**Official 2024 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do not worry! GSO is always an open optionšŸ™ƒ
Hahaha yeah right. I know it's sarcasm but people will unfortunately go to that option. For me personally, there is a certain opportunity cost I'm willing to take on. I've dreamed of being an orthodontist since I was 14, but I know putting myself in that kind of debt will make it very difficult to enjoy my career and work. It's sad it's come to that for so many people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys for Jacksonville, did you have to request official transcripts for your undergrad, I just uploaded them on their website?

Hahaha yeah right. I know it's sarcasm but people will unfortunately go to that option. For me personally, there is a certain opportunity cost I'm willing to take on. I've dreamed of being an orthodontist since I was 14, but I know putting myself in that kind of debt will make it very difficult to enjoy my career and work. It's sad it's come to that for so many people.
Have faith! All realistic dreams come true with effort. And being an orthodontist is totally a realistic wish.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview email from NYU for Oct 19th and 20th . I think they are filling up the open interview spots

Reactions: 1 users
I know this is a long shot, but if anyone is able to switch their SLU interview date on 10/10 or 10/11 to 10/19 please let me know!

Would anyone be able to switch their Rutgers Interview with me? Currently have 10/27, but looking to switch to 10/30. Please let me know :)

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone is able to switch their SLU interview date on 10/10 or 10/11 to 10/19 please let me know!
Hello, would you please let us know when the interview invitations were sent and interview dates? Do they have socials?

Hello, would you please let us know when the interview invitations were sent and interview dates? Do they have socials?

Itā€™s number 24 on the compiled list! The social is the night before the interview date, so the 18th in this case.

Itā€™s number 24 on the compiled list! The social is the night before the interview date, so the 18th in this case.
Oh my bad lol

it was St Louis not Southern Illinois. Haha thank you for the clarification.

Would anyone be able to switch their Rutgers Interview with me? Currently have 10/27, but looking to switch to 10/30. Please let me know :)
did they confirm interview dates yet? never heard back after requesting.

Did they send out the confirmation of your selected scheduled dates yet?

I hope you find someone! I know that can be super stressful, but if you donā€™t, please let the school know you canā€™t attend so that those on waitlists can have a chance

Reactions: 2 users
Any idea when will Jacksonville send out interviews? Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when will Jacksonville send out interviews? Thanks a lot
During last year,
  1. 10/3 (email) UBC, 11/5 (online)
  2. 10/4 (phone) Medstar, 10/29 virtual
  3. 10/12 (email) Maimonides 11/8 in-person
  4. 10/18 (email) Georgia School of Orthodontics, Oct 19 - 26th virtual
  5. 10/19 (email): Jacksonville Oct 24 or 25th, online
  6. 10/19 (email): Howard, November 3rd
  7. ??? (???): University of Montreal, two weeks ago
  8. 10/26 (email): USC, November 7th

oh I totally forgot about Maimo lol
Who is UBC?

oh I totally forgot about Maimo lol
Who is UBC?
The University of British Columbia in Vancouver Canada. I went to a conference in Vancouver and it was an unforgettable place probably the most beautiful city and nature in North America

• Care
What are the pros and cons of hospital vs university based programs?

What are the pros and cons of hospital vs university based programs?
Hospital programs:
Pros: cost because they are GME funded

Cons: somehow my friend, whose father owns a very successful practice, tells me to not to apply to these GME programs like Bronx, Medstar, Maimo and Montefiore.

University (dental school) programs:
Pros: best for private practice and academia

Cons: Cost

Hospital programs:

Cons: somehow my friend, whose father owns a very successful practice, tells me to not to apply to these GME programs like Bronx, Medstar, Maimo and Montefiore.

What are the reasons why he said not to apply to these programs?

Hospital programs:

Did they say why not hospitals? (As if I have any interviews from them)

Did they say why not hospitals? (As if I have any interviews from them)
I didn't get to ask him. If I knew the reasons, I would have already shared them in my previous post.

And also another friend of mine told me to not to apply to these GME programs. Both went to 2 year, very cheap or almost free, and very highly respected university programs

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Has anybody who interviewed at Colorado University heard back from them yet?

Has anybody who interviewed at Colorado University heard back from them yet?
I haven't heard anything either. I'm thinking that either nobody has heard back yet or the school instructed admitted applicants not to reveal their admission for some reason.

Can someone tell me more about socials night? What are the kind of conversations happening with the residents? Should you be prepared for anything well in advance?

Hi guys, I am kindly asking again: if one of you can please change their 10/25 Montefiore interview with my 10/27 interview I would be eternally grateful. Thank you!

Can someone tell me more about socials night? What are the kind of conversations happening with the residents? Should you be prepared for anything well in advance?
You meet in a place, where there are some snacks/drinks alcoholic/non-alcoholic. There are residents, some faculty, other interviewees
people wear nice clothes, not too casual, not very professional.
You just talk to others and the residents, and ask questions about the program, be pleasant, friendly, don't be obnoxious, don't exclude others.
Try to be social even if you are a shy person. I bet the residents will have a say who they like too.
so it's unofficial part of the interview, so don't say silly stuff you'll regret later.
I found arriving 5 mins earlier make you get to know others better, arriving on time, and later, makes you more exlcuded from conversations because everyone by then have already introduced themselves and got to know each others better.

Can anyone switch their 10/23 NOVA with my 10/20? Please let me know!! Thank you!

What should you wear to the resident socials? They say to dress casually, but I really don't know if jeans are the way to go..?
You meet in a place, where there are some snacks/drinks alcoholic/non-alcoholic. There are residents, some faculty, other interviewees
people wear nice clothes, not too casual, not very professional.
You just talk to others and the residents, and ask questions about the program, be pleasant, friendly, don't be obnoxious, don't exclude others.
Try to be social even if you are a shy person. I bet the residents will have a say who they like too.
so it's unofficial part of the interview, so don't say silly stuff you'll regret later.
I found arriving 5 mins earlier make you get to know others better, arriving on time, and later, makes you more exlcuded from conversations because everyone by then have already introduced themselves and got to know each others better.

What should you wear to the resident socials? They say to dress casually, but I really don't know if jeans are the way to go..?
I would not wear jeans. At the social I went to people were still dressed professionally, some in blazers!
My friend in residency told me business casual (think cardigan, button up, blouse).

Some people can pull dark jeans pants if they wear a blazer on top with nice shirt that matching in colors.
But I am afraid jeans will give traditional people the message that you don't care that much.
This is for social.
At the end of the day.. wear what makes you confident and comfortable!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231011_064555_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_064555_Google.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20231011_064608_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_064608_Google.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20231011_064625_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_064625_Google.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 54
For guys, I would recommend chinos for pants since they are more formal but still business casual; then add a collared shirt which can be as casual as you want (can be a solid color, patterned, colorful, etc). Jeans typically just are a little too casual but a nice pair of dark jeans are still relatively acceptable.

I heard from someone that they sent out this past weekend, but don't know forsure.

GSO sent out on 10/09 for virtual interviews between 10/16 and 11/1

Can anyone pls confirm about Medstar if you got an interview?

Do you think the interviewers take the ā€œnumbersā€ into consideration once the interviews are done? In other words, the documents are already reviewed to send out the interview invites, but will they look at the documents again with the interview results? What are your thoughts?

Do you think the interviewers take the ā€œnumbersā€ into consideration once the interviews are done? In other words, the documents are already reviewed to send out the interview invites, but will they look at the documents again with the interview results? What are your thoughts?
Yes

Question regarding Match and Non Match.

Do non match schools like Rochester send interview calls to those who had registered for Match?

Last year Maimo sent October 8th..
Maybe they sent already?