**Official 2022 Peds PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I matched!! Congrats to everyone who matched so far and, even if this wasn't your year, huge congrats for making it this far! Good luck to those planning on post matching! and a huge thank you to everyone on this platform for keeping me sane during this stressful process :giggle:

Reactions: 6 users
Had nightmares about not matching ALL night and then went and slept in my kid’s room and had a dream I matched…

And I matched to the program I dreamed I matched at!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I hope match day is going well for everyone!

If it didn’t go the way you wanted, try to turn this red light into a green light. Maybe this isn’t your year to start a residency, and that’s okay.

As a 4th year dental student in 2019, I did not match with a peds program. I was disappointed, but then found an opportunity to work in peds and that prepared me more than I could imagine. Plus, I got to live in a really cool place and enjoy life outside of school. When I reapplied this year, I had 8 interviews and I matched with my top choice.

Now here’s the green light I’ll share with you… the peds group I work with is looking for a temporary doctor in Southern Oregon. We are growing super fast and it could turn into something more long term within the group. Message me if interested. This could be your next new adventure.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who match!! When are the post match positions released?

Reactions: 1 user
Matched!!!
Anyone matched to University of Michigan!! Let’s get intouch!!

Reactions: 3 users
I matched to Denver. Anyone else??

when post match positions open up, what do you recommend to email to the program directors? What should the email say?

Congratulations to everyone who matched....nice to see some familiar names who made it:thumbup:🥳🥳

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who Matched! Now, enjoy whatever time you have before you have to carry one of these demons around...

Pager.jpg

Big Hoss

Reactions: 6 users
Here are the post-match spots:

Children's Hospital Colorado - Positions: 2
NYU Langone: Hawaii - Positions: 2
Boston University - Positions: 1
Tufts University (MS Degree 3yr) - Positions: 3
BronxCare Health - Positions: 4
NYU Langone: Brooklyn - Positions: 4
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center - Positions: 2
Jamaica Hospital - Positions: 1
NYU Langone: Nashville - Positions: 4
Texas A&M (no stipend) - Positions: 1
NYU Langone: Washington - Positions: 1

Best of luck to everyone in post-match right now! Keep the thread updated as programs fill their positions :luck:

Reactions: 2 users
How do we apply to the NYU Langone post match spots? I filled out the online survey they had and sent an email expressing my interest. Is there anything else I need to do??
I already applied to the schools through pass in the regular phase 2.

Here are the post-match spots:

Children's Hospital Colorado - Positions: 2
NYU Langone: Hawaii - Positions: 2
Boston University - Positions: 1
Tufts University (MS Degree 3yr) - Positions: 3
BronxCare Health - Positions: 4
NYU Langone: Brooklyn - Positions: 4
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center - Positions: 2
Jamaica Hospital - Positions: 1
NYU Langone: Nashville - Positions: 4
Texas A&M (no stipend) - Positions: 1
NYU Langone: Washington - Positions: 1

Best of luck to everyone in post-match right now! Keep the thread updated as programs fill their positions
Children’s Colorado being on here is very surprising

Reactions: 1 users
Had nightmares about not matching ALL night and then went and slept in my kid’s room and had a dream I matched…

And I matched to the program I
Yah very surprising ! Maybe they didn't rank many candidates? There are more post match positions this year than last year ( I think ) and some really good programs! Hopefully goes to some deserving candidates !

From what I’ve heard from multiple people...the program provides solid clinical training, but it has a history of having a very malignant culture in how residents are treated. That reputation undoubtedly affects it going into the Match.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 4 users
What do people know about Wyckoff? Pretty interesting they didn't fill either of their positions.

From what I’ve heard from multiple people...the program provides solid clinical training, but it has a history of having a very malignant culture in how residents are treated. That reputation undoubtedly affects it going into the Match.

Big Hoss
Hm, this is interesting to hear! I didn't do my research apparently lol because I wanted to rank Colorado near the top but ultimately chose not to because of distance. I really liked the program, but now I feel better about the "what-ifs" of not matching there.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who matched! I matched to Columbia, MO. Would love to get to know anyone else who matched there!

any updates on post Match? When and how do the programs reach out to potential candidates? Was emailing these programs enough? This wait and watch all over again....😬

Hm, this is interesting to hear! I didn't do my research apparently lol because I wanted to rank Colorado near the top but ultimately chose not to because of distance. I really liked the program, but now I feel better about the "what-ifs" of not matching there.
That's how I feel too!!! I was so close to wanting to rank them top per their reputation and last minute changed my mind ; went with my gut and ranked the one that seemed very chill ; which I believe fits my personality the best and when I saw I matched with them it was the best feeling ... hopefully I don't regret it 😂

That's how I feel too!!! I was so close to wanting to rank them top per their reputation and last minute changed my mind ; went with my gut and ranked the one that seemed very chill ; which I believe fits my personality the best and when I saw I matched with them it was the best feeling ... hopefully I don't regret it 😂
Last cycle during our social with prospective candidates, my coresidents and I were asked by a candidate if we would choose our program again knowing what we know now. Our universal answer was yes. We all loved our program as much as anyone could love a residency (great clinical and didactic training and faculty treated us as colleagues from day one). This candidate then said that she was surprised how many residents at other programs flat out said they wouldn't choose their program again. You definitely want to do your homework when applying to and ranking programs.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users
Mine was last minute too lol! I'm happy with my choice. Glad it worked out for you too :)

• Love
Last cycle during our social with prospective candidates, my coresidents and I were asked by a candidate if we would choose our program again knowing what we know now. Our universal answer was yes. We all loved our program as much as anyone could love a residency (great clinical and didactic training and faculty treated us as colleagues from day one). This candidate then said that she was surprised how many residents at other programs flat out said they wouldn't choose their program again. You definitely want to do your homework when applying to and ranking programs.

Big Hoss
Oh wow ! You are so right! can't imagine being trapped in a program and being unhappy ...hope future applicants can learn from it !!

What interview questions were asked?
Any inputs???

Hopefully matched applicants will fill this for future applicants!

Program Matched:
Dental School Attended:
Year Earned DMD/DDS:
International Student (yes/no):
NBME scores:
Class Ranking/Size:
Externship(s)/where:
Research:
Extracurriculars:
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked/Ranked position:

Out of curiosity, did anyone get a call from NYU Langone Brooklyn about accepting one of the post match spots? My friend who applied last year said that they called her to ask her if she was interested in one of the post match spots.

Has anyone heard from NYU programs for post match spots?

For people who matched, we have to wait for the programs to reach us, correct? Anything els we need to do ?

Tufts Post match position did anyone heard back from them?

For people who matched, we have to wait for the programs to reach us, correct? Anything els we need to do ?
MATCH WEBSITE

Check out that link. It says: "If you matched to a position, you should contact the program to acknowledge the Match result as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time on Match Results Day"

My program did reach out to me that morning though so I did not end up calling.

MATCH WEBSITE

Check out that link. It says: "If you matched to a position, you should contact the program to acknowledge the Match result as soon as possible after 12:00 p.m. noon Eastern Time on Match Results Day"

My program did reach out to me that morning though so I did not end up calling.
Oh ! Thank you !!! I'm just sitting here chilling lol thought they gonna reachout to us by Feb 3rd like the March email said lol

Has anyone participated in a dental residency internship? How was your experience? How much did you feel it help your candidacy for residency programs? Is it worth pursuing the residency vs working the year in a pediatric office? Any and all information is very much appreciated!

So the programs have to send us the official offer letter/contract by Feb 3rd? I assume that's what the deal is

Program Matched: My top choice
Dental School Attended: University of Colorado
Year Earned DDS: 2019 (Advance Standing DDS)
GPR: OU Children’s Hospital, 2021
International Student (yes/no): No, but I am in H4 visa with work permit
NBDE Part 1 and 2 /ADAT Score: 550
Class Ranking/Size: top 25%
Externship(s)/where: 6 -> Temple, Boston Children, Ohio State, Colorado, UIC and Yale – All are in person pre pandemic
Extracurriculars: Most of outreaches (COMOM, Give Kids a Smile, Special Olympics), Lead Tooth Mobile Dental Van and Preceptor Dentist
Programs Applied to/Interview Invites/Interviews attended/Programs Ranked: 16/8/8/8/Matched in Top Choice

First time I got matched to Pedo focused GPR which helped me a lot to learn and grow.

Second time I had 2 interviews but didn’t match. It was very disappointing.

BUT I PERSISTED. I started working for a community clinic which gave plenty of opportunities to treat children, volunteer outreach community events, lead tooth mobile van and teach dental students as preceptor dentist. In addition, I was staying connected with program directors and current residents. It helped big time.

Yes, the third time I applied early, had super strong PEFs, one-page crispy statement. It clicked.

Programs Interviewed: UMN, UNMC, OHSU, Temple, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Mount Sinai, and St. Barnabas Hospital. In addition, I also received Jamaica Hospital (Meet and Greet session) and Boston Children’s (waitlisted).

All the interviewers asked about my preceptor dentist and tooth mobile experience.

There are a lot of amazing people I have met in this journey. In which Ashly (I am sure most of the applicants know her) was the one who was always there for me. Thank you very much for everything Ashly. Thank you to my mentors. No words to express my gratitude.

Thank you “T00thDr” for keeping this group super active and up to date on interview calls.

All the best for future applicants.

Reactions: 11 users
Post Match Interview: NYU Langone - Brooklyn (Zoom on 2/4) sent out tonight. Does anyone know anything about this residency?

Anyone hear back for any post match interviews?? Please update here if you do!