**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally get to officially join this thread! It's been quite the wild ride to get to this point :p
CONGRATS!!

Now onto business: you must sacrifice one meme to officially officially join the thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else feel an odd sense of panic withdrawing from schools? Like even when you know you are not going to attend? It's weirdly stressful!

I sent in all my withdrawal letters this week. I already moved to my chosen school yet still felt tremendous anxiety clicking send. I mean there is no turning back, yet I was scared lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I sent in all my withdrawal letters this week. I already moved to my chosen school yet still felt tremendous anxiety clicking send. I mean there is no turning back, yet I was scared lol

It's so scary lol

Reactions: 1 user
It's so scary lol

Lol I know!

And I got a call about an acceptance into a program for the school I chose, while sending withdrawals and on the phone the director was like "if you decide to come to the west coast and be with us that is", and I'm like "yes, definitely a strong pull to the school now"

Meanwhile I already live in her neighborhood bahaha

Reactions: 1 users
C9pATcJXUAADNWi.jpg
Definitely the one on the right. High waisted pants are all the rage these days.

Reactions: 4 users
I think I'm pretty much unofficially decided on a school. Not even sure if getting off a waitlist at one of the top tens I got WL at would sway me at this point... I just want to go where I feel like I was more wanted, is that weird?

Reactions: 2 users
I think I'm pretty much unofficially decided on a school. Not even sure if getting off a waitlist at one of the top tens I got WL at would sway me at this point... I just want to go where I feel like I was more wanted, is that weird?

Absolutely not. Not weird at all.
I would like to caution you though. If you don't feel wanted simply because of an initial waitlist, then I believe it would be unwise to rule out an opportunity with lifelong ramifications. However, if you don't feel wanted because of a general lack of institutional support, then that seems like an excellent reason to rule a school out.

Best of luck!

Absolutely not. Not weird at all.
I would like to caution you though. If you don't feel wanted simply because of an initial waitlist, then I believe it would be unwise to rule out an opportunity with lifelong ramifications. However, if you don't feel wanted because of a general lack of institutional support, then that seems like an excellent reason to rule a school out.

Best of luck!
Did you just use your SDN handle in your post?

Members don't see this ad :)

Alright, I listened to it the whole way through. I enjoy hip hop as much as the next guy, but I thought it was good/great and not as amazing as what all the hype is about. Am I missing something? I've got the annotated Genius lyrics up and am going to read through them tomorrow so hopefully I'll catch some stuff I missed.

...I've got the annotated Genius lyrics up and am going to read through them tomorrow so hopefully I'll catch some stuff I missed.

Lol when you start studying rap lyrics to pass the "Woke" test. I all seriousness, I thought the album was ok, I felt like either I'm missing something as well, or it is overhyped as we have been inundated with the current phase of mumbo jumbo club music that it the norm now.

Yeah but I'm still on the WL at my top choice so it's going to be a while until I know for sure. It's gonna be a long couple of months.

Also waiting on WL

In theory I'm 'not jumping into a decision right away and taking time to unemotionally weigh pros and cons.' In reality, my heart has been set on one school since I got my acceptance letter there.

Edit: But it's going to be really, really awful to withdraw my other acceptances. Will probably hold on until April 29th, unless I can somehow bring myself to do it earlier.

Same situation. I got accepted into a great IS school, but I'm waitlisted at my 1st and 2nd choices and feel this weird mix of anxiety/happiness. I can't seem to pull the trigger just yet and remove myself from my other waitlisted schools. I think on April 29th I'm going to get some wine and sit by a campfire to make a eulogy to each school to help me feel better about it. Yes I am that dramatic.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 users
Same situation. I got accepted into a great IS school, but I'm waitlisted at my 1st and 2nd choices and feel this weird mix of anxiety/happiness. I can't seem to pull the trigger just yet and remove myself from my other waitlisted schools. I think on April 29th I'm going to get some wine and sit by a campfire to make a eulogy to each school to help me feel better about it. Yes I am that dramatic.

I just thought about it, I'm actually camping that weekend. We'll both be by a campfire, haha

Alright, I listened to it the whole way through. I enjoy hip hop as much as the next guy, but I thought it was good/great and not as amazing as what all the hype is about. Am I missing something? I've got the annotated Genius lyrics up and am going to read through them tomorrow so hopefully I'll catch some stuff I missed.
anthony fantano also rated it as 7, Its a good album, I am unsure about all the hype though. I listened to the entire thing twice and still have the same feeling.

Last edited:
Re: Kendrick Lamar

Got the album, haven't listened to all of it, but it's good. Was reading some of the lyrics to songs yesterday and realised that I did miss a lot in listening to it. I think most of the hype is the strong political stance taken and the bravery for speaking on those things because a lot of rappers/artists like to not involve themselves and I think people are praising him for being honest. I see a lot of articles quoting the "watch my soul speak" part.

Yeah idk about the hype. I like him calling out Geraldo Rivera when he commented on his BET performance "This is why I say that hip-hop has done more damage to young African-Americans than racism in recent years". I've always been a huge fan of Kendrick since good kid madd city so I'm probably biased. But what he talks about is just so much deeper than other rappers talking about how much money they have and all that stuff haha.

While definitely the front runner for best hip hop album this year, I have to say that I prefer GKMC and TPAB way more

While definitely the front runner for best hip hop album this year, I have to say that I prefer GKMC and TPAB way more
That award should go to Hamilton for the next 3 years.

That award should go to Hamilton for the next 3 years.
you mean for the next 47 years ? since Hamilton was 47 when he died at the hands of that coward.

you mean for the next 47 years ? since Hamilton was 47 when he died at the hands of that coward.
I honestly believe it is probably the first and last true masterpiece of the 21st century. I do not use that word lightly either.

I honestly believe it is probably the first and last true masterpiece of the 21st century. I do not use that word lightly either.
Watching Hamilton is one of the greatest experiences of my life. I left the theatre a changed person.

Okay, I thought I had picked a school but everything is up in the air again!! Haha I just want to decide where I will be going to school!!! This whole process is the worst/best. (Wait, can it be both simultaneously? Yes.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Did RFU seriously just try to pitch me their DPM program?

Did RFU seriously just try to pitch me their DPM program?
Maybe they sensed a foot fetish lurking under the surface. Mind sharing your browsing history, Mr. Freak7?

Reactions: 7 users
Maybe they sensed a foot fetish lurking under the surface. Mind sharing your browsing history, Mr. Freak7?
There's more SDN in there than I'm proud of.

I can finally join this thread!! Accepted off the wait list today to my first choice school :)

Reactions: 20 users
Class of 2021:

Send me any questions on the Army Medical Department Health Professions Scholarship Program or the Medical & Dental Student Stipend Program. Both are great programs that give you the opportunity to serve either in the Active Duty environment or Reserve Environment>

MAJ Perkins
Medical Service Corps

Would anyone who has successfully renegotiated financial aid/scholarships be willing to help me with the email I'm drafting? I'm afraid I sound too desperate/whiny lol

Last edited:
Would anyone who has successfully renegotiated financial aid/scholarships be willing to help me with the email I'm drafting? I'm afraid I sound too desperate/whiny lol
I asked and it didn't work :( so don't take my advice! LOL

Last edited:
Finally finished my cap today ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_7041.JPG
    IMG_7041.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 121
Anyone here collect vinyls?

Just ordered my first vinyl and now have a strong urge to collect more

Anyone here collect vinyls?

Just ordered my first vinyl and now have a strong urge to collect more
You are doing it wrong. You need to go to thrift stores and estate sales to pick up vinyls. Paying retail for vinyl makes me wallet hurt.