NC State University c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which portal do we check?

@NCSU CVM does this mean if we did not hear anything via email we did not recive a schoalrship?

I didn't get an email. I went to the Pack Assist portal (with the Unity ID and password) where we submitted the scholarship essays, and it showed that I had been offered a scholarship.

Members don't see this ad.

@ChoopLoops I assume that was just on the main home page when you login to pack assist?

I guess I will look when I get home from work! Thanks for the info - fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Which portal do we check?

Go to the Pack Assist portal (use your Unity ID and password)

@NCSU CVM does this mean if we did not hear anything via email we did not receive a scholarship?

Not necessarily. The Scholarship Committee still needs to make awards to rising second, third, and fourth year students. An assessment will continuously be made if there are any awards that are applicable to rising first year students.

Sure thing. Look around on Zillow! Also there will be a document sent out once you’ve accepted and a bunch of ads through the listserv and the Facebook groups. You shouldn’t have a hard time if you’re willing to pay a bit more and commute like 15 minutes. Lots of dog friendly places around; even more will become dog friendly when you drop the vet student card. Multiple areas to live, each with a different feel. Off western/Gorman is a bit more undergrad-y in some areas, but also a bunch of our residents and students live there in the neighborhoods. Cary has a lot of nice places. North Raleigh (off duraleigh/glenwood) are also areas where a lot of people live. Facebook groups will be super helpful.
If you aren't set on a house, there are some really nice apartment complexes that have dog parks! Camden Asbury Village is beautiful and down the road from the vet school. They have a dog park and everyone walks their dogs. I've also heard of many students living in the Colonial Grand at Trinity Commons. There is a link of housing options from past vet students!

How big of a deal is the white coat ceremony? I want to invite a bunch of family but I don't want to be the only person with like, an entourage lol. Is there usually a pretty big audience?

How big of a deal is the white coat ceremony? I want to invite a bunch of family but I don't want to be the only person with like, an entourage lol. Is there usually a pretty big audience?
It's a ceremony, it was almost as big as our oath and hooding. There's a cut-off on how many people you can bring, but you can always ask your more tragic classmates (I had one attendee) for their spots.

Anybody hear about movement on the waitlist since the deadline has passed? The waiting feels like a lifetime!

Many people have lots of family, don't stress about it. There are tickets but it generally works out in the wash with some people only bringing a partner or two and others the whole extended family.

Many people have lots of family, don't stress about it. There are tickets but it generally works out in the wash with some people only bringing a partner or two and others the whole extended family.
The White Coat Ceremony is not a ticketed event. Students can invite up to ten (10) guests.

Anybody hear about movement on the waitlist since the deadline has passed? The waiting feels like a lifetime!
The Student Services Office is assessing the number of seats available after receiving offer acceptances and declines. After conferring with the Faculty Committee on Admissions, decisions will be made on making offers at the end of this week.

Meant *limits, sorry. I think it was six when I attended though, you guys have stepped up!
No worries. We appreciate you sharing your NC State experience with others.

We moved the ceremony to a bigger room last year in order to alleviate limits on the guest list.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Student Services Office is assessing the number of seats available after receiving offer acceptances and declines. After conferring with the Faculty Committee on Admissions, decisions will be made on making offers at the end of this week.

Were decisions sent on Friday?
If not, is there a known time frame for waitlisted students to be notified? Will waitlisted students be updated if they are not offered a position within the same time frame?

Last edited:
If not, is there a known time frame for waitlisted students to be notified? Will waitlisted students be updated if they are not offered a position within the same time frame?
The Student Services Office is notifying applicants on a rolling basis until we fill the entire class.

Once done, all remaining applicants on the wait list will receive an e-mail stating that the process has been completed.

I haven't gotten anything either Hopefully we will both get an email or call soon, not really sure which to expect

I haven't gotten anything either Hopefully we will both get an email or call soon, not really sure which to expect

The Student Services Office is notifying applicants on a rolling basis until we fill the entire class.

Once done, all remaining applicants on the wait list will receive an e-mail stating that the process has been completed.

Any word on how many people have been called already or how many OOS seats are left?

Any word on how many people have been called already or how many OOS seats are left?
There were two (2) OOS seats to be filled after the April 16 deadline. One (1) seat has been claimed with one (1) left to fill. Seven (7) applicants have been contacted as of today (04/25/2018).

There were two (2) OOS seats to be filled after the April 16 deadline. One (1) seat has been claimed with one (1) left to fill. Seven (7) applicants have been contacted as of today (04/25/2018).

Any word on the In state seat availability?

The In-State portion of the class has been filled. One more OOS seat to fill.

An e-mail to all applicants remaining on the alternate list will be sent as soon as the last OOS seat is confirmed.

The In-State portion of the class has been filled. One more OOS seat to fill.

An e-mail to all applicants remaining on the alternate list will be sent as soon as the last OOS seat is confirmed.
Of the 57 on the waitlist do you know how many were OOS?

Is there anyone I can chat with about the whole gaining in-state residency process. I’ll be an incoming OOS. Like should I move to ensure in there for a year? Could I apply for instate if the year-period is coming, but not complete?

Is there anyone I can chat with about the whole gaining in-state residency process. I’ll be an incoming OOS. Like should I move to ensure in there for a year? Could I apply for instate if the year-period is coming, but not complete?

Did you get the email from student services with the contact of Pam, the student legal services person? I had a phone appointment with her where she explained the whole process to me. Basically with the new requirements you can't apply until you've lived in the state for a full year, so in order to get it processed by fall of our 2nd year, she says we should be living in the state by July 15 at the latest. Everything else is pretty basic - lease, voter registration, drivers license...she recommends that if you don't work during the school year to definitely work the summer after so we also have paid taxes to the state, which helps the application. Another important aspect of it for me was you can't accept money from out of state sources. My family is planning on helping me pay tuition but I can't do that my first year so I'll have to take out the full amount of loans and then my family will contribute to paying them back.

I would just get in touch with her - she was super helpful!

Did you get the email from student services with the contact of Pam, the student legal services person? I had a phone appointment with her where she explained the whole process to me. Basically with the new requirements you can't apply until you've lived in the state for a full year, so in order to get it processed by fall of our 2nd year, she says we should be living in the state by July 15 at the latest. Everything else is pretty basic - lease, voter registration, drivers license...she recommends that if you don't work during the school year to definitely work the summer after so we also have paid taxes to the state, which helps the application. Another important aspect of it for me was you can't accept money from out of state sources. My family is planning on helping me pay tuition but I can't do that my first year so I'll have to take out the full amount of loans and then my family will contribute to paying them back.

I would just get in touch with her - she was super helpful!
Oh thanks! That’s super helpful. I will reach out to her to find out more. Thank you

Both the In-State portion and Out-of-State portion of the class has been filled.

An update e-mail has been sent to all applicants remaining on the alternate list.

Both the In-State portion and Out-of-State portion of the class has been filled.

An update e-mail has been sent to all applicants remaining on the alternate list.
Hon

Hi!
I’m just curious as to how many in state applicants were pulled off the waitlist? Thank you.

Hon

Hi!
I’m just curious as to how many in state applicants were pulled off the waitlist? Thank you.
It was around fourteen. Please note that we initially admitted fewer than 80 in-state applicants to prevent over booking the class on the non-resident side.
The college admitted 37 non-resident applicants for 20 seats and yielded 18 from that group. We admitted two from the non-resident alternate group.
The Faculty Committee on Admissions was able to admit 80 resident applicants by utilizing the alternate list.