Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of my friends just got off the WL at another school and will be withdrawing from Nova. Hopefully the spot goes to an SDN'er! Good luck guys.

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friends just got off the WL at another school and will be withdrawing from Nova. Hopefully the spot goes to an SDN'er! Good luck guys.
We know people have withdrawn. Just haven't seen any WL movement at all

We know people have withdrawn. Just haven't seen any WL movement at all

:confused: I just thought you guys would like to know that there's another open seat?

SDN'ers make up only a small percentage of the people who actually applied to NSU, interviewed, and were put on the WL. Just because no one has posted that they were accepted off the WL doesn't necessarily mean that there hasn't been WL movement at all. I'm not sure if that's what you were implying with your comment, but if you were then just keep that in mind. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Music to my ears! Thanks for the update Neko.

Waited as long as I could but can't let a definite job offer get away from me. Signed my contract today and withdrawn from the waitlist. Hopefully you guys hear about some movement soon - good luck in the future.

Waited as long as I could but can't let a definite job offer get away from me. Signed my contract today and withdrawn from the waitlist. Hopefully you guys hear about some movement soon - good luck in the future.

Sorry to hear it man; I'm sure it was a tough decision to make. Hope you still apply for next cycle and I hear if we stay persistent and apply to Nova again, we might have a chance.

At this point, I'm committed to my post-bac too, and I just signed a lease for an apt in Philly. Idk how easy that is to break if I even were to get off the waitlist.

What makes me wonder is that Gross anatomy has 222 students registered while all the other M1 classes have ~228. What is with the discrepancy?

We have until the first week of August to hear, so just gotta keep on waiting.

We got an email to register for classes, but there was a schedule discrepancy with a couple of them and could not register online. That's probably where the discrepancy comes from. Students had to be entered into the classes manually by admins. Schools tend to accept more students than the class size and then wait for some to withdraw before pulling off the WL. However, at this point I think Nova may still be over the class size they want to have. I really hope there's a lot of withdrawals before school starts so you all get a chance.

JW but when is Nova's orientation and when do classes start?

Can any current students comment on whether the otoscope/ophthalmoloscope set area really needed for the phys diagnosis class? And if so, does it have to be the 3.5v bulb or is 2.5v enough?

Yes, they are needed. Some people mooch. Nobody has checked my equipment.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is there a big enough difference in quality between the 3.5V and 2.5V that it is worth spending the extra money for the 3.5? What brand do you like? Thanks!

I don't even know the voltage of my own equipment... I don't have a preferred brand. We had a Welch-Allyn rep come and take orders last year. There are cheaper options online, though.

What up guys and gals? As they say...it ain't over til the voluptuous lady sings. Continuing with back up plans, but still holding on. Fishing a bit. Anyway...for the sake of conversation, has there been any sign of recent waitlist movement at any other schools?

"What are the chances of getting off of NSUCOM's waitlist?"
"Not good"
"Not good as in 1 in 100?"
"I'd say more like 1 in a million"
"So you're saying there is a chance?" Yeahhhh!"

What movie??

The Webstar numbers keep climbing, but with a range of 224-239. Not sure what it means.

Still hoping to hear something by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

I believe this is the last week that we can hear and it looks like the class is quite full. I hope that at least someone gets some good news over the next few days.

Thanks for listening to me rant, rave, and complain about the Webstar numbers. Good luck with your alternate plans and with next year.

This might be a silly question but, do people waitlisted have an advantage for spots in the following year's cycle or it's like starting from scratch?

This might be a silly question but, do people waitlisted have an advantage for spots in the following year's cycle or it's like starting from scratch?

You'll be starting from scratch. The only "advantage" you have is that you're familiar with the process and interview since you've been through it once.

I believe this is the last week that we can hear and it looks like the class is quite full. I hope that at least someone gets some good news over the next few days.

Thanks for listening to me rant, rave, and complain about the Webstar numbers. Good luck with your alternate plans and with next year.

Yup. It's been quite the ride. Good luck to you also! May the odds of waitlisting be ever in your favor. See you all in next year's thread!!

Yeah no edge. Not a silly question, but one we are all wondering. The word is that it is rolling admissions, so we can hear anytime from now until next April. Hahahaha!!!! Thanks.

When they say the last week to hear from them is the first week of August, are they referring to this week or next week? Confused because classes start next Monday.

Anyone else who is still on the Alternate list get an email from Anastasia today?

I did but even if I get in I won't be attending - enrolled in vcom post bac

I got an email, but nothing yet after that, here's hoping to hear something this week

The email said that they are starting to review the alternate list

I cannot image there being many spots left, but we will just have to wait and see.

Pick me pick me!!

I haven't gotten the last few emails.... When I called I was still on the waitlist though. Fingers still crossed!

I also got the email but I have to be honest here: I'd rather not get these emails and just be pleasantly surprised with a phone call. Otherwise, the entire process just feels like professionally performed trolling.

Me either hoke. Me either. Somebody's gonna get lucky! We up all night.

Daft punK? You and these movie/music references XD

But you are right someone has to get lucky... I am going to guess maybe 1-5 spots at the most (based upon the webstar numbers)

Daft punK? You and these movie/music references XD

But you are right someone has to get lucky... I am going to guess maybe 1-5 spots at the most (based upon the webstar numbers)

Haha!! Yeah I know.

Anyway...does anybody else feel like a dog begging for table scraps?? Kind of exciting!

Received a phone call from a FL area code... was super excited. Damn bill collectors :(

All quiet on the mid-western front.

Maybe tomorrow...

Nope nothing yet.

Tomorrow for sure XD

or maybe they have been given out to the non SDN people on the alternate list.

236 spots filled in Gross anatomy at the moment, not sure if that means there are 4 spots or not

Last edited:
I know I've been asking this a lot, but did someone hear anything today?

Less than 24 hours until we will know for sure if we got in or not...