**Official 2022 Peds PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody on here who pre-matched to Toledo? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I bombed my interview…Anyone else ?

Reactions: 1 user
How does post match work? Do we have to get new letters of rec? And what about if we re apply next cycle?

How does post match work? Do we have to get new letters of rec? And what about if we re apply next cycle?
You don’t need new LORs for post-match, but you do if you re-apply next cycle.

I feel like I bombed my interview…Anyone else ?
I always feel good right after the interview and then about a day later little snippets of stupid things I said pop into my head 🙄

Reactions: 1 users
hi everyone
I hope you are all doing well

did anyone hear back from Nova Southeastern?
did they offer any positions?

Any last minute ranking tips? Goodluck everyone!
I am ranking based on true preference only. Match sent an email regarding that and that is what they recommend. List pros and cons of each program and decide which one you like best. I did not rank at least 2 programs, I knew I would be miserable there.

I think I am pretty confident on my top two and everything else below has been switching around daily... when I start adding cost of living into my consideration my head explodes.

Lists are due four weeks from tomorrow!

Happy Parks And Recreation GIF

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Temple will be letting you know if they'll be ranking you? I thought that the program director said during the interview that they'll be emailing you to let you know.

Does anyone know if Temple will be letting you know if they'll be ranking you? I thought that the program director said during the interview that they'll be emailing you to let you know.

They will call letting you know they ranked you, but no program is allowed to tell where on the list. Last year, they called a lot more than their 10 spots.

If you get an email from a program the week of Match coming out and it is telling you more about the area /program is this a sign they are ranking you ?
The interview was over a month ago :)

If you get an email from a program the week of Match coming out and it is telling you more about the area /program is this a sign they are ranking you ?
The interview was over a month ago :)
I don't think it ensures that they ranked you - it may just be a general email the office sends to every interviewee.

That said, at worst it is a neutral thing and at best it is only sent to those that they rank!

Soooo are/were we supposed to reach out to the PD at our top choice program? I’m a little confused tbh. Does it look bad if we didn’t?

I sent a thank you email after my interview, but are they expecting a letter of intent or something?

Soooo are/were we supposed to reach out to the PD at our top choice program? I’m a little confused tbh. Does it look bad if we didn’t?

I sent a thank you email after my interview, but are they expecting a letter of intent or something?
Hi Pedsgal,

I do not understand your question. Did you prematch at Toledo?

Hi Pedsgal,

I do not understand your question. Did you prematch at Toledo?
I didn’t apply to Toledo. I was asking about our top choice programs in general, like is there an unspoken rule/etiquette that you’re supposed to do anything other than send thank you emails after the interview?

I didn’t apply to Toledo. I was asking about our top choice programs in general, like is there an unspoken rule/etiquette that you’re supposed to do anything other than send thank you emails after the interview?
A “thank you” email with a hint of your strong interest in their program will suffice I believe.

A “thank you” email with a hint of your strong interest in their program will suffice I believe.

Yeah, I agree with Jolly-joy.

Match rules say that you can also send an email stating that you have a "high interest" and if you are going to rank them on your list... But, the thank you email probably covers those bases.

I only sent thank you emails to a few people at my top three programs and I am going to leave it at that. I don't think that anything we send after the interview will have a positive or negative effect on our rank list placement. Totally up to you though!

Yeah, I agree with Jolly-joy.

Match rules say that you can also send an email stating that you have a "high interest" and if you are going to rank them on your list... But, the thank you email probably covers those bases.

I only sent thank you emails to a few people at my top three programs and I am going to leave it at that. I don't think that anything we send after the interview will have a positive or negative effect on our rank list placement. Totally up to you though!
Okay thank you both!! I think I’ve officially gotten to the overthinking and panicking stage of Match now lollll 😅

Okay thank you both!! I think I’ve officially gotten to the overthinking and panicking stage of Match now lollll 😅
I am right there with you... :rofl:

Tom Number GIF by TAG24

Four weeks LEFT!

Just venting here…. I wish we found out match results at least 6 months before the July 1st start date. It’s really bumming me out that I won’t be able to say proper goodbyes to so many families 😭

Hey guys , how do you confirm the match codes for the programs you want to rank is correct? I was looking at Alabama and it has 2 , one says stipend and one none? Sorry if it's a simple question ..I have to yet submit mine and it's so nerve wrecking

Hey guys , how do you confirm the match codes for the programs you want to rank is correct? I was looking at Alabama and it has 2 , one says stipend and one none? Sorry if it's a simple question ..I have to yet submit mine and it's so nerve wrecking
The match codes are listed on PASS, when you click on each program individually or in the program search on PASS. As for Alabama having two codes, if there are indeed two peds codes (check this, one may be for another type of residency), you might just send an email to the program asking which code you should use, that way you don’t select the wrong one.

Peds group I work with is looking for a temp doctor in Southern Oregon. We are growing super fast and it could turn into something long term within the group. Message me if interested

Last edited:
did you find out? I am trying to rank it right now and I just noticed theres 2...

did you find out? I am trying to rank it right now and I just noticed theres 2...
One code if for international students or students who are not US citizens, it’s a 3 years program, the other is the regular stipend based 2 year program.

Hey, does anyone know the salary for NYU Langone peds programs? I know it’s between 45k-55k but didn’t know if any programs gave out a number for this upcoming year?

One code if for international students or students who are not US citizens, it’s a 3 years program, the other is the regular stipend based 2 year program.
This is what I'm told too , thank you

Hey, does anyone know the salary for NYU Langone peds programs? I know it’s between 45k-55k but didn’t know if any programs gave out a number for this upcoming year?

Looks like the sample contract they sent us (which was for the entering class in 2020) had PGY1: 50k; PGY2: 53k; Chief resident: 3k bump in salary. Hope that helps. I can't imagine it would be too different than that.

Less than three weeks!

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Heads up! Temple is calling people right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Are they done calling people? The ranking still can be modified now. I guess you could change your ranking once you know they didn't rank you?
Not sure if they are done. The phone call came from the Director Dr. Paul so it probably takes quite a bit of time for him to make all those calls.

It came up as "potential spam" on my phone in case anybody missed a call that way.

I guess you COULD modify your rankings but having them on your list or off doesn't change where you end up matching to. I think they really call to have one extra opportunity to talk with applicants and get as many as possible to rank them highly.

Last edited:
Heads up! Temple is calling people right now.
Thanks for letting us know! I’m sure they ranked a lot of people with having 10 spots, so it probably takes awhile to call that many people in between the duties of being a PD! Still holding out hope

Not sure if they are done. The phone call came from the Director Dr. Paul so it probably takes quite a bit of time for him to make all those calls.

It came up as "potential spam" on my phone in case anybody missed a call that way.

I guess you COULD modify your rankings but having them on your list or off doesn't change where you end up matching to. I think they really call to have one extra opportunity to talk with applicants and get as many as possible to rank them highly.
Wondering if there is a difference in receiving a call from the PD vs attending at Temple? Are people contacted by the PD ranked higher? Any input from applicants from previous cycles?

I know I’m being paranoid but after you submit your rank list it says … “your rank list has been certified …is ready to be used in the Match.” There is NOTHING else that needs to be done right ?? It’s all good now ???

how much does pediatric dentist make per day? base is usually 1000? @T00thDr

Last edited:
I know I’m being paranoid but after you submit your rank list it says … “your rank list has been certified …is ready to be used in the Match.” There is NOTHING else that needs to be done right ?? It’s all good now ???
Yeah

Rank lists due one week from today... It feels like it's getting real now :rofl: o_O

What are all of you making your main priority when ranking? (distance from family, money, prestige of program, number of residents, feel from interview, etc.)

Rank lists due one week from today... It feels like it's getting real now :rofl: o_O

What are all of you making your main priority when ranking? (distance from family, money, prestige of program, number of residents, feel from interview, etc.)
This is so incredibly difficult for me!! Not only do I have to consider myself but also my family - I have 2 children and my husband.
My top two programs both have really good stipends but are totally different. One is full on hospital while the other is 50:50 didactic and hospital. One has a lot of residents and the other very little. One place is very affordable the other pretty expensive.
I wish the 24th could just be tomorrow so I would stop thinking about this !
Also, does the email always come out at 8:00 EST?

What programs do you all consider most prestigious? My sense has been Harvard, UNC, OSU but would be curious what others think!

Reminder to go triple check your rank list in the Match portal to make sure it's certified!!

For the people who are still finalizing your order: the list is due Friday at 11:59 PM **EST**... aka 10:59 PM CST, 9:59 PM MST, and 8:59 PM PST.

Good luck, y'all! Putting out ✨good vibes✨ to the universe for each of us

Reactions: 11 users
Reminder to go triple check your rank list in the Match portal to make sure it's certified!!

For the people who are still finalizing your order: the list is due Friday at 11:59 PM **EST**... aka 10:59 PM CST, 9:59 PM MST, and 8:59 PM PST.

Good luck, y'all! Putting out ✨good vibes✨ to the universe for each of us
I feel like I check it every other day just to make sure that it didn't somehow become "uncertified"... This process is crazy and I'm glad it is almost over.... :laugh:

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

Number GIF by Sesame Street

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users