You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013
Started by JamesLMT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Officially rejected - doesnt matter anyway as im already in a post bac
Sorry to hear it! How did you receive notice? Best of luck in your post bac!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to everyone during this cycle. Wish you all the best 🙂
Good luck to everyone during this cycle. Wish you all the best 🙂
Is Nova's 12-13 cycle officially over now?
We started school on the 5th. Our whitecoat is tomorrow. So I'm guessing it's over. Good luck to everyone in this new cycle though.
Sent from my Galaxy S4
Foshizzle ravizzle.
I don't get it, the email about them startig to review the alternate list was sent on the 5th though...
Someone added me on Facebook and he got in on Monday morning but I'm pretty sure it's over now cuz I think a few people that were on the wait list got official rejection letters today
Going along with what Ravizzle said, classes started and the email Anastasia sent stated that the class is full, so the cycle is definitely closed for the year.
I got the email about the committee reviewing the list on the 5th but I never got an official rejection email. Shouldn't I have gotten one?
I got the email about the committee reviewing the list on the 5th but I never got an official rejection email. Shouldn't I have gotten one?
Same here
If you guys want closure, just email/call either general admissions or Anastasia for a direct response.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emailed Anastasia and she told me I should have gotten an email on the 9th but since I didn't, she sent it again. Official rejection. 🙁
I would greatly appreciate advice from current M1/MBS students regarding my situation…
I’ve recently been invited to interview for the MBS program at NSU. I’ve also been accepted to another DO program as a first year med student, located out of the state of Florida (I’m a FL resident). The school where I have been accepted only has one hospital clinical site in FL. Their other clinical sites are located within the State of the school. I would like to know if this jeopardizes my chances of receiving a residency spot in FL due to the lack of exposure and auditioning time during my clinical years.
From my understanding a FL residency spot certainly isn’t an issue for NSU-COM graduates given they’ve earned it. Because of this, I am seriously contemplating whether or not I should become an MBS student and suck up the extra year in lieu of becoming an M1 at the out-of-state school.
So, at the end of the day my questions are:
1. Is my thought process with respect to residency correct and am I thinking this over rationally?
2. Would I have just as good of a shot in securing a FL residency spot regardless of school?
3. Has anyone, or know of anyone, that has given up an acceptance as a first year to go through NSUs MBS program because of this reason?
I’ve recently been invited to interview for the MBS program at NSU. I’ve also been accepted to another DO program as a first year med student, located out of the state of Florida (I’m a FL resident). The school where I have been accepted only has one hospital clinical site in FL. Their other clinical sites are located within the State of the school. I would like to know if this jeopardizes my chances of receiving a residency spot in FL due to the lack of exposure and auditioning time during my clinical years.
From my understanding a FL residency spot certainly isn’t an issue for NSU-COM graduates given they’ve earned it. Because of this, I am seriously contemplating whether or not I should become an MBS student and suck up the extra year in lieu of becoming an M1 at the out-of-state school.
So, at the end of the day my questions are:
1. Is my thought process with respect to residency correct and am I thinking this over rationally?
2. Would I have just as good of a shot in securing a FL residency spot regardless of school?
3. Has anyone, or know of anyone, that has given up an acceptance as a first year to go through NSUs MBS program because of this reason?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 119K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K