Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WHOA!!!! I haven't heard anything. But thanks so much for the update. You are awesome!.
Oh and I interviewed same day as you. So don't freak yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. So I had my interview on February 25th and I just called Nova today and they told me that the decision has been made and I'll know by the end of this week. I wanted to know if those of you who have been accepted got phone calls? Since I haven't gotten one I'm freaking out and assuming I've been rejected :(

They're alive! Hopefully its good news all around and we will be rewarded for the long painful insanity-inducing wait.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well good luck everyone. Nova is def my top choice and the wait has been agonizing!!!

Well good luck everyone. Nova is def my top choice and the wait has been agonizing!!!
I hope they give us more interview cookies for making us wait this long. An acceptance letter should be accompanied by a box of delicious sugar cookies. I think that would make my life complete.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys. So me had my interveiw on February 25th and me just called Nova today and they told me that the decision has been made and me'll know by the end of this week. me wanted to know if those of you who have been accepted got phone calls? Since me haven't gotten one me are freaking out and assuming me've been rejected :(
Woah!! You sir or lady are the bringer of awesome news! This thread is just a bunch of us waiting at this point in your same situation. I may rest easy knowing a decision will finally come I interviewed January 21st so your struggle is understood.

Edit: And by the way which person filled you in on the decisions being made?

me hope they give us more interveiw cookeis for making us wait this long. An acceptance letter should be accompaneid by a box of delicious sugar cookeis. me think that would make my life complete.

hahaha those were quite tasty that day. That would be a worthy consolation for the long wait I guess ;)

Woah!! You sir or lady are the bringer of awesome news! This thread is just a bunch of us waiting at this point in your same situation. me may rest easy knowing a decision will finally come me interveiwed January 21st so your struggle is understood.

Edit: And by the way which person filled you in on the decisions being made?
It's lady. lol. I called 877-640-0218 and was hoping to get connected to Linda Ferris but the person I was talking to took down my info and told me that a decision has been made.

I just called. No decision made on my file. Booo:wtf:

They probably have a rule not to tell applicants their status over the phone so they don't get flooded with phone calls like they probably did today.

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably have a rule not to tell applicants their status over the phone so they don't get flooded with phone calls like they probably did today.
I hope they are using this free time to bake cookies then

Hopefully you'll all be stuffing your pie holes with a ton of celebratory cookies by Friday

I'm abroad right now. I didn't get any immunizations done. I get back July 1. Am I screwed? has NSU sent any additional information?

Why is my English coming out all weird??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
me are abroad right now. me didn't get any immunizations done. me get back July 1. are me screwed? has NSU sent any additional information?

Lol you're fine. No emails yet about those. But you could check your nova email for updates.

Lol you're fine. No emails yet about those. But you could check your nova email for updates.

I think I configured it to send to my gmail. even if I didn't I have no way of changing it now so this forum is my only way of knowing. Thanks!!

me think me configured it to send to my gmail. even if me didn't me have no way of changin' it now so this forum be my only way of knowin'. Thanks!!

And besides, even if you get back July 1, you'll still have plenty of time to complete it before orientation

me be abroad right now. me didn't get any immunizations done. me get back July 1. Am me screwed? has NSU sent any additional information?

Why be my English comin' out all weird??
You're having expressive aphasia secondary to stroke. Best get yo self checked before you get yo self wrecked....................................Or it's April 1st

Hey guys. So me had me interview on February 25th and me just called Nova today and they told me that t' decision has been made and me'll know by t' end of this week. me wanted to know if those of ye who have been accepted got phone calls? Since me haven't gotten one me be freakin' out and assumin' me've been rejected :(
I called in right now, and the lady told me it looks like my decision is still pending, so I don't know....

why are you guys typing in weird English sentences? or is SDN screwing up?

me called in right now, and t' lady told me it looks like me decision be still pendin', so me don't know....
I dont know why that woman told me they made a decision but cant tell me what it is. I hope it's not a bad sign. But honestly, this is ridiculous. They need to let everyone know the decisions!

Has anyone downloaded the Nova app on their smartphone? Pretty nifty ;)

Has anyone downloaded the Nova app on their smartphone? Pretty nifty ;)
what is it about? Is this some kind of April fool joke? Even the Nova website needs a serious update, let alone a "nifty" smartphone app.

Last edited:
That would be so so wrong. That was my first thought when I got a call from MSU. I was like "that's gotta be one of my friends impersonating and admissions counselor".

But what I really want to tell people who are wait listed is that it is doable. MSU initially wait listed me and now I have that acceptance as backup. So hang in there L5CG. It'll work out.

I am in a similar boat friend, I have been accepted to MSUCOM as well (canadian student) and I would be living from home, I got the second last DMC spot which I was very happy about.

However, Nova made me fall in love with it :( now I am waiting on them too, interviewed March 13th. I think it may be too late by the time they get back to us though because I believe we have to confirm enrollment for MSU pretty soon

what is it about? Is this some kind of April fool joke? Even the Nova website needs a serious update, let alone a "nifty" smartphone app.
lol no it's called ishark and you can download it on the app store

I am in a similar boat friend, I have been accepted to MSUCOM as well (canadian student) and I would be living from home, I got the second last DMC spot which I was very happy about.

However, Nova made me fall in love with it :( now I am waiting on them too, interviewed March 13th. I think it may be too late by the time they get back to us though because I believe we have to confirm enrollment for MSU pretty soon
Yeah Nova does seem like that guy that takes you out on a romantic date then never calls you back :p. Hang in there!

After everyone's posts yesterday I caved in and called nova today and they told me I should be receiving a response in the mail shortly. Hopefully the wait is finally over.

Yeah Nova does seem like that guy that takes you out on a romantic date then never calls you back :p. Hang in there!

Forget dating. Where's the ring??

Anyways, called today and was told that they've reviewed but made no final decisions. Time to wait some more... :(

After everyone's posts yesterday I caved in and called nova today and they told me I should be receiving a response in the mail shortly. Hopefully the wait is finally over.
Thats what I was told.... and that worries me? Shouldn't good news be given through the phone? or not necessarily?

Thats what I was told.... and that worries me? Shouldn't good news be given through the phone? or not necessarily?
Not necessarily . My impression was that an email was how they corresponded acceptances. But people on here said they received their acceptance packet in the mail first. I'm nervous bc the girl I spoke with just said I will receive the decision in the mail. At least we will have an answer good or bad

I have until the 14th to pay my deposit. I'll hold out as long as I can I guess. Yeah NOVA was pretty dang nice.

Not necessarily . My impression was that an email was how they corresponded acceptances. But people on here said they received their acceptance packet in the mail first. I'm nervous bc the girl I spoke with just said I will receive the decision in the mail. At least we will have an answer good or bad

Did you call the same general number as swiz? its been almost 3 months since I interviewed I'm almost too nervous at this point to call.

Did you call the same general number as swiz? its been almost 3 months since I interviewed I'm almost too nervous at this point to call.
Really? I called at least once a week. It was when I decided to give up calling and not care that I got an acceptance email... Go figure:dead:

Do you know, guys, how many people are in a Facebook class of 2018? I am so frustrated to wait, smb told me today the class is already full.

Do you know, guys, how many people are in a Facebook class of 2018? I am so frustrated to wait, smb told me today the class is already full.
Wouldnt be an accurate number, plenty of M1s and 2s and a few 3s/4s but 296

Thanx. Wow, that's a lot of people! Not good news...
I'm starting to lose hope. NSU was the only school I was hoping would bring me good news and I fell in love with it. I already see myself preparing for the next cycle

Yes I did. I started calling them once a week a month after my interview in January. This is the first time someone has ever told more than "your application is pending" lol

Three months?! I thought my 2 months was long...... Anyone know if it is true last adcom meeting is April 8th? We should all find out by next week then....

Really? I called at least once a week. It was when I decided to give up calling and not care that I got an acceptance email... Go figure:dead:

Ha. Yeah I called weekly up until Week 8 and then I've given it a break. Hopefully the same works for me then, cut them some slack and they'll show me some love.
3 months? wow, that is ridiculous.

Yeah, trust me I know I've been living it. Obsessively checking my e-mail has gotten a bit old. This thread is the only thing keeping me sane. So thank you all!

Thanx. Wow, that's a lot of people! Not good news...

The group is easy to join I have a feeling there's a lot of M1 and M2's as well as people who interviewed and are using the facebook page like we use this thread trying to get details out of those already accepted. Stay hopeful!!! We all need the positivity.

I don't use facebook and am accepted so I don't know how accurate a group is.

Briefly looking through the members, I would say ~120-150 people in the 2018 fb group are current students, so about half. Don't try to read into the fb group too much though. It will drive you crazy...

I also want to point out that although a class may be "filled", there will always be people who give up their acceptance and go to other schools, up until the last minute. There will probably be more WL movement after May 15th since that's the deadline by when MD applicants must hold only one acceptance. As the deadline approaches and people give up their multiple MD acceptances and choose a school, those MD WLs will shift- and that movement will trickle down to the students who have a DO acceptance but are on an MD waitlist. As those people get taken off MD wait lists and drop their DO acceptance, the DO WLs will move more. So it's kind of like a domino effect, at least that's how I saw it last year when I applied. I actually know someone in my class who was accepted the second day into the first week of school. They got the call, packed up their stuff and took an overnight flight to FL, haha. I hope everyone waiting hears some good news soon!

So I got an email about my Nsu pin. What does that mean? Ofcourse it says it doesnt mean I'm admitted but why did they send it to me?