My WWittle Pony: Friendship is MMagic Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure a wolf ended up knocking me off their vote in endgame the literal last game I played, too, so maybe the rule of this is get myself killed sooner. :laugh:
DAMMIT I even remembered this at some point maybe a day or two ago and I totally would have brought it up as evidence of prior pocketing but it left my brain. It was Bioshock! Cray was spinning a role claim so sketchy in PMs that you didn't think it could be fake lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DAMMIT I even remembered this at some point maybe a day or two ago and I totally would have brought it up as evidence of prior pocketing but it left my brain. It was Bioshock! Cray was spinning a role claim so sketchy in PMs that you didn't think it could be fake lol
itwasarolethatIreallythoughtshouldbeinthegamethough. 😭

Really this all just points out that I'm truly a better mod than player. It stresses me out so much less, too, lol.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
itwasarolethatIreallythoughtshouldbeinthegamethough. 😭

Really this all just points out that I'm truly a better mod than player. It stresses me out so much less, too, lol.
I like playing with you though 🥺
You're just not allowed to PM people anymore ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I definitely wouldn't have activated N1 then. Oof. Late game is stronger.
The game was tricky to balance and we were worried yours would give village just a hair too much juice, so it was vague on purpose. It was really meant to help confirm suspicions, which maybe it did? You voted for Cray that day, I hope the night result at least made that a bit easier for you.

I love PMs 😭

what's the fun in a game if you're not pocketed. It's warm in here.
It was only fair PSV got to pocket someone as a wolf.

Now Trilt, you must pocket me. It is your destiny.

Reactions: 2 users
The game was tricky to balance and we were worried yours would give village just a hair too much juice, so it was vague on purpose. It was really meant to help confirm suspicions, which maybe it did? You voted for Cray that day, I hope the night result at least made that a bit easier for you.

I do think it would’ve been more powerful used on a different day, since everyone was fairly settled on Cray that day anyway

@Trilt If it makes you feel better, my first wolf game I had a PM with April and pocketed her to smithereens.
What can I say? It's a gift.

• Care
  • Love
Also FWIW I was baffled by the wolves being super powerful discussion because I didn't think we were. Cray was an aff seer and I had a 1x strongarm (which would up not being super relevant since MJ was yote D1). Most of the village abilities seem to be more information gathering or delivering which was neat.

Also FWIW I was baffled by the wolves being super powerful discussion because I didn't think we were. Cray was an aff seer and I had a 1x strongarm (which would up not being super relevant since MJ was yote D1). Most of the village abilities seem to be more information gathering or delivering which was neat.
Wolves having an aff seer claim is quite powerful (as long as it’s actually used to narrow the POE so as not raise suspicions). Especially in a game this small where you wouldn’t even have a big issue of “why are you still alive” as long as you could keep from role claiming as early as possible.

Why are you still alive on D3 of a 10 person game is much easier to explain away than in D6 of an 18 person game, for example.

• Hmm
Wolves having an aff seer claim is quite powerful (as long as it’s actually used to narrow the POE so as not raise suspicions).
Yeah, this didn't cross my mind at all until it was pointed out later on, and then I was like oh yeah... that makes sense

Yeah, this didn't cross my mind at all until it was pointed out later on, and then I was like oh yeah... that makes sense
And narrowing the POE as a wolf is very scary 😂 I definitely aged myself about a decade by continuously killing in the POE in HZD 🤣

I love PMs 😭

what's the fun in a game if you're not pocketed. It's warm in here.
Okay fine but

No one ever listen to Trilt about her PM partners' affiliations :laugh:

For that matter don't listen to me about mine either, I'm either pocketed or wildly overcorrecting in an attempt not to be pocketed...

• Haha
Okay fine but

For that matter don't listen to me about mine either, I'm either pocketed or wildly overcorrecting in an attempt not to be pocketed...
Fair. Information sharing only, got it. :p

• Haha
  • Care
  • Care
Okay fine but

While we’re making declarations, no one PM me ever.

• Care
Last time he got smashed he kept talking about me and our dog to people wed just met, and it was as mortifying as it was adorable. He is very pure in his emotions.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Wolves having an aff seer claim is quite powerful (as long as it’s actually used to narrow the POE so as not raise suspicions). Especially in a game this small where you wouldn’t even have a big issue of “why are you still alive” as long as you could keep from role claiming as early as possible.

Why are you still alive on D3 of a 10 person game is much easier to explain away than in D6 of an 18 person game, for example.
Ye. I think I talked about this with a wolf protector in one of my prior games...it's not about active power, it's about claimability. Claimability is a big deal, and other than perhaps AM's ability (which she would have had a hard time explaining) no ability on the village side was clearing, nor would usage necessarily have helped clear anyone except maybe MJ. Which is not a critique! I actually prefer that kind of balance since I hate clearance based on role claims so much.

And sure any wolf can claim to be a seer if they want, but most just don't unless super desperate because of the risk of counterclaims, and worrying about proving it if actions are loud.

I think there's a universe out there where if Cray stayed hidden at least past day 1 we would have had a much harder time justifying a vote for her. It's kind of fun to see fake red checks on the last day of a game, it hasn't happened in a while.

The 1x strongarm is weaker but still useful in a game where a jailor is the most powerful village PR, if that jailor doesn't die d1.

• Care
Last time he got smashed he kept talking about me and our dog to people wed just met, and it was as mortifying as it was adorable. He is very pure in his emotions.
I love your husband 😭 He is such a good and pure person and I very badly want to meet you two and pocket Rostam in-person

• Care
My partner really really likes to brag about how I'm a DOCTOR when drunk and I'm like hushIdon'twanttoanswerallergyquestionsrightnow!!

• Haha
I love your husband 😭 He is such a good and pure person and I very badly want to meet you two and pocket Rostam in-person
I swear I don't drink very often

There's a bottle of rum in my freezer that's been there since May

Also Rostam will love you, I have full confidence. He might just give you anxious growls for a bit, to show you how big and scary he is (while he hides behind Stoat)

• Love