NC State University c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I was just accepted, and had a quick question. I'm of eccentric nature and wondering if there are any fetish clubs in the area either at or around campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I was just accepted, and had a quick question. I'm of eccentric nature and wondering if there are any fetish clubs in the area either at or around campus?

3/10 troll post, would not read again.

Reactions: 1 user

NCSU is an inclusive and safe environment. I'm sure you will find like-minded people with shared interests here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted for OOS but they didbt give a ranking. Anybody know how they choose replacements or how to determine my chances of getting a spot?

When can we start contacting for file review?

Rip to being rejected on the day IS applicationa start reveiw. Oh well, here's to next year!

@NCSU CVM I have a question about your organic chemistry prerequisites. I am a student at Penn State and there are 2 options to take for organic chemistry. One pathway is to take Chem 210 (3 credit lecture ), Chem 212 (3 credit lecture) and Chem 213 (a 2 credit lab). The other option is Chem 202 (3 credit lecture) and Chem 203 (3 credit lecture with a built in weekly lab). I know that Chem 210, 212 and 213 meet your requirements, but I was wondering if Chem 202 and 203 meet them. My advisor had told me to take Chem 202/203 my sophomore year, but I recently had a classmate tell me that your school does not accept these courses. Is that true?

@NCSU CVM I have a question about your organic chemistry prerequisites. I am a student at Penn State and there are 2 options to take for organic chemistry. One pathway is to take Chem 210 (3 credit lecture ), Chem 212 (3 credit lecture) and Chem 213 (a 2 credit lab). The other option is Chem 202 (3 credit lecture) and Chem 203 (3 credit lecture with a built in weekly lab). I know that Chem 210, 212 and 213 meet your requirements, but I was wondering if Chem 202 and 203 meet them. My advisor had told me to take Chem 202/203 my sophomore year, but I recently had a classmate tell me that your school does not accept these courses. Is that true?
At Penn State, you should complete the 210/212/213 sequence. We don't accept the 202/203 sequence as meeting the Organic Chemistry prerequisite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance for the OOS waitlist to move before the April deadline?

OH_Postcard_2018_web.jpg

Any movement on the resident waitlist? I know I will get an Email as soon as, or if a spot opens and they choose me but do you guys wait until a certain number of offered sets have been declined? Also- last year, when was the last person notified by? Just curious and waiting. Thank you for your time.

Any movement on the resident waitlist? I know I will get an Email as soon as, or if a spot opens and they choose me but do you guys wait until a certain number of offered sets have been declined? Also- last year, when was the last person notified by? Just curious and waiting. Thank you for your time.
No movement yet for the alternate pool. We take action as soon as the number of outstanding offers drops below the number of available seats. Notification can range from April to July depending on circumstances. Each cycle is different.

In my acceptance email it said more information would be mailed to us. Has anyone gotten a letter yet? It's been over a month so I feel like it should have come by now.

In my acceptance email it said more information would be mailed to us. Has anyone gotten a letter yet? It's been over a month so I feel like it should have come by now.
Did you get a packet snail mail with two forms to return with your agreement to go to NCSU or saying you decline? That’s due April 15.

Did you get a packet snail mail with two forms to return with your agreement to go to NCSU or saying you decline? That’s due April 15.
No When did you get yours? I emailed them to make sure they had the right address but I just got a reply saying due to high volume it might be a couple days before they can respond.

If not I would call the school and see if they have the correct snail mail address and if they can email the forms so you can complete them.
There was another email or you can search there website for new student info and there is a list of things to do if you plan on attending. And
No When did you get yours? I emailed them to make sure they had the right address but I just got a reply saying due to high volume it might be a couple days before they can respond.

I got the “big envelope” with acceptance and those forms over a month ago. In the a couple days after the acceptance email. Are you an IS or OS student? Feel free to PM me.

You should have received a packet in U.S. mail with acceptance paperwork after receiving your decision via e-mail.

More information is e-mailed after an applicant accepts his or her offer.

Any word on when scholarship information will be out? It’s the main factor in my decision making and we only have a month now

Any word on when scholarship information will be out? It’s the main factor in my decision making and we only have a month now
The scholarship review process is underway. No specific notification date but it will be done prior to the April 15 decision deadline.

So if we ultimately make it off the waitlist, then we will get a scholarship packet?
@Dimples DVM, this is how I understand it: to be considered for scholarships at NCSU you have to do a separate scholarship application - its not just part of your admission package like in undergrad. Because the deadline for that scholarship application was back in March, if you make it in off the wait list you'll be able to apply for scholarships for next year, but you weren't eligible this year.

Hey guys! Another fourth year here if you have any questions about NC State, Raleigh, or the program. I like ponies, I grew up in Raleigh, and I'm on a block with no in patients for a few weeks so if you have any questions, let me know!

@wolfpackprevet - this is pretty random and specific, but someone told me that if I needed to be at school all day, there are kennels where you can keep your dog on campus...can you tell me more about that? So I can really just bring my dog to school? Do people do that often? The other schools that I've visited have had a hard no-pets-on-campus rule so hearing about the kennels was a pleasant surprise. I suppose those rules generally make sense because there'd end up being dogs everywhere all the time, which is why I'm wondering about the parameters of that option at NCSU. (Not that I'd necessarily want to do this but could I bring him every day if I wanted to?)

@wolfpackprevet - this is pretty random and specific, but someone told me that if I needed to be at school all day, there are kennels where you can keep your dog on campus...can you tell me more about that? So I can really just bring my dog to school? Do people do that often? The other schools that I've visited have had a hard no-pets-on-campus rule so hearing about the kennels was a pleasant surprise. I suppose those rules generally make sense because there'd end up being dogs everywhere all the time, which is why I'm wondering about the parameters of that option at NCSU. (Not that I'd necessarily want to do this but could I bring him every day if I wanted to?)
Hey! Yeah if your dog is a patient in the wellness clinic (it will be, our vaccines are like $6 and the clinicians are awesome... pretty much everyone uses them for GP work), you can board them on a first come first serve basis in our boarding area. Runs and cages with dog walking area. 24 hours a day, you just have to flip your sign from clean to dirty and someone cleans the cages behind you (barring any accidents and you have to take their things with them). They also have to be up to date on bordetella.

Very few people do it daily, but lots do it when animals have had some dietary indiscretion or they plan on studying late or they won’t be able to get home or they have an appointment. Some do do it daily but you do need to get there a bit early to get a run often.

Last edited:
Hey! Yeah if your dog is a patient in the wellness clinic (it will be, our vaccines are like $6 and the clinicians are awesome... pretty much everyone uses them for GP work), you can board them on a first come first serve basis in our boarding area. Runs and cages with dog walking area. 24 hours a day, you just have to flip your sign from clean to dirty and someone cleans the cages behind you (barring any accidents and you have to take their things with them). They also have to be up to date on bordetella.

Very few people do it daily, but lots do it when animals have had some dietary indiscretion or they plan on studying late or they won’t be able to get home or they have an appointment. Some do do it daily but you do need to get there a bit early to get a run often.

Thanks @wolfpackprevet, that's super helpful! I take it the runs get more crowded around exams and finals then?

Can you give some advice on finding housing? My SO and I will be moving from the west coast so I'm kind of stressing out about it, and I'm really hoping to find a house with a fenced yard for my pup. I don't know if I need to just wait til closer to our move in date, but I'm seeing people posting for roommates already.

Thanks @wolfpackprevet, that's super helpful! I take it the runs get more crowded around exams and finals then?

Can you give some advice on finding housing? My SO and I will be moving from the west coast so I'm kind of stressing out about it, and I'm really hoping to find a house with a fenced yard for my pup. I don't know if I need to just wait til closer to our move in date, but I'm seeing people posting for roommates already.

Sure thing. Look around on Zillow! Also there will be a document sent out once you’ve accepted and a bunch of ads through the listserv and the Facebook groups. You shouldn’t have a hard time if you’re willing to pay a bit more and commute like 15 minutes. Lots of dog friendly places around; even more will become dog friendly when you drop the vet student card. Multiple areas to live, each with a different feel. Off western/Gorman is a bit more undergrad-y in some areas, but also a bunch of our residents and students live there in the neighborhoods. Cary has a lot of nice places. North Raleigh (off duraleigh/glenwood) are also areas where a lot of people live. Facebook groups will be super helpful.

Reactions: 1 users

Hey @ChoopLoops! The CVM has updated their list of housing for the 2022 class: https://cvm.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Housing-Info-2022-1.pdf
I'm sure that will provide you a good starting point for your search. Good luck!

Anyone heard about scholarships yet?
At the welcome weekend last Friday, they said scholarship decisions should be out this week! But tomorrow is already Thursday and NCSU is closed for Good Friday :whistle:

Do you have to be a student at NCSU in order to bring your dog to the wellness clinic for an appointment?

Ohhhh guys check your portals!

I’m looking forward to starting this journey!