**Official 2019 Prosthodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@rock33
thank you so much! this is very helpful!
I'm thinking of specializing into prosthodontics bc the general dentists that I shadowed are just doing fillings, cleanings, and the occasional avg quality crown.
I really liked how prosth kept the patient relationship, and actually had a variety of procedures every day.

side note: Do you think it would be worth specializing if you had to pay A LOT for the program? (more than that 120K total bc UIC sounds like a solid deal)
Tennessee is a heavy surgical program ( I am not sure please check I guess they have no tuition plus you get a stipend)
Univ of Connecticut heavy surgical program, they have tuition(not much though) but you also get a stipend.
I have also heard Univ of North Carolina has a very good pros program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@rock33
thank you so much! this is very helpful!
I'm thinking of specializing into prosthodontics bc the general dentists that I shadowed are just doing fillings, cleanings, and the occasional avg quality crown.
I really liked how prosth kept the patient relationship, and actually had a variety of procedures every day.

side note: Do you think it would be worth specializing if you had to pay A LOT for the program? (more than that 120K total bc UIC sounds like a solid deal)
Tennessee is a heavy surgical program ( I am not sure please check I guess they have no tuition plus you get a stipend)
Univ of Connecticut heavy surgical program, they have tuition(not much though) but you also get a stipend.
I have also heard Univ of North Carolina has a very good pros program.

Reactions: 1 users
I have personally visited the program, it's a great program, I would say among the best surgical pros programs I have seen. And I have seen residents working -they were very efficient.
Thank you for the input... do you have much info about the Tuition VS the Revenue sharing ?
I was told cost is 120K and the revenue sharing amounts to about 90-100 K

Do you have any information about this

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the input... do you have much info about the Tuition VS the Revenue sharing ?
I was told cost is 120K and the revenue sharing amounts to about 90-100 K

Do you have any information about this
I don't know much about it. Thou it's written on the UIC website about 20% of the collection. Possibly current 3rd-year residents can give you a better idea. Good Luck!

Hello everyone
Can you please post the names with infilled positions for prosthodontics in post match and how many spots each
Would really appreciate ktr

Hello everyone
Can you please post the names with infilled positions for prosthodontics in post match and how many spots each
Please look into the MATCH website.

As of now, there are open spots in
1. Marquette 1 spot
2. UIC 4 spot
3. Augusta 1 spot

They are already scheduling interviews. It might be easier to get into UIC as the cost of the program is high (40K a year) and it is a large program (10 residents)
Marquette was scheduling for interviews around Jan 1st week and same goes for Augusta

Hello everyone

Were you able to contact any programs?

Have you checked NMS website for the Postmatch process? There were quite many unfilled positions and even at some great schools. It has been almost 3 weeks after the day of Match result and I'm not sure how many are still unfilled. I think you need to contact each director of programs listed on NMS website. I hope this may help you.
Thank u

Please look into the MATCH website.

As of now, there are open spots in
1. Marquette 1 spot
2. UIC 4 spot
3. Augusta 1 spot

They are already scheduling interviews. It might be easier to get into UIC as the cost of the program is high (40K a year) and it is a large program (10 residents)
Marquette was scheduling for interviews around Jan 1st week and same goes for Augusta
Thank u

Anyone knows what is the format of an RPD design test @ OSU?

What kind of things should I do in dental school to make me a competitive prosthodontics applicant when the time comes. Is research important? If so, should research be in something prosthodontics-related or would research on oral biology/oral tissue regeneration be okay? Should I do research all 4 years of dental school? What else is important? (For context, I am beginning dental school in Fall 2020)

Is anybody aware of OSU prosthodontics residency tuition fees as not available on their website? Thank you in advance.