal. Only a small percentage of students get it in a school and it's only a small percentage of your tuition. Every little bit helps and I can confirm that your parents income doesnt affect your ability to get it. Not really sure how they decide who gets how much.

That's great to know! Def didn't know why it was even on there.

I'm also totally not creeping bc of boredom since I'm on break and don't know what to do with myself.

They do offer rejections prior to the interview stage, I know a few people IRL that received them unfortunately.
Thanks for the insight. I received an email about being interview waitlisted and I was wondering if that was basically saying that I was rejected. I still have some hope then lol

Thanks for the insight. I received an email about being interview waitlisted and I was wondering if that was basically saying that I was rejected. I still have some hope then lol

Definitely not a rejection! I have classmates that were interview waitlisted, just depends on how the cycle goes. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for clarifying that!

Any idea what they do with the parent info? I was trying to convince my dad about it (which I thought he'd be for- to help me out in any way to be able to afford vet school), but I think he is concerned that this loan is like the "parent loan" where the parents are required to acquire additional debt.

Any idea what they do with the parent info? I was trying to convince my dad about it (which I thought he'd be for- to help me out in any way to be able to afford vet school), but I think he is concerned that this loan is like the "parent loan" where the parents are required to acquire additional debt.
Not sure. I'm sure it factors into whether or not you get offered but I think it's more of a yes or no did you complete this requirement because my parents are fairly well off and their situation hasnt changed while I've been in school but I've gotten it 1/3 years.

Its definitely not a parent plus loan I guarantee that. My parents havent taken out a dime while I've been in school it's all been on me through the govt loans on fafsa. I'm not sure that they even offer parent plus loans to grad students at least I've never been offered it it my package.

Super curious i submitted my app a few days before the VMCAS app was due but i still havent heard anything from midwestern and its almost January! I’ve checked my email and portal repeatedly and kind of freaking out 😭😭

For those who have already applied for aid or know if about it, especially current students. What loans did you apply for? I know they had mentioned that the regular federal aid loan will not cover it so that we will need to apply for grant plus loan? Will this cover everything then? I want to make sure I have enough loans to cover tuition and cost of living!

For those who have already applied for aid or know if about it, especially current students. What loans did you apply for? I know they had mentioned that the regular federal aid loan will not cover it so that we will need to apply for grant plus loan? Will this cover everything then? I want to make sure I have enough loans to cover tuition and cost of living!

I'll PM you some screenshots of my aid on my portal

And if you apply for a whole bunch of aid, can you turn down parts of the loans if you end up getting scholarships to cover some things?

I'll PM you some screenshots of my aid on my portal

Does Midwestern have a computer requirement? I’m really looking into getting an ipad for notes (among other things), but if there is some other device that is required obviously that purchase is more important.

Like, even after you are awarded loans can you turn down the amounts as needed? My issue is most scholarships won’t come through till September (for example) but I have to submit loan amounts by I think March?

Yup! The portal gives you an option to turn down loans and choose how much you get dispersed.

Does Midwestern have a computer requirement? I’m really looking into getting an ipad for notes (among other things), but if there is some other device that is required obviously that purchase is more important.
No computer requirement, most of my peers of an ipad or tablet of the sort.

Like, even after you are awarded loans can you turn down the amounts as needed? My issue is most scholarships won’t come through till September (for example) but I have to submit loan amounts by I think March?
Yup, even after they're awarded, you'll be able to adjust. I've never done it so don't know the technicalities, you'll want to contact the financial office for that. But I've had classmates do it.

Do you know why your stats course didn’t count? I took stats this semester for 3/6 of the math credits since it was higher than college algebra for my school, but now I’m getting nervous.
[/QUOTE]
it could be that they accepted my stats and didnt accept my math 101 which was still a university level math, I emailed them to find out, let you know when i know

Do you know why your stats course didn’t count? I took stats this semester for 3/6 of the math credits since it was higher than college algebra for my school, but now I’m getting nervous.
it could be that they accepted my stats and didnt accept my math 101 which was still a university level math, I emailed them to find out, let you know when i know
[/QUOTE]

Just got an email back today and they reviewed my stats course and will accept it as my 3 missing math credits so @n11vetmed you should be good

Is there anyone out there who has gotten into multiple schools, but is choosing Midwestern? Would you mind sharing what other schools you were accepted, and why you're choosing Midwestern? Thank you!

Reactions: 5 users
I have not been accepted anywhere else (yet-hopefully) but the on-campus housing is a huge factor for me! I got accepted back in September, so I applied for housing literally at 6am the morning it opened so I hopefully will end up with it. The tuition is killer, but the housing situation would be a real bonus because I commuted to undergrad and never got that on-campus experience at all. Plus, the convenience of walking right to class.

Is there anyone out there who has gotten into multiple schools, but is choosing Midwestern? Would you mind sharing what other schools you were accepted, and why you're choosing Midwestern? Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have information on MWU's waitlist? I was placed on it 10/31 and have had no correspondence since. I would love to hear from anyone with experience in the waitlist situation!

Thanks!

Does anyone have information on MWU's waitlist? I was placed on it 10/31 and have had no correspondence since. I would love to hear from anyone with experience in the waitlist situation!

Thanks!
I was also placed on the waitlist and have been wondering the same thing.

I was also placed on the waitlist and have been wondering the same thing.
I was wondering if we needed to send Fall transcript grades in?? I haven't heard anything from them and when I send an email I got an automated email back saying they were busy...

If you have been accepted do they need updated fall transcripts or should you wait until the end of the year?

Just wait, otherwise you’ll have to pay to send it twice.

If you have been accepted do they need updated fall transcripts or should you wait until the end of the year?

I have not been accepted anywhere else (yet-hopefully) but the on-campus housing is a huge factor for me! I got accepted back in September, so I applied for housing literally at 6am the morning it opened so I hopefully will end up with it. The tuition is killer, but the housing situation would be a real bonus because I commuted to undergrad and never got that on-campus experience at all. Plus, the convenience of walking right to class.
Hello, I was accepted here as well and was wondering what the process is to apply for housing. Is there a link or something that directs you to the website to apply? Any hep would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, I was accepted here as well and was wondering what the process is to apply for housing. Is there a link or something that directs you to the website to apply? Any hep would be greatly appreciated!
If you log into your portal, under the tab "student services" theres a link that says "housing application". There it will describe to you the different apartments the school offers and the details of the application.

If you log into your portal, under the tab "student services" theres a link that says "housing application". There it will describe to you the different apartments the school offers and the details of the application.
Just a heads up on campus housing is very competitive and hard to get in to! But there are multiple apartment complexes right across the street from campus. (I walk to classes in less than 10 minutes from my apartment)

Just a heads up on campus housing is very competitive and hard to get in to! But there are multiple apartment complexes right across the street from campus. (I walk to classes in less than 10 minutes from my apartment)
Thank you! Are these apartments competitive to get into as well? What are the names of the apartment complexes? I am going down to visit Midwestern on Wednesday and would like to check out a few different housing options.

Thank you! Are these apartments competitive to get into as well? What are the names of the apartment complexes? I am going down to visit Midwestern on Wednesday and would like to check out a few different housing options.
In the portal there is a document with all of the surrounding apartments and the discount they offer to Midwestern students