Mississippi State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any OOS today? Maybe they will let us know on Monday?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My daughter got a call today for WV contract seat!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in so far! Does anyone know if they will send denials and waitlists today too?

Okay I have to know.... do you keep Australian shepherds?!
Haha we have three Australian shepherds, and we own a breeding program! We are about to get our fourth 🙃 the breeding program will be coming to Starkville with us!!!

Haha we have three Australian shepherds, and we own a breeding program! We are about to get our fourth 🙃 the breeding program will be coming to Starkville with us!!!
Omg. You are my twin. I have two black tris and a red Merle!!! They are my favorite breed!

Omg. You are my twin. I have two black tris and a red Merle!!! They are my favorite breed!
Omg! We have a blue Merle, black tri, and dilute red tri. We are looking for a red Merle

I’m currently looking for a new female! How exciting! We will have to have an Aussie play date if I accept my seat 😂

I’m currently looking for a new female! How exciting! We will have to have an Aussie play date if I accept my seat 😂
If you message me, we will have a litter ready in June 👀

Anybody out of state who is not a contract seat today, have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS acceptance (called at 1:50 CST). Last year they called over a couple days and sent rejection/waitlist emails as soon as they made all the calls. Not sure if they’re doing the same this year

Do we think they'll make any calls for OOS over the weekend or leave it until Monday?

Do we think they'll make any calls for OOS over the weekend or leave it until Monday?
I'm sure they will leave it to monday! In Mississippi lots of places are closed on sundays! And we are also having a big ice freeze here!

Maybe admissions can work from home today and call OOS acceptances😬

I dont know how much more waiting I can handle 😂

Reactions: 2 users
I think it will honestly depend on who has power and who doesn’t as well, I don’t know about Mississippi, but down in TAMU they couldn’t even have remote learning because of the rolling blackouts. The south doesn’t know how to function when it’s this cold :rofl:

Alternate OOS & contract SC seat! They're sending emails !

So as someone who is waitlisted, do I have to call them to find out which quartile of the waitlist I'm on?

I just got an email stating I have been names an “alternate student” what does this mean for my chances???? Is this basically waitlisted??? I’m anxiously freaking out!!!

Alternate OOS & contract SC seat! They're sending emails !
Also got an alternate spot OOS. Anyone familiar with how the list moves and if they let you know at all where in line you are?

I just got an email stating I have been names an “alternate student” what does this mean for my chances???? Is this basically waitlisted??? I’m anxiously freaking out!!!
Alternate is waitlist. OOS should move a little!

As far as I understood, waitlist and alternate are pretty much the same thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that though!

I emailed them back and asked for my quartile ranking since thats all they will tell you about your placement.

OOS alternate. I guess this is better than being rejected so that's something!

How many people do they waitlist? As in IS waitlist, do I even really have a chance of getting in?

How many people do they waitlist? As in IS waitlist, do I even really have a chance of getting in?
I was IS waitlisted last year, and it didn’t move a single spot, but you never know. It’s different each year.

OOS alternate! I’m convinced this is all an elaborate plot to see how long I can go without getting a definitive answer before I go crazy lol

Last year, no specifics as to where we were on the waitlist were released. When I got my file review on May 11th, I responded with a question and also asked if they could release my rank. She told me I was spot 40 on the OOS list. I then received an email on May 26th telling me I was in the top 10 of the waitlist and to notify them if I wanted to stay on the list. This kind of gave me an idea of how much the waitlist moved last year.

Last year, no specifics as to where we were on the waitlist were released. When I got my file review on May 11th, I responded with a question and also asked if they could release my rank. She told me I was spot 40 on the OOS list. I then received an email on May 26th telling me I was in the top 10 of the waitlist and to notify them if I wanted to stay on the list. This kind of gave me an idea of how much the waitlist moved last year.
Do you remember what quartile you were in? I just found out I am in the first quartile and I am just trying to see what my chances are.

Do you remember what quartile you were in? I just found out I am in the first quartile and I am just trying to see what my chances are.
I'm not sure how they did it last year, but I believe in years past the cutoff for first quartile was around spot 40.

They told me I am within the first quartile of OOS alternate. Does anyone from previous years have an idea of how many applicants are traditionally in each quartile? I know there’s no way of knowing for sure but I wish we did lol.

Thank you! I ended up just replying back to the email. Do you think I should also email admit? Or just wait it out a bit?
That email address was from donotreply so I think you'd have better luck emailing admit directly

They emailed me back this morning and I'm in the first quartile of the waitlist! This makes me feel a bit more hopeful since Mississippi is my top choice... does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves? (sorry if this is a repeat question)

Update, got an email back I am in the 1st quartile!! How much does this list move??? I want to know any info!! I am so impatient!!! ☹️ This is my top choice, fingers crossed for acceptance!

Last edited:
I'm in the first quartile as well! How many are there?! This gives me a little hope!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the first quartile as well! How many are there?! This gives me a little hope!
Based on threads from previous years I get the idea that there’s usually around 40 people in the first quartile. Obviously can’t be certain of that though.